Need help in T10

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

mnbv_fockewulfe #1 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

This is basically my average battle in T10 except I didn't die and lose this one.

I gain alt, chase HFs for a while, break off and fool around with the bots, get out numbered and lawn dart by accident because I don't know how to ride the terrain properly (mainly because I never have to).

HELP please!

edit: sorry for poor sound quality

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 28 April 2017 - 07:40 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

ArrowZ_ #2 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8943 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

1. Play it like a heavy 

2. Lead more with that 30mm and youll get more hits, especially on high speed turns

3. Always keep speed high, when attacking, when evading etc. 

4. Altitude is this planes strong suit. Stay above everyone else. At the start of the match you should be looking for heavies that are coming up for belly shots. Shoot those, then work your way down after

5. Do less turns and more vertical BnZ

6. Max all kinds of speed boost equipment, crew skills, itll make your life easier with the fw252

But the major thing is your aim and energy fighting. Get those sorted and you'll do fine with the fw252. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

View PostArrowZ_, on 28 April 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

1. Play it like a heavy

Except that its awful at fight HFs on their turf i.e. 4,500 meters alt. What then?

2. Lead more with that 30mm and youll get more hits, especially on high speed turns

Good point

3. Always keep speed high, when attacking, when evading etc.

Easier said than done

4. Altitude is this planes strong suit. Stay above everyone else. At the start of the match you should be looking for heavies that are coming up for belly shots. Shoot those, then work your way down after

Hard when you got multiple bogies on you. I find it easier at lower tiers because not every plane can climb like a boss.

5. Do less turns and more vertical BnZ

Again, hard to get above everyone else and keep them below me

6. Max all kinds of speed boost equipment, crew skills, itll make your life easier with the fw252

Working on it. I actually find exp grinding easier at the higher tiers.

But the major thing is your aim and energy fighting. Get those sorted and you'll do fine with the fw252.

Its also partially the situations that occur because of bots i.e. team gets wiped out, how do I keep that from happening while maintaining an advantage? Tbh there are many situations where I hold back from helping an ally because it would make me too vulnerable.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

_Warchylde_ #4 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9662 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

mnbv_fockewulfe #5 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

View Post_Warchylde_, on 28 April 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

So basically, I need to improve my aim. lol

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8943 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

In your video I see u turning horizontally with flaps at Red zone alt.  Your speed is low because of this. There's alot to improve just from watching. But my best advice would be keep flying it until you get used to the mechanics of the fw252. And stay in at the back above the team so you have time to choose what you want to light up. Obviously you shouldn't chase heavies higher than you, catch them on a diving pass and if they go up that's when you pounce. By this time you should have both speed and energy to chase them up.  The fw252 is very good at this. Oh and commit to your kils. Don't pull off. Think of it as aggro towards AI. Once you pull off the bots will completely ignore everything and light your [edited]till the end of time. Blatant bot behaviour. Seen it many times. Once you get both engine gurus, bnz will get easier with the fw252. Alongside aero expert, youll be able to keep up with the heavies at red zones. 

I admit tho its not an easy plane. Even I would struggle keeping this thing at high alt when 70% of the team is gunning for you. But you've heard this before. Practice makes perfect. 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 29 April 2017 - 12:13 AM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

Thing is I like to deal with enemy planes on a 1v1 basis. If my plane is better at climbing than one I'm engaged with, I'll use BnZ. If I'm better at turning (as in the F7U) I'll try to turn fight. BnZ against a plane that is better than me at BnZ doesn't make sense to me.

I think I'll go practice my aim for now.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Psicko23 #8 Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18527 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I don't have this plane yet, but from playing high tiers Arrowz post sounds right. Also you need to slow down with your shots and make more land. It's not much of a spray and pray plane, you have to be more precise on the shots. 

ArrowZ_ #9 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:00 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8943 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Aiming with those 30mm is hard at tier 10. Even harder with high ping on cs. Splitting hairs while my shots missed when clearly i was on point on my screen. Latency is a betch. 

mnbv_fockewulfe #10 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

What throws my aim off the most is the high speeds. Those deflection shots can get really hard.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

_Warchylde_ #11 Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9662 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 April 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Well, Wolfblitz is one of the deadliest sharpshooters in the game, along with Bobo, Bubba, Gouldy, and a few others that I'm terrified to run into, but thrilled when they're on my side.

I only posted the video, because Wolfblitz makes that plane look easy, when in fact, it's not.  It rolls nicely, like the rest of the FW line, so use that to your advantage when evading those diving heavies.

Don't use your flaps when turning at high altitude, so you can keep your speed up.  Listen to Arrow, his advice is sound.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 29 April 2017 - 03:00 AM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

Rounne #12 Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:17 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 April 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

There is a lot more than that going on in Wolf's video. I'm kind of new here, but correct me if I am wrong. Here is what I see you doing:

1. You spend a ton of time trying to turn and burn enemies in the horizontal.

2. After your initial pass, you turn and try to chase them

3. You don't disengage enough to climb back up.

4. You use flaps a lot in attempt to turn and burn.

What I see wolf doing

1.He is almost always going vertical after a diving pass - disengaging the enemy after his run in order to climb back up. You turn with flaps to try to chase them down

2. Takes targets of opportunity. You get tunnel vision and chase down a target even when it can out turn you.

3. Kills many enemies while they are trying to climb away. Apparently this plane is good for that but you have to have enough speed. 

4. If he is not killing them on the way up, he is killing them on the way down.

5. He is not trying to dog fight at all really. You are.

Correct me if I am wrong i am still trying to learn, but from what I can tell with my limited experience I would recommend playing more in a BF-109 using pure vertical boom and zoom tactics while disengaging. That or using a P-38 or some other vertical mid tier fighter.

(edit to add) Actually after looking at your account I see that you have a lot of BF-109 and P-38 games. So, not sure what to say.

Edited by Rounne, 29 April 2017 - 08:47 AM.

losttwo #13 Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:40 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

When seeking advice about this game or even anything in life.

You have to be willing to let go of old idea's.

You have to not use " but this is what i like "

Do not use " can't "

The thing about this game and its learning curve is that you need to learn to fly the plane

with in it's design or game design, not how you want to fly it.

The " WINNERS " fly by game design.

The " LOSERS " fly by their design.

Gang_Starr #14 Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:27 PM

Captain

• 12216 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
You should be constantly switching targets and shooting at something, forget about the HFs, they are too fast for your guns at the start, just kill the lights and multiroles first and then HFs are easy to kill at the end. You spend too much time just flying around and not enough shooting.

Tenks

mnbv_fockewulfe #15 Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

View Postlosttwo, on 29 April 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

When seeking advice about this game or even anything in life.

You have to be willing to let go of old idea's.

You have to not use " but this is what i like "

Do not use " can't "

The thing about this game and its learning curve is that you need to learn to fly the plane

with in it's design or game design, not how you want to fly it.

The " WINNERS " fly by game design.

The " LOSERS " fly by their design.

Roger that. In 50 games I've brought my win rate up 50%. 

Maybe I should have titled the thread "the heck is wrong with T10" namely why does every human fly a Heavy Fighter? There are some trends in T10 gameplay that I've noticed that make it somewhat less enjoyable then when I started playing T9. Mainly the lack of humans and the altitude cap.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

ArrowZ_ #16 Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8943 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

They choose HFs at t10 because its easy to stall bots. And there's also the fact that they can boost all the way to the moon and have guns that hit like a truck. 

Thats why it's important to deal with them early in the battle so they don't get a chance to do that. But that's where me and gang differ in opinion heh. There's different ways to deal with player HFs. You can try to kill his team quicker than he can kill yours, assuming he ignores you doing that (most cases it isnt). Kill his GAs for supremacy lead then go after his team and hide. Relying on supremacy win isn't as good as shooting every single plane due to how dumb the bar resets. 

Or just flight up. Easiest solution to most of the gameplay problems in this game. Curious what 2 fw252 can do at t10. 

Gang is right. You have to be more aggressive and put a balance in survivability. If you see an opportunity to one pass any plane even if they are are diving at close range, take it. That's one less enemy you have to deal with. Moments of opportunity is key to flying the fw252. 

If you want more t10 activity go to RU. In their prime time they have 15v15 t10. Mostly mixed with bots but still more players wanting to play 10 than here. 

mnbv_fockewulfe #17 Posted 29 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4307 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

"Fly on the RU server" *smirks*

I haven't the time to grind all the way back up to T10! lol

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users