Jump to content


LA-9RD


  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #21 Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22639 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDragonMaxx, on 05 May 2017 - 07:49 AM, said:

The LA-9RD is up for sale in the Premium shop.  Is this plane worth buying?

 

I compared it against the other tier VII USSR planes and the only thing it has going for it is speed.

 

 

 


Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:39 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


TeamTerrible #22 Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:16 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46394 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostPsicko23, on 05 May 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

 

News flash, no one from Persha (the developers) read this forum. The only one who actually responds and posts from war gaming is Ghost Prime. He can't do anything about what they did. 

    I was hoping that it was going to be a mission as well. Somehow I'm not surprised that they did this. 

 

Here again we are reminded of bad business, to suggest "gift" does not mean please visit the premium shop and dump your money on our poorly developed product

 

Had WG offered this aircraft the same way they came off with plane's such as the 302 then things would seem more correct

 

Wording totally off and that can upset certain people :izmena:

 

Funny how the plane will be offered in an event later.....putting it up for sale now looks like somebody is looking for lolipops :coin:

 


Edited by TeamTerrible, 07 May 2017 - 10:17 AM.

 

 

         


GhostPrime #23 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • 2,086
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostTeamTerrible, on 06 May 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

 

Here again we are reminded of bad business, to suggest "gift" does not mean please visit the premium shop and dump your money on our poorly developed product

 

Had WG offered this aircraft the same way they came off with plane's such as the 302 then things would seem more correct

 

Wording totally off and that can upset certain people :izmena:

 

Funny how the plane will be offered in an event later.....putting it up for sale now looks like somebody is looking for lolipops :coin:

 

 

I do apologize for the misunderstanding and poor choice of word use, and how it can confuse people. 

 

The aircraft is a decent one, its one real trait that puts it above other planes in it's tier is its speed. 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


BCB77B #24 Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 6622 battles
  • 126
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    06-20-2013
Stop whining. The plane is good. I got it. This game is only DEAD to the jokers who spend ZERO time playing it and 100% of their time TROLLING this forum, just to say "the game is dead".

Mackunaima #25 Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20730 battles
  • 1,621
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostGang_Starr, on 06 May 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

 

I said dead, not shut down.

 

View PostSOJO, on 06 May 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

Life Support actually.

 

Neither.

 

This is a zombie.


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


Gang_Starr #26 Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:06 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 12332 battles
  • 3,842
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

View PostBCB77B, on 16 May 2017 - 03:19 AM, said:

This game is only DEAD to the jokers who spend ZERO time playing it and 100% of their time TROLLING this forum

I do have more than double your matches played, if you can't see the game is dead I feel bad for you son. And I guess posting facts is considered "trolling" now. 


Tenks


Quesnel #27 Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:34 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 13095 battles
  • 5,023
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGang_Starr, on 16 May 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

....if you can't see the game is dead I feel bad for you son.

 

I can't help but wonder, why do you keep coming back to visit this "virtual gravesite?"


Gang_Starr #28 Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:34 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 12332 battles
  • 3,842
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

View PostQuesnel, on 16 May 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

 

I can't help but wonder, why do you keep coming back to visit this "virtual gravesite?"

 

The same reason people come to cemeteries to visit a loved one's grave. This was an awesome game that I put countless hours into and the developers neglected the community and made every poor change possible to kill it. I come back because I remember how great it was, but at the same time people still praising this game seem to be in denial about its death.

 

At this point is it basically a single player game but with horrible easily exploitable bot coding and some highly unbalanced plane types. 1vs1 battles with 9 bots on each side is NOT a MMO game and at this point would be false marketing - that is if they actually had marketing for this game....


Tenks


Gang_Starr #29 Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:42 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 12332 battles
  • 3,842
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

But yeah when a person makes a post about how fed up he is with inept developers ruining a game that was once great then he is trolling and should go away.


Tenks


Quesnel #30 Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:52 AM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 13095 battles
  • 5,023
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGang_Starr, on 17 May 2017 - 05:34 AM, said:

 

The same reason people come to cemeteries to visit a loved one's grave. This was an awesome game that I put countless hours into and the developers neglected the community and made every poor change possible to kill it. I come back because I remember how great it was, but at the same time people still praising this game seem to be in denial about its death.

 

At this point is it basically a single player game but with horrible easily exploitable bot coding and some highly unbalanced plane types. 1vs1 battles with 9 bots on each side is NOT a MMO game and at this point would be false marketing - that is if they actually had marketing for this game....

 

I am impressed, a reply I can respect and agree with.

 



Gang_Starr #31 Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 12332 battles
  • 3,842
  • [BAGG] BAGG
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

View PostQuesnel, on 17 May 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

 

I am impressed, a reply I can respect and agree with.

 

 

Glad we are on the same page for once

Tenks


Quesnel #32 Posted 17 May 2017 - 07:26 AM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 13095 battles
  • 5,023
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGang_Starr, on 17 May 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

 

Glad we are on the same page for once

 

Actually, I wrote something along the same lines of what you posted, here there and a few other spots in between. If you click the links, take a long, hard look at the dates, the state of the game isn't a new problem nor is it going to change anytime soon.

 

I have been on the same page as you, Gang, and a few other folks who have come and gone. In the early days, I believed in the promise this game had, that never came to pass. I watched a fantastic window of opportunity squandered and wasted. I voiced my concerns and disgust through other mediums (one exclusive avenue that you got to be a part of) and was brushed off, just flat out ignored. I have left many times, defeated that my thoughts, opinions and ideas didn't matter to those who could make the changes to the benefit of others.

 

However, my passion for this game keeps bringing me back, despite the politics, drama and dead end development. The thrill of the chase, maneuvering and evading in the atmosphere, the imagined sense of aerial combat that I will never experience in the real world, my list could go on.

 

Yes, there are far fewer real people versus artificial opponents to fight, it has been this way for a long time now. Would I like to see more people, either new players discovering and sticking with the game, even veteran players returning and showing the community how things are done? Absolutely. Will that happen? You and I know the answer to that, which is a shame.

 

For the competitive player, there isn't real much to play for. The real people population is low enough that at a given time, a person could almost predict who will be on and what tiers/aircraft they could be flying. There isn't any officially run tournaments, let alone the never-coming Clan Wars. What remains of the game for them isn't the engaging test of skill that it used to be, so long ago.

 

I am not a competitive player, but I am not saying I don't care about such things. I know the trickle down effect that highly organized, serious players and their social groups can have on a gaming environment, both up and down the spectrum.

 

I am not going to drag on in a rant, so I will just explain my perspective like this: vision. WarGaming believed they had another "accidental hit" on their hands, like World of Tanks. That didn't happen. They tried to literally bribe those players over to boost up the small but established population here. Yeah, that fail was pretty epic. Persha made radical and unnecessary changes that drove away even more players. Clan Wars? Nothing more than a fantasy for dreamers. Those players who remained tried to make the best of a worsening situation, like player run tournaments and other events, with mixed results. Which brings us to today.

 

WarGaming lost their vision of the game they set out to create. Players lost their vision of hope when the game didn't turn out as promised. Others cling to the vision of how the game should be, not for what it is right now. I have accepted my vision for what remains and have carved out my own sense of enjoyment from the ruins.



cddlbunny0 #33 Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:25 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3703 battles
  • 226
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013

I had asked if the La9-RD and the Japanese heavy fighter were going to be "given" as part of the new patch to support. Here is their answer. Like Ghost said, they miscommunicated and should have said that they were going to be for sale. I give WG support points at least for being honest.

Category:
WoWP
Sub-category:
In-Game Goods
 
 
OK have updated the patch for WoP and where are the gift planes that were in the update? Did someone forget them or do you have to uninstall and re-install for find out if you got them or not? It is like getting excited over Xmas and finding out that the only thing you got was an empty box. Does WG expect players in this offering to buy later what they were promised with the update.
Closed

Replies

 
AJ Andrews 

Hi cddlbunny0,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

I apologize for the confusion. These gift planes are technically gift for the new patch update, not gift for each players. You will still have to buy them in the shop for you to be able to use it.

Though, we don't have any information when these planes be available in the premium shop for pick up, they will be available sooner.

You may check this link for more information.


Edited by cddlbunny0, 17 May 2017 - 09:31 AM.


Einssniper #34 Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8386 battles
  • 119
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    09-11-2015
I noticed in some videos that even the prop engine is damaged, the 2 turbos would still function, i.e. the 2 turbos never get damaged and the speed retention is less affected. WG plz explain is that just for visual effects?

GhostPrime #35 Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:09 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1656 battles
  • 2,086
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostEinssniper, on 17 May 2017 - 04:59 AM, said:

I noticed in some videos that even the prop engine is damaged, the 2 turbos would still function, i.e. the 2 turbos never get damaged and the speed retention is less affected. WG plz explain is that just for visual effects?

 

Interesting, good question! I'll look into this for you and see if I can get an answer for you. 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


cddlbunny0 #36 Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:58 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 3703 battles
  • 226
  • [335TH] 335TH
  • Member since:
    05-18-2013
So there is in basics no change in the La9-RD like in the I-15bisDM except they have jet engines mounted on the pods. Wonder if the thinking was that they would be get above the bombers quickly or gain altitude or to try to outfly the opposition? Have to do Wikiing on this.

TeamTerrible #37 Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:22 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46394 battles
  • 2,137
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 May 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

 

I do apologize for the misunderstanding and poor choice of word use, and how it can confuse people. 

 

The aircraft is a decent one, its one real trait that puts it above other planes in it's tier is its speed. 

 

Yes, it seems like a decent aircraft at "gift' price

 

For purchase...meh, mom and dad always said "to me from me" isn't a gift at all

 

View Postcddlbunny0, on 17 May 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

I had asked if the La9-RD and the Japanese heavy fighter were going to be "given" as part of the new patch to support. Here is their answer. Like Ghost said, they miscommunicated and should have said that they were going to be for sale. I give WG support points at least for being honest.

Category:
WoWP
Sub-category:
In-Game Goods
 
 
OK have updated the patch for WoP and where are the gift planes that were in the update? Did someone forget them or do you have to uninstall and re-install for find out if you got them or not? It is like getting excited over Xmas and finding out that the only thing you got was an empty box. Does WG expect players in this offering to buy later what they were promised with the update.
Closed

Replies

 
AJ Andrews 

Hi cddlbunny0,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support.

I apologize for the confusion. These gift planes are technically gift for the new patch update, not gift for each players. You will still have to buy them in the shop for you to be able to use it.

Though, we don't have any information when these planes be available in the premium shop for pick up, they will be available sooner.

You may check this link for more information.

 

lol

 

 


 

 

         





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users