2K17 Beta CWANAP Registration

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Battle Times (15 members have cast votes)

What is your preference for start of battle? All are in EDT

1. 11:30 pm (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 11:00 pm (1 vote [6.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. 10:30 pm (1 vote [6.67%] - View)

4. 10:00 pm (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

5. 9:30 pm (2 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

6. 9:00 pm (5 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

7. 8:30 pm (3 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

8. 8:00 pm (1 vote [6.67%] - View)

9. 7:30 pm (0 votes [0.00%])

10. 7:00 pm (0 votes [0.00%])

11. 6:30pm (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:49 AM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

So deadline is tomorrow and we have 1 roster registered...

I hear through the grapevine that more teams would register if someone else was running this... happy to turn it over to anyone else willing to do it.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 08 May 2017 - 02:50 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #22 Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 May 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

So deadline is tomorrow and we have 1 roster registered...

I hear through the grapevine that more teams would register if someone else was running this... happy to turn it over to anyone else willing to do it.

Last day to register a roster.

Or

If someone wants to take over this tournament, so teams can stop using me as an excuse not to compete... I'm looking forward to handing it off and watching all the other teams register... wont that put me in my place!!!

There is a reason the tournament was named  CWANAP

_Warchylde_ #23 Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Holy S***, 

Everyone keeps complaining about how there is nothing for the clans to actually DO, except slag each other off in the forums.

Yet when someone actually steps up and takes time out of their REAL LIFE to try and put something together FOR YOU, no one wants to participate....

WHY?  (ok, listen to how stupid this sounds....)

"We are not going to participate, because this was organized by Mars....we don't like Mars, so our clan will not compete against any other clans."  :amazed:

Seriously?  Why do you guys even wear clan tags?  You're like a bunch of punk wannabe street gangs, who flash their colors, talk a lot of smack, but refuse to fight it out to see who's the best.

Who friggin' CARES who organized this?   This is chance to show that there's a reason for you owning, or being in a clan.

Mars took time out of his real life to try and put this together....I know I would never have the time to do it, and while Mars and I are often bumping heads, I truly appreciate the efforts of ANYONE who tries to contribute to the community.

Some people say "He doesn't run the event fairly, and we get screwed over."  Show me your proof.  For the love of all that is sacred and profane, there aren't even any prizes, so how can one be cheated? I just don't get it.

Some people say "He's an arrogant jerk, who always looks for reasons to slag people off in the forums."  What does that have to do with organizing a tournament?

Yeah, Mars, I still think you're a jerk, but for trying to set this up, you get a hearty salute from me. :honoring:

As for the rest of you "clans" who are always talking smack, but never come to the dance,  you are all pathetic.  

I know a lot of you personally, and my respect for you personally will never change, but your clan tag is worthless, and doesn't mean squat, if you won't stand up and fight for it.

Serious props to DRACS for always being the first to stand up and say "We'll be there!", even with guys who rarely play the game any more.  That's respecting your tag.

Props to SICK as well, for stepping forward and saying "So what if y'all hate us, here's your chance to stomp up on us...yeah, come on!"  That's respecting your tag.

And finally, I want to thank my fellow Flying Misfits of WHAWK for putting up with me and suffering through my constant badgering about putting together a team for this event.  Thank you to those who readily jumped at the chance to fly against other clans, and many thanks to those of you who simply said "Ok, ok, I'll join if you'll just shut the f*** up!!" :B

With all of the registered "clans" on this server, it's a shame that we can't even get four of them to join a tournament for bragging rights.....you know....actually playing the game, rather than just spouting off at each other on the forums.

This is truly, truly sad.

*Comments and opinions above are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of any other person, clan, or organization.  You got a problem with what I said, take it up with me personally.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

MARS_REVENANT #24 Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 08 May 2017 - 10:30 AM, said:

Holy S***, 

Everyone keeps complaining about how there is nothing for the clans to actually DO, except slag each other off in the forums.

Yet when someone actually steps up and takes time out of their REAL LIFE to try and put something together FOR YOU, no one wants to participate....

WHY?  (ok, listen to how stupid this sounds....)

"We are not going to participate, because this was organized by Mars....we don't like Mars, so our clan will not compete against any other clans."  :amazed:

Seriously?  Why do you guys even wear clan tags?  You're like a bunch of punk wannabe street gangs, who flash their colors, talk a lot of smack, but refuse to fight it out to see who's the best.

Who friggin' CARES who organized this?   This is chance to show that there's a reason for you owning, or being in a clan.

Mars took time out of his real life to try and put this together....I know I would never have the time to do it, and while Mars and I are often bumping heads, I truly appreciate the efforts of ANYONE who tries to contribute to the community.

Some people say "He doesn't run the event fairly, and we get screwed over."  Show me your proof.  For the love of all that is sacred and profane, there aren't even any prizes, so how can one be cheated? I just don't get it.

Some people say "He's an arrogant jerk, who always looks for reasons to slag people off in the forums."  What does that have to do with organizing a tournament?

Yeah, Mars, I still think you're a jerk, but for trying to set this up, you get a hearty salute from me. :honoring:

As for the rest of you "clans" who are always talking smack, but never come to the dance,  you are all pathetic.  

I know a lot of you personally, and my respect for you personally will never change, but your clan tag is worthless, and doesn't mean squat, if you won't stand up and fight for it.

Serious props to DRACS for always being the first to stand up and say "We'll be there!", even with guys who rarely play the game any more.  That's respecting your tag.

Props to SICK as well, for stepping forward and saying "So what if y'all hate us, here's your chance to stomp up on us...yeah, come on!"  That's respecting your tag.

And finally, I want to thank my fellow Flying Misfits of WHAWK for putting up with me and suffering through my constant badgering about putting together a team for this event.  Thank you to those who readily jumped at the chance to fly against other clans, and many thanks to those of you who simply said "Ok, ok, I'll join if you'll just shut the f*** up!!" :B

With all of the registered "clans" on this server, it's a shame that we can't even get four of them to join a tournament for bragging rights.....you know....actually playing the game, rather than just spouting off at each other on the forums.

This is truly, truly sad.

*Comments and opinions above are mine and mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of any other person, clan, or organization.  You got a problem with what I said, take it up with me personally.

Thanks.

Although, you are missing the point... sort of.  Unfortunately most clans don't want to compete, or they don't have the people to compete.  They are focused on pub-matches.  This is more to do with the current population, most active competitive players are in DRACS, and there aren't  enough competitive players spread through the rest of the community to make enough teams to compete.

Me running it is just an empty excuse, which is why I offered it up to anyone else.  If someone else ran it, the excuse would change to not liking the rules (the ones everyone voted for) if they change the rules there would be complaints about time.  Although, I would absolutely love to be proven wrong.  ANYONE IS FREE TO TAKE THIS TOURNAMENT OVER if it means that teams will register and compete.

Most current players would rather continue playing pub-bots rather than compete... that says something about them, not me.  Especially as you said there is no proof of unfair administration, every event I have run has either been ruled on by other administrators or WarGaming itself.  No decision I have made has ever unfairly affected outcome.

REGARDS_

MARS_

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I'll extend registration one more week.  Hopefully with all the prodding yesterday people will come to their senses and sign up, or if someone else wants to come forward and run it.

MelBrooks #26 Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 30270 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Point on MARS. Too bad Rounne received a vacation, his Lewis Black on amphetamines rants were becoming very entertaining.

MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMelBrooks, on 10 May 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

Point on MARS. Too bad Rounne received a vacation, his Lewis Black on amphetamines rants were becoming very entertaining.

Apparently he is perma-kicked from ships... or at least on an extended vacation, which explains his sudden interest in our peaceful forum.

Lou #28 Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 10 May 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

Apparently he is perma-kicked from ships... or at least on an extended vacation, which explains his sudden interest in our peaceful forum.

kids like that don't deserve a keyboard.

Personally, I would love for several more clan/ groups to sign up. Beating up on bots is not as fun as real people. Heck, I would rather lose to humans, at least you know it wasn't some programmer that kicked yer butt.

MARS_REVENANT #29 Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:41 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

In order to make registration and pulling a roster together easier I have decided to open up the rosters a bit to be more accommodating to the number of players online, at any given time.  Right now your roster can consits of clan members, non clan members or any mix between the two.

The new rosters can consist of anyone with a clan tag.  For example I can say anyone with a [SICK] clan tag that is online during battle time can participate in the event.  This makes it easier for clans as you dont have to depend on specific individuals to be online certain days/time.

You can also register a team with allied clans, for example you can have a team tih anyone with a [SICK] or [BAGG] clan tag.  As well, you can still have individual players listed on your roster, for example my team will consist of [SICK] + [BAGG] + Vradin.

If a team decides to register this way, clan tagged members would not be able to participate on any other teams, and you would not be able to register more than one team using the same clan tag.  As well, an individual would not be able to be included in more than 1 roster.

As always, in an effort to get this tournament going, and to actually have battles against people rather than bots, as long as both teams agree, the roster can be changed for a battle if a team is shorthanded.

This simplifies things a bit for team/clan leaders and for registration, and it also allows smaller clans to ally to form a team.

REGARDS_

MARS_

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 10 May 2017 - 05:11 PM.

Raxor_64 #30 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

Master Sergeant

• 11010 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

How can i get register myself and where i have to apply

Need help

BobozeeBear #31 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25036 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I would recommend talking to your leadership/ clansmen on why your clan has not participated in the last few of these tournaments, or is -WS- only about pubbie play and shooting down bots?

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Maccus_Bellum #32 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:46 PM

Airman Basic

• 94 battles

View PostRaxor_64, on 10 May 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Need help

THIS IS the registration thread...post your team roster here....pretty self-explanatory.

CRY "HAVOC" !!

And let slip the Clowns of War!

MARS_REVENANT #33 Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRaxor_64, on 10 May 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

Need help

There have been a few single players wanting to participate.  I'll Create a team list, and teams can either pick them up, or play on my team.

View PostBobozeeBear, on 10 May 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

I would recommend talking to your leadership/ clansmen on why your clan has not participated in the last few of these tournaments, or is -WS- only about pubbie play and shooting down bots?

LoL... that was SAVAGE... poor guy was just asking how to take part. +1 tho.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 10 May 2017 - 07:57 PM.

Raxor_64 #34 Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• 11010 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
My clan mates don't want to participate but i want can a single entry can participate in tournament i am not sure either my clan leadership want to participate or not because they have not talked about tournament or team in clan

_Warchylde_ #35 Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRaxor_64, on 11 May 2017 - 02:27 AM, said:

My clan mates don't want to participate but i want can a single entry can participate in tournament i am not sure either my clan leadership want to participate or not because they have not talked about tournament or team in clan

And THIS is why I'm no longer in Wraiths......

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Raxor_64 #36 Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 11010 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_Warchylde_, on 11 May 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

And THIS is why I'm no longer in Wraiths......

I left WS because of this

BobozeeBear #37 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25036 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I have a lot of respect when someone puts actions to words.

All the best to you Raxor, my hope for you is for you to find a team and to see you in my cross hairs in this upcoming tournament ;) Marzipan, don't you have some room still?

Props to you

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

MARS_REVENANT #38 Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostBobozeeBear, on 11 May 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Marzipan, don't you have some room still?

http://forum.worldof...351#entry683351

Raxor_64 #39 Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:39 PM

Master Sergeant

• 11010 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBobozeeBear, on 11 May 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

I have a lot of respect when someone puts actions to words.

All the best to you Raxor, my hope for you is for you to find a team and to see you in my cross hairs in this upcoming tournament ;) Marzipan, don't you have some room still?

Props to you

Appreciated Bro I am just waiting for tournament to have fun with humans not bots

MARS_REVENANT #40 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 12 May 2017 - 05:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users