Jump to content


Wargaming.net Game Center is Coming!


  • Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #141 Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • 9,469
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I can't speak for our resident millenial, but when I get a flat tire, the first thing I do i check for a puncture, not sue the car manufacturer for a faulty product.

 

"I drove the same way home today as I do every day, so it cant be the road, the tire must be defective"

 

LOL...  kids these days.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 22 May 2017 - 01:58 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #142 Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:45 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1178 battles
  • 4,735
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014
... would those be snow tyres? maybe that's your problem... I dunno...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


DeathLord1969 #143 Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:03 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44 battles
  • 177
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View PostChuck_norris10, on 22 May 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

I wasn't the only one with the problem,most just gave up and left after getting the same answer that it is their rig.

The game ran fine,went to work for 3 weeks and logged in and played a few no prob.Then d.loaded the launcher and now I got triple the ping and it fluctuates bad enough to cause the disconnect.You dont have to be a tech to know this is not on my end so why should I be responsible to find out what their mistakes are as they obviously cant figure it out for themselves and like I said,they deleted the majority of threads about this on ships forum also.

Maybe I'll try again in a few months but I wasted enough time and money(close to 2 grand) the last few years and it just keeps getting worse.

Their responce to all the initial complaints was to delet and ignore the persons post about the issue so that's how seriously they take their paying customers.

Been a slice fellas and gals.

Zig

 

Why are you so damn adamant that it can't possibly be a bad node between you & the server? Since you refuse to run pingplotter, you have no damn clue if it is or not!

Thus, you can never get it fixed. Good luck with your closed mind!



MARS_REVENANT #144 Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • 9,469
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 22 May 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

... would those be snow tyres? maybe that's your problem... I dunno...

 

Definetly a softer compound involved.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Bubba_Zanetti #145 Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4725 battles
  • 2,396
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 22 May 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

I can't speak for our resident millenial, but when I get a flat tire, the first thing I do i check for a puncture, not sue the car manufacturer for a faulty product.

 

"I drove the same way home today as I do every day, so it cant be the road, the tire must be defective"

 

LOL...  kids these days.

 

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 22 May 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

... would those be snow tyres? maybe that's your problem... I dunno...

 

I got a good deal on a new set of Uniroyal Tigerpaws for my 2010 Malibu last month before swapping the Winter set I bought last fall for her.  Previous wheels balding and one had a slipped belt, so I was vibrating galore whenever over 80kms.  Waiting for my $40 rebate now!  That'll pay for 3/4 of a tank of petrol...

 

This reminds me, I found a screw  in my slightly worn winters that I had to remove and plug...think I'll go after Brafasco!

 

 


Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 22 May 2017 - 04:47 PM.

 

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco  “It's the game.  And your signature is long enough to choke a horse. I thought mine was too large.”- SkyWolf_WM


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #146 Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:22 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1178 battles
  • 4,735
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 22 May 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

 

 

I got a good deal on a new set of Uniroyal Tigerpaws for my 2010 Malibu last month before swapping the Winter set I bought last fall for her.  Previous wheels balding and one had a slipped belt, so I was vibrating galore whenever over 80kms.  Waiting for my $40 rebate now!  That'll pay for 3/4 of a tank of petrol...

 

 

 

 

you'll be sorry if you fix it... some ppl just don't understand the simple pleasures in life

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Chuck_norris10 #147 Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

So the games broke for a lot of people and you folks think WG is not responsible? Interesting,do you blame society because your kids grew up to be snowflakes too?

 

As far as analogies go,you don't really understand what one is obviously as evidenced by what you think is one as well as your fanbois.


 

 


 

Bubba_Zanetti #148 Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4725 battles
  • 2,396
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 May 2017 - 08:34 AM, said:

So the games broke for a lot of people and you folks think WG is not responsible? Interesting,do you blame society because your kids grew up to be snowflakes too?

 

As far as analogies go,you don't really understand what one is obviously as evidenced by what you think is one as well as your fanbois.

 

Blame Microsoft/Bill Gates, and darpa.   Maybe Ted Rogers and Alexander Bell while we're at it.  And that moth that died in the core memory or vacuum tube.  Too bad it wasn't a worm or mouse.  Then we'd be saying "Our software is too wormy to ship", or "fix those mammals WG before releasing a common launcher!"

 

I'm amazed anything works with the spaghetti code out there and multiple vendors.  Should send all these "coders" back to skewl to learn machine language, not this object oriented crap.  MOV, POP, JMP!

 


 

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises”& WarMagic the Scattering- Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash. - xPALEHORSEx  They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now. - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe  You put the bombsite behind a lock until you get specialist for your bombers? That's just stupid. - comtedumas  claiming victory by fixing your own problems isn't victory, it's low brow chicanery.- TheMadPizzler  Flying games generally don't have broad appeal, and this one has issues and the company tends to pour gasoline those issues, not fix them - _Laserguided_   “I go to RU and (rhymes with git) all over dumb Slavs to express my rage.” - Rando CA  If you want to sell someone a car, you let them take it for a test drive, you don't run them over with it. - Blast_Radius1  My quote + Your signature + Please = Thank You- Prenzlau  Feelings aren't stats, now shut up and go eat tide pods” - Noreaga  “The player online count was removed October 2017 and we don't have plans to return this number to be displayed. That is the decision of the developers team.”- blindfold  After a While it Becomes Tiresome (07.06.15)” - MALICE_AT_BIRTH  “Yes, we can have a place to report all the bugs and then watch as they all get ignored for 6 months” - Gang_Starr █ SonicPariah and blindfold might be listening to us, and sending our ideas along, but Persha sure isn't getting the message.” - CorvusCorvax  They just go on inventing new not-asked-for stuff before fixing what people clearly don't like ...”- GonerNL █ There is a difference between arcade and this roll your face on the keyboard simulator” - Fog_Heavy_Cruiser_Chokai  “The real question of the day: Is there room for one more quote in Bubba‘s signature? I certainly hope so.”- MelBrooks  They had to make some space for your signature” - Marsco  “It's the game.  And your signature is long enough to choke a horse. I thought mine was too large.”- SkyWolf_WM


Chuck_norris10 #149 Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 27 May 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

 

Blame Microsoft/Bill Gates, and darpa.   Maybe Ted Rogers and Alexander Bell while we're at it.  And that moth that died in the core memory or vacuum tube.  Too bad it wasn't a worm or mouse.  Then we'd be saying "Our software is too wormy to ship", or "fix those mammals WG before releasing a common launcher!"

 

I'm amazed anything works with the spaghetti code out there and multiple vendors.  Should send all these "coders" back to skewl to learn machine language, not this object oriented crap.  MOV, POP, JMP!

 

 

I ruled out everything on my side the last 2 weeks and through the process of elimination I know there is nothing wrong with my system or my internet speed so......Guess who that leaves?

Problems started the minute I clicked that launcher and I even deleted my ships and tanks game from my computer to see if it helped but to no avail.

I run the other game  flawlessly and at 30 ping.


 

 


 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #150 Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1178 battles
  • 4,735
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 27 May 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

 

Blame Microsoft/Bill Gates, and darpa.   Maybe Ted Rogers and Alexander Bell while we're at it.  And that moth that died in the core memory or vacuum tube.  Too bad it wasn't a worm or mouse.  Then we'd be saying "Our software is too wormy to ship", or "fix those mammals WG before releasing a common launcher!"

 

I'm amazed anything works with the spaghetti code out there and multiple vendors.  Should send all these "coders" back to skewl to learn machine language, not this object oriented crap.  MOV, POP, JMP!

 

 

Spaghetti Falena with Fave e cicoria and a nice chianti... mmm, nice

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


Johnny_Cyclone #151 Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

    Senior Airman

  • Member
  • 10 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    09-23-2013

Is Game center still jacked?

 

Haven't played since April because of the required game center login.

 

My weekend is free to game some, so thought I'd check back in.

I won't be loading it in if there is a chance I  haft'a do a bunch of IT stuff just to get a game to run.

 

Passed on a nice plane bundle since I didn't know if the game would.... nevermind, I'll check back next month.

I have other titles to game on that don't require a "click and pray" that it works log in.

 

Is this Game Center force feed affecting player base turn out weekends at all?

I guess what I mean is, are there enough players on WoP to make the games anything but one or two player bot battles?


Edited by Johnny_Cyclone, 27 May 2017 - 04:06 PM.


Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #152 Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 1178 battles
  • 4,735
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

I personally have no problem with game center, but for others it can be quite taxing...

so... works fine for me and until it gives me any problems then it's everyone else's problem


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


MARS_REVENANT #153 Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:29 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • 9,469
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostJohnny_Cyclone, on 27 May 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Is Game center still jacked?

 

Haven't played since April because of the required game center login.

 

My weekend is free to game some, so thought I'd check back in.

I won't be loading it in if there is a chance I  haft'a do a bunch of IT stuff just to get a game to run.

 

Passed on a nice plane bundle since I didn't know if the game would.... nevermind, I'll check back next month.

I have other titles to game on that don't require a "click and pray" that it works log in.

 

Is this Game Center force feed affecting player base turn out weekends at all?

I guess what I mean is, are there enough players on WoP to make the games anything but one or two player bot battles?

 

1 or 2 people are having issues with it. Majority is fine.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Jaguardian #154 Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:49 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 972
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 May 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

 

I ruled out everything on my side the last 2 weeks and through the process of elimination I know there is nothing wrong with my system or my internet speed so......Guess who that leaves?

Problems started the minute I clicked that launcher and I even deleted my ships and tanks game from my computer to see if it helped but to no avail.

I run the other game  flawlessly and at 30 ping.

 

Using your logic, I have the launcher installed on my system and it runs perfectly fine, so the problem must be on your end.  If in fact it was WG's issue, it would effect every single one of us.  Pull your head out of your rear and listen to yourself and the people giving advice.  Just because your internet works to everywhere else does not mean it doesn't have an issue getting to WG's server.  Last I checked the entire internet is not housed at the same location the WG servers are.  Just run the damn ping plotter or take your own advice and stop coming to the forums anymore if you no longer play the game.

DeathLord1969 #155 Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44 battles
  • 177
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 May 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

 

I ruled out everything on my side

 

Yet refuse to run pingplotter to see if there's a bad node between you & the servers causing your ping/latency/etc issues.

 



Chuck_norris10 #156 Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostJaguardian, on 27 May 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

 

Using your logic, I have the launcher installed on my system and it runs perfectly fine, so the problem must be on your end.  If in fact it was WG's issue, it would effect every single one of us.  Pull your head out of your rear and listen to yourself and the people giving advice.  Just because your internet works to everywhere else does not mean it doesn't have an issue getting to WG's server.  Last I checked the entire internet is not housed at the same location the WG servers are.  Just run the damn ping plotter or take your own advice and stop coming to the forums anymore if you no longer play the game.

 

No,it's a compatibility with some peoples computers all of a sudden and you would know this if you followed the threads about it.

My computers fine bud and this gamer ONLY has wowp on it,no mail,no nothing,I have 4 other pc's for that.

Ran flawlessly for over 20,000 matches and then I clicked the launcher and that was it.

Maybe read up a bit before commenting on something you have no clue about.


 

 


 

Chuck_norris10 #157 Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:23 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostDeathLord1969, on 27 May 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

 

Yet refuse to run pingplotter to see if there's a bad node between you & the servers causing your ping/latency/etc issues.

 

 

If there is then it isnt my problem is it? Why should I waste my time diagnosing their problems?

The other flight game runs fine,just like this one did before that day.

It's not just one or two people,this has been discussed at length on both forums and on in game chat,I just have more patience then most as they just gave up and left.

 


 

 


 

MARS_REVENANT #158 Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5674 battles
  • 9,469
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 May 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

 

If there is then it isnt my problem is it? Why should I waste my time diagnosing their problems?

The other flight game runs fine,just like this one did before that day.

It's not just one or two people,this has been discussed at length on both forums and on in game chat,I just have more patience then most as they just gave up and left.

 

 

LOL... he doesn't know what a node is, and thinks it is still a WG problem. LMBO.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 27 May 2017 - 09:51 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


DeathLord1969 #159 Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 44 battles
  • 177
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View PostChuck_norris10, on 27 May 2017 - 04:23 PM, said:

 

If there is then it isnt my problem is it? Why should I waste my time diagnosing their problems?

The other flight game runs fine,just like this one did before that day.

It's not just one or two people,this has been discussed at length on both forums and on in game chat,I just have more patience then most as they just gave up and left.

 

 

The other flight game won't be taking the same route from your machine to the servers in the first place. Which means, that game would not be affected by a troublesome node along the way.

As I stated before, IF you would run pingplotter and find a bad node, you could then let WG know as there may be others with the same issue. That is NOT something WG can do. THEY cannot do a traceroute/pingplotter from your system. ONLY YOU can do that. But since you can't be bothered to try & add more info to get this resolved, then you are part of the problem.

You REALLY don't have a clue do you.

IF there is a bad node somewhere, how in the flying F is that WG's problem when they do not own/rent said node or any nodes between you & their servers? They rent/own the servers they use, they do NOT rent/own anything beyond that!


Edited by DeathLord1969, 27 May 2017 - 10:09 PM.


Chuck_norris10 #160 Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2207 battles
  • 6,374
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

I weighed the options in two hands today,in one hand is me sitting here running pingplotter and doing a bunch of other things to figure out why some of us cant play and in the other hand is me sitting on my deck with probably one of the nicest views of the rocky mountains In southern Canada soaking up some rays and enjoying the fragrance of the $400.00 worth of hanging baskets I just got from the greenhouse while drinking beer and bbqing a steak because that's what old pipeliners do when they have not been home for years....we build flowers,drink beer and sit on our decks.

 

If I want to fly I will fire up the other game,it has zero problems and 37 max ping.

 

Thanks to the guys like Ace and a few others that actually gave me some tips to try and I did,for those of you with only insults,your immaturity on the forums is probably why no one asks anymore when things go sideways.

Some of you have anger issues,time on a deck with babes and beers will cure you.

Zig out.

 


 

 


 




3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users