• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:28 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello Pilots!

On April 27, 02:00 PT (05:00 ET) we're taking a one-way trip to swap your old planes, ships and tanks launchers for our new Wargaming.net Game Center, a launcher that lets you keep all your Wargaming games in one place! Navigate game news and dynamite deals with ease as you switch between air, sea and land combat and keep your forces on the advance! 

News Link Here

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:31 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
Awesome! :great:

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Bobby_Tables #3 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Malwarebytes totally hates the Wargaming.net Game Center.  Views the incoming update requests, etc. as malicious.  I tried trusting all the WG URLs, but it still throws violations.  

Just FYI, but if you see Malwarebytes issues, it's probably OK, or if you choose to ignore or whatnot, it does not seem to affect game play.  

MelBrooks #4 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 April 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Malwarebytes totally hates the Wargaming.net Game Center.  Views the incoming update requests, etc. as malicious.  I tried trusting all the WG URLs, but it still throws violations.  

Just FYI, but if you see Malwarebytes issues, it's probably OK, or if you choose to ignore or whatnot, it does not seem to affect game play.  

Can confirm. Malwarebytes hates the new center. Tries to block everything.

TeamTerrible #5 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Lost count of how many people have had issues with this .....

I avoided it outright mostly because I don't play Tanks or Warships and have no need for it

and its patch time and we all know WG likes to update and hide so here's the Warplanes download 

Attached Files

cd169 #6 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles

Does this mean we will be forced to use the Game Center?  I just uninstalled it after it blew up my install of WoWP.  I won't be reinstalling it.

cddlbunny0 #7 Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
I have found that when you connect to the internet and open the download centre, it keeps stating that you are not connected to the internet and to try again. When the refresh button is pushed then it decides to connect and download the content. It is a good idea, but they need to do some work on the bugs. It does seem to be updating itself a lot lately. Is that for the new content for the games?

gerr22 #8 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
HELP update time runtime error 217 at 05af3259 when you press ok it says runtime error ( at744:667) could not call proc will not load further cannot play

_Old_Bear_ #9 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

Unable to install

Kingwicked101 #10 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 118 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

I keep the Game Center page updated but refrain from the use thereof - I enter the game file and launch game from there.

If the Game Center page is not up to date - it will not allow one to launch the game without the required update.

_Old_Bear_ #11 Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14 battles
  • [_EFF_] _EFF_

In fact I am unable to install the launcher.

The installation appears as a blank icon in the task bar, then switch off after some seconds.

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #12 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post_Old_Bear_, on 27 April 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

The installation appears as a blank icon in the task bar, then switch off after some seconds.

I'm getting the exact same behavior...

- Content Moderated

You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

GouIdy #13 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles
We are being forced to be WG guinea pigs for the new game center, WOT doesn't require the use of it & it should be our choice to use it or not.

pyantoryng #14 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 27 April 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

We are being forced to be WG guinea pigs for the new game center, WOT doesn't require the use of it & it should be our choice to use it or not.

What can ~300 of us do?

Just think of the uproar it will cause if the same is done to Tanks and Ships...or perhaps it is on the way...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

_Warchylde_ #15 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 April 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Both Norton and McAfee also do not like the new Game Center.

I've had problems with it since it was introduced during the most recent CT testing session.

I now simply set up shortcuts on my desktop pointing to the Application files inside the game folders. (one for EU Server, and another for NA Server).

Apparently you now MUST use the Game Center to update.  But as far as running the game through the Game Center, that ship has already sailed, and I shan't be doing so again.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zapperguy #16 Posted 27 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostKingwicked101, on 27 April 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

I keep the Game Center page updated but refrain from the use thereof - I enter the game file and launch game from there.

If the Game Center page is not up to date - it will not allow one to launch the game without the required update.

This ^^

Once you get the Game Center installed, it will update all of your WG titles.

1. After everything is updated, close the Game Center (using the X in the upper right isn't enough, kill it in your taskbar as well).
  2. Clear your cache. How? Save this .bat file to your desktop and simply double click it with the game not running and your cache is cleared. Clear Wargaming Cache .Bat file
  3. (optional for mod users only) If you use mods effected by the cacheddb.bin file, check for it and delete or rename it.

Create a desktop shortcut with the following as the target: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\WorldOfWarplanes.exe   Start in: C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes

Use the new shortcut to start the game and bypass the Game Center. As King stated, if you aren't the same version as the server, it won't let you on and will give you a message telling you as much. Simply run the Game Center for updates then repeat steps 1-3. The shortcut you made will continue to work without invoking the Game Center as long as the game is updated.

:honoring:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

Bobby_Tables #17 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Post_Old_Bear_, on 27 April 2017 - 05:46 AM, said:

Exact same issue.  Last time around I was able to install from the downloaded file by running as administrator.  This time around, nothing I will do (including booting into safe mode with networking) will allow me to install.  

I get a blank icon in my task bar that disappears after a few seconds.  After that, nothing happens.  I uninstalled WOWP altogether and I cannot even run the full game installer, same results.  

Thanks WG!  Pretty much par for the course.  

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #18 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ok, I found a workaround for Windows 10. I had to use this compatibility mode to get the install to work: " Windows compatibility mode: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)User Account Control:  Run as administrator"

- Content Moderated

You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

gerr22 #19 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 290 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ

who is playing already

vamp_13 #20 Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 3 battles
 NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO F*****G WAY! NO GAME CENTER!! its BAD IDEA and now implimented MORE worthless then originally thought AND fulla bugs n broken SCREW GAME CENTER! remove it and leave things as it was befor or lose paying customers by the droves!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users