Jump to content


Wargaming.net Game Center is Coming!


  • Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #181 Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Member
  • 762 battles
  • 7,851
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDeathLord1969, on 28 May 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

Match count has ZERO to do with knowing about routes, nodes etc. Something you don't seem to have any knowledge about.

WT takes a very different route from your PC to their servers than the route taken from your PC to the WG servers. They are not the same by any means. But someone with your claimed knowledge would know that's how things work.

Ok, so you have 20k battles and only rocket kills to show for it. Good job......

 

Keep taking pot shots, it's really all you are good at and it has no merit on anything here.

The game was dead long before wgc came to fruition. Just "some" people didn't pay attention.....

 

I have 1 question for you, do you believe that stupid can be fixed? Y or N?  If Y, please proceed with posts trying to help.  If N, then, just walk away.  Everyone here knows the kind of person  chuckles is.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

 

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


DeathLord1969 #182 Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:53 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 158
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 28 May 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

 

I have 1 question for you, do you believe that stupid can be fixed? Y or N?  If Y, please proceed with posts trying to help.  If N, then, just walk away.  Everyone here knows the kind of person  chuckles is.

 

Only if they want to be fixed. But clearly this kid lives in a world of his own mind.

Chuck_norris10 #183 Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:25 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostDeathLord1969, on 28 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

Match count has ZERO to do with knowing about routes, nodes etc. Something you don't seem to have any knowledge about.

WT takes a very different route from your PC to their servers than the route taken from your PC to the WG servers. They are not the same by any means. But someone with your claimed knowledge would know that's how things work.

Ok, so you have 20k battles and only rocket kills to show for it. Good job......

 

Keep taking pot shots, it's really all you are good at and it has no merit on anything here.

The game was dead long before wgc came to fruition. Just "some" people didn't pay attention.....

 

Let me tell you something about life in the real world,the games a failure as far as games go,that's when they cost cut and if it means cheaping out on a server then their doing what they have to do hoping no one will notice and their not going to tell you,just a noob plebe.

I imagine the devs are under the gun to make this game pay and I feel for them but for now....was a cool couple of years.

500 players at prime time just wont cut it in the gaming world.

 


 

 


 

DeathLord1969 #184 Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 158
  • Member since:
    12-09-2014

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 May 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

 

Let me tell you something about life in the real world,the games a failure as far as games go,that's when they cost cut and if it means cheaping out on a server then their doing what they have to do hoping no one will notice and their not going to tell you,just a noob plebe.

I imagine the devs are under the gun to make this game pay and I feel for them but for now....was a cool couple of years.

500 players at prime time just wont cut it in the gaming world.

 

 

You do realize that the wowp server is at the same server farm as the other servers right? It wouldn't be smart to get a separate cheaper server for wowp alone when they already have a full server at their disposal.

Jaguardian #185 Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 1 battle
  • 969
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Have you tried to simply close out the WG game center after you are in planes or do you leave it running?

_Laserguided_ #186 Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4,069
  • Member since:
    04-29-2013

View PostChuck_norris10, on 28 May 2017 - 05:31 AM, said:

 

I was interpreting source code and writing my own a long time before I got the p2 and in fact my first system was an atari 600XL and thats what I learned on,your probably too young to even have turned on the power to one of those systems so I dont expect you to understand.

I got in a bit of trouble 2 decades ago for hacking peoples web index files and changing the HTML on them for giggles so bud........carry on,so far  the other game(the competition) is 100% stable and runs like a charm and I'll stick with it or one of my dozen other flight games that run no problem.

You hold down the fort,insult anyone not in your old boys club and see how well this game does.

I spent over 2 grand on this game according to my pay pal receipt history and in their rush to get more players with a unified launcher they lost more then just me as a paying customer.

4 times as many battles as you....how much have you spent on this game?

I wont recommend this game to anyone anymore and I did my best to promote it.I would sell my account and planes and gold in the blink of an eye if it was legal.

later,the Harley and open road is calling.

zig

 

 

 I was helping to put together computers in the early 80's while in high school.  I've had my own domain site for almost two decades... Was running game servers in the Doom era and aphla tested the first three Quake games, as well all the Battlefield through #4

 

I figured the game was done about 3000 battles into it and only played another 1000 in order to use most of the 150,000 in gold I had won here to buy tanks. Now I have 22 T10 Tanks and don't have to play against bots. 



Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars


_Laserguided_ #187 Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 4,069
  • Member since:
    04-29-2013

View PostDeathLord1969, on 28 May 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

 

You do realize that the wowp server is at the same server farm as the other servers right? It wouldn't be smart to get a separate cheaper server for wowp alone when they already have a full server at their disposal.

 

The "NET MASTER" knows all... :P


Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars


pyantoryng #188 Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 473 battles
  • 6,698
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

http://forum.worldof...update/#topmost

 

Apparently WGC can uninstall games on its own...:facepalm:


Edited by pyantoryng, 07 June 2017 - 03:25 PM.


WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

arrrgh #189 Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:37 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 401 battles
  • 393
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

So, Wargaming center, WGC, is installing yet another update. 
- It updates more often than the actual games.   I guess, if I were not already worried about WGC, that could be a good thing.
- The update appears to be very large, at least, its taking a long time to download.    
- Why on earth is this needed for a simple wrapper?  
- What is this program doing.  
- Why do multiple people report it as malware?  
- Why does it kill my network performance when its running?
http://forum.worldof..._st__20#topmost


In theory, a central launcher would be great.  Especially as its the only way to see news about the titles in a simple, readable chronological list.   Rather than the plague that is the way WG has designed their websites.     But, even to get news, this is just too suspicious and problematic. 



 


Edited by arrrgh, 04 July 2017 - 07:07 PM.


Chuck_norris10 #190 Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostDeathLord1969, on 28 May 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

 

You do realize that the wowp server is at the same server farm as the other servers right? It wouldn't be smart to get a separate cheaper server for wowp alone when they already have a full server at their disposal.

 

They use more then one server in NA.

I have checked out every IP on every hop and at least 4 hops have ip's that WG does their business with.The last hop is the one that matters most and it is in the red most times on ping plotter. No change either with the WG launcher shut down.

 

Funny thing is when I googled the ip's that caused the PL I got nothing but topics on tanks and ships forums about this exact same problem on the exact same servers. 4 pages on google about nothing but the lag they cause.

Some very interesting reading there and a few guys actually figured it out but I think they just locked the topics and most of the people trying to fix it gave up and left.

 

350 players on right now....on a holiday.

I hate to see the game hit the skids but it's on a fast track there with these numbers.

 


Edited by Chuck_norris10, 04 July 2017 - 06:56 PM.

 

 


 

Noreaga #191 Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:05 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,875
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

hey all,

 

anyone else having a problem with game center killing the network connection. finally got it all updated but as im downloading the patch for WOWP, my connection to my DNS server failed. Wifi still worked so did the other computer on wires. Only my gaming computer lost connectivity to my internal and the external network.

 

Tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter and same problem, Had to reset the computer and the network for it to start working.

 

Ive been playing other games and havent had a disconnect once in months, it all started (again) when i tried to use a WG product.

 

ill try to re-create but wasting another hour of my two hours of game time isn't really something i want to be doing.


Nimis obnoxii curare


Chuck_norris10 #192 Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View PostNoreaga, on 05 July 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

hey all,

 

anyone else having a problem with game center killing the network connection. finally got it all updated but as im downloading the patch for WOWP, my connection to my DNS server failed. Wifi still worked so did the other computer on wires. Only my gaming computer lost connectivity to my internal and the external network.

 

Tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter and same problem, Had to reset the computer and the network for it to start working.

 

Ive been playing other games and havent had a disconnect once in months, it all started (again) when i tried to use a WG product.

 

ill try to re-create but wasting another hour of my two hours of game time isn't really something i want to be doing.

 

I could probably get you playing if you finally got the game updated as I spent many hours trying to figure this out but you will probably have a ping over 120 and steady packet loss of 50% which can be good for an ace or getting killed right off the bat.

If your ping is good at the time it's a feeding frenzy for you.

If no one else helps shoot me a pm in the morning.

Hate to see a brother not able to fly and I'm learning how to fly at 4 times the ping and 50% packet loss now as it seems like the norm.

 


 

 


 

arrrgh #193 Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 401 battles
  • 393
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostNoreaga, on 05 July 2017 - 04:05 PM, said:

hey all,

 

anyone else having a problem with game center killing the network connection. finally got it all updated but as im downloading the patch for WOWP, my connection to my DNS server failed. Wifi still worked so did the other computer on wires. Only my gaming computer lost connectivity to my internal and the external network.

 

Tried disabling and re-enabling the adapter and same problem, Had to reset the computer and the network for it to start working.

 

Ive been playing other games and havent had a disconnect once in months, it all started (again) when i tried to use a WG product.

 

ill try to re-create but wasting another hour of my two hours of game time isn't really something i want to be doing.

 

Yup, kill WGC, war gaming center with your task manager, and your ping should be fixed.    Create a new shortcut to run the games directly off the exe for that game.   Only use the game center for patches. 

Chuck_norris10 #194 Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • 5,288
  • [300SP] 300SP
  • Member since:
    03-02-2013

View Postarrrgh, on 05 July 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

 

Yup, kill WGC, war gaming center with your task manager, and your ping should be fixed.    Create a new shortcut to run the games directly off the exe for that game.   Only use the game center for patches. 

 

Ping quadrupled for me since the last patch and I imagine a lot others too now.

Tonight I'm getting tired of apologizing to my team mates because I cant even fire a shot before rubber banding and 100% packet loss occurs.

Thing is they all say they have the same problem..

240 players on right now,220 last night and 120 on this morning.

Max players I have seen on the last 2 weeks is 400.

They need to fix this before they do any events unless it's only the 200 or so that can play that they are concerned with.

 

256 players on right now,need I say more?

EDIT-246

This will drop as most are also experiencing packet loss and wg couldnt give a shi*.

Stick a fork in it Jim....it's done.

 

12:36am -212 players

 

 


Edited by Chuck_norris10, 06 July 2017 - 06:37 AM.

 

 


 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users