RU WoWP Developers Q&A 20170419 - WoWP is a boxing match

Analysis

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

From my observation from afar, its the RU WoWP developers versus the RU WoWP players now in daily discussion. Many RU WoWP players are saying that the Developers are not putting their best efforts in progressing WoWP in a thread here based on many factors such as WG corporate support for the game, the lack of schedule updates for game progression, and the lack of progressing with the second round of CT server testing.

However there can be some insight caught from this discussion

Block Quote

Grenoli # 51     Posted Today, 19 Apr 2017 - 12:29
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

__INSTRUKTOR__ (Apr 19, 2017 - 12:18) wrote:
Q. It was a compliment.
In competence as CM. 
Absence of GK balance on skill and add. 
Modes plus a bunch of bugs led to a catastrophically low online.
Their presence will lead to the growth of online.

As a result, a vicious circle. The question then is - why waste resources on HP (FVE - RU region acronym for WoWP), which will be the last nail in the lid? Is not it better to redirect funds to the implementation of promising areas? Is it not mediocre to copy neighbors? (The word mediocrity is not applicable to you personally, but for the income perception of "masterpiece" of HP)

A. The fact is that we believe that the new regime will not become a nail, but will give impetus to the development of the game. 

RU WoWP forum source link

I want to believe them. I want them (WoWP Devs) to be successful, However the form of trust with players is weak now because of secretive and other actions by the RU WoWP Developers. I get a "Us vs Them" vibe from the RU WoWP developers. And I don't think we are the only WoWP region that feels the same way. The bad part is if the relationship is developing this badly, then things will not go well for all involved. Does anyone else seeing or feeling the same as I by what is being said here?

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Zapperguy #2 Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34349 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
Who is the "new regime"?

Hoping they pull the plug altogether on WoWP at this point.

FlakValleyExpress #3 Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Captain

• 11991 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 19 April 2017 - 12:26 PM, said:

Who is the "new regime"?

The next update that is being tested in the CT server tests.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

ArrowZ_ #4 Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:04 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

See, this is the thing. If this developer in Kiev was more open to receiving our opinion's or even just to interact  with us once in a while in this region or in EU, they might have been more aware of the community's frustration towards the game, lackluster content, slow content development, distrust with Persha themselves. It also doesn't look like the community in RU is aware nor care for the other regions situation and just wants to remain in their perpetual bubble, as if EU and NA doesn't exist. They themselves are to blame for this result. Which is disappointing for an otherwise still fun game, minus the bots.

The fact still remains and we've known this for years. WOWP will never get better of we keep the current developer. 

Edited by ArrowZ_, 19 April 2017 - 09:06 PM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Lou #5 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7782 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

At least they get interaction, we are the red headed stepchild. When was the last time Priolla or another non NA Dev or that type stopped by here to be harassed?

I don't know how up to date this is, but Persha STILL has a opening for Development Director listed on their website. They have 3 openings in Kyiv, which is down. A couple years ago, they were looking to fill openings numbered in the high teens.

I still and always have believed that Persha is most of the problem with this game, and WG complicit by not stepping up and taking over development themselves, like they did with ships. Persha makes good art, that should have been the extent of their involvement.

Heck, its been since November 30 that a new Dev diaries was put on youtube. Not to mention, it usually takes a month or so after its up before the NA website gets it on its frontpage. They always look so busy in the videos, staring at screens, clicking mice, playing with the cat...I mean, they show what, 50+ different people in those videos, and only a handful work on the game, we know that.

If they are SO hard at work, where's the results?

death2019 #6 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 24629 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
thx

RedSpartacus #7 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17555 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I took a snapshot of yesterday's peak of online players on the Russian server (https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/)

Roughly 500.000 played tanks, 25.000 ships and 2.500 planes.

For every 211 players there was 1 who played planes. Compare tanks with planes, plane players make 0.5% of tank players.

Running an online game company where would you put the focus for development or set the priority ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

Shizzywiznut #8 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:15 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25522 battles
The last time I made a suggestion, I was scorned after they asked for input. So ya know, they don't want it unless you tell them what they want to hear, you are just a rabble rouser. I have better things to do than engage in their petty bulls@^%t. You want my opinion put the attitude into making a great game, not treating your players (you know the a$$holes that pay your salary) like your own personal whipping boys.

Also tagged with Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users