Came back to the game and it's still worthless to play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

hardy_noob #41 Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:52 AM

Senior Airman

• 1773 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

I have also came back to start playing this game after a long time. When I first started in 2015, the bots were not yet in normal mode. Even then I realized that this game is not easy and you can't master it in a few hours. However, it was very difficult to become a better pilot by doing more exercise at that time because you had to wait much longer for a game than you could actually play. When I heard of the introduction of the bots, I tried again. Thanks to the bots, you have only wait for less than two minutes and can do so much more games and learn the way of playing much faster. However, I am still a noob.

But I am enjoying the challenge of learning and mastering this game. Either one faces this challenge or one leaves it. Nobody forces me to play this game. Of course, there are problems in this game and only when one loves the game you can deal with these errors. But because it is a particularly difficult game, it has aroused my ambition, and meanwhile I love it just like the 500 other remaining game veterans who make life difficult for me every day in the battles. But I am willing to go the long way of learning.

P.S: English is not my native language. So I ask to tolerate spelling mistakes and grammar errors in my posts here and in the ingame-chat. If I make mistakes, it is not due to my lack of education. Although I visited the university in my country, I had my last English lesson 40 years ago.
I always try to find important advice on improving my pilotskills at the Newcomer's Forum. It is hard for me to translate all posts there. It is very disappointing when I must realize after the arduous translation that the post was off-topic.    

Edited by hardy_noob, 28 April 2017 - 11:14 AM.

As Yoda would say: "A long way to become a Jedi it is, but a good Padawan being helps."

Rosebud #42 Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11967 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posthardy_noob, on 28 April 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

I have also came back to start playing this game after a long time. When I first started in 2015, the bots were not yet in normal mode. Even then I realized that this game is not easy and you can't master it in a few hours. However, it was very difficult to become a better pilot by doing more exercise at that time because you had to wait much longer for a game than you could actually play. When I heard of the introduction of the bots, I tried again. Thanks to the bots, you have only wait for less than two minutes and can do so much more games and learn the way of playing much faster. However, I am still a noob.

But I am enjoying the challenge of learning and mastering this game. Either one faces this challenge or one leaves it. Nobody forces me to play this game. Of course, there are problems in this game and only when one loves the game you can deal with these errors. But because it is a particularly difficult game, it has aroused my ambition, and meanwhile I love it just like the 500 other remaining game veterans who make life difficult for me every day in the battles. But I am willing to go the long way of learning.

P.S: English is not my native language. So I ask to tolerate spelling mistakes and grammar errors in my posts here and in the ingame-chat. If I make mistakes, it is not due to my lack of education. Although I visited the university in my country, I had my last English lesson 40 years ago.
I always try to find important advice on improving my pilotskills at the Newcomer's Forum. It is hard for me to translate all posts there. It is very disappointing when I must realize after the arduous translation that the post was off-topic.    

​This guy...this is the type of player we need more of, not that Richard OP. Your English is just fine Hardy_noob, I'm far more impressed with your attitude...<o.

*Just noticed...this was my 1000th post...what no band? (sigh)

Edited by Rosebud, 28 April 2017 - 01:27 PM.

LuckyOtter #43 Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

Airman Basic

• 842 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostZapperguy, on 28 April 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

Hmm Richard, Rich, Rick, Di...

I do believe you missed the joke.

Bingo.   OP is a known troll from the WOWS forum, and all around hater of things.  Not worth the typing.

_Warchylde_ #44 Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9758 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Posthardy_noob, on 28 April 2017 - 04:52 AM, said:

^^^THIS RIGHT HERE!!!   +1

THIS is the attitude shared by all of us who suffered through the learning curve, suffered the repeated beatings by more experienced pilots, suffered the 20 & 30 game losing streaks, put in the time and effort to watch more experienced pilots in 3rd person mode after getting shot down, put in the time and effort to re-watch our replays and identify our mistakes, practice in training rooms, flight up with more experienced pilots and WORK to LEARN the game.

We earned our experience....It wasn't handed to us as a participation trophy.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

EspressoForHammy #45 Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4995 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostRounne, on 27 April 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

Lou I have a 91% win rate for 43 games in my tier 3 F3F.

He's right. The F3F is the best plane at it's tier, seconded semi-closely by the FW-57. After those two aircraft, the comparison drops VERY steeply. The F3F performs 2-5% better than the FW-57, but the FW-57 performs at LEAST 20-25% better than the closest competitor.

For most games this level of "balance" would be unacceptable, and the players would leave the game. Oh. Wait, that already happened.

The lack of balance is what caused me to leave as well, FYI. The game is crap. I like the free XP for WoT, which is the ONLY reason I still occasionally play.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Rounne #46 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View Posthardy_noob, on 28 April 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

You are very correct. It was very difficult to learn to get better at this game when you sat around in the lobby for 5-8 minuets just to be able to play a single match.

But now it is much better with the bots in that regard. I am learning boom and zoom tactics far faster and better than I did before. In WOWS playing against bots is a total joke. The bots rush at you and you just spam them down. In this game though you can actually practice tactics against bots that would also defeat normal players. So I am learning far better now than I did before.

- Content moderated

If you have language issues then watching videos can help a lot. WOWP doesn't have tons of videos that are really good. But some other game players have created great videos that also apply for the most part here. This is a video about another game, but the tactics are basically the same in this game. 

Psicko23 #47 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18528 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Posthardy_noob, on 28 April 2017 - 01:52 AM, said:

I have also came back to start playing this game after a long time. When I first started in 2015, the bots were not yet in normal mode. Even then I realized that this game is not easy and you can't master it in a few hours. 

This guy gets it. 

Rounne #48 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 28 April 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

He's right. The F3F is the best plane at it's tier, seconded semi-closely by the FW-57. After those two aircraft, the comparison drops VERY steeply. The F3F performs 2-5% better than the FW-57, but the FW-57 performs at LEAST 20-25% better than the closest competitor.

For most games this level of "balance" would be unacceptable, and the players would leave the game. Oh. Wait, that already happened.

The lack of balance is what caused me to leave as well, FYI. The game is crap. I like the free XP for WoT, which is the ONLY reason I still occasionally play.

Exactly. This guy gets it. The hard core fan boy players here simply refuse to admit the reality of the situation. In this game tons of aircraft perform far above others of even the same type and tier. The wrong argument is that it's just the players that make the difference. But other games of this type and even other games that this company makes proves that is not whole story. They have planes in this game that are literally three times better than other planes of the same tier and type. The balance in this game is horrendous. Add to that the fact that it does take skill to play this game and you have the situation that we have had here now for years, no players. 

Fix the balance of the game and the players will return and new ones will join. As well, send an email to WOT and WOWS players telling them that the 8 minuet wait times are over and you don't have to spend more time out of game than in the game. I think you will get a lot of rejoined players just when they learn of this one aspect.

Edited by Rounne, 28 April 2017 - 06:27 PM.

_Warchylde_ #49 Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9758 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostRounne, on 28 April 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

You are very correct. It was very difficult to learn to get better at this game when you sat around in the lobby for 5-8 minuets just to be able to play a single match.

But now it is much better with the bots in that regard. I am learning boom and zoom tactics far faster and better than I did before. In WOWS playing against bots is a total joke. The bots rush at you and you just spam them down. In this game though you can actually practice tactics against bots that would also defeat normal players. So I am learning far better now than I did before.

- Content Moderated

If you have language issues then watching videos can help a lot. WOWP doesn't have tons of videos that are really good. But some other game players have created great videos that also apply for the most part here. This is a video about another game, but the tactics are basically the same in this game. 

You really need to check out Rock18 and Magus_Gerhardt's  YouTube Channels.  Tips on planes, tactics, teamwork.....Magus covers it all.  

Here's the link to Magus' YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmqT1zdcUcvAC6qJCgPddA

Here's the link to Rock's YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5M0zdHHMts6XLLtoOKSrig

and to a far lesser extent, I have shared a few insights here and there in some of my videos as well:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv53Qy_o7qidyByM5NssvAA

I strongly suggest you check out Magus' channel....many of his videos are also in the Newcomers forum under the tactics and guides section.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

pyantoryng #50 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11748 battles

View PostRounne, on 28 April 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

Exactly. This guy gets it. The hard core fan boy players here simply refuse to admit the reality of the situation. In this game tons of aircraft perform far above others of even the same type and tier. The wrong argument is that it's just the players that make the difference. But other games of this type and even other games that this company makes proves that is not whole story. They have planes in this game that are literally three times better than other planes of the same tier and type. The balance in this game is horrendous. Add to that the fact that it does take skill to play this game and you have the situation that we have had here now for years, no players. 

Fix the balance of the game and the players will return and new ones will join. As well, send an email to WOT and WOWS players telling them that the 8 minuet wait times are over and you don't have to spend more time out of game than in the game. I think you will get a lot of rejoined players just when they learn of this one aspect.

It all kinda went to heck when national altitude band was introduced. Everyone kinda gave up...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

RedSpartacus #51 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17094 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostRounne, on 28 April 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

They have planes in this game that are literally three times better than other planes of the same tier and type.

Example please
  RUN WITH THE PACK

Rounne #52 Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostRedSpartacus, on 28 April 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Example please

https://na.warplanes.today/vehicles

All anyone has to do is look at the performance of the top aircraft of each tier verses the lowest aircraft of each tier. Some planes are performing 20-30% better than just the average. However, when you look at the best players in those planes it tells an even bigger story where the top players in a particular plane are performing 50% better than the average of top players in the bottom performing plane. 

So just to bring the point home to you who obviously wants to argue the pedantic technical points that a particular aircraft doesn't have a win rate three times higher than another on average is just that, pedantic. Having a plane perform 50% better win rates in the best players hands verses the worst planes of the tier show not that a plane is three times better, but TEN times better to play. 

Anyone who looks at the stats for this game will see how unbalanced it is. For you to sit there and claim that some planes are not three times better as I said is crap. Some planes are TEN times better than others. Put that in your pipe and smoke it pal!

Rosebud #53 Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11967 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRounne, on 28 April 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

What! No insults? Only rational arguments this time? My oh my, I guess I was wrong about you. I would question the argumentative weight of one guy "getting it" and would counter by saying I've shot down quite a few FW-57's and F3F's in my I-16. Is the I-16 OP? Lets say no...that leaves (in your and one others opinion) two OP planes. You are aware that you or anyone who wishes to, can play one of those two planes. Here's the little secret that eludes you. Every tier has planes that perform better then other planes, of that same tier. That's what makes the game interesting. If everyone only played exactly the same planes it would become boring and people would...(get ready for it)...leave.

You not taking the time to improve your skills or figure out which planes to choose isn't the games fault...it's yours. The truth is there are players in this game that can take the plane you think is the weakest at any tier and kick the tar out of you flying the one you think is the most OP plane of that same tier. WHY? Because you don't, didn't and with this crap attitude you have, will never improve. I'll tell you what I told the last Richard who posted brainlessly.

WE don't play down to YOUR level, YOU play up to OURS.

Edited by Rosebud, 28 April 2017 - 08:07 PM.

BB3_Oregon_Steel #54 Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Airman Basic

• 386 battles

Ok, 

I have to admit I'm always amused by "the xyz thingee is broken and it needs to be fixed."  I would love it if World of Warplanes were more active and I suppose there is a reason for that.  However, when it comes to seal clubbing comments, I have over 2,500 games in WOWS and my kill to death ratio there is nothing compared to what it is here.  Either the seal clubbers there are all the best of the best and the seal clubbers here are strictly minor league, I'm just a better pilot than I am a ship captain or the game isn't so infested with seal clubbers as you might think.

I'm not saying that you don't have any idea of what you are doing, certainly you have more overall experience than I do, however I sort of think my performance is my performance.  Other pilots are going to be better than I am, some of them will fly better planes (or if I'm flying my F2F then everybody is flying a better plane).  My challenge is to figure out how to succeed with what I have and to learn what I need to learn to be more effective.  

These things we're talking about are things we should expect just like the real life pilots of these aircraft did.  

Personally, I think anything that drives a player from this game is a bad thing.  There are far too few players around for us to be shuffling them off for no reason.  On the other hand, I think those of us who are less experienced need to understand that the playing field will not always be completely level.  Our job is to work on rising to that occasion ... or not.   

Anyway, hope things get better for you here.  

Quesnel #55 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12790 battles

View PostRounne, on 28 April 2017 - 06:26 PM, said:

The hard core fan boy players here simply refuse to admit the reality of the situation.

Nope, they not only have accepted the "reality of the situation," but remained to populate the game by adapting with the changes that are made as the game goes forward. These "hard core fan boy players" have kept their passion to fly the aircraft as introduced and adjusted by WarGaming, knowing that having a tanturn on the forums or creating multiple complaint threads based on their dislikes of the changes accomplishes very little to nothing.

One reason for those who have left is more or less because the game wasn't catering to their vision of how things should be, not what is being offered. A lot of players departed because of historically accuracy, which I have yet to find this game advertised touting this. Others still, wandered off after aircraft they were always so successful with were altered to be more inline with others in the same tier and class, removing the edge of the plane and placing more pressure on the player to compensate for the loss in....superior attributes.

But, that is just a small observation based on some of the aircraft, not mentioning a lot of other factors players have come (curious) and gone (no endgame).

Edited by Quesnel, 29 April 2017 - 01:16 AM.

Rounne #56 Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostBB3_Oregon_Steel, on 28 April 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Ok, 

I have to admit I'm always amused by "the xyz thingee is broken and it needs to be fixed."  I would love it if World of Warplanes were more active and I suppose there is a reason for that.  However, when it comes to seal clubbing comments, I have over 2,500 games in WOWS and my kill to death ratio there is nothing compared to what it is here.  Either the seal clubbers there are all the best of the best and the seal clubbers here are strictly minor league, I'm just a better pilot than I am a ship captain or the game isn't so infested with seal clubbers as you might think.

I'm not saying that you don't have any idea of what you are doing, certainly you have more overall experience than I do, however I sort of think my performance is my performance.  Other pilots are going to be better than I am, some of them will fly better planes (or if I'm flying my F2F then everybody is flying a better plane).  My challenge is to figure out how to succeed with what I have and to learn what I need to learn to be more effective.  

These things we're talking about are things we should expect just like the real life pilots of these aircraft did.  

Personally, I think anything that drives a player from this game is a bad thing.  There are far too few players around for us to be shuffling them off for no reason.  On the other hand, I think those of us who are less experienced need to understand that the playing field will not always be completely level.  Our job is to work on rising to that occasion ... or not.   

Anyway, hope things get better for you here.  

https://na.warplanes.today/vehicles

If you check this site you will see that the F2F is one of the best tier 2 planes in the game. That said, tier 2 has perhaps the most seal clubbers in the entire game. I have seen players with 3000 or more tier 2 games. 

What you need to do is simply go to a higher tier, like 3 or 4 with the F3F, I-16 (Early or Late), or the new Ki Japanese line. If you check those planes you will see that they do well. But you need to spend the money on equipment and set up the planes correctly. As well, the pilots that you use need to be 90% or higher. I never go to a new plane now without spending the 100K to up the pilot to 90% proficiency. 

http://forum.worldof...es-of-aircraft/

This link here isn't bad for basic setups for different aircraft nations and types.

But tier 2 is where players reduce speed to zero with full controls to out turn you. There is no boom and zoom tactic at tier 2 that I am aware of. So, many players who had a joystick and never wanted to learn boom and zoom or other more advanced tactics just stay there at tier 2 seal clubbing. That's about all they do. So, tier 2 is kind of crap for that. Go up to higher tiers.

Edited by Rounne, 29 April 2017 - 12:00 AM.

Psicko23 #57 Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18528 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Joysticks have nothing to do with this. A lot of joystick users like myself prefer higher tiers. I occasionally play t2 for a game or two and go back up(usually when I'm flighted with a noob). There are seal clubbers no doubt, if you have 5k battles and 4k are in t2 or lower, that's a sign. Also if the only planes that have more than 1k battles in it are t2 and lower, that's another sign. People who suck in higher tiers and don't want to lose stay in the kiddy pool. The only plane that does somewhat of a bnz at t2 is the ao192, that plane was better, but has been nerfed. Staying in t2 or 3 won't teach you about the rest off the game, but you need a foundation to work on. 

OmniWG #58 Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

Senior Airman

• 8418 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

The over all win rate of planes can be deceiving as some one shot up by a particular plane perceived as OP can research and hop into that plane only to find that it is not as easy as  the other pilot made it appear. 

Interestingly going by win rate on the NA server the TsKB I-7 is narrowly the most successful plane in the game over all time,  with Curtiss Hawk II on the RU and the Arado Ar 67 on the EU server filling that spot , all tier 2. I doubt that the I-7 is regarded as the 'best' plane in that tier, however ownership is quite restricted.

Over the past two weeks in NA the F3F and I15 rule supreme with winrates at over 72%, the F3F overall winrate is just over 51%, the I15 is just over 55%.

Obviously there are a number of factors affecting the outcome of any particular WOWP game. I was going to make a list but realised that it would be too long and pointless, suffice it to say that plane choice is one of these but in my opinion player (not necessarily crew) skill and knowledge are more important. 

Also plane choice is affected by player knowledge, however  we still make choices based on extraneous factors, I love flying the Boomerang but I know that as soon as I see the matchup, I am going to wish that I had taken the Spitfire instead. 

For myself I would prefer that the flying characteristics of the planes were based more closely on the available historical data and not be subject to nerf or buff at the developer's whim, however it is a game and one that I really enjoy playing, so will continue to do so.

Cheers Omni

Edited by OmniWG, 29 April 2017 - 03:28 AM.

Bobby_Tables #59 Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:43 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 23373 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostRosebud, on 28 April 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

What! No insults? Only rational arguments this time? My oh my, I guess I was wrong about you. I would question the argumentative weight of one guy "getting it" and would counter by saying I've shot down quite a few FW-57's and F3F's in my I-16. Is the I-16 OP? Lets say no...that leaves (in your and one others opinion) two OP planes. You are aware that you or anyone who wishes to, can play one of those two planes. Here's the little secret that eludes you. Every tier has planes that perform better then other planes, of that same tier. That's what makes the game interesting. If everyone only played exactly the same planes it would become boring and people would...(get ready for it)...leave.

You not taking the time to improve your skills or figure out which planes to choose isn't the games fault...it's yours. The truth is there are players in this game that can take the plane you think is the weakest at any tier and kick the tar out of you flying the one you think is the most OP plane of that same tier. WHY? Because you don't, didn't and with this crap attitude you have, will never improve. I'll tell you what I told the last Richard who posted brainlessly.

WE don't play down to YOUR level, YOU play up to OURS.

Daaaaammmmnnnn!  Channeling the SOJO attitude with an extra dose of sea salt and vinegar.  o7!!!  Is he on vacation?  If so, way to fill in.  

Need sexy (female, my preference) clowns however.  

Rosebud #60 Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11967 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostBobby_Tables, on 28 April 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

Daaaaammmmnnnn!  Channeling the SOJO attitude with an extra dose of sea salt and vinegar.  o7!!!  Is he on vacation?  If so, way to fill in.

Need sexy (female, my preference) clowns however.

Yea...sorry I lost my cool. Its just that this is the third poster in a row to pull this "it's to hard for me...so the game must be broken or don't kill me cause I'm learning crap." I'm more upset with the attitude then the point of their posts. I've played a lot of sports in my time (as has everyone) and I can recognize a losing attitude fairly easily. That isn't an excuse though, I should have been more lenient and tolerant...I am trying. These types just make it so hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users