Rise of the bot masters

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Derpinoid #1 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Yeah, I know, catchy title, probably expecting a rant or some such, sorry to half disappoint, this is about the actual game update.

Now, the match ballance is still unreal to some extent, but it's not just MM deciding to roll your face in the mud nearly as much as 1.9.9.1 no really I mean it.

It isn't very good news for the lone wolf tunnelvision hang to the back type game player, but the bots have actually been pretty helpful. :honoring:

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

Steel_bomber_ #2 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

What exactly are you trying to say?

I do not see any constructive language, please be more specific of what you want to say.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

OtterWolf #3 Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

Senior Airman

• 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
He's saying he's had some pretty ok games since the last patch.

Derpinoid #4 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I'm saying that the matches aren't as random,  and the bots do a better job of actually covering you. This does not mean that you will not get your face dragged through the mud, but it's not just MM randomly throwing you a beating.

It's a step in the right direction, and as much as I bash on WG, I think it's important to say something when they've improved.

TeamTerrible #5 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostDerpinoid, on 28 April 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

Yeah, I know, catchy title, probably expecting a rant or some such, sorry to half disappoint, this is about the actual game update.

Now, the match ballance is still unreal to some extent, but it's not just MM deciding to roll your face in the mud nearly as much as 1.9.9.1 no really I mean it.

It isn't very good news for the lone wolf tunnelvision hang to the back type game player, but the bots have actually been pretty helpful. :honoring:

You must be confusing this game for something else

The artificial idiots are a complete waste of resources, funds would be better spent on advertising 

GhostPrime #6 Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostDerpinoid, on 28 April 2017 - 06:00 AM, said:

I'm saying that the matches aren't as random,  and the bots do a better job of actually covering you. This does not mean that you will not get your face dragged through the mud, but it's not just MM randomly throwing you a beating.

It's a step in the right direction, and as much as I bash on WG, I think it's important to say something when they've improved.

Thank you! 

The bots respond a lot better to commands as well. Pinging the map, or F- commands have worked well for me in battle recently.

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

mullyman #7 Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles
Pinging the map does nothing..........
mullyman.png

Steel_bomber_ #8 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmullyman, on 28 April 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Maybe Ghost knows more than we know ?

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 28 April 2017 - 04:05 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postmullyman, on 28 April 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Cannot help it...  Video clip is mandatory here:

Derpinoid #10 Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostTeamTerrible, on 28 April 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

You must be confusing this game for something else

The artificial idiots are a complete waste of resources, funds would be better spent on advertising 

Funny thing is, I agree with you on both points, but since we're stuck with bots anyway, not having completely lame bots is better than the lameness we've had.

(I'm not like saying they fixed the game, but they've managed not to totally hose an upgrade, at least of the game itself)

Edited by Derpinoid, 06 May 2017 - 05:39 AM.

SmilinJack #11 Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 241 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I think the title for this forum is pretty damned accurate, myself.  I have been play wowp since closed beta and have put up with all of the changes and updates and kept right on playing.  This last patch though may just push me over the edge.  The introduction of bots, I suppose was a necessity, considering the low population of players.  They were pretty stupid at first and didn't get in the way much so I wasn't too concerned.  However, as each patch was applied the roll of the bots changed from just fillers to (in some cases) domination.  One reason I loved playing wowp, (besides the fact I have always loved planes and have forever been a frustrated pilot) was because that with just a basic understanding of flight controls and flying in general, I could be relatively successful.  I have never been, or claimed to be a natural born ace, but it was fun flying these planes and I could get my share of kills and progress thru the game.  These days I can fly for half a day and never get a battle win.  It used to happen occasionally, but now appears to be a pretty common occurrence.  Win/survival statistics are now absolutely meaningless because you are completely dependent on how the bots on your team perform.  I personally have gotten 8 kills against a 10 plane enemy in battle and still lost the battle because the bots on my team could not hit their targets or they just flew into a cliff.  The devs also need desperately work on their collision and bomb kill radius algorithms...they are not at all accurate and cost human players dearly.  All in all, this game is not nearly as much fun as it used to be.  The frustration level is rising among the air-breathing players and if things do not improve this game may go the way of so many others...down the toilet. I imagine I will catch quite a bit of flak from the "expert" players for my comments, but let's face it folks...if this game was that satisfying the population would be a hell of a lot higher than it is.

Bobby_Tables #12 Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

[Deleted]  

I was being too snarky having just gotten my own rear handed to me on a platter in the game.  

Carry on.  I still enjoy the flight aspect of the game and trying to hold my own against superior foes.  

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 07 May 2017 - 05:30 AM.

Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 07 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSmilinJack, on 06 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

I think the title for this forum is pretty damned accurate, myself.  I have been play wowp since closed beta and have put up with all of the changes and updates and kept right on playing.  This last patch though may just push me over the edge.  The introduction of bots, I suppose was a necessity, considering the low population of players.  They were pretty stupid at first and didn't get in the way much so I wasn't too concerned.  However, as each patch was applied the roll of the bots changed from just fillers to (in some cases) domination.  One reason I loved playing wowp, (besides the fact I have always loved planes and have forever been a frustrated pilot) was because that with just a basic understanding of flight controls and flying in general, I could be relatively successful.  I have never been, or claimed to be a natural born ace, but it was fun flying these planes and I could get my share of kills and progress thru the game.  These days I can fly for half a day and never get a battle win.  It used to happen occasionally, but now appears to be a pretty common occurrence.  Win/survival statistics are now absolutely meaningless because you are completely dependent on how the bots on your team perform.  I personally have gotten 8 kills against a 10 plane enemy in battle and still lost the battle because the bots on my team could not hit their targets or they just flew into a cliff.  The devs also need desperately work on their collision and bomb kill radius algorithms...they are not at all accurate and cost human players dearly.  All in all, this game is not nearly as much fun as it used to be.  The frustration level is rising among the air-breathing players and if things do not improve this game may go the way of so many others...down the toilet. I imagine I will catch quite a bit of flak from the "expert" players for my comments, but let's face it folks...if this game was that satisfying the population would be a hell of a lot higher than it is.

Your right but remember you have a fair chance of getting the killer bots on your side too.

Most games are dependant on the RNG on if you win or lose.

Slot machines use a Random Number Generator too for determining wins.

I still think two flighted guys with teamspeak are a greater threat then any bot and I dont flight,like charlie doesn't surf.

Been fun Derp,enjoyed your late night ramblings on pt bar and grill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users