Jump to content


Possible Recruitment Video for The CO of SICK (suggestion only)

sick clowns sojo foie gras delirium tremens puddles cheap trick

  • Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32052 battles
  • 6,497
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 20 April 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

 

Been through? lol. Because someone loves freedom and lack of ties, they have to go through something to get to that point? Ok, Sigmund :-) 

 

In relation to this game, it would be like someone flying tier 3 all the time vs someone that went on to fly tier 10s.  There is also a bunch of sour grapes involved... but I'm not getting into that.  If you are happy with what you have, that is good.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


_Laserguided_ #22 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4263 battles
  • 4,022
  • Member since:
    04-29-2013

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 18 April 2017 - 03:45 AM, said:

 

Lol... who said anything about social success? I'm professionally successful. Socially, I'm about the same as all you other useless pathetic gamers :-) I like people, but in controlled amounts. 

 

Don't you dare pick on Rush! They were actually relevant until they retired recently. I'm a musician by hobby so naturally I listen to everything. I have recently gotten into Periphery. Give those guys a listen :-) 

 

Not sure Rush has ever truly been relevant...


Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #23 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Post_Laserguided_, on 20 April 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

 

Not sure Rush has ever truly been relevant...

 

They've sold 40 million albums. :-)  That's pretty relevant. Not Beatles relevant, but still relevant. 

losttwo #24 Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,566
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

WOW...someone has no clue about the joys of family life.

Must have been raised in a bad environment.

But being the puzzle solver I am

I think I discovered Snot's alt account.



The_World_Needs_A_Hero #25 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View Postlosttwo, on 20 April 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

WOW...someone has no clue about the joys of family life.

Must have been raised in a bad environment.

But being the puzzle solver I am

I think I discovered Snot's alt account.

 

really? Were the 2 kids worth the crazy drug addicted ex? lol Better you than me, pal.  Heck... you can't even afford a new computer to play the game. Wonderful life lol. 

Edited by Drewthesteelman, 21 April 2017 - 12:12 AM.


MARS_REVENANT #26 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32052 battles
  • 6,497
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 20 April 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

 

really? Were the 2 kids worth the crazy drug addicted ex? lol Better you than me, pal.  Heck... you can't even afford a new computer to play the game. Wonderful life lol. 

 

The answer would be yes.   Jeebus drew... what kind of life have you had?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #27 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 April 2017 - 12:16 AM, said:

 

The answer would be yes.   Jeebus drew... what kind of life have you had?

 

I've had a fulfilling life. Because I'm not some drone who has to live through my kids to feel like I am something in the world. 

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:31 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32052 battles
  • 6,497
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 20 April 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

 

I've had a fulfilling life. Because I'm not some drone who has to live through my kids to feel like I am something in the world. 

 

Boy.... so many things wrong with that sentence.  Most people take on traits from their parents, so I can only guess where your outlook on life and kids came from... which is why I said I was sad for you at the start.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #29 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 April 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

 

Boy.... so many things wrong with that sentence.  Most people take on traits from their parents, so I can only guess where your outlook on life and kids came from... which is why I said I was sad for you at the start.

 

Parents are some of the most weak minded people I know. Smart people aren't afraid to be their own person, and not have to spit out 3 kids because that is what their family and friends expect of them. 



MARS_REVENANT #30 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:02 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32052 battles
  • 6,497
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 20 April 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

 

Parents are some of the most weak minded people I know. Smart people aren't afraid to be their own person, and not have to spit out 3 kids because that is what their family and friends expect of them. 

 

oh boy...  I'm sorry you had the life that you did.  If you found true happiness, I am glad for you.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #31 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:19 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 21591 battles
  • 1,445
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 20 April 2017 - 10:26 AM, said:

 

Nice try.

 

I have social skills, but choose to play games. A lot of you appear to lack social skills, and have no choice but play games, because you can't function in any other settings. You, however, appear to be almost normal, aside from your over-inflated view of yourself. 

 

I love how you always put the family thing in peoples faces. Congrats. You found a girl who can tolerate you and was willing to actually let you inseminate her.....twice. You know what I love about people who throw their perfect family life in other peoples faces. It's seeing how a lot of their lives degrade to utter garbage years later. Kids have issues. Animosity between the husband and wife to the point that intimate relations occur every year or so and only when both are drunk. How about the lack of actually having individual hobbies and interests because the kids suck the life out of you. Yay. You are giving up about 20 to 25 years of your life for what? Those kids are going to leave someday and you are going to wonder where the best years of your life went. You'll also be legally tied to a woman that you probably haven't really loved in 15 or more years. Then you get divorced and are living in some slum apartment because you are shelling out a load of cash to support some woman who is getting her satisfaction from some dude 20 years younger than you. That doesn't sound too great to me. 

 

That being said. I'll take my life. Self employed business owner for going on 9 years. Make a lot of money. Come and go as I please. I can pack my bag tonight and either be in the mountains of N. Carolina tomorrow or the Florida Keys and not have to think twice about doing it or how much it costs. Or I can get really adventurous and just book a last minute flight to anywhere I want to go for the weekend. Yeah.. I can do any of those things any weekend I want.  Heck, maybe I'll just tell my clients I'll be out next week and catch a last minute cruise. That is called living. Not what YOU are doing. I've run half marathons, climbed more mountains than I can count, backpacked more miles I can count, ocean kayaked and camped on uninhabited islands, and have pretty much done more interesting stuff at 40 than most people ever get to do. Living isn't raising 2 brats and pretending like that somehow makes you accomplished. Living is being on the top of a mountain in the dead of winter with a blizzard rolling in and 70mph wind practically taking you off your feet. 

 

You aren't the only one who lives 5 minutes from the ocean, pal :-) I have salt water at the end of my street. 

 

Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric illness that is characterized by episodes of “mania.”  Symptoms include euphoria, distractibility, irritability, and grandiosity. During a manic episode, people often have remarkable energy and move, think, and talk rapidly. They sleeplittle but do not appear to be tired. They may also experience delusions such as the belief that they are able to fly or are Jesus or another famous person. They may be suspicious that people are out to harm them. During a manic episode, some people hear voices or see visions. Severe depressive episodes are also often part of bipolar disorder.

 

Schizophrenia is an illness characterized by a group of so-called “positive” symptoms that may include hallucinations (hearing voices, seeing visions), delusions (fixed false beliefs), and/or a thought disorder (speech that makes little sense). Words are spoken, but the connections between sentences or paragraphs are illogical. (This is called a formal thought disorder.)  Also, people with schizophrenia often exhibit “negative” symptoms where they become uninterested in interacting with others, lose the ability to take pleasure in previously enjoyed activities, talk less, and exhibit a demeanor that is rather flat or without much expressiveness.

 

Psychiatrists often see patients with a mixture of the above symptoms, and it may be difficult to determine whether a patient has schizophrenia or bipolar disorder even after following him or her for many years. Such patients may receive a diagnostic label of schizoaffectivedisorder, bipolar type.


Edited by SOJO, 21 April 2017 - 04:20 AM.

SOJO.png

 

                                                    


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #32 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostSOJO, on 21 April 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

 

Bipolar disorder is a psychiatric illness that is characterized by episodes of “mania.”  Symptoms include euphoria, distractibility, irritability, and grandiosity. During a manic episode, people often have remarkable energy and move, think, and talk rapidly. They sleeplittle but do not appear to be tired. They may also experience delusions such as the belief that they are able to fly or are Jesus or another famous person. They may be suspicious that people are out to harm them. During a manic episode, some people hear voices or see visions. Severe depressive episodes are also often part of bipolar disorder.

 

Schizophrenia is an illness characterized by a group of so-called “positive” symptoms that may include hallucinations (hearing voices, seeing visions), delusions (fixed false beliefs), and/or a thought disorder (speech that makes little sense). Words are spoken, but the connections between sentences or paragraphs are illogical. (This is called a formal thought disorder.)  Also, people with schizophrenia often exhibit “negative” symptoms where they become uninterested in interacting with others, lose the ability to take pleasure in previously enjoyed activities, talk less, and exhibit a demeanor that is rather flat or without much expressiveness.

 

Psychiatrists often see patients with a mixture of the above symptoms, and it may be difficult to determine whether a patient has schizophrenia or bipolar disorder even after following him or her for many years. Such patients may receive a diagnostic label of schizoaffectivedisorder, bipolar type.

 

Congrats. You discovered wiki. There is hope for you. 

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #33 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 April 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

 

oh boy...  I'm sorry you had the life that you did.  If you found true happiness, I am glad for you.

 

I did. In all seriousness, I hear this crap from a lot of parents. "oh my... don't you feel empty without kids?"  Um... NO.  This is 2017, not 1975. The trend is actually leaning towards more people not having kids, whether being married or single.  I've dated women with children. The one thing I finally learned from those experiences is not to date women with kids lol.  I can't even see how one can be happy being that suffocated. If you love that life, that is your deal. Don't play all high and mighty saying you feel bad for me. Think I haven't heard that very thing from a lot of other parents? It's a broken record.  I'm fine. Starting in a couple of years, I'll be splitting my years in both Florida and Maine. I wouldn't be able to do that if I had kids. I'll be living the dream. It may not be YOUR dream. But, it works for me. 



EspressoForHammy #34 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4995 battles
  • 4,383
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

It's not so much that MARCO or I feel that we'd be empty without kids. I had kids partly as a huge favor to my wife, whom I love, and who wanted them badly. She wanted four, I wanted two, and we agreed in the middle and had two.

 

However, your comments about your parents, parents in general, and parents of small children are very telling. It shows off a person who is deeply insecure, even though you have everything this consumerist world tells you we need to be happy. The reality is that you don't KNOW if kids would make you happy or unhappy until you have them. Oh, and Drew, not knowing is a weakness of yours. You HATE not knowing. :)

 

That said, I admire your decision to remain kid-free. Most of us guys wish deep down to be unshackled from parts of our tiresome and parental duties and fight lions or climb mountains. It's a fantastic life, for a long time.

 

I hope that you put away plenty of money for the future, because when you are too arthritic and filled with the fog of dementia to fight the lions, there will be no one except the people you pay to look after you.


"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


The_World_Needs_A_Hero #35 Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 21 April 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

It's not so much that MARCO or I feel that we'd be empty without kids. I had kids partly as a huge favor to my wife, whom I love, and who wanted them badly. She wanted four, I wanted two, and we agreed in the middle and had two.

 

However, your comments about your parents, parents in general, and parents of small children are very telling. It shows off a person who is deeply insecure, even though you have everything this consumerist world tells you we need to be happy. The reality is that you don't KNOW if kids would make you happy or unhappy until you have them. Oh, and Drew, not knowing is a weakness of yours. You HATE not knowing. :)

 

That said, I admire your decision to remain kid-free. Most of us guys wish deep down to be unshackled from parts of our tiresome and parental duties and fight lions or climb mountains. It's a fantastic life, for a long time.

 

I hope that you put away plenty of money for the future, because when you are too arthritic and filled with the fog of dementia to fight the lions, there will be no one except the people you pay to look after you.

 

No... I don't fight lions. I fight Sasquatches with my bare hands :-) Get it right! 

 

 



MARS_REVENANT #36 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32052 battles
  • 6,497
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 21 April 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

 

I did. In all seriousness, I hear this crap from a lot of parents. "oh my... don't you feel empty without kids?"  Um... NO.  This is 2017, not 1975. The trend is actually leaning towards more people not having kids, whether being married or single.  I've dated women with children. The one thing I finally learned from those experiences is not to date women with kids lol.  I can't even see how one can be happy being that suffocated. If you love that life, that is your deal. Don't play all high and mighty saying you feel bad for me. Think I haven't heard that very thing from a lot of other parents? It's a broken record.  I'm fine. Starting in a couple of years, I'll be splitting my years in both Florida and Maine. I wouldn't be able to do that if I had kids. I'll be living the dream. It may not be YOUR dream. But, it works for me. 

 

The sad part isn't that you don't want kids.  The sad part is that you most likely got this way because of how you were treated as a child.

 

If you have moved on from a bad upbringing, and are truly happy, I am glad for you. But ask yourself 1 question, why do you feel the need to justify your happiness by comparing it to the terrible life that others must have by having a family/kids?  What does another persons life have to do with your happiness?  By definition, you are stating your own parents were trapped and suffocating, which might have been the case, which is why I feel sorry for you.  My life isn't good because yours is bad, my life is good because I have good things in my life.

 

 


I never lose; either I win or I learn.


MelBrooks #37 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 29586 battles
  • 1,004
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 19 April 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

 

Moved back to Brazil to attend University.

 

Damn it! Shooting hot coffee out your nose hurts like hell. I'm getting an attorney MARS..

MelBrooks #38 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 29586 battles
  • 1,004
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 April 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

 

The sad part isn't that you don't want kids.  The sad part is that you most likely got this way because of how you were treated as a child.

 

If you have moved on from a bad upbringing, and are truly happy, I am glad for you. But ask yourself 1 question, why do you feel the need to justify your happiness by comparing it to the terrible life that others must have by having a family/kids?  What does another persons life have to do with your happiness?  By definition, you are stating your own parents were trapped and suffocating, which might have been the case, which is why I feel sorry for you.  My life isn't good because yours is bad, my life is good because I have good things in my life.

 

 

 

Everybody has different reasons for everything in life. That's fine. Nothing has brought me more joy and meaningfulness in my life than my family, especially my wife and children. Let's not be critical of those who different paths to happiness.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #39 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 7698 battles
  • 1,132
  • Member since:
    07-27-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 21 April 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

 

The sad part isn't that you don't want kids.  The sad part is that you most likely got this way because of how you were treated as a child.

 

 

 

 

The way I was "treated" as a child is I was taught by 2 very brilliant parents that the best thing one can be in this world is a free independent thinker. Most parents will shove their kids in various directions. My parents always let me make my own decisions. I wasn't taught that life was this pre-determined set of steps that one needed to adhere to. I was taught that you make your own plan and find your place, no matter what it ends up being. It astounds me that so many people are closed minded in this way. You just proved yourself to be. 



MARS_REVENANT #40 Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 32052 battles
  • 6,497
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 21 April 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

 

The way I was "treated" as a child is I was taught by 2 very brilliant parents that the best thing one can be in this world is a free independent thinker. Most parents will shove their kids in various directions. My parents always let me make my own decisions. I wasn't taught that life was this pre-determined set of steps that one needed to adhere to. I was taught that you make your own plan and find your place, no matter what it ends up being. It astounds me that so many people are closed minded in this way. You just proved yourself to be. 

 

LOL... closed minded... yeah... Cause I went around stating that kids are suffocating and anyone with them leads a garbage life.  Its a fact kids are a product of their environments, anyone with an open mind would know that, and your view on kids and family is a product of you not seeing the good side of things for yourself.  You can continue to insult other peoples lives, but it is more of a reflection what was missing from yours.


I never lose; either I win or I learn.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users