Jump to content


Best Battle practices - Contest


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1455 battles
  • 1,621
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

Hello Pilots!

For this contest, we would like you to drop some knowledge on us! Please submit your best battle video and a short guide about why the battle was a great one, and tell us how you did it! 

  • What aerial maneuvers did you employ to become victorious?
  • Any tips and tactics for others when trying the same maneuvers, or tricks.
  • Advice on plane type and tier seen in your video submission.  

Please send us a video of your battle and compete for your chance to be featured on our Facebook page! 

 

Start Date: May 1st

End date and time: May 15th 17th @ 12:00pm PT

 

Prizes: 

1st Place: La-9RD 300 Gold and  7 days of Premium Time.

2nd Place: CA-12 Boomerang and 5 days of Premium Time.

3rd Place: 5 Days of Premium Time.

4th Place: 3 Days of Premium Time.

 

Rules:

  • Battles must be in a youtube format.
    • If you choose to add a soundtrack/images to your video, please make sure that it is appropriate for the audience (forum rules still apply!)
  • One entry per person.
    • You can still get help from other players to help convert your replays into the proper format but you must be able to submit your own entry within the contest deadline!
  • MUST include the commentary/battle guide. 
    • Combat tips can be in the form of commentary or written in the post alongside the video.
  • Must be the most current version of World of Warplanes!
  • MUST be made exclusively for this contest 

Edited by GhostPrime, 15 May 2017 - 06:58 PM.


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


EspressoForHammy #2 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4995 battles
  • 4,383
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32008 battles
  • 6,484
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Awesome! :great:

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


_Warchylde_ #4 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9758 battles
  • 2,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014

At Ghost Prime's request, I have created an entirely new video, exclusively for this contest, from one of this morning's battles.

 

Newer pilots almost always ask: "What's a good low tier premium plane for grinding credits?"

My answer has always been, the BSh-1.  

It's relatively inexpensive to get your hands on ($7.99 USD, or 1100 gold), and this Tier 3 premium, when flown properly, can easily earn 20k - 30k credits per battle.  

With a little luck, you can earn upwards of 40k in a single match.

This is one of the weakest attackers in the game, with puny guns, and probably the singular worst maneuverability rating of any plane in the game.  

The guns, however, take forever to overheat, so unlike most attackers, having a weapons cooling consumable is unnecessary.

Furthermore, the BSh-1 has pretty good speed for its tier, and carries a total of eight (8)  50 kg (110 lb) bombs, which makes up for a lot.

They easily take out high-value targets, and there are enough of them so that you can save a couple for discouraging those pesky fighters on your tail.

 

You may notice that I have Marina Litvyakova in the cockpit.  Her "Femme Fatale" skill will burn up those low-tier targets like nobody's business, and her "Supernova" skill makes those bomb blasts just a little bit bigger, as the two enemy F2Fs in this video had the misfortune of discovering the hard way.

 

This plane was tailor made to manage supremacy, which is the primary focus of this video...killing planes with guns and bombs is cool, but it's resetting the supremacy counter that wins this battle.

The video begins with a little historical background for the BSh-1, and ends with an epic come from behind victory, a battle that was won with attitude, and supremacy clock management.

 

I hope you enjoy both the video, and flying this nifty little credit printer.

 

"BSh-1 - The Hard Carry"  

 

 


Edited by _Warchylde_, 05 May 2017 - 04:57 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"


GhostPrime #5 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1455 battles
  • 1,621
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013
Thanks for the early entry! I would prefer if the video was made exclusively for this contest! 


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


PhoinexFire #6 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8595 battles
  • 298
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    12-05-2013

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 01 May 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

​Absolutely amazing!

Psicko23 #7 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18528 battles
  • 2,420
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
Ghost Prime, is this a cover so that you guys at wargaming will learn more stuff and get better so you don't get hammered as hard next time you host matches in the training room?:D

TeamTerrible #8 Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 44624 battles
  • 1,757
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 01 May 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

 

Now see, Hammy knows how to take advantage of some of the game's more serious flaws

 

Here you can plop out any video and still have a chance to win 

 

Why bother with low tier stat padding and other in-game broken meta???

 

Hammy is taking home the gold for his expose'  :izmena:


 

 

         


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #9 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 19953 battles
  • 1,569
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostTeamTerrible, on 01 May 2017 - 02:46 PM, said:

 

Now see, Hammy knows how to take advantage of some of the game's more serious flaws

 

Here you can plop out any video and still have a chance to win 

 

Why bother with low tier stat padding and other in-game broken meta???

 

Hammy is taking home the gold for his expose'  :izmena:

 

Hammy expose'...es himself and his potato at the mere mention of self gratifying boudoir photography

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Quesnel #10 Posted 01 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 12790 battles
  • 4,907
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Less than an hour old (from the time of this posting), here is my attempt.



GhostPrime #11 Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1455 battles
  • 1,621
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostPsicko23, on 01 May 2017 - 11:41 AM, said:

Ghost Prime, is this a cover so that you guys at wargaming will learn more stuff and get better so you don't get hammered as hard next time you host matches in the training room?:D

 

Possibly... :hiding:

 

The idea of this contest is not only to showcase your battle prowess, but put some dialogue behind it for others to learn and grow their own skill at the game. This helps our long time players, and newer players. 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


EspressoForHammy #12 Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4995 battles
  • 4,383
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 01 May 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Possibly... :hiding:

 

The idea of this contest is not only to showcase your battle prowess, but put some dialogue behind it for others to learn and grow their own skill at the game. This helps our long time players, and newer players. 

 

I prowessed the crap outta that battle in the J7. Just saying.


"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


Raxor_64 #13 Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:15 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8589 battles
  • 36
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

My efforts in which i turned defeat into victory


Edited by Raxor_64, 02 May 2017 - 07:28 AM.


Bobby_Tables #14 Posted 03 May 2017 - 01:02 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 23395 battles
  • 516
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

I will try to get something up.  But some of the "moves" I make are maybe known maneuvers, it's just that:

 



Raxor_64 #15 Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8589 battles
  • 36
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

View PostBobby_Tables, on 03 May 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

I will try to get something up.  But some of the "moves" I make are maybe known maneuvers, it's just that:

 

 

:teethhappy:

GhostPrime #16 Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:05 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1455 battles
  • 1,621
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostRaxor_64, on 01 May 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

 

My efforts in which i turned defeat into victory

 

Thank you for the entry, ​Do you have any commentary to add to this?


Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


Raxor_64 #17 Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 8589 battles
  • 36
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016

View PostGhostPrime, on 04 May 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

 

Thank you for the entry, ​Do you have any commentary to add to this?

 

Subtitles added

Edited by Raxor_64, 04 May 2017 - 10:08 AM.


_Warchylde_ #18 Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:29 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 9758 battles
  • 2,481
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    07-15-2014
Come on guys, I know there are a lot of you out there who can do this....give  me a run for the money, hey??

Edited by _Warchylde_, 05 May 2017 - 06:30 AM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"


Rounne #19 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:16 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1078 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Thank you for the competition Ghost, but I am going to decline this one. I had a game where I got 8 kills a day or two ago and I actually looked up on wikipedia the moves and tactics that I used so that I could talk about them in the video.

 

But when I realized that only 10 people were ever going to see the video (since only about 25 ever even visit the forum) I decided that it would be a waste of my time to make this outside of just making it for the competition. As well, so far it seems that everyone here doesn't know how to use a microphone and they think scrolling text is good video commentary. I guess everyone here is afraid to speak into a microphone unless it is on their clans teamspeak. Sad really that anyone would even submit a video for a contest about commentary and not actually provide any voice over work for it at all. So, I decline this competition because my work would never go beyond it and I would be competing with videos that I think should have already been disqualified anyway. 

 

So thanks for the competition. Maybe next time. The other entrants should be ashamed of such a pathetic grouping of work. Not a single voice over commentary so far explaining anything. This from apparently long time players of this game. Sad.



MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:19 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32008 battles
  • 6,484
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRounne, on 05 May 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Thank you for the competition Ghost, but I am going to decline this one. I had a game where I got 8 kills a day or two ago and I actually looked up on wikipedia the moves and tactics that I used so that I could talk about them in the video.

 

But when I realized that only 10 people were ever going to see the video (since only about 25 ever even visit the forum) I decided that it would be a waste of my time to make this outside of just making it for the competition. As well, so far it seems that everyone here doesn't know how to use a microphone and they think scrolling text is good video commentary. I guess everyone here is afraid to speak into a microphone unless it is on their clans teamspeak. Sad really that anyone would even submit a video for a contest about commentary and not actually provide any voice over work for it at all. So, I decline this competition because my work would never go beyond it and I would be competing with videos that I think should have already been disqualified anyway. 

 

So thanks for the competition. Maybe next time. The other entrants should be ashamed of such a pathetic grouping of work. Not a single voice over commentary so far explaining anything. This from apparently long time players of this game. Sad.

 

Didn't you say you un-installed?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.





21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users