"game center" now mandatory

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

DrSinister #41 Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:54 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Yeah, I have been using the new Launcher for a couple months now (was part of the CPT, when I got it).  It merged my WoT, WoWp, and WoWs games with no issue.

I have my Unified Launcher to not auto update, but to notify me when there is an update and I choose if I want to update or not.  Also when I am done with playing a WG game, I also go to the system tray and right click and close the Launcher so that it is not using up any resources.  I can also close it while I am in game, or just like others have suggested only use the Launcher to update the games and use a shortcut for the .exe to launch the game.

Only suggestion I have is that, like other launchers, that there should be a option to allow me to click the X to fully close the launcher instead of minimizing to the system tray.

Zapperguy #42 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostDrSinister, on 10 May 2017 - 09:54 PM, said:

Yeah, I have been using the new Launcher for a couple months now (was part of the CPT, when I got it).  It merged my WoT, WoWp, and WoWs games with no issue.

I have my Unified Launcher to not auto update, but to notify me when there is an update and I choose if I want to update or not.  Also when I am done with playing a WG game, I also go to the system tray and right click and close the Launcher so that it is not using up any resources.  I can also close it while I am in game, or just like others have suggested only use the Launcher to update the games and use a shortcut for the .exe to launch the game.

Only suggestion I have is that, like other launchers, that there should be a option to allow me to click the X to fully close the launcher instead of minimizing to the system tray.

If you want to play at all, you need the gamecenter installed and must update the game using that. However, as per the highlighted section of Doc's post, you only need to run the gamecenter when your game is out of sync with the server. Once it says you are updated, close it in the system tray and use the exe to launch. I've been doing this for a very long time with the old launcher as well. It's really not a different concept from the old launcher, it merely makes it more convenient to update all of your wargaming titles with a single launcher rather than having 3.

Hope to see you in the skies (even if you're wearing a tinfoil hat) :D

Deltavee #43 Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 10 May 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

^ You can always launch the game(s) from executable...just not update.

Change the install directory for WGC as it apparently defaults to a hidden folder (ProgramData).

Use WGC only for update (of course, check out that little gear icon to the left out and turn off run on startup, turn off all the automatic update options and if you care, disable uploading) and run game from executable and you should be fine. Kill the launcher in the taskbar's tray after you are done with updating and consider rebooting after you are done (at least until WGC addresses the random pinging for download issue, which I doubt it'll be for some time). The client will tell you whether you need to update upon attempting to log in.

Thank you very much, pyantoryng for your help.  It all worked just as you suggested.

Cheers

Deltavee #44 Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 10 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Hi! You will need to have the WGC installed to do updates. All game updates are installed through the game launcher. The default setting is automatic updates in the WGC launcher, but you are able to change that setting if you wish to. Feel free to PM me if you need any help. 

GhostPrime, thanks for the offer of help.  I was able to resolve it all finally without having to PM you but I really do appreciate the offer. 

The rant was really about having something rammed down my throat, namely the WGC.  Obviously that kind of thing gets under my skin.

Cheers,

Deltavee

Deltavee #45 Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 2 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 10 May 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Most of your arguments are invalid, you can disable automatic startup/updates & uploads in the settings for the game center.

If you are really anal you can add a desktop shortcut to the WOWP exe. file & run the game bypassing the game center.

That wasn't a wall of rage, trust me.

GhostPrime #46 Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostDeltavee, on 14 May 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

GhostPrime, thanks for the offer of help.  I was able to resolve it all finally without having to PM you but I really do appreciate the offer. 

The rant was really about having something rammed down my throat, namely the WGC.  Obviously that kind of thing gets under my skin.

Cheers,

Deltavee

I'm glad you were able to get it working. The offer still stands, if you ever need any help, let me know. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

trakboss #47 Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
  • [MSOB] MSOB
its unfortunate that WG will be losing money because I cannot play warplanes without installing the game center which I am not going to install

Zapperguy #48 Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View Posttrakboss, on 17 June 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

its unfortunate that WG will be losing money because I cannot play warplanes without installing the game center which I am not going to install

WoWP like all WG titles has always had a launcher. The game center is simply an updated version of said launcher. What exactly is the issue?

Psicko23 #49 Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:19 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Posttrakboss, on 17 June 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

now I'm wondering how much money they will be losing because you wont play anymore.

PhilKnox #50 Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 35 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
The problem with the Game Center is not the launcher.  I have no problem with the theory of using one.  My problem is the constant Unable to connect to internet message that I receive.  My problem is that I was running one of Zapperguy's mod for the old Hryunomod.  (NOT blaming Zapperguy here, it was working a few weeks, but I could have done something wrong)  I got the message that my game was corrupt, and did the game integrity check through the launcher.  It kept stopping the integrity check and giving me the unable to connect message. Ok So I checked the connection, again, did I a pc restart.  it started working for a bit then stopped again same message.  There is nothing wrong with the internet, and the Wargaming Center is a Firewall exception.  I tried turning off the Firewall just in case that may have been the problem.  Still didn't work.  I uninstalled the game manually, and did receive the message through the launcher that it uninstalled.  Tried loading the game, and got the same message.  Unable to connect.  I don't mind using the launcher, if it works properly.  The problem is that it does not work properly, at least for me.

PhilKnox #51 Posted 29 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 35 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
As far as my internet. I have Comcast, the fastest in my area. I live in the sticks,  I have Comast, DSL or dial up as the only choices.  My internet is generally pretty fast, and I have done speed tests and it is fine.  The only problem I am having is worth Wargaming.  My kids play on the internet all of the time without issue.

pyantoryng #52 Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Seems like Game Center can put internet connection out of commission after long sessions...I left it overnight to install WoWS, and six hours later the connection went kaputt and requiring reboot to be able to connect again.

...and download speed tend to be really slow...apparently because nobody wants to use/allow upload...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TBird_ACS #53 Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:37 AM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
  • [IHB] IHB
I refuse to install WOWP V 2.0 because it forces you to install Game Center.  Sorry WG my WOT and WOWS works fine without the lousy launcher platform.  Anyone know how to just an install of the client only?

Destroyer_Suzukaze #54 Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:09 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 277 battles

View PostTBird_ACS, on 22 October 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I refuse to install WOWP V 2.0 because it forces you to install Game Center.  Sorry WG my WOT and WOWS works fine without the lousy launcher platform.  Anyone know how to just an install of the client only?

You only need Game Center for updates. You can run WOWP simply by making a shortcut to the executable, WorldOfWarplanes.exe. Make a shortcut or double click it and you're rockin

Zapperguy #55 Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostTBird_ACS, on 23 October 2017 - 12:37 AM, said:

The thing is, both of the other games also have launchers. That window that updates your game is a launcher. The game center simply allows you to update or launch any WG title from a single launcher instead of having 3 separate ones. As Destroyer_Suzukaze stated, you can make a shortcut directly to the game's exe and only use the Game Center for updates if you like.

:honoring:

pyantoryng #56 Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

It was Planes' sacrifice (only affect like a few thousand people on each cluster at most) that let Tanks and Ships stay on their respective old separate launchers...had it been received well, Tanks and Ships would be more than likely to be forced to use the WGC as well. It was not, because WG released what essentially is an Alpha feature for live usage.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

comtedumas #57 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1122 battles
  • [NIN-] NIN-

View PostDerpinoid, on 28 April 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

Why exactly do I need an applet checking in with your servers every 5 minutes for a game with quarterly updates?

(Note to WG, I'm gonna look at that traffic, and if I see any personal data or usage numbers, I'll be looking up your agent for service of process)

sure you will.  Big talk from someone names “derpinoid”. I bet you don’t have the money for a filing fee for a suit, much less a Big Mac.  
Heard on the forum.  "1.9 was a hardcore air combat sim.  And it had a lead indicator"  HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pogo68 #58 Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Well as far as the gaming center goes.

I have an account with World of Warship.

one day the Gaming Center stopped connecting to the update server.

Multiple tickets did not resolve the issue.

Eventually, Support asked me to delete the game, clear the everything and reinstall the game using a fresh download.

I followed their instructions to the letter and when it got to the part where the game center launched in order to contact the server to download the rest of the game, it failed and resumed with the "can't connect to the server retrying in xx seconds." message.

I finally solved the problem by permanently deleting World of Warships from my computer.

No more problems with Game Center and World of Warships.

Sooner or later that will probably happen with the Game Center and World of Warplanes and I'll probably go through the same support requests and answers with the ultimate fix being to delete World of Warplanes permanently.

Edited by Pogo68, 25 October 2017 - 01:30 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users