New notes from Grenoli today

Block Quote

Grenoli # 190     Posted Today, 22 Apr 2017 - 10:38

Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

Block Quote

Noworld (Apr 21, 2017 - 22:58) wrote:
Q. A slip?))))    (FVE- Not sure what the question was from the beginning)

A. As far as I know, there is no work in this direction.

Block Quote

Block Quote

Zlodiy_v_hate (22 Apr 2017 - 04:26) wrote:
Q. Some time ago there were hints of a British branch, hurricanes. She is buried, or gone into an uncertain future?

A.In no case. She (FVE- Priolia??) has plans, and, it is possible, this year the "Hurricanes" in the game will be more than one. :)

Block Quote

Block Quote

Mihail_xomencko (Apr 22, 2017 - 08:39) wrote:
Q. Good day.
Is it worth waiting for an update (which will add two mini-branches) for the current mode in April-May?

A. Good afternoon. Wait is worth it. But I do not presume to give exact dates for the update. Approximately - the end of May - the beginning of June. Specifically, so far no one can say.

RU WoWP forum source link

And what have we learned by this bit of news? Well for one there looks to be a Hurricane branch coming in the future. It is looks to be planned branch. Secondly I believe I know who is calling the executive decisions for WoWP development, Priolia. And lastly the update 2.0 is for last of May-early June. Again no specific date is announced, just a guideline. I thought I would let you guys know the latest in the WoWP universe.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Quesnel #2 Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles
More Hurricanes? About bloody time!

cddlbunny0 #3 Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
I wonder what the mix will be. Hurricane Mk I, IIc, Sea Fury? But it will be interesting to see. Wonder if there will be another event like the Japanese threat to bring this one in.

Cdn_Avro #4 Posted 22 April 2017 - 04:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Global Warming I tell you will be the death of us all.

cddlbunny0 #5 Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Global warming in Canada? Winnipeg: too cold. Toronto: the sewers would probably back up a little. Montreal: must speak nothing but French and have voted Liberal since inception. Ottawa: too many politicians will want a Royal Commission and HoC debate on it, unless you count them as a cause with the amount of yapping they do. Vancouver: hope it can afford to live there. It would be nice to see the update in the next few months, but we are a patient lot or we would not be playing this game. We get close but not there yet.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 22 April 2017 - 05:16 PM.

Dsembr_Rein #6 Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
They've been promising a Hurricane line for well over a year now, they made it sound like we were getting it last spring/early summer. If it's been that close to done for that long, what the hell is going wrong? Maybe they held off on it and released the new Japanese line first since that tech tree was so small, but that wouldn't explain the long wait. Could be another 1.5 situation and they want a bow to put on whatever turd of a patch they're polishing now.

cddlbunny0 #7 Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Found this in a post from Zaifer back in 2014. This is the first time that I have heard of a Henley or a Hart. The rest is from Wikipedia

Hawker Hart

The Hawker Hart was a British two-seater biplane light bomber aircraft of the Royal Air Force. It was designed during the 1920s by Sydney Camm and manufactured by Hawker Aircraft. The Hart was a prominent British aircraft in the inter-war period, but was obsolete and already side-lined for newer monoplane aircraft designs by the start of the Second World War, playing only minor roles in the conflict before being retired.
  • Maximum speed: 298.20 km/h (185.29 mph)
  • Maiden flight: Jun 1928
  • Length: 8.94 m
  • Wingspan: 11.36 m
  • Introduced: 1930
  • Manufacturer: Hawker Aircraft

Hawker Henley

The Hawker Henley was a British two-seat target tug derived from the Hawker Hurricane that was operated by the RAF during the Second World War. In 1934 Air Ministry Specification P.4/34 was issued which called for a light bomber that could also be deployed in a close-support role as a dive-bomber.
  • Maiden flight: Mar 10, 1937
  • Length: 11.10 m
  • Wingspan: 14.59 m
  • Retired: 1942
  • Introduced: 1938
  • Manufacturer: Hawker Aircraft
  • Hawker Sea Hawk

The Hawker Sea Hawk was a British single-seat jet fighter of the Fleet Air Arm, the air branch of the Royal Navy, built by Hawker Aircraft and its sister company, Armstrong Whitworth Aircraft. Although its origins stemmed from earlier Hawker piston-engined fighters, the Sea Hawk became the company's first jet aircraft.
  • Maximum speed: 965.61 km/h (600 mph)
  • Maiden flight: Sep 2, 1947
  • Length: 12.09 m
  • Wingspan: 11.89 m
  • Introduced: Mar 1953
  • Retired: Dec 1960

​There was also a Hawker Hind similar to the Demon line and there is a P.1044 that was made by Hawker as well that can be added but got damaged in the testing. An interesting line for WG to look further into since they were designed and actually made it to testing phase. The tier placement for the Hart and Henley could be moved up as they are similar to the tiers in game

.A De Havilland Sea Vampire could added as another Tier X .

Edited by cddlbunny0, 23 April 2017 - 04:39 AM.

_Warchylde_ #8 Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I like the Hart at T3.

Put the Hurricane Mk I at T4 (the Henley was a dive bomber, not a fighter), and at T4, it would be contemporary with the 109B, A6M1, F2A, and the P-36.

Hurricane Mk IIc at T5, since it was also contemporary with other T5 fighters.

The rest of the line listed looks good.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 23 April 2017 - 11:59 AM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Lou #9 Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 22 April 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

Secondly I believe I know who is calling the executive decisions for WoWP development, Priolia.

If true, I feel slightly more confident with this game- She knows how to play the game and to some extent, what we (the players) want. Ultimately, it comes down to the orders given to whoever is running the show. Are they being told to make this the best game they can, or make this a clone of (insert whatever name) and make as much money as possible.

J311yfish #10 Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 135 battles
  • [343] 343

View Postcddlbunny0, on 22 April 2017 - 09:50 PM, said:

Found this in a post from Zaifer back in 2014. This is the first time that I have heard of a Henley or a Hart. The rest is from Wikipedia

There have been many proposals over the years:

​​

De Havilland Vampire is potentially part of the puzzle via engine designer Frank Halford.

Some of those proposals were made before Multirole had its own category.  Therefore another variation would be to use Demon and Skua --

Edited by J311yfish, 23 April 2017 - 05:07 PM.

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

cddlbunny0 #11 Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:52 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 57 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Well, I see that I am not the only one who has the M.20 in the barn. I think it is not the only one hated in this game. If you have a good showing in it, then you are worth your salt in anything in this game. There are some in the listing that I will have to look up. It seems that they have gone with the Supermarine line in the upper tiers as they are more familiar to people then the Hawker ones were.

Edited by cddlbunny0, 24 April 2017 - 12:54 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users