New Launcher for WOWP

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #41 Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
You can find the WGC log files in your "C:\ProgramData\Wargaming.net\GameCenter" folder. The ones starting with "wgc_" are the logs you are looking for. It shouldn't be losing connection. Are you on wired, or wireless? 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

RedSpartacus #42 Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
I'm wired. Taking a look at the logs, thanks.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

GhostPrime #43 Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:42 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

If you have any trouble please shoot me a pm. 

Find us on Facebook!

Pogo68 #44 Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostGhostPrime, on 24 May 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

You should be getting a reply to your issue soon. 

Got it.

Still working through problems

I tried a clean install on a newly restored Win 7 Machine

I installed the Game Center, and used that to download and install World of Warplanes, World of Warships and World of Tanks

After 3 days of downloading and installing I tried launching the games via game center and got this

When I use the game center to launch World of Tanks v 9.18.0.503

I get,

Entry point not found
WorldofTanks.exe entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

When trying to launch World of Warplanes I get this error window

World of Warplanes 1.9.9.305296
Unable to set display mode

In World of Warships
Critical Error has occurred
PFS Can't init pack info manager C:/Program Files 2/Wargaming.net/World_of_Warships_NA/res_packages

System Info Windows 7
OS Version 6.6 SP1
OS Architecture x86.64

Memory 168400kb/4194176kb (5%)
Global Physical Memory (1521128Kb/6225192Kb (24%)
Global commitable memory 1577012Kb/12448524Kb (13)

Must admit, very impressed with the 100% failure rate.

Should I try installing the programs file by file?

*Sorry for the sarcasm, running out of patience with the current state of the entire Wargaming.net*

I think I'm a fairly patient fellow, considering that I've been playing the game/s for over 3 years, longer if you count World of Tanks.

Heck I started playing it in Windows XP and even found work arounds to allow me to continue to play in XP.

But now even when i install it under 3 different OS's in 3 different computers, it still can't even launch?

When I go to the support pages, their initial reaction is to tell me to buy a new computer.

I've tried installing it under now 3 different OS, Windows XP, Windows 7 and a friend's Windows 10 machine.

All failed, in XP the game center will not even install.

In 7 and 10, the game center can't find elements of the games to launch.

Edited by Pogo68, 27 May 2017 - 06:39 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Chuck_norris10 #45 Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostPogo68, on 26 May 2017 - 11:27 PM, said:

Got it.

Still working through problems

I tried a clean install on a newly restored Win 7 Machine

I installed the Game Center, and used that to download and install World of Warplanes, World of Warships and World of Tanks

After 3 days of downloading and installing I tried launching the games via game center and got this

When I use the game center to launch World of Tanks v 9.18.0.503

I get,

Entry point not found
WorldofTanks.exe entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll

When trying to launch World of Warplanes I get this error window

World of Warplanes 1.9.9.305296

In World of Warships
Critical Error has occurred
PFS Can't init pack info manager C:/Program Files 2/Wargaming.net/World_of_Warships_NA/res_packages

System Info Windows 7
OS Version 6.6 SP1
OS Architecture x86.64

Memory 168400kb/4194176kb (5%)
Global Physical Memory (1521128Kb/6225192Kb (24%)
Global commitable memory 1577012Kb/12448524Kb (13)

Must admit, very impressed with the 100% failure rate.

Should I try installing the programs file by file?

*Sorry for the sarcasm, running out of patience with the current state of the entire Wargaming.net*

I think I'm a fairly patient fellow, considering that I've been playing the game/s for over 3 years, longer if you count World of Tanks.

Heck I started playing it in Windows XP and even found work arounds to allow me to continue to play in XP.

But now even when i install it under 3 different OS's in 3 different computers, it still can't even launch?

When I go to the support pages, their initial reaction is to tell me to buy a new computer.

I've tried installing it under now 3 different OS, Windows XP, Windows 7 and a friend's Windows 10 machine.

All failed, in XP the game center will not even install.

In 7 and 10, the game center can't find elements of the games to launch.

Exactly! 

I'm leaning towards this. I feel it has something to do with it as I am running out of options and I have went from a steady below ping of 30 to a whopping 450 in one of the 3 matches I tried to play last night. I'm also running WIN 7 by choice and had it installed on my gamer build just because it is very stable.Good to know others are having the exact same problems I am because I'm not exactly tech stupid but am losing patience with some of the advice I get.

Block Quote

Pogo68 #46 Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Still working on this issue.

I've got War Thunder up and running on the Win 7 machine with Dx 11.

Falcon 4 is running now, Red Falcon also with some editing required.

It's Sunday here, Re downloading and installing WoWP, it should complete the download some time late Monday or early Tuesday.

Edit.

Installation program keeps stopping every three hours, ( I have the computer set to never go to sleep), and I have to restart it.

This is going to take longer it seems.

Trying to download the client via alternate means are failing

The direct download fails after downloading  3.1GB

The Torrent fails and stops at 89% with 5.72GB downloaded

Edited by Pogo68, 29 May 2017 - 09:31 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

xxWINDxx #47 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:30 PM

Airman Basic

• 423 battles

I installed the launcher but I still cannot start the game in this mode. It kept saying that it is unable to locate the game files. Re-installed several times and still not good to go. Like Pastulio...I had spent good money on this game. Help???

RedSpartacus #48 Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Search for files starting with "wgc_", these are log files using Windows explorer. I could find my log files in a different folder than GhostPrime mentioned and send them to support. Meanwhile you can read them and try to figure out what's going wrong. Maybe you get the path where the launcher is looking for the game from the logs ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

GhostPrime #49 Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostxxWINDxx, on 31 May 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

I installed the launcher but I still cannot start the game in this mode. It kept saying that it is unable to locate the game files. Re-installed several times and still not good to go. Like Pastulio...I had spent good money on this game. Help???

You should be able to add the install path of the game directory manually in WGC. Click "All Games" and "import installed games", then press "Select folder". locate your world of warplanes folder, and it should add the game. If that does not work, Please do send log files to support. 

Find us on Facebook!

RedSpartacus #50 Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Game crashed due to outdated graphics driver. Looking at the task manager there was no warplanes.exe running, just the launcher. I couldn't restart the game because the launcher showed "game is running". I then restarted the computer and the launcher still showed "game is running". Then I stopped the launcher and started the game by activating the warplanes.exe manually, after that I started the game launcher again. This helped to get this "out of sync" problem solved.

RUN WITH THE PACK

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users