Ramming = Instant Death for BOTH Planes

ramming

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Ramming (39 members have cast votes)

Should ramming another plane result in both aircraft being destroyed in-game?

1. Yes. (9 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

2. No. (30 votes [76.92%])

Percentage of vote: 76.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

AnzacA1 #1 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles
Does anyone else here agree that if you ram an enemy plane, it should instantly kill both of you? Because whenever that happened between 2 similarly-sized aircraft in WWII, both planes always went down. It's so stupid that you can basically fly through another plane and survive.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostAnzacA1, on 25 April 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Does anyone else here agree that if you ram an enemy plane, it should instantly kill both of you? Because whenever that happened between 2 similarly-sized aircraft in WWII, both planes always went down. It's so stupid that you can basically fly through another plane and survive.

Do you agree that a plane with 1 hit point left should be able to take out someone else with 100% health, when sneezing on them would kill them?  Do you agree that putting all your bullets into an enemy cockpit doesn't instantly kill the pilot?

We used to have the ramming mechanics this way believe it or not.  I think it was removed tdu to abuse by non-skilled players that didn't know how to dogfight just using their planes as weapons and going 1 for 1 battle after battle.

I agree, that the game doesn't match real life in this respect, but it also doesn't match real life in a lot of other ways as well.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

DrSinister #3 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 25 April 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Do you agree that a plane with 1 hit point left should be able to take out someone else with 100% health, when sneezing on them would kill them?  Do you agree that putting all your bullets into an enemy cockpit doesn't instantly kill the pilot?

We used to have the ramming mechanics this way believe it or not.  I think it was removed tdu to abuse by non-skilled players that didn't know how to dogfight just using their planes as weapons and going 1 for 1 battle after battle.

I agree, that the game doesn't match real life in this respect, but it also doesn't match real life in a lot of other ways as well.

Ahh miss those days.  Should also bring back non Ghosting Wreckage.  

New Mod Pak for 2.0 is Coming with new Website.

BrushWolf #4 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:49 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostDrSinister, on 25 April 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Ahh miss those days.  Should also bring back non Ghosting Wreckage.  

I would only be in favor of this if destroyed planes didn't instantly become ghosts to stop the overly gamey prop chop.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Psicko23 #5 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I think there should be a change, but not to the extent of ram=death for both. Usually those who want ramming to equal death are those who either don't understand how to move out of the way of a ram, or is someone trying to use that as a skill to kill the other pilot by taking both out. Before they changed it, it would suck being in a full health ga and getting rammed by someone who has 5 hit points left.

I think they need to change it to whatever hit points you have left on your plane will equal the amount of hit points taken out of the enemy you ram and vice versa. If you have 100 hit points and the enemy has 50 hit points, it leaves you with 50 hit points and the enemy dead. That prevents someone with 5 hit points left taking out a IL20 that has full health. They should bring back dead plane ghosting for at least 5 seconds so if you go head to head the dead plane would cause a set amount of damage depending on the plane obviously the shell of an IL40p will cause more damage than an i-5. They should also bring back prop chop. 

BrushWolf #6 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostPsicko23, on 25 April 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

I think there should be a change, but not to the extent of ram=death for both. Usually those who want ramming to equal death are those who either don't understand how to move out of the way of a ram, or is someone trying to use that as a skill to kill the other pilot by taking both out. Before they changed it, it would suck being in a full health ga and getting rammed by someone who has 5 hit points left.

I think they need to change it to whatever hit points you have left on your plane will equal the amount of hit points taken out of the enemy you ram and vice versa. If you have 100 hit points and the enemy has 50 hit points, it leaves you with 50 hit points and the enemy dead. That prevents someone with 5 hit points left taking out a IL20 that has full health. They should bring back dead plane ghosting for at least 5 seconds so if you go head to head the dead plane would cause a set amount of damage depending on the plane obviously the shell of an IL40p will cause more damage than an i-5. They should also bring back prop chop. 

This would probably increase intentional ramming as people with more health than the plane they are going to hit are more likely to carry out the ram knowing they will survive. Just bringing back wrecks as a collision hazard would make most collisions deadly as you fly through the wreckage.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

area50one #7 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Like real life? This is an arcade game. Not nearly real life.

Rosebud #8 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
This is a well traveled road. No...for all the reasons stated above. I would like to see the return of main ammo depletion and kills causing damage if hit though.

Bobby_Tables #9 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Be careful what you ask for as it may come back to make things worse than they are today.  I voted No and as many have stated, being down to low hit points would lead to excessive ramming by people who should be dead.  I like the current situation much better.  If you are low on hit points and want to survive, you must get creative and that is where you will learn some good methods of survival, if survival is important to you.  Otherwise, with the kill/kill option, if a human is low on hit points the incentive to ram in order to get one more kill is very high.  Not cool.  

There are some good ideas posted above but I would prefer the programmers focus on things like end game content, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc.  Tweaking the kill mechanics yet again is just a non-starter IMO.  

OP, you appear to be relatively new to the game so I can understand the frustration, but man oh man.  The constant nerf-bat to planes (even premium ones that cost people real money), changing things like pilot training, and more have all been pretty much a disaster.  So if you have played the game for a long time and seen the terrible decisions made by the developers in the past, you would probably understand that asking for a change to mechanics is asking for trouble.  

Play the game as it is.  If you are getting rammed a lot, change your game play.  Also you can decide to load up some rockets and take back the skies.

Good Flying! 

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 26 April 2017 - 01:38 AM.

mullyman #10 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles

OMG this thread reminds me of Groundhog Day...

Just shoot me now!!!!!!!!!!!!

mullyman.png

AnzacA1 #11 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:10 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 26 April 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

But ramming another plane will almost always disable the rammer as well.

AnzacA1 #12 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:12 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles
Most of you don't seem to understand what I meant. When ramming another plane, neither aircraft would ever actually survive. It's unfair to have the ability to take someone out just by flying into them.

AnzacA1 #13 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 26 April 2017 - 12:57 AM, said:

But no plane back then could ram another and survive, because you'd have lost your prop. A jet conceivably could, but not a plane with props.

AnzacA1 #14 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:15 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostBobby_Tables, on 26 April 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

Be careful what you ask for as it may come back to make things worse than they are today.  I voted No and as many have stated, being down to low hit points would lead to excessive ramming by people who should be dead.  I like the current situation much better.  If you are low on hit points and want to survive, you must get creative and that is where you will learn some good methods of survival, if survival is important to you.  Otherwise, with the kill/kill option, if a human is low on hit points the incentive to ram in order to get one more kill is very high.  Not cool.  

There are some good ideas posted above but I would prefer the programmers focus on things like end game content, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc.  Tweaking the kill mechanics yet again is just a non-starter IMO.  

OP, you appear to be relatively new to the game so I can understand the frustration, but man oh man.  The constant nerf-bat to planes (even premium ones that cost people real money), changing things like pilot training, and more have all been pretty much a disaster.  So if you have played the game for a long time and seen the terrible decisions made by the developers in the past, you would probably understand that asking for a change to mechanics is asking for trouble.  

Play the game as it is.  If you are getting rammed a lot, change your game play.  Also you can decide to load up some rockets and take back the skies.

Good Flying! 

But you could then make it so that ramming doesn't count as a kill.

Rosebud #15 Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostAnzacA1, on 25 April 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

Most of you don't seem to understand what I meant. When ramming another plane, neither aircraft would ever actually survive. It's unfair to have the ability to take someone out just by flying into them.

We...the guys with thousands of battles...the ones who were here in Alpha and closed Beta...the ones who were here before you found this game...we know exactly what you're talking about. We know exact what you "mean"...been there done that. NO! You are wrong, mistaken, naïve as to what has gone before you. We tried that and trust me it wasn't better. 

AnzacA1 #16 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:32 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostRosebud, on 26 April 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

We...the guys with thousands of battles...the ones who were here in Alpha and closed Beta...the ones who were here before you found this game...we know exactly what you're talking about. We know exact what you "mean"...been there done that. NO! You are wrong, mistaken, naïve as to what has gone before you. We tried that and trust me it wasn't better. 

What do you mean? What did you try? Be clearer about what you're saying. You guys seem to be saying that you want to keep ramming, then you complain how it's used by noobs to get kills. Make up your minds.

CrayoIaCrayon #17 Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The problem was guys in low tier planes would intentionally ram high tier planes to knock them out, making a good trade.  Also planes that were damaged would intentionally ram other full health planes to knock them out.  The current meta is definitely the best.  Considering most rams take place in head on's now, that means it takes both pilots wanting to ram to make it happen.  It's very easy not to in that situation, it's called dodging.  Accidental rams are always going to happen, usually between teammates but that is just part of the game.  You obviously don't know how to play the game.  Learn and then make posts.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

Psicko23 #18 Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:30 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostAnzacA1, on 25 April 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

What do you mean? What did you try? Be clearer about what you're saying. You guys seem to be saying that you want to keep ramming, then you complain how it's used by noobs to get kills. Make up your minds.

We mean that ramming used to equal death for both planes that collided. There were many negatives to that. Imagine you are I. The tail of a plane ion the process of shooting it down. Bam, you die. Why did you die? Because a "friendly" decided that they were going to try to get that kill for themselves, but rammed you and killed you and themselves just for being greedy. Oh yeah, by the way you two were the last pilots on your team and now you lost because of it. Avoid going head on and you will usually avoid the ram. It's easier to kill a plane and survive when you are behind it rather than in front of it.

losttwo #19 Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:30 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

This should explain what it was like, how it changed and why.

http://blog.worldofwarplanes.com/mechanics/ramming-weapon-aces/

Steel_bomber_ #20 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

It should actually be the opposite:

Ramming should not be allowed in an arcade game, both planes should get NO damage at all. Especially with those dumb bots flying through you, both friendly and hostile. Although humans will fly through you too.

Damage should only be given by :

bullets (AA, front/tail guns)

rocket/AA (frag)

bomb (frag)

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 26 April 2017 - 12:59 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Also tagged with ramming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users