Most OP Tactic - The Taunt Kill

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Rounne #1 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Taunting your enemy into typing to throw off their game is a great strategy at the beginning of the map. Never discount the value of being able to send messages to the enemy team just before battle. You should be sending false info, taunts, or intimidation to the enemy always at the start of battle. Once battle begins though, put your game face on, make a tentative plan, focus on the win, and then don't focus on conversing with the enemy team.

So, all of this friendly , Hi, stuff you can toss that out right now. It never helps you to play the part of the benign, weak, and casual player. Instead, make every message to the enemy team in game serve a purpose to throw off the enemies game. People do this all the time in other competitive sports and events. Why do they do this? They do this because psychological warfare should be a part of every single match you are in.

Edited by Rounne, 29 April 2017 - 09:14 PM.

pyantoryng #2 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12359 battles

How many *people* do you think there are in one Planes match?

You know what? Most players around this part can type without using chat windows, so it's for the most part moot.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rounne #3 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Postpyantoryng, on 29 April 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

You know what? Most players around this part can type without using chat windows, so it's for the most part moot.

? Chat without typing?

20thCenturyLtd #4 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Wow....just wow.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

Zapperguy #5 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34081 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRounne, on 29 April 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Taunting your enemy into typing to throw off their game is a great strategy at the beginning of the map. Never discount the value of being able to send messages to the enemy team just before battle. You should be sending false info, taunts, or intimidation to the enemy always at the start of battle. Once battle begins though, put your game face on, make a tentative plan, focus on the win, and then don't focus on conversing with the enemy team.

So, all of this friendly , Hi, stuff you can toss that out right now. It never helps you to play the part of the benign, weak, and casual player. Instead, make every message to the enemy team in game serve a purpose to throw off the enemies game. People do this all the time in other competitive sports and events. Why do they do this? They do this because psychological warfare should be a part of every single match you are in.

I've been playing with some of these folks for 5 years. It's your "I've been back a few days, know-it-all, attitude" that can get tossed. I'll say "Hi", crack wise, or communicate any way I see fit with my friends, but thanks for your oh so valuable suggestion.

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21997 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Hello friendly team,surrender now.

Mafia Matt

Rounne #7 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostZapperguy, on 29 April 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

I've been playing with some of these folks for 5 years. It's your "I've been back a few days, know-it-all, attitude" that can get tossed. I'll say "Hi", crack wise, or communicate any way I see fit with my friends, but thanks for your oh so valuable suggestion.

:honoring:

You see, the problem here is that you are holding back against your friends with that kind of attitude. Players in the NBA on different teams can be best buds off the court. But on the court they will give it their all. This commonality of the professional, "Get it done" attitude is what makes them friends. They see eye to eye in that they both need to do everything that they can for the win. That is the name of the professional game. 

Your attitude is to not make waves and instead have friendly bouts where both players shake hands "During the match". That is not the way to win. Instead, that is a weak mentality. The way to win is to shake hands "After the match".

The reason that you see this tactic as underhanded and short sighted is because you lack the fortitude and discipline needed to not take it off the field. In essence these tactics work on you completely. You cannot separate the game from the person playing. Just as you can't separate the post from the person posting. You have an unprofessional, undisciplined, and completely judgmental attitude. Your response to this post is exactly what makes this tactic valid, the fact that you are losing control and focus right now just at the mention of this tactic outside of a game. 

Edited by Rounne, 29 April 2017 - 09:48 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:40 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21997 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Back in the day there was a player named "your x wife" so a game would start like this on the chat.

Your x wife-dropped by last night

Your x wife-just brought me a 6 pack and a hot dog

Your x wife-gives a mean backrub

Your x wife-says she wants her alimony cheque.

Zapperguy #9 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34081 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Last thought on the matter.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Quesnel #10 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 13095 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 April 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

Hello friendly team,surrender now.

Mafia Matt

I kinda miss seeing that :unsure:

Edited by Quesnel, 29 April 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21997 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostQuesnel, on 29 April 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

I kinda miss seeing that :unsure:

Saw him a few months ago,said the same thing and he did win.

_Warchylde_ #12 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Holding back against your friends?

What color is the sky in your world?

We actually fight harder against our buddies, because we expect the same from them.

Psycholgical warfare.....Pffft.   That psychobabble crap don't wash...,looking forward to seeing you "take me outta my game".

To quote my old signature:. "Just shut up and fly!"

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

GouIdy #13 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 29 April 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostRounne, on 29 April 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

You see, the problem here is that you are holding back against your friends with that kind of attitude. Players in the NBA on different teams can be best buds off the court. But on the court they will give it their all. This commonality of the professional, "Get it done" attitude is what makes them friends. They see eye to eye in that they both need to do everything that they can for the win. That is the name of the professional game. 

Your attitude is to not make waves and instead have friendly bouts where both players shake hands "During the match". That is not the way to win. Instead, that is a weak mentality. The way to win is to shake hands "After the match".

The reason that you see this tactic as underhanded and short sighted is because you lack the fortitude and discipline needed to not take it off the field. In essence these tactics work on you completely. You cannot separate the game from the person playing. Just as you can't separate the post from the person posting. You have an unprofessional, undisciplined, and completely judgmental attitude. Your response to this post is exactly what makes this tactic valid, the fact that you are losing control and focus right now just at the mention of this tactic outside of a game. 

Thanks for the  entertainment, it was looking like it was going to be a slow week without sojo being here but you managed to fill some mighty big clown shoes with your rants ranging from the game sucking & not worth playing, your input on how to play tier 10 & now your guide on psychological warfare. I do have some parting advice for you though, play more & talk less.

_Warchylde_ #14 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGouIdy, on 29 April 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

Thanks for the  entertainment, it was looking like it was going to be a slow week without sojo being here but you managed to fill some mighty big clown shoes with your rants ranging from the game sucking & not worth playing, your input on how to play tier 10 & now your guide on psychological warfare. I do have some parting advice for you though, play more & talk less.

+1 bro

Like I said: "Just shut up and fly"

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Lou #15 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRounne, on 29 April 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

game Key word

View PostGouIdy, on 29 April 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

+1 lol

I'll say 'hi', then shoot you down last. Why last? the bots are more of a threat.

So, Oh great military leader take note:

Whatever happened to the downvotes?

:trollface:

TeamTerrible #16 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45744 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGouIdy, on 29 April 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

:D

Rarearth #17 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 38569 battles

View PostRounne, on 29 April 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

:teethhappy::D:trollface::popcorn::B:playing::izmena::bajan:do you feel taunted yet lol just fly and clam up

Claudio67 #18 Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15687 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 29 April 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

This. From 20 players on a match, 18 are bots, they don't read your "psycologic warfare". 

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 April 2017 - 06:40 PM, said:

Back in the day there was a player named "your x wife" so a game would start like this on the chat.

Best nickname ever! But I never cared much about, if she almost destroyed a car crashing into a parked car I can't see a good reason to think she could handle a warbird (even when there isn't parked aircraft to slam into) :P

Rounne #19 Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostGouIdy, on 29 April 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

That's brilliant coming from a guy with 2,200 forum posts. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and play more while talking less. Play the total hypocrite much? Yes you do.

View Post_Warchylde_, on 29 April 2017 - 10:25 PM, said:

+1 bro

Like I said: "Just shut up and fly"

You have more forum posts than he does. Take your own advice "bro". 

View PostRarearth, on 29 April 2017 - 10:56 PM, said:

:teethhappy::D:trollface::popcorn::B:playing::izmena::bajan:do you feel taunted yet lol just fly and clam up

Yes, these people are taunting me directly and then claiming that my advice is wrong. They apparently don't have enough intelligence to understand that they are following the very advice that I give while trying to put me down for it. And the forum actually respect these complete hypocrites? That's the funniest joke I've seen here yet, that you actually listened to these clowns while they are complete hypocrites. They do exactly what I posted about then trash talk that fact that I posted about it. You guys are really smart ones huh? Top the class, yes, I can tell :facepalm:

Edited by Rounne, 29 April 2017 - 11:30 PM.

TeamTerrible #20 Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 45744 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRounne, on 29 April 2017 - 06:20 PM, said:

That's brilliant coming from a guy with 2,200 forum posts. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and play more while talking less. Play the total hypocrite much? Yes you do.

You have more forum posts than he does. Take your own advice "bro". 

Yes, these people are taunting me directly and then claiming that my advice is wrong. They apparently don't have enough intelligence to understand that they are following the very advice that I give while trying to put me down for it. And the forum actually respect these complete hypocrites? That's the funniest joke I've seen here yet, that you actually listed to these clowns while they are complete hypocrites. They do exactly what I posted about then trash talk that fact that I posted about it. You guys are really smart ones huh? Top the class, yes, I can tell :facepalm:

Snoticus is back!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users