Noob into the game be like... ...

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #41 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Rhoetus,

the motivation to get better comes from within, not from war gaming or Persha (the developers). All of us started at one point or another. I was horrendous when I first started playing, and there were no bots in game. I figured if the guys I came across were good I could get better at this game. If you flight up with a good pilot and use 3rd party voice comms like team speak or curse beta that will be the best resource as the other pilot can give you advice in real time. Another good alternative is posting your replays on here and have is critique them. Then make those changes for the next battle.

Situational awareness is very important in this game. That and trigger control and energy management. You also need to know what each plane is capable, what the strengths and weaknesses are. Boom and zoom and turn and burn (also known as bnz and tnb) are the primary fighting styled in air warfare. If you are faster than the enemy, use your energy and speed to attack and get away(kind of like a drive by, get in do the damage, then get out). If you are slower than the enemy, use maneuverability to get behind the enemy and shoot him down. If you post videos we can see what's going wrong. 

Edit- once you die, if there is a human on your team that is doing well, watch them and see what they are doing. Don't just go back to the hangar (unless there are only bots left, then you can). Back when it was 15v15 all humans, that's what I did to learn. Eventually I started fighting up with better pilots. 

Edited by Psicko23, 09 May 2017 - 11:33 PM.

Psicko23 #42 Posted 09 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Oh, and if you are going to play ga, this thread is a good one to read the first post and watch the video on the first post. It demonstrates how you should be flying the ga's:

http://forum.worldof...487#entry677487

cddlbunny0 #43 Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 56 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Duetsch, the way that I get used to playing different types of planes is through the anniversary missions, Say you have a tier 2, tier five and tier six anniversaries. the tier two will come with either seven or nine missions, the tier five with ten or eleven, and the tier six with thirteen depending when you acquired it. Start with the tier two and get those missions out of the way. Then go to the next highest and complete that one. Do not jump from one to the other and back again. Complete each one individually. that way you can see where you are progressing with that particular plane at that particular tier. If you have a set of bad or mediocre games in the packet, do not give up on it, play it through and try to play consistently as possible. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users