Premium Aircraft Experience-what good is it?

Premium Aircraft Exp

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

SmilinJack #1 Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27584 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I have several million points of aircraft experience built up on premium aircraft in my hangar.  What can I do with it except admire the numbers?  I cannot convert to anything without using gold, which I do not want to do.  Is there any way to convert premium aircraft exp points to something useful?

Toggle #2 Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 22753 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Check the crew training box under the pilot/TG.  Then that xp goes to training.....  Well, not THAT xp but all accrued xp form the time the crew training box is checked.

You do that for your "elite" aircraft, right?

Edited by Toggle, 15 April 2017 - 04:00 PM.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles

Ummmm.....yeah....

Instead of gaining all that exp on the plane,(which you never plan to convert, for some reason I cannot fathom), go to your crew tab for that plane and check "Accelerate Training".

Now all of that pesky exp will go towards pilot skills, rather than the plane....by the way, this also works for planes that have "Elite" status as well, so I'd change those to pilot training planes as well.

Of course you STILL have several million free exp just lying there, just waiting to be converted so you can research more planes and modules.........but why would anyone want to do that??

Edited by _Warchylde_, 15 April 2017 - 04:34 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

pyantoryng #4 Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12044 battles

Pray for ten-year anniversary when they will give free conversion....................:hiding:

Warchylde has covered the rest...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

_Warchylde_ #5 Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles

View PostToggle, on 15 April 2017 - 10:53 AM, said:

Check the crew training box under the pilot/TG.  Then that xp goes to training.....  Well, not THAT xp but all accrued xp form the time the crew training box is checked.

You do that for your "elite" aircraft, right?

If he hasn't figured out accelerated training for premiums, then he most likely doesn't know about Elite status either...

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

TeamTerrible #6 Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 45103 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I'd suggest using tokens to convert free exp but I think WG is convinced they can squeeze blood from a rotted turnip

Ghostprime could suggest this but they'll just wad up his NA suggestion sheet into a new cat toy or run it through the shredder for super cheap kitty litter

SmilinJack #7 Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27584 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Yes...I do know about pilot training and elite status...just hoping that all of the point accumulated could be used for something a bit more useful like converting to currency exchange or experience exchange, but that appears to be a non-starter.

Psicko23 #8 Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Yeah, you need to check the box that says pilot training on elite planes and premium planes. You can use gold to convert that to free XP. otherwise it's a complete waste to have it hanging around as plane xp. 

losttwo #9 Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:facepalm:

Toggle #10 Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:49 AM

First Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 22753 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSmilinJack, on 15 April 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

Yes...I do know about pilot training and elite status...just hoping that all of the point accumulated could be used for something a bit more useful like converting to currency exchange or experience exchange, but that appears to be a non-starter.

I gotcha.  Unfortunately that is the only option for now.  I hope you didn't accrue too much xp on those premium/elite planes.  For me, expletives fly (more than the planes) when I forget to check that crew training box.

Psicko23 #11 Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostToggle, on 15 April 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

I gotcha.  Unfortunately that is the only option for now.  I hope you didn't accrue too much xp on those premium/elite planes.  For me, expletives fly (more than the planes) when I forget to check that crew training box.

Yep, I do the same.  Awhile back I had premium time and it was one of those 5x weekends. I only needed to get a bit over 1k xp to research the next plane. I didn't realize that I hadn't won in that plane for that day. I made just shy of 6k xp that day before the 5x, now that plane has 27k or so hanging on it. First and only time I cursed when getting close to 30k xp after a game.

clodhoppr #12 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14068 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
I think you can trade them for "Sky Miles" through United Airlines...

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postclodhoppr1, on 17 April 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

I think you can trade them for "Sky Miles" through United Airlines...

bumping policy still applies.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSmilinJack, on 15 April 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

I have several million points of aircraft experience built up on premium aircraft in my hangar.  What can I do with it except admire the numbers?  I cannot convert to anything without using gold, which I do not want to do.  Is there any way to convert premium aircraft exp points to something useful?

Once an aircraft is Elite, or for a premium aircraft, the best thing to do is select the crew accelerated training option.  If you have accumulated plane experience, the only use for it on an elite or premium plane is to convert it to free exp using gold.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

DrPain_2017 #15 Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:27 AM

Airman Basic

• 1062 battles

Where oh where is this explained ???? Crew training, elite planes????

I just joined.....love planes but I'm a little annoyed that I can't find this kind of info in a document somewhere.

I don't understand why only three of the eight planes that I have show up in the experience convert doohickey tab.

and tokens??? what are they for? other than buying slots.

the dr

Dru83 #16 Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:17 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4372 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Read the above info in the thread a little more carefully. This thread really helped me by teaching me about the accelerated crew training option.

An elite plane is one that has all it's modules researched. For example, if you skip researching an engine module, it won't be an elite plane. All the upgrade modules have to be upgraded. Once that happens, you can check a little box in the crew tab for accelerated crew experience. Instead of experience going to the plane, it will all go to your crew instead, which is in my mind way better than converting it via gold. Only planes that are premium planes or Elite planes (fully researched) can be used to convert experience or to use the accelerated training option. By not converting my xp, I was able to save up gold during the last event and use it to buy premium planes.

In normal times, tokens can be used to buy slots, xp or credit boost consumables, or premium time. Once I had a ton of slots, I saved up 150 tokens and bought a month of premium time which has helped my earn the credits needed to buy a few tier 8's and my first tier 9. Once you have a few slots, saving up for that premium time will help earn a ton of credits.

In special events, like the past Battle for Thor's Hammer event, tokens can purchase various rewards/goodies sometimes directly, sometimes through purchasing crates, which are basically just a way to gamble. This only happens once in a while though. Right now I'm slowly earning tokens again after spending a ton during the event. My month of premium is almost up and I need to get a whole bunch of tokens to get more premium.

Hope all that helps.

Edited by Dru83, 01 July 2017 - 02:17 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users