Came back to the game and it's still worthless to play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

Rounne #1 Posted 27 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

WHy?

Because you have nothing but seal clubbing jack wagons in every single tier. I die in 2 seconds every single game no matter what I do. This game is garbage because it is completely overrun with jack wagons who do nothing but spam this game with every single op advantage known to man. worthless game. Completely worthless.

Edited by Rounne, 27 April 2017 - 08:03 PM.

20thCenturyLtd #2 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18196 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Sorry you can't be a superstar in just 831 games. Good luck with Candy Crush !!

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

EspressoForHammy #3 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4985 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostRounne, on 27 April 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

WHy?

Because you have nothing but seal clubbing jack wagons in every single tier. I die in 2 seconds every single game no matter what I do. This game is garbage because it is completely overrun with jack wagons who do nothing but spam this game with every single op advantage known to man. worthless game. Completely worthless.

Actually, these jack wagons only spam tier 1,2,3,4,6,8,9 and 10. They cannot find a plane that is QUITE OP enough for them in tier 5 or 7. For awhile they thought it would be the Kostikov 302, but no.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

pyantoryng #4 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:12 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles

Dying in 2 sec? Outside of a bot controlled Yak-9 it's flying straighter than arrow.

Planes don't bounce bullets nor do their modules absorb damage...hell, losing a module used to be instant kill back in the days. Which is why they don't last as long.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Jaguardian #5 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19539 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I bet if you would not have left the game and have been playing all this time learning how to play and get better......you would still suck because you have a very bad attitude.

BrushWolf #6 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10677 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostRounne, on 27 April 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

WHy?

Two seconds, it sounds like you are yolo'ing and getting spotted and focused extremely fast. Let other planes get spotted first, watch what is happening before engaging and check the attitude at the door.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Rounne #7 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostBrushWolf, on 27 April 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

Two seconds, it sounds like you are yolo'ing and getting spotted and focused extremely fast. Let other planes get spotted first, watch what is happening before engaging and check the attitude at the door.

Yes playing a heavy fighter with boom and zoom is working better for me. Getting about 2 kills on average a game now. 

Funny how none of you are mentioning the absolute bullcrap that dogfights are in this game. Some planes are performing 10% or higher win rates than others of the same tier. Why? They are completely unbalanced. If this crap was happening in WOWS those planes would have been nurfed a long time ago. 

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 27 April 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

Actually, these jack wagons only spam tier 1,2,3,4,6,8,9 and 10. They cannot find a plane that is QUITE OP enough for them in tier 5 or 7. For awhile they thought it would be the Kostikov 302, but no.

You are completely right. Some of these planes are performing 20-30% better than others of the tier. What a garbage game this is for balance. I can't believe these developers allow this crap.

Edited by Rounne, 27 April 2017 - 08:46 PM.

BuffaloTime #8 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 17538 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Jack Wagons. I think I found a name for my alt account.

Lou #9 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7400 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I'm wondering if you got shot down by a human or bot? I'll suggest going back to tiers 2-3 and relearning how to play. No offense intended, but it's much easier than the higher tiers to learn skills.

Edit: Done with this interaction.

Edited by Lou, 27 April 2017 - 09:08 PM.

Rounne #10 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

This game i swear. 

1. Rare premiums are super OP

2. Regular premiums are mostly under performing

3. Huge variance in regular tech tree plane performance for tier - as much as 20% win rate differences

4. Rear gunners practically worthless

5. Small caliber guns do almost no damage while high caliber guns do massive damage - unbalanced play

6. Bot on team suck

7. Newb mouse controls don't stand a chance against joystick players

8. mods allow players to identify other players and focus them down instead of bots

Need I go on? This game. It is no wonder why still after so many years you have to fill every single game with half bots or else it would be a 5-8 minuet wait per game again. When the hell are these developers going to wake up to the fact that this game sucks because it is completely one sided battles. The game play is crap because it isn't balanced. The mouse controls limit players who use them. etc, etc, etc, 

Rounne #11 Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostLou, on 27 April 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

I'm wondering if you got shot down by a human or bot? I'll suggest going back to tiers 2-3 and relearning how to play. No offense intended, but it's much easier than the higher tiers to learn skills.

Lou I have a 91% win rate for 43 games in my tier 3 F3F. That's better than any fighter you have ever flown for 43 games. So get the hell off your high horse pal. Yes I have a lot more to learn about this game. But that does not mean that my points are invalid. By your logic compared to my tier 3 stats, you are the one that needs to go back to tier 3.

Edited by Rounne, 27 April 2017 - 08:58 PM.

Zapperguy #12 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32568 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRounne, on 27 April 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

WHy?

You're doing something wrong. We can help you if you can handle constructive criticism & follow advice.

Do you have replays turned on? If not, load the game, go into Settings (the gear icon next to Profile, top middle of the screen), select Game and tick the box.

Now, play out a few battles. By default, your replays should be saved here C:\Users\(whatever your name is)\Videos and pick out one to upload. Go to http://www.tinyupload.com/ and follow the instructions on your screen (no account needed) and copy the created link in a response. Post the link in this thread.

We can then watch the replay and point out where you could have done things differently. This was recently done for another player in this thread: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/49019-noob-into-the-game-be-like

The biggest problem we see with new and returning players is that they don't want to listen to sound advice. They think they know a better way. Some of us have been playing this game for 5 years since alpha/beta testing. Listen to the vets and you'll turn your luck around.

I will also offer this advice:

View PostZapperguy, on 15 August 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

Here are some very basic tips:

• Learn the 4 plane types - Fighter, Multirole Fighter, Heavy Fighter, & Attack Aircraft. You need to understand their strengths and weaknesses not only when you fly them, but when you face them.
  • Don't rush up the tiers thinking a better plane will make the difference. You need to learn to walk before you can run. Take it slow and develop your skills. You'll need them at higher tiers.
  • Don't be first. First to red is usually first dead. If you lead the pack the enemy will see you first and you will have several planes attacking you at once. Hang back in the pack!!!
  • Stay with the pack. In any type of fighter, you need to stay in/very near the pack to get any support. It's easy to stray while chasing, but you have to maintain situational awareness.
  • Situational Awareness comes with experience. Know where you are, what's around you, the status of the supremacy bar, where your team is, and where the enemy is. Try not to lose track of any of it during a battle.
  • Altitude is life. With the exception of Attack Aircraft (often referred to as GAs - ground attack), starting at the top of the green band or a bit above it will give you a better chance to pounce on your prey.
  • Learn energy management. Poor energy management leads to you stuck near the ground in a fighter with no momentum or boost to improve your situation. Keep your speed up and try to save boost for escaping.
  • Don't fight over red. New players are eager to rush out into battle not paying attention to where they are on the map. Enemy AA (anti-aircraft guns) will kill you! Draw the enemy to green and let your AA help.
  • Bombs don't spoil.Don't load bombs planning to hurry up and drop them, then fight planes. You will likely die before you reach a target of value or you'll lose a ton of energy and end up low and vulnerable.
  • Don't let yourself get angry. If you do, walk away for a bit. An angry pilot makes more mistakes and just gets angrier.
  • Watch others after you die. Use the spectate option rather than going back to the hangar. Learn from both the successes and failures of others. See what they are doing differently that has them still alive.
  • Have fun. It's a game. If it becomes a source of nothing but frustration, then you're doing it wrong.

Good Luck!

:honoring:

View PostZapperguy, on 12 August 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

I have had moderate success with the latest iteration of bots following commands. You have to look at the big picture, not just use bot commands as a panic button.

To have better luck:

• You need to stay with the pack - Do Not Lead !!!  If you are in the lead, you will be the first spotted by the ENTIRE enemy team. First spotted is often the first killed.
  • Let the bots lead as you climb in the direction you want them to go. Climbing will slow your forward progress allowing some of the bots to take the lead, but they will go in the direction of a human that is with them even if he/she is not in front. Remember, multiple humans means the bots can't follow everybody if you split up. Coordinate with the humans on your team.
  • Don't use F7 preemptively! They will reply "Negative" every time, which is appropriate. F7 is "Clear my tail" - enemy are chasing you and you are in imminent danger. I only use this when I have multiple enemy chasing me. And again, you must be near/in the pack. They will not help you across the map.
  • F4 is not an effective command, save the keystroke.
  • F2 is your friend. "Coordinated attack on..." Your job before you think about using it, is to lock the enemy you want targeted. Letting the game autolock whatever is in front of you, and then pressing F2 works sometimes. But, I use "next target" in my control setup which allows me to toggle through the available targets until the one I want help with is in the little target window and the game says target locked. Then I press F2.
  • Didn't work? Were you still near the pack? How many red vs how many green were there? Were they actively engaged?  Did you answer your bots' "SOS" cries? If your bots are right on an enemy bot's tail or have an enemy bot chasing them, they won't break off to help you attack a different plane. You have to be aware of the bots' situation as well as your own. They are your teammates, such as it is.
  • Situational awareness is something that comes with experience in this game, continually improving over time (if you're doing it right). Don't get target-focused and lose track of both where you are on the map and where the enemy and your team are.  It can happen to anyone but newer players are the most susceptible.
  • Finally, if you are near the ground and your team is at altitude fighting above you, then they generally won't break off making themselves easy targets as they dive to help you. 
  • If you are in a GA being attacked by another GA at the start, bots won't come down for you, but you shouldn't really need them to.

Good luck. Hope some of these tips help.

:honoring:

Edited by Zapperguy, 27 April 2017 - 09:20 PM.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

losttwo #13 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

:izmena:                            

It's not the game.....

:facepalm:

When you are pointing fingers at something to place blame, pay attention. There are 3 fingers pointing back. at you,

Psicko23 #14 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18527 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Lol, Lou would tear you up in any tier. Lou learned how to play before bots. You are right, it's not the best game. However just because you lack experience or skill doesn't mean the game sucks. 43 battles with bots is a lot different than 43 battles before bots. You have less than 1k battles, you still have lots to learn. Either you want to learn and do it,or quit again. It's up to you. 

Zapperguy #15 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32568 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRounne, on 27 April 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

Lou I have a 91% win rate for 43 games in my tier 3 F3F. That's better than any fighter you have ever flown for 43 games. So get the hell off your high horse pal. Yes I have a lot more to learn about this game. But that does not mean that my points are invalid. By your logic compared to my tier 3 stats, you are the one that needs to go back to tier 3.

This is a pretty rude way to respond to someone offering a suggestion. Don't attack others because you're having a hard time. That's a great way to be remembered... and head-hunted later.

Rounne #16 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 27 April 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

The biggest problem we see with new and returning players is that they don't want to listen to sound advice. They think they know a better way. Some of us have been playing this game for 5 years since alpha/beta testing. Listen to the vets and you'll turn your luck around.

Of course I am doing things wrong. That was not my point. Hey lets wake the hell up here folks to a basic reality that none of you want's to admit.

This Game is STILL Dead

Last night there were 125 players total on the server. The only NA server cluster. And you are going to sit there, all of you, and say that I just need to learn to play the game? Wake the hell up! This game has TONS of balance issues and if you really gave a damn about this game then you would bother to open your damn mouths and talk about them so that they fix them. 

Stop this bullcrap of just shouting down anyone who isn't doing well in this game. Because this game has tons of issues that any look at the statistics will point out. 

Rounne #17 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1078 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 27 April 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Lol, Lou would tear you up in any tier. Lou learned how to play before bots. You are right, it's not the best game. However just because you lack experience or skill doesn't mean the game sucks. 43 battles with bots is a lot different than 43 battles before bots. You have less than 1k battles, you still have lots to learn. Either you want to learn and do it,or quit again. It's up to you. 

Wise guy, I am a returning player. Most of those games were before bots. That is why I only had 800 games on my account. Because you had to sit for 5-8 damn minuets just waiting for a 2 minuet game. I never claimed that I was a better player than anyone here. But his logic that going back to low tiers is somehow going to help me is crap logic completely. That was what I was pointing out.

Edited by Rounne, 27 April 2017 - 09:23 PM.

Zapperguy #18 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32568 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRounne, on 27 April 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Of course I am doing things wrong. That was not my point. Hey lets wake the hell up here folks to a basic reality that none of you want's to admit.

This Game is STILL Dead

Last night there were 125 players total on the server. The only NA server cluster. And you are going to sit there, all of you, and say that I just need to learn to play the game? Wake the hell up! This game has TONS of balance issues and if you really gave a damn about this game then you would bother to open your damn mouths and talk about them so that they fix them. 

Stop this bullcrap of just shouting down anyone who isn't doing well in this game. Because this game has tons of issues that any look at the statistics will point out. 

If you are dying right away, then yes, you need to learn how to play the game. I'm not sure you should bother with the replays as you clearly cannot take constructive criticism.

Psicko23 #19 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18527 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
 We offer the help needed for people who want help. Since we have a lot more battles than you, of course we know there are issues. Here is the thing. No one from Persha or war gaming cares, except Ghost prime. They don't listen to us. You are not telling us anything we don't know. If you want help and can take criticism, we can help. Trust me, we all want this game to be better but our voices are being ignored.

Steel_bomber_ #20 Posted 27 April 2017 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15683 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Maybe your first post could have been:

I need help to learn the game, I need advice. 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users