• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #21 Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

NikoPower, on 27 April 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

Also a couple things about it auto-running and auto-updating.

If you want to stop it from starting up on Windows start up, you can go into the settings of the WGC Launcher. Under the "General" tab, you can uncheck the box that says "Launch Game Center when you start your computer". This is prevent the Launcher from starting up. 

To turn it off, you can go in the lower right of your screen to the system tray, right click the WGC Launcher icon, and select "Exit". It will not start up until you start it on your own. 

If you choose to leave it on, but you don't want auto-updates to happen. You again go into settings and find the "Updates" tab. You will then uncheck both of the available boxes that say "Automatically update installed games" and "Download Updates in Advance". From there, it will stop from updating. 

If you feel the Launcher is taking up bandwidth during updates, you can also adjust the speeds for Upcoming Updates, General WGC Launcher Update speeds and Upload Speeds. This will cap the speeds and save on your bandwidth. 

As for the random pinging to search for downloads, in the next update for the WGC Launcher, this will be addressed. 

What my colleague states here is absolutely correct. We will be making improvements to the WGC continuously, and listening to feedback. If you have troubles with it, please feel free to PM me, send in a ticket to support, or both. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

TeamTerrible #22 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 44598 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGhostPrime, on 28 April 2017 - 10:25 AM, said:

What my colleague states here is absolutely correct. We will be making improvements to the WGC continuously, and listening to feedback. If you have troubles with it, please feel free to PM me, send in a ticket to support, or both. 

I told you the thing was bugged and your people released it anyways

Was anyone listening or making improvements?

Nope

GhostPrime #23 Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostTeamTerrible, on 28 April 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

I told you the thing was bugged and your people released it anyways

Was anyone listening or making improvements?

Nope

With any new software, once something goes out into the public with hundreds or thousands of people using it some bugs and issues can raise their heads. This is simply due to a number of people using it and their personal software/hardware configurations. The launcher is in beta still, and we can use your help by telling us any issues anyone has with it so they can be fixed. Its an important part of software development, especially in a live, constantly updated game. 

Please if anyone is having issues with the WGC, let me know, and/or submit a ticket to support. Thanks! 

Find us on Facebook!

TeamTerrible #24 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 44598 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGhostPrime, on 28 April 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

With any new software, once something goes out into the public with hundreds or thousands of people using it some bugs and issues can raise their heads. This is simply due to a number of people using it and their personal software/hardware configurations. The launcher is in beta still, and we can use your help by telling us any issues anyone has with it so they can be fixed. Its an important part of software development, especially in a live, constantly updated game. 

Please if anyone is having issues with the WGC, let me know, and/or submit a ticket to support. Thanks! 

Forcing an unproven feature onto a game that cannot afford to lose players was just plain idiotic and truly shows how much WG is bent on correcting this game's current population

It also shows how lazy your people are considering the fact that their ticket count would be higher if this test was given to Tanks or Warships

The game is already down for the count, please stop kicking it 

BigWaveSurfer #25 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2920 battles

Bloody hell. I clicked on WoWp in my ASIA game center. picked the NA server and it wants to do a full install for a game I already have installed.

Helps us out guys, or send my left over gold to my ASIA account.

Did you not think of the guys forced to play the NA server

I'm sure the rest of Australian and New Zealand players don't want this stuff up to carry on once the ASIA server forces us to use Wargameing.net Game Center

Edited by BigWaveSurfer, 29 April 2017 - 01:53 AM.

Alpha/Super Tester World of Warships/Closed Beta Tester World of Warplanes/Beta Tester World of Tanks

pyantoryng #26 Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles

View PostBigWaveSurfer, on 29 April 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

Bloody hell. I clicked on WoWp in my ASIA game center. picked the NA server and it wants to do a full install for a game I already have installed.

Helps us out guys, or send my left over gold to my ASIA account.

Did you not think of the guys forced to play the NA server

I'm sure the rest of Australian and New Zealand players don't want this stuff up to carry on once the ASIA server forces us to use Wargameing.net Game Center

Did you choose to import it and specify the game directory?

I'm Asia player playing exclusively on NA, though...:unsure:

Edited by pyantoryng, 29 April 2017 - 07:28 PM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

NerdRageZerg #27 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:16 AM

Airman Basic

• 3144 battles

Wargaming,

I like WoWP, as well as your other products. I was a little surprised to see the force download of your update center. To begin with, I'll update the application I'm using as needed. Not just your product but everything I use is set to ask permission. I do not like programs running in the background. I do not like auto updates. 

I am mostly playing WoT on console the last several months, but occasionally play WoWS or Planes. I will not be keeping Planes on my PC as I cannot login without your update center.

It might be exciting for your engineering 'derp'artment to 'enhance' and unify your product line, but not for us. 

You should definitely reconsider your plans WG. But as a forum lurker here for the short time I have been playing Planes I've come to understand players come second in this franchise branch.

To whomever makes these executive decisions for WoWP, you should be let go. Retire. Go play golf or build models. 

<i

NRZ

DrSinister #28 Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4762 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Why is everyone so up in arms on using a launcher?? (besides the unneeded data still transferring even though you are not DLing any updates, but WG already stated they are addressing that soon.)

Hell, all 3 games all use a launcher (any online multiplayer games uses individual launchers to get the updated files before login on) that will auto download updates unless you toggle it in their launcher.  So instead of opening 3 different launchers to see if WoWp, WoT, WoWs needs an update, I can then use the unified launcher that will then tell me which games needs update and then I can update them (since I also have auto updates turned off).  

I play many games and I have many different launchers that want to be in background, Steam, Origin, Blizzard, My.com, Ubisoft, GOG Galaxy (to name a few), but when I am done playing that game from that associated launcher I just closed down that launcher (going to taskbar and right click and close it to stop running it)

Zapperguy #29 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32568 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostDrSinister, on 30 April 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Why is everyone so up in arms on using a launcher?? (besides the unneeded data still transferring even though you are not DLing any updates, but WG already stated they are addressing that soon.)

Hell, all 3 games all use a launcher (any online multiplayer games uses individual launchers to get the updated files before login on) that will auto download updates unless you toggle it in their launcher.  So instead of opening 3 different launchers to see if WoWp, WoT, WoWs needs an update, I can then use the unified launcher that will then tell me which games needs update and then I can update them (since I also have auto updates turned off).  

I play many games and I have many different launchers that want to be in background, Steam, Origin, Blizzard, My.com, Ubisoft, GOG Galaxy (to name a few), but when I am done playing that game from that associated launcher I just closed down that launcher (going to taskbar and right click and close it to stop running it)

Doc's point is valid. Games today use launchers especially for updates. Has anyone ever played a game through STEAM? It's virtually the same thing except with STEAM, at least the last time I used it, you couldn't shut down the launcher and still play. With WoWP, if your game is updated, you don't need to touch the new launcher or ANY launcher for that matter. I only use the launcher to update my game if it is out of sync with the server, but I shut it down completely before I run the game. See below if you missed it elsewhere.

View PostZapperguy, on 27 April 2017 - 09:45 AM, said:

Once you get the Game Center installed, it will update all of your WG titles.

1. After everything is updated, close the Game Center (using the X in the upper right isn't enough, kill it in your taskbar as well).
  2. Clear your cache. How? Save this .bat file to your desktop and simply double click it with the game not running and your cache is cleared. It will not work with the game running.  Clear Wargaming Cache .Bat file
  3. (optional for mod users only) If you use mods effected by the cacheddb.bin file, check for it and delete or rename it.

Create a desktop shortcut (right-click your desktop, select "new" then shortcut) with the following as the target: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\WorldOfWarplanes.exe   Start in: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes

Use the new shortcut to start the game and bypass the Game Center. If you aren't the same version as the server, it won't let you on and will give you a message telling you as much. Simply run the Game Center for updates then repeat steps 1-3. The shortcut you made will continue to work without invoking the Game Center as long as the game is updated.

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

pyantoryng #30 Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 30 April 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

I think that's the main complaint, and it's going to take time...

Becoming an involuntary guinea pig mustn't feel good, that's for sure...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rarearth #31 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:20 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 35645 battles
  • [JE] JE

View PostDrSinister, on 30 April 2017 - 01:49 PM, said:

Because everyone is not an IT wiz Doc , I was working fine for three years and now black screen , send a ticket no help , went to uninstall and it turns on and windows wont delete it because its being used, . I mean I admire your skills but I don't have a clue about dxl files backwall permission attaching file , never had a zip file that I know of. So when you ask that, show a little mercy .I just gave up my house phone last year , not really complaining about that but I was never told I would have to find file directorys and attach to tickets.. But the answer as bad as it is      war thunder. is starting to draw some interest.Keep up the good fight Doc people depend on your smarts Im just to tired to keep up.

MARS_REVENANT #32 Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:24 AM

Major

• 31893 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostDrSinister, on 30 April 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

My thoughts exactly... the current game had a launcher, we still have a launcher.  You dont need to have all 3 games installed.  You can still bypass the launcher and load game directly... heck, I use Razer Central as my launcher...

They just need to iron out a few bugs.

The current launcher has been running fine for me since Closed Public Test of the new game mode.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

DrSinister #33 Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:31 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4762 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostRarearth, on 30 April 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

Because everyone is not an IT wiz Doc , I was working fine for three years and now black screen , send a ticket no help , went to uninstall and it turns on and windows wont delete it because its being used, . I mean I admire your skills but I don't have a clue about dxl files backwall permission attaching file , never had a zip file that I know of. So when you ask that, show a little mercy .I just gave up my house phone last year , not really complaining about that but I was never told I would have to find file directorys and attach to tickets.. But the answer as bad as it is      war thunder. is starting to draw some interest.Keep up the good fight Doc people depend on your smarts Im just to tired to keep up.

There is some down falls with this launcher because of different things that I see and I can understand the complaints on them.  I guess when I was 1st reading was that people was more just complaining because it was another thing to be forced to DL. But now it seems to be giving more issues.  

Granted I got to use the new launcher since CPT, because we had to have the new launcher to download the CPT.  

Also, I did not have to do any tweaks to get this launcher running.  Just had to install it and it has been fine since then, but some of these issues that I am reading are very annoying to say the least.

Also I can understand your frustration, after awhile it can get tedious, even for a person that knows a bit more about the PC.

BTW, I still have my House Phone, can not get my wife on board to get rid of it, LOL.

Zapperguy #34 Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32568 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostDrSinister, on 02 May 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

There is some down falls with this launcher because of different things that I see and I can understand the complaints on them.  I guess when I was 1st reading was that people was more just complaining because it was another thing to be forced to DL. But now it seems to be giving more issues.  

Granted I got to use the new launcher since CPT, because we had to have the new launcher to download the CPT.  

Also, I did not have to do any tweaks to get this launcher running.  Just had to install it and it has been fine since then, but some of these issues that I am reading are very annoying to say the least.

Also I can understand your frustration, after awhile it can get tedious, even for a person that knows a bit more about the PC.

BTW, I still have my House Phone, can not get my wife on board to get rid of it, LOL.

I don't own a cell phone.

:)

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

ArrowZ_ #35 Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8943 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
No issues on my end. But that's because I turn it off and just launch the game directly from the exe. 

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Deltavee #36 Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 87 battles

On the subject of the "game center" now being mandatory for WoWP:

NerdRageZerg and I have pretty much the same attitude when it comes to things being rammed down our throats.

I started out with WoT around December of 2015 and I have been playing mostly WoWS in the past couple of months and I am enjoying it immensely.  I don't want to have to remove either one of them because of your corporate attitude and tactics.

Update May 14/17 - Having registered my protests, I have removed the larger part of my original post.  Bottom line...I don't like ultimatums "Use this or you can't play the game."  Forgiven, but not forgotten.

I have the WGC up and running and under control thanks in part to some help from pyantoryng and offers from others.  Thank you all.

Edited by Deltavee, 14 May 2017 - 06:28 PM.

GouIdy #37 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17876 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDeltavee, on 10 May 2017 - 11:10 AM, said:

wall of rage

Most of your arguments are invalid, you can disable automatic startup/updates & uploads in the settings for the game center.

If you are really anal you can add a desktop shortcut to the WOWP exe. file & run the game bypassing the game center.

pyantoryng #38 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles

^ You can always launch the game(s) from executable...just not update.

Change the install directory for WGC as it apparently defaults to a hidden folder (ProgramData).

Use WGC only for update (of course, check out that little gear icon to the left out and turn off run on startup, turn off all the automatic update options and if you care, disable uploading) and run game from executable and you should be fine. Kill the launcher in the taskbar's tray after you are done with updating and consider rebooting after you are done (at least until WGC addresses the random pinging for download issue, which I doubt it'll be for some time). The client will tell you whether you need to update upon attempting to log in.

Deltavee #39 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

Airman Basic

• 87 battles

View PostArrowZ_, on 03 May 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

No issues on my end. But that's because I turn it off and just launch the game directly from the exe. 

Hi ArrowZ_,  I have tried to do the same thing but it gives me the login screen and after login it tells me that the client has to be updated.  There's nowhere on the page to do that.  Went back to the directory where I found the .exe and there is an update .exe file there, but it is unusable.  Could I trouble you to tell me how you got yours to work, please?  Or do you have the WGC installed (I don't) and use it only for updates like pyantoryng above?

Thank you,

Deltavee

Resolved, w/ thanks

Edited by Deltavee, 14 May 2017 - 06:22 PM.

GhostPrime #40 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1440 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostDeltavee, on 10 May 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

Hi ArrowZ_,  I have tried to do the same thing but it gives me the login screen and after login it tells me that the client has to be updated.  There's nowhere on the page to do that.  Went back to the directory where I found the .exe and there is an update .exe file there, but it is unusable.  Could I trouble you to tell me how you got yours to work, please?  Or do you have the WGC installed (I don't) and use it only for updates like pyantoryng above?

Thank you,

Deltavee

Hi! You will need to have the WGC installed to do updates. All game updates are installed through the game launcher. The default setting is automatic updates in the WGC launcher, but you are able to change that setting if you wish to. Feel free to PM me if you need any help. 

Find us on Facebook!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users