Rockstone ~ 5 bomb Kill Ace Medal

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

After watching my "BSH-1 Hard Carry" video, Rockstone sent me a replay, purely for my own entertainment, featuring a 5 bomb kill Ace medal in his BSh-1.

He specifically told me that he was not looking for a replay video (since the Draw result of the battle was less than satisfying), but I felt that I just HAD to share a short clip of the battle, where Rockstone scores 5 bomb kills in less than a minute, including an air-to-air bomb kill and a triple bomb kill to earn both Destroyer and Ace medals.

I felt that this accomplishment was worthy of a Two Steps From Hell soundtrack, despite this being a very short video clip.

Nicely flown, Rock!!! :honoring::playing::izmena::medal:

I hope y'all enjoy the ride......

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Steel_bomber_ #2 Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15733 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Opted something like a "bomb zvonarev medal" a couple of years ago, my guess it will never happen.

Skills like this should be awarded (ask the white Labrador) !

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Zapperguy #3 Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33064 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Amazing feat, Rock! I've yet to accomplish it myself. I got 4 planes with one bomb back when bombs could hurt you, but haven't yet gotten 5 in a match with only bombs. Glad you made a video for him as proof.

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Texthor #4 Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 27662 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 05 May 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

Opted something like a "bomb zvonarev medal" a couple of years ago, my guess it will never happen.

Skills like this should be awarded (ask the white Labrador) !

Mighty Thor is a Golden Retriever.......you heathen.

You can see the AM3 disintegrate right below and ahead of the GA....yet no damage to the BSH !!!!  Bombs that kill  planes and Superman armor for GA is what makes this game a joke.......

_Warchylde_ #5 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

You do realize, don't you, that historically, Russian ground attack planes, no matter who produced them, had armored steel plating added to them for extra protection.

The funny thing is, this is exactly what made them so slow and vulnerable, and one of the easiest targets in the war, and in the game as well, for that matter.

GAs are not invincible. For every awesome battle, there are several more that end in tears.  They are flying trucks, and handle like trucks.  GAs are easy to defeat, if you have any grasp of the game.

I'm an amateur aviation historian, and long ago, I learned to take historical facts, and real world physics, out of the equation when considering an arcade shooter video game.  Oh yeah.... IT'S AN EFFIN' GAME!!

Get over it already.

Don't tailgate, don't get bombed, limit your exposure to the tailgunner, and they die like any other plane.  It's a game, it has mechanics.  Learn the mechanics, play the game, and win.....or pout, stomp your​ feet, and repeat the same childish chant over and over......

Here's another "joke" for you....How "skilled" do you think you would be when you realize that sweet cannon on your light fighter only carried 30 rounds historically? Or had an unfortunate tendency to jam during hard maneuvering? or that your favorite fighter's engine had a nasty habit of choking out, during negative G maneuvers?

IT'S AN EFFIN' GAME!!! 

For cryin' out loud, get over it......

Edited by _Warchylde_, 05 May 2017 - 02:21 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:04 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 05 May 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

You do realize, don't you...

The answer to that question is definitely not.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Rounne #7 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

It's total bullcrap is what it is. Show me a single incident in ww1 or ww2 where any plane was ever brought down by the enemy dropping a bomb on the ground in front of it while it was hundreds of feet in the air. It is a completely bullcrap mechanic to make up for the fact that this company cannot manage to make rear gunners actually worth a damn. It's bullcrap mechanics just like this that get people to bail on this game, and rightfully so. 

It's pathetic that this could ever happen in this game and yet it actually happens a lot.

Edited by Rounne, 05 May 2017 - 03:54 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:28 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

It's total bullcrap is what it is. Show me a single incident in ww1 or ww2 where any plane was ever brought down by the enemy dropping a bomb on the ground in front of it while it was hundreds of feet in the air. It is a completely bullcrap mechanic to make up for the fact that this company cannot manage to make real gunners actually worth a damn. It's bullcrap mechanics just like this that get people to bail on this game, and rightfully so. 

It's pathetic that this could ever happen in this game and yet it actually happens a lot.

To noobs.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

_Warchylde_ #9 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Come on.....tell us how you really feel.....

Why can't you simply acknowledge the fact that someone knows how to play the game.

It's easy, you know.....doesn't have to be anything more than a "nicely played", or even "good gaming".

Oh yeah, IT'S AN EFFIN' GAME!!!

We didn't design it, we didn't develop it (Heaven knows we had no say in its development, with all of the "testing feedback" thrown into the nearest dumpster), but some of us decided to LEARN how to PLAY it.....you know....THE GAME.

Seriously, can you do anything besides badmouth everything?  Anything?  You know.....like maybe shut up and fly?

Edited by _Warchylde_, 05 May 2017 - 02:37 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

_Warchylde_ #10 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

It's total bullcrap is what it is. Show me a single incident in ww1 or ww2 where any plane was ever brought down by the enemy dropping a bomb on the ground in front of it while it was hundreds of feet in the air. It is a completely bullcrap mechanic to make up for the fact that this company cannot manage to make real gunners actually worth a damn. It's bullcrap mechanics just like this that get people to bail on this game, and rightfully so. 

Real pilots knew better, or they died.....wannabe video game pilots often don't, but they keep coming back to die over and over again.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 05 May 2017 - 02:32 PM.

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Texthor #11 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

• 27662 battles

View Post_Warchylde_, on 05 May 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

You do realize, don't you, that historically, Russian ground attack planes, no matter who produced them, had armored steel plating added to them for extra protection.

The funny thing is, this is exactly what made them so slow and vulnerable, and one of the easiest targets in the war, and in the game as well, for that matter.

GAs are not invincible. For every awesome battle, there are several more that end in tears.  They are flying trucks, and handle like trucks.  GAs are easy to defeat, if you have any grasp of the game.

I'm an amateur aviation historian, and long ago, I learned to take historical facts, and real world physics, out of the equation when considering an arcade shooter video game.  Oh yeah.... IT'S AN EFFIN' GAME!!

Get over it already.

Don't tailgate, don't get bombed, limit your exposure to the tailgunner, and they die like any other plane.  It's a game, it has mechanics.  Learn the mechanics, play the game, and win.....or pout, stomp your​ feet, and repeat the same childish chant over and over......

Here's another "joke" for you....How "skilled" do you think you would be when you realize that sweet cannon on your light fighter only carried 30 rounds historically? Or had an unfortunate tendency to jam during hard maneuvering? or that your favorite fighter's engine had a nasty habit of choking out, during negative G maneuvers?

IT'S AN EFFIN' GAME!!!

For cryin' out loud, get over it......

there is armor, then there is comic book Superman armor......we have the latter.   don't let your BP get the best of you !!!!

Edited by Texthor, 05 May 2017 - 03:21 PM.

_Warchylde_ #12 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTexthor, on 05 May 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

there is armor, then there is comic book Superman armor......we have the later.   don't let your BP get the best of you !!!!

Seriously....this is what the game is....if you don't like the game, then don't play it.  If you don't play it, why keep coming to the forums to talk about how much of a joke the game is.....move along with your life dude.  It's too short to spend all your time whining on the forums, rather than playng the game, or playing with your dog, or fishing, or...well, you know....REAL LIFE?

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Texthor #13 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:36 PM

• 27662 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 May 2017 - 08:28 AM, said:

To noobs.

priceless  !!!!

Donby #14 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 495 battles
YOU JAMMY SOD!

Cdn_Avro #15 Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 36525 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Quite the feat Rock!

I don't care what Texthor says GA's are planes too.

Rockstone_ #16 Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:56 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21424 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostZapperguy, on 05 May 2017 - 03:14 AM, said:

Amazing feat, Rock! I've yet to accomplish it myself. I got 4 planes with one bomb back when bombs could hurt you, but haven't yet gotten 5 in a match with only bombs. Glad you made a video for him as proof.

:honoring:

High praise from the bomb master himself. :honoring:

Rockstone_ #17 Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 21424 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Nicely done Warchylde :honoring:

Zapperguy #18 Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33064 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostTexthor, on 05 May 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

Mighty Thor is a Golden Retriever.......you heathen.

You can see the AM3 disintegrate right below and ahead of the GA....yet no damage to the BSH !!!!  Bombs that kill  planes and Superman armor for GA is what makes this game a joke.......

That didn't used to happen, Tex. They have nerfed the bombs in this game mercilessly since beta due to people whining with statements like "It takes no skill..."

Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

:trollface:

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

It's total bullcrap is what it is. Show me a single incident in ww1 or ww2 where any plane was ever brought down by the enemy dropping a bomb on the ground in front of it while it was hundreds of feet in the air. It is a completely bullcrap mechanic to make up for the fact that this company cannot manage to make rear gunners actually worth a damn. It's bullcrap mechanics just like this that get people to bail on this game, and rightfully so. 

Rounne, your keen observational skills have failed you yet again. Watch the video in full screen, and if you can find it, look at the altimeter. He dropped the bombs at approx 21m (68.9 ft), and his victims were lower than him. That's not exactly the "hundreds of feet in the air" that you claim.

Speaking of bailing on the game, I thought you told us...

View PostRounne, on 03 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Right now I am so frustrated at learning to play the P38 that I uninstalled the game. And yet, my average stats in that plane are far better than yours are. Trust me in my first post, you really do not have any clue at all what you are talking about in this game. Everyone else can see this but you because you live in a protected world of low tier denial.

Please provide documented proof or we'll simply have to disregard your opinion as meaningless fodder spewed by a rage quitter.

You're such a positive force in this forum trolling someone's accomplishment. I did hear that the WoWS forum has room to let under a bridge. Hurry there, you'll feel right at home.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

BrushWolf #19 Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:15 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Warchylde, excellent video of Rockstones amazing flying, it does take skill.

Edited by BrushWolf, 05 May 2017 - 06:15 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Texthor #20 Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

• 27662 battles
Tex. They have nerfed the bombs in this game mercilessly since beta due to people whining with statements like "It takes no skill..."

Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

:trollface:

ya got me Zap......my whole campaign against the IL was so they would nerf the bombs and not harm the IL dropping them, only the 3 planes in the surrounding vicinity.   LOL

It takes NO skill........

Edited by Texthor, 05 May 2017 - 06:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users