Jump to content


Best Battle practices - Contest


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #21 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:45 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9688 battles
  • 2,454
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Thank you for the competition Ghost, but I am going to decline this one. I had a game where I got 8 kills a day or two ago and I actually looked up on wikipedia the moves and tactics that I used so that I could talk about them in the video.

 

But when I realized that only 10 people were ever going to see the video (since only about 25 ever even visit the forum) I decided that it would be a waste of my time to make this outside of just making it for the competition. As well, so far it seems that everyone here doesn't know how to use a microphone and they think scrolling text is good video commentary. I guess everyone here is afraid to speak into a microphone unless it is on their clans teamspeak. Sad really that anyone would even submit a video for a contest about commentary and not actually provide any voice over work for it at all. So, I decline this competition because my work would never go beyond it and I would be competing with videos that I think should have already been disqualified anyway. 

 

So thanks for the competition. Maybe next time. The other entrants should be ashamed of such a pathetic grouping of work. Not a single voice over commentary so far explaining anything. This from apparently long time players of this game. Sad.

 

Some of us have real life issues with the spoken word. Not everyone who can write something intelligent, can clearly express themselves out loud, for a myriad of reasons.

Now if I could hire someone like Keith David or Morgan Freeman to narrate it for me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But being old, in poor health, and with problems speaking clearly, that sort of option is simply not for me.

You don't want to play nice with others, and submit a video?  Bless yer little troll heart.  You've had your say, so you can now go spread your vitriol elsewhere.

 

Or you can put your money where your fat mouth is, and show us all just how incredibly awesome you are.....

Your choice trollboy....put up or shut up.


There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"


Rounne #22 Posted 05 May 2017 - 03:37 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1078 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post_Warchylde_, on 05 May 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

 

Some of us have real life issues with the spoken word. Not everyone who can write something intelligent, can clearly express themselves out loud, for a myriad of reasons.

Now if I could hire someone like Keith David or Morgan Freeman to narrate it for me, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But being old, in poor health, and with problems speaking clearly, that sort of option is simply not for me.

You don't want to play nice with others, and submit a video?  Bless yer little troll heart.  You've had your say, so you can now go spread your vitriol elsewhere.

 

Or you can put your money where your fat mouth is, and show us all just how incredibly awesome you are.....

Your choice trollboy....put up or shut up.

 

Apparently not only can you not speak (for that I feel for you) but you really can't read either. I already just told you why I won't be submitting anything and you even quoted me on why. Yet still you tell me to make something better if I can? Read again what you even just quoted where I said I will not be submitting anything to this competition since not a single entry, not one, even bothered to do a voice commentary for it. 

Quesnel #23 Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 12789 battles
  • 4,905
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

As well, so far it seems that everyone here doesn't know how to use a microphone and they think scrolling text is good video commentary....

 

....The other entrants should be ashamed of such a pathetic grouping of work. Not a single voice over commentary so far explaining anything. This from apparently long time players of this game. Sad.

 

Speaking for myself, I don't like the sound of my own voice when I hear it played back, therefore, why would I think others might enjoy it?


GhostPrime #24 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • 1,607
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostQuesnel, on 05 May 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

 

Speaking for myself, I don't like the sound of my own voice when I hear it played back, therefore, why would I think others might enjoy it?

 

I don't either. I sound strange when I hear a recording of myself. Just write up a few points to go along with the video, audio is not important here, just the video with some tips. 

Speaking of, I don't see many entries. One suggestion for a video would be how to make effective rocket kills. These can be hard for many people. Some of you on here are very good at it. 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:29 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 May 2017 - 10:15 AM, said:

 

I don't either. I sound strange when I hear a recording of myself. Just write up a few points to go along with the video, audio is not important here, just the video with some tips. 

Speaking of, I don't see many entries. One suggestion for a video would be how to make effective rocket kills. These can be hard for many people. Some of you on here are very good at it. 

 

With all due respect, this type of contest takes a lot of work, its not a simple screen capture and post.  It also takes a lot of time considering you need to find the right battle to use, convert the replay file to video (sometimes several times for different angles) then pull it all together in editing software and uploading it to something like YouTube.  Then there is the write-up or voice over work.  A good serious submission would probably take someone 3-4 hours I would think.  It would take someone like me (not used to video editing) a lot longer.

 

The prizing doesn't seem to be equal to the amount of work involved.  Furhtermore, there is no description on how the prizing will work, will it be random draw? Or judged?  People don't want to put in all that work for a random draw.

 

I would suggest one of the following:

  • Give a reward to everyone that submits a qualifying video/walk through or
  • Come up with a fair way to judge the winners.
  • Either way, increase prizing... You gave away a T8 premium just for posting screen shots for shooting down 2 US and 2 Japanese planes.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 08 May 2017 - 06:22 PM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


GhostPrime #26 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:02 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • 1,607
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 08 May 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

 

With all due respect, this type of contest takes a lot of work, its not a simple screen capture and post.  It also takes a lot of time considering you need to find the right battle to use, convert the replay file to video (sometimes several times for different angles) then pull it all together in editing software and uploading it to something like YouTube.  Then there is the write-up or voice over work.  A good serious submission would probably take someone 3-4 hours I would think.  It would take someone like me (not used to video editing) a lot longer.

 

The prizing doesn't seem to be equal to the amount of work involved.  Furhtermore, there is no description on how the prizing will work, will it be random draw? Or judged?  People don't want to put in all that work for a random draw.

 

I would suggest one of the following:

  • Give a reward to everyone that submits a qualifying video/walk through or
  • Come up with a fair way to judge the winners.
  • Either way, increase prizing... You gave away a T8 premium just for posting screen shots for shooting down 2 US and 2 Japanese planes.

 

This is not a random draw. Entries will be judged on the quality of work, and the guide itself. The Prizing is updated.


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31906 battles
  • 6,463
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 May 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

 

This is not a random draw. Entries will be judged on the quality of work, and the guide itself. The Prizing is updated.

 

:great:

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Quesnel #28 Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 12789 battles
  • 4,905
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 08 May 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

 

I don't either. I sound strange when I hear a recording of myself. Just write up a few points to go along with the video, audio is not important here, just the video with some tips.

 

I embedded my comments as captions at the bottom of the screen, timed right before I performed the suggested actions. The best part of it, my talking points aren't specific to any given type or tiered aircraft. For example, I followed my own learned lessons and nearly mirrored the same performance and results from that Mustang H battle, with a very recent Kyushu J7W1 Shinden sortie (Click here to see what I am referring to).



Psicko23 #29 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:35 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18527 battles
  • 2,408
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Yeah, I wouldn't do voice over stuff. I sound weird in recorded voice compared to what I hear myself sound like. 

death2019 #30 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:29 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22176 battles
  • 561
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    10-14-2014

Not everyone is good at English. @GhostPrime

I am not sure everyone may understand my English, and I do not think I may clarify my points in English.

I may do it in Chinese and Korean, even Japanese, but not English.


Edited by death2019, 10 May 2017 - 05:33 AM.


GhostPrime #31 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:54 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • 1,607
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View Postdeath2019, on 09 May 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Not everyone is good at English. @GhostPrime

I am not sure everyone may understand my English, and I do not think I may clarify my points in English.

I may do it in Chinese and Korean, even Japanese, but not English.

 

Your points seem pretty clear to me! :) 

I would prefer that this be done in English, but as I stated above I'm not looking for voice, it could be text. that is up to you.



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Miilt #32 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:45 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 3115 battles
  • 9
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    11-29-2016

View Post_Warchylde_, on 01 May 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

 

"BSh-1 - The Hard Carry"  

 

 

 

Great Video. I always love when I see someone in an attack aircraft pull this off. Even when I'm on the losing end its still great to watch. You give good tips too. If I ever bring myself to play an attack aircraft, I'll know what to do :)

 

And I like you used the track "To Glory". Great song, its on my workout playlist :)



herunia1 #33 Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 7388 battles
  • 16
  • [J7W1] J7W1
  • Member since:
    01-26-2013

:)

:)



_Warchylde_ #34 Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9688 battles
  • 2,454
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014

View Postherunia1, on 14 May 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

:)

:)

 

Very nice video, very nice battle.  :honoring::medal:

One question, if I may.....do you use client-side prediction?  It appears that there is some lag time between you firing your weapons and the target taking damage.  This often indicates the use of CSP.


Edited by _Warchylde_, 14 May 2017 - 08:08 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"


herunia1 #35 Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:30 AM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 7388 battles
  • 16
  • [J7W1] J7W1
  • Member since:
    01-26-2013

View Post_Warchylde_, on 14 May 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

Very nice video, very nice battle.  :honoring::medal:

One question, if I may.....do you use client-side prediction?  It appears that there is some lag time between you firing your weapons and the target taking damage.  This often indicates the use of CSP.

 

Thanks for watching:)

Yes,I am using lient-side prediction. My average ping is 220:sceptic:



_Warchylde_ #36 Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:35 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9688 battles
  • 2,454
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014

View Postherunia1, on 14 May 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

Yes,I am using client-side prediction. My average ping is 220:sceptic:

 

ouch.....

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"


Miilt #37 Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:58 AM

    Airman Basic

  • Member
  • 3115 battles
  • 9
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    11-29-2016

 

Here's a fun victory I had. I especially love when I am just flying around taking hits and not giving a care about it. 

 

Miilt



_Warchylde_ #38 Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:39 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9688 battles
  • 2,454
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014

Stay on target......

Priceless!   +1 Bro   :medal::great: :honoring:


Edited by _Warchylde_, 15 May 2017 - 03:33 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"


GhostPrime #39 Posted 15 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • 1,607
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

I'm going to extend this contest until Wednesday, May 17th at 12:00pm PT 

 

This way whoever is still working on their entry will be able to complete it. 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


TeamTerrible #40 Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 44598 battles
  • 1,753
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 15 May 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

I'm going to extend this contest until Wednesday, May 17th at 12:00pm PT 

 

This way whoever is still working on their entry will be able to complete it. 

 

whew....I can make more edits now, lol

 

 

         





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users