New Launcher for WOWP

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

DeathLord1969 #21 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1058 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 30 April 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

WoT actually did the bulk of the beta testing for the new launcher.

But WoWP has the first live mandatory version.

In the next few days/weeks all of the clients will be in the same boat as planes.

It was released the same day for both wowp & wows. But it's been out for beta testers for upwards of a year now.

Lethalhavoc #22 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostPastulio, on 30 April 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

i UNINSTALLED wowp, Because my computer simply will not update the launcher tried everything on forums still nothing, so I uninstalled it..Now I can even install it, took out fire wall updated everything, took out defender, antivirus, gave it administrative right nothing..I wish I had never spent money on this game, now I lost it for ever and WG wont help us few that play WOWP...Im going to miss my planes  :(

\

Maybe i can help you with that.

The new launcher loads up but doesn't update? Is that correct?

Are you running Windows 10? if so, right click the launcher >> select properties >> then click the compatibility tab >> click the "run this program box" and select Windows 7.

If you're not running Windows 10 or if it's still not working, on the left hand side, you'll see a gear icon, click that and then un-check launch game center when you start your computer and hit save.

Then click the updates tab, and un-check both options and save.

Then click the connections tab and try port 6881.

Lethalhavoc #23 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostDeathLord1969, on 30 April 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

It was released the same day for both wowp & wows. But it's been out for beta testers for upwards of a year now.

Ah okay, i don't play ships at all, i find it way too slow of a game style.

Chuck_norris10 #24 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostDeathLord1969, on 30 April 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

I tried d.loading it awhile ago to test it and it wouldn't.

I finally managed to get it installed but have not tested to see if the stuttering is still going on for me.

I think it may have had something to do with me changing up and download speeds on the launcher but that should only be for updates,not the game right?

Also last night I did shut it off while playing and a few times it came back on it's own.

DeathLord1969 #25 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1058 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 April 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I tried d.loading it awhile ago to test it and it wouldn't.

I finally managed to get it installed but have not tested to see if the stuttering is still going on for me.

I think it may have had something to do with me changing up and download speeds on the launcher but that should only be for updates,not the game right?

Also last night I did shut it off while playing and a few times it came back on it's own.

I had been using it since they first mentioned it almost a year ago it seems. I personally have not had any issues on windows 10.

I even did 2 fresh installs to see if I get the same results that others have and still no issues.

So I am at a loss as to why some ppl on win10 need to run compatibility, disable AV & run it as admin while others don't on the same OS.

Chuck_norris10 #26 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostDeathLord1969, on 30 April 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

I had been using it since they first mentioned it almost a year ago it seems. I personally have not had any issues on windows 10.

I even did 2 fresh installs to see if I get the same results that others have and still no issues.

So I am at a loss as to why some ppl on win10 need to run compatibility, disable AV & run it as admin while others don't on the same OS.

I'm running win7 but I still had a lot of problems getting it to install.Most of the workarounds posted have helped most get on the right track.

United airlines-we made a huge PR blunder.

WG-hold my beer.

Chuck_norris10 #27 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

So I tried a few more games,first two the planes were jumping all over and that could be the high ping which has jumped or spiked to over 100 since the patch.The second match with an ilt2 it never even loaded and disconnected me twice.Stuck on the loading screen and you have to cntrl/alt/delete to get off it.

Could this new launcher be robbing the server of our connection speed? 

Just curious because the ping is getting crazy,last match I saw 117 and a speed test showed it wasn't on my end.

I think this is causing a lot of the problems im experiencing.

Psicko23 #28 Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:48 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Chuck, if you do a speed test, it usually connects to the closest server to you, so the ping will show lower. If you select the speed test closest to the warplanes server, then the ping will show how far off the ping on warplanes would be.

Toggle #29 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 22753 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDrSinister, on 30 April 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

The new launcher is fine, I have had it for a while now.  I prefer it instead of having to open 3 different individual launchers just to see if the game needs an update.

Many publishers are going or already uses launchers, Blizzard, My.com, Ubisoft, EA/Origin, to name a few.  

I understand why they came out with the launcher.  The problem I run into is now, when the game crashes, I can't log back in.  The button on the launcher is unselectable.  I used to be able to restart the game but now I have to restart my computer.  By the time that is accomplished and I'm back into the battle, my plane is a smoldering hulk lying the dirt deep in enemy territory.

So, before they come out with new crap that doesn't really matter, the focus should be the actual problems that have existed for years now.

Lethalhavoc #30 Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 April 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

So I tried a few more games,first two the planes were jumping all over and that could be the high ping which has jumped or spiked to over 100 since the patch.The second match with an ilt2 it never even loaded and disconnected me twice.Stuck on the loading screen and you have to cntrl/alt/delete to get off it.

Could this new launcher be robbing the server of our connection speed? 

Just curious because the ping is getting crazy,last match I saw 117 and a speed test showed it wasn't on my end.

I think this is causing a lot of the problems im experiencing.

Chuck try closing off the new launcher in your task bar (right click it and select end/close).

Then right click either your WoWP patcher or the new game launcher, select open file location.

From there just look for the WoWP app and double click it.

Doing that will bypass the new launcher completely, and if you still have bad lag/chop then the issue is not with the new launcher and is else where.

View PostToggle, on 01 May 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

I understand why they came out with the launcher.  The problem I run into is now, when the game crashes, I can't log back in.  The button on the launcher is unselectable.  I used to be able to restart the game but now I have to restart my computer.  By the time that is accomplished and I'm back into the battle, my plane is a smoldering hulk lying the dirt deep in enemy territory.

So, before they come out with new crap that doesn't really matter, the focus should be the actual problems that have existed for years now.

Same as above, but instead of always launching planes from the WoWP app, just make a short cut copy to your desktop.

Then if you crash out, you can just reboot the game from that and make it back into battle quickly.

Toggle #31 Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 22753 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLethalhavoc, on 01 May 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Chuck try closing off the new launcher in your task bar (right click it and select end/close).

Then right click either your WoWP patcher or the new game launcher, select open file location.

From there just look for the WoWP app and double click it.

Doing that will bypass the new launcher completely, and if you still have bad lag/chop then the issue is not with the new launcher and is else where.

Same as above, but instead of always launching planes from the WoWP app, just make a short cut copy to your desktop.

Then if you crash out, you can just reboot the game from that and make it back into battle quickly.

Thanks Lethalhavoc.  I stopped it from launching at startup and made a shortcut from the executable in the game folder.  It works great. 

The_Last_Frontier #32 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 April 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Unfortunately it is mandatory now.

You need it to start the game.

If this is the case then uninstall WOWP's I go as I refuse to be forced into this new launcher!

The_Last_Frontier #33 Posted 01 May 2017 - 06:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

View Postgerr22, on 30 April 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

calm down apparently you can stop these downloads at the launcher page left side ; settings updates un check the two boxes you should be good to go

I don't want to stop the updates as these are needed when new content comes out! What I want is to not be forced to use this stupid new launcher. If it's going to be a forced issue I can go find other games to play from other companies!

Lethalhavoc #34 Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostToggle, on 01 May 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

Thanks Lethalhavoc.  I stopped it from launching at startup and made a shortcut from the executable in the game folder.  It works great. 

Np, i'm glad to help!

Pogo68 #35 Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I installed the launcher when it came out.

Now I can't even launch the launcher

All I get is "Wargaming.net Game Center Cannot recover from an error. Please Reinstall the application from the support center"

Tried deleting and reinstalling the Game Center, and I got "Wargaming.net Game Center Cannot recover from an error. Please Reinstall the application from the support center".

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Chuck_norris10 #36 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostPogo68, on 20 May 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

I installed the launcher when it came out.

Now I can't even launch the launcher

All I get is "Wargaming.net Game Center Cannot recover from an error. Please Reinstall the application from the support center"

Tried deleting and reinstalling the Game Center, and I got "Wargaming.net Game Center Cannot recover from an error. Please Reinstall the application from the support center".

Good luck buddy!

I was told it was my computer and then my internet even though the game played fine last time I left home for work before the launcher fiasco and went for crap when I got home and tried playing 3 weeks later.

Over 20,000 battles now I cant even keep the game running long enough to get into a battle and I did everything including a fresh install of the game.

Pretty frustrating.

Ready to call it a day here.

GhostPrime #37 Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:23 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostChuck_norris10, on 20 May 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

Good luck buddy!

I was told it was my computer and then my internet even though the game played fine last time I left home for work before the launcher fiasco and went for crap when I got home and tried playing 3 weeks later.

Over 20,000 battles now I cant even keep the game running long enough to get into a battle and I did everything including a fresh install of the game.

Pretty frustrating.

Ready to call it a day here.

Where were you told that? What is your ticket number? I couldn't find your ticket in the system. I may be able to help you out with this. Let me know what i can do. Same for you Pogo!

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Pogo68 #38 Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostGhostPrime, on 23 May 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Where were you told that? What is your ticket number? I couldn't find your ticket in the system. I may be able to help you out with this. Let me know what i can do. Same for you Pogo!

Ticket #1049051

Oddly they are quoting the specs for World of Warplanes when the error is in the Game Center that I'm trying to resolve.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

GhostPrime #39 Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostPogo68, on 23 May 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Ticket #1049051

Oddly they are quoting the specs for World of Warplanes when the error is in the Game Center that I'm trying to resolve.

You should be getting a reply to your issue soon. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

RedSpartacus #40 Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
With the new launcher installed I frequently get notice that the internet connection failed while updating games. To resolve this I need to restart the game launcher then everything works smoothly. I have the hunch that the internet connection didn't fail because all other applications showed no problems. Anyone else seeing the same ?
  RUN WITH THE PACK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users