Ki-81 Hayate "Frank" 47th Sentai. Desert camo rework.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3020 battles

Ki-84 Hayate "Frank", 47th Sentai 3rd Chutai, Narimasu Airfield, Tokyo Japan, 1945.

This is a rework of the default desert camouflage pattern for the Ki-84. I reworked the colors to more closely match those used on Ki-84 airframes built after the winter of 1944-45. I also added weathering and wear, especially in the areas where the pilot and ground crew would access the cockpit from. In addition I redid the yellow markings as well as the white defense of Tokyo bands, and added the blue-black anti-glare panel to the upper portion of the nose.

The individual markings are for a plane from the 47th Hiko-Sentai, 3rd Chutai, of which I have found a single black and white photo. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the colors of the plane in the photo, with some saying it is green and gray, others saying dark brown and gray, while others say it is green with dark brown mottling. I choose to go with the dark brown with light gray-blue underside, and leave the skin as a replacement for the default desert camo.

There are two variations of this skin, Default which uses the games nationality markings, and Custom with the Hinomaru's painted onto the skin instead.

You can download it at: Ki-84_47th_Sentai.zipIf you choose to use the Custom option you will need the files to remove the default Japanese markings found HERE.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

_Warchylde_ #2 Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9784 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Awesome work as usual Hawk.

Glad to see that RL has calmed down enough for you to get back to it.

May reach out to you soon about commissioning a custom skin for me... We'll see.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

BobozeeBear #3 Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23798 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Top drawer as usual Hawk, awesome

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

GhostPrime #4 Posted 03 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1455 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Another awesome Skin! Thank you so much for sharing this and all of your others, great work as usual! 

-The brown does look good. green would have been nice, possibly a little green tint to the brown color. I'm biased though. My favorite color is green. :D

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

FLAP_ALOT #5 Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Senior Airman

• 1807 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 03 May 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Another awesome Skin! Thank you so much for sharing this and all of your others, great work as usual!

-The brown does look good. green would have been nice, possibly a little green tint to the brown color. I'm biased though. My favorite color is green. :D

use to be my favourite colour,until I became a greenkeeper,fav colour now is brown,DEAD GRASS!

BCB77B #6 Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5782 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Very nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users