New Launcher for WOWP

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

The_Last_Frontier #1 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:39 AM

Airman Basic

• 59 battles

Stop trying to force people to install this new launcher. I don't need it to run the game and the game is constantly trying to force an update that installs it!

If it continues I will simply uninstall WOWP!

Every time I boot up or time expires it tries to force the install!

gerr22 #2 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13969 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
calm down apparently you can stop these downloads at the launcher page left side ; settings updates un check the two boxes you should be good to go

Lethalhavoc #3 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2965 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Yeah on the setting (left hand side of the launcher) you can disable all that stuff.

But it still runs in the background unless you close it from your task bar.

I'm really not a fan of having to do that every time i decide to log in.

gerr22 #4 Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13969 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
cool did not know that thanks Lethal

LBAEZ #5 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15353 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Yes not crazydeco about the new launchEra I still don't know my way around. How do you get to the search  for a player or hall of fame

DrSinister #6 Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4769 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The new launcher is fine, I have had it for a while now.  I prefer it instead of having to open 3 different individual launchers just to see if the game needs an update.

Many publishers are going or already uses launchers, Blizzard, My.com, Ubisoft, EA/Origin, to name a few.  

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20796 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostLethalhavoc, on 29 April 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Yeah on the setting (left hand side of the launcher) you can disable all that stuff.

But it still runs in the background unless you close it from your task bar.

I'm really not a fan of having to do that every time i decide to log in.

I did all that and still get the game stuttering all the time now. and my internet speed is fine.

They obviously didn't test this much as it will not work with razer cortex either which I tried installing a dozen times to see if it would stop the stuttering and it throws a driver update code even though they are all up to date.

So it's pretty well unplayable for me now,wasted all last night and a lot of yesterday trying to fix it to no avail.

There's still a lot of folks who dont post on the forums but cant even log on now since this new launcher.

So they just lost another paying customer.

And a few on ships too by the looks of it.http://forum.worldof...st__140#topmost

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 30 April 2017 - 01:37 PM.

Johnny_Cyclone #8 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Senior Airman

• 2117 battles

I tried to log into WOWP  today, but it says I have to install this Game Center application to play. 

I found no way to get into WOWP as the (PLAY) button is an (INSTALL) Game Center button.

I don't want a Game Center. So essentially I can't play World of Warplanes anymore? Is this correct?

Why does it keep popping up trying to get me to install it everyday?  Man o' man that's annoying. I mean... I should be able to click (No Thanks) and continue as I have for years shouldn't I?

Edited by Johnny_Cyclone, 30 April 2017 - 02:30 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #9 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20796 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 30 April 2017 - 07:30 AM, said:

I tried to log into WOWP  today, but it says I have to install this Game Center application to play. 

I found no way to get into WOWP as the (PLAY) button is an (INSTALL) Game Center button.

I don't want a Game Center. So essentially I can't play World of Warplanes anymore? Is this correct?

Why does it keep popping up trying to get me to install it everyday?  Man o' man that's annoying. I mean... I should be able to click (No Thanks) and continue as I have for years shouldn't I?

Unfortunately it is mandatory now.

You need it to start the game.

Zapperguy #10 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32630 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 30 April 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

See this post and mine following it. http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/49082-game-center-now-mandatory/page__st__20__pid__682097#entry682097

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Lethalhavoc #11 Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2965 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 April 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

I did all that and still get the game stuttering all the time now. and my internet speed is fine.

They obviously didn't test this much as it will not work with razer cortex either which I tried installing a dozen times to see if it would stop the stuttering and it throws a driver update code even though they are all up to date.

So it's pretty well unplayable for me now,wasted all last night and a lot of yesterday trying to fix it to no avail.

There's still a lot of folks who dont post on the forums but cant even log on now since this new launcher.

So they just lost another paying customer.

And a few on ships too by the looks of it.http://forum.worldof...st__140#topmost

Have you tried bypassing the launcher by running WoWP directly from the .exe?

You only need the launcher to update the game client. After that tho, you can just run it from the wowp.exe and bypass it completely.

Then you don't have to have the launcher always running in the background.

Posted Image

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 30 April 2017 - 03:52 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20796 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostLethalhavoc, on 30 April 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Have you tried bypassing the launcher by running WoWP directly from the .exe?

You only need the launcher to update the game client. After that tho, you can just run it from the wowp.exe and bypass it completely.

Then you don't have to have the launcher always running in the background.

Posted Image

Thanks,I'll give that a try after I try a couple other things. I did the diagnostic and repair thing it had so will see what happens.

Lethalhavoc #13 Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2965 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 April 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Thanks,I'll give that a try after I try a couple other things. I did the diagnostic and repair thing it had so will see what happens.

Make sure the launcher isn't running in your task bar too. If it is, just right click it and close it out.

Even if you're in-game it doesn't need to be running in the background.

To me, the new launcher is just as annoying as Windows 10 is.

So much junk that you just don't need or want.

Johnny_Cyclone #14 Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:22 PM

Senior Airman

• 2117 battles

Oh the heck with it. I'll Warplane some other time when they have it all  lined out.

Zapperguy thanks for the link though.

I only get a few hours to goof about on the weekends, and there's other stuff to play without going into files and stuff.

Us really old guys hate that crap..lol

Later,

Lethalhavoc #15 Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2965 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 30 April 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Oh the heck with it. I'll Warplane some other time when they have it all  lined out.

Zapperguy thanks for the link though.

I only get a few hours to goof about on the weekends, and there's other stuff to play without going into files and stuff.

Us really old guys hate that crap..lol

Later,

You need the game center to update the clients now.

It acts as a universal updater for all the clients and there's just no way around installing it. 

But once you have it installed, and un-check all of the default settings, it's very easy to bypass.

Then you only need to run it, when there is an update/patch.

Johnny_Cyclone #16 Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:31 PM

Senior Airman

• 2117 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on 30 April 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

You need the game center to update the clients now.

It acts as a universal updater for all the clients and there's just no way around installing it. 

But once you have it installed, and un-check all of the default settings, it's very easy to bypass.

Then you only need to run it, when there is an update/patch.

But I log into World of Tanks and World of Warships without a Game Center?

Lethalhavoc #17 Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2965 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 30 April 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

But I log into World of Tanks and World of Warships without a Game Center?

Yes, but not for much longer.

Johnny_Cyclone #18 Posted 30 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 2117 battles

So Warplanes is Game Center Beta Test? probably due to small population that may get annoyed if it glitches, then once the bugs are worked out and it's Solid State they will release for the other two?

I'll wait till it's load and play, rather than load, click this , delete that, put this line of code here, etc. 

I'm not giving up on Warplanes I just don't want to deal with what others are complaining about.. lol.

Like right now, I'm checking in between rounds of Warships. So there are options till it's worked out :playing:

Anyway, it's game logoff time, funs over. Now it's back to household duties.

Again thanks everyone.

Ps. ok I'm playing one more round in a ship I forgot, then its back to household duties.. 

Edited by Johnny_Cyclone, 30 April 2017 - 06:01 PM.

Lethalhavoc #19 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2965 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 30 April 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

So Warplanes is Game Center Beta Test? probably due to small population that may get annoyed if it glitches, then once the bugs are worked out and it's Solid State they will release for the other two?

I'll wait till it's load and play, rather than load, click this , delete that, put this line of code here, etc. 

I'm not giving up on Warplanes I just don't want to deal with what others are complaining about.. lol.

Like right now, I'm checking in between rounds of Warships. So there are options till it's worked out :playing:

Anyway, it's game logoff time, funs over. Now it's back to household duties.

Again thanks everyone.

Ps. ok I'm playing one more round in a ship I forgot, then its back to household duties.. 

WoT actually did the bulk of the beta testing for the new launcher.

But WoWP has the first live mandatory version.

In the next few days/weeks all of the clients will be in the same boat as planes.

Pastulio #20 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

Airman Basic

• 10160 battles

i UNINSTALLED wowp, Because my computer simply will not update the launcher tried everything on forums still nothing, so I uninstalled it..Now I can even install it, took out fire wall updated everything, took out defender, antivirus, gave it administrative right nothing..I wish I had never spent money on this game, now I lost it for ever and WG wont help us few that play WOWP...Im going to miss my planes  :(

\

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users