Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Kophka #21 Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:29 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I'm having the same problem with mine. I when I set the throttle stick to be the control (Axis 6), I get a random amount of acceleration and deceleration. Sometimes, just nudging it down a bit completely kills the engine. Other times, pulling it all the way down results in going to half-throttle. Then it doesn't respond when I push it back up.

I ended up mapping a throttle up and throttle down button on to the side buttons, and just pressing as fast as I can to get the throttle spot I wanted.

View PostJames_White, on 25 October 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

As for me I play with the same joystick and do not experience such troubles.
Try my joystick preferences, it may help.
C:\WoWp_Alpha\game\res\scripts\input_mapping
Attachmentjoystick.xml
Takes me to a dead forum link, James.

Corrvan #22 Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:41 AM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFairladyZ, on 23 October 2011 - 12:32 AM, said:

When your plane twitches. Check the top left of your screen for packet loss. You are probably lagging in some way or form.

Check your ping against the servers.
ping 213.252.131.234

Or check out this thread

Link takes me to a dead thread.

When I press any button, joystick keyboard or mouse, there is a good second or two delay until it happens. I have ~300-400 ping to the US server. ( I live in Australia)
It seems this game will be unplayable if you don't live next to the servers!

sharpeh #23 Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I'm using a wingman digital 3D and I have the input lag problem too. Will test the deadzone soon. In the meantime the game doesn't seem to recognize my throttle nor my yaw, both of which work outside of the game.

FairladyZ #24 Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-
added joystick settings.

KV Sucks...

von_Krimm #25 Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Feedback Airedale

• Community Ace
  • 435 battles
I picked-up one yesterday and it out-performs my $100 saitek X52; it seems the game has issues with saitek stuff.  Wonder why that is....
I like my <CENSORED> like I like my <CENSORED> ; aged <CENSORED> to <CENSORED> years and mixed-up with <CENSORED> .If you take fire from the spouse-AA about the former, launch flares and dump chaff: $$$visa$$$amex$$$vonKrimm2.png

deskwizard #26 Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:28 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I also have the Extreme 3D pro but I can't seem to get past the throttle issue...
Like a previous poster, if I accidently push the throttle past the 50% mark, boost come on.
This is really a pain... I haven't found a way to work around this yet...

Anyone have a clue on this?

Thanks!

OldTex #27 Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:58 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [-GW-] -GW-
I'm still working on  my 3D Pro throttle myself...I've tried seversl mappings to it but nothing is good so far...either it is on high of cuts off....Not sure if its the game or the controller software...I'm happy with this game so far...just need to get this stick to work right...I'm thinking about emailing Logitech for some adivise....

Salute...

marticus #28 Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
I'm using the 3D Pro and have the same problem with a lack of throttle "progression" I'd love to hear if you find a fix for this. Also, does anyone know if there's a way to use the mouse to control the view, while using the joystick. I haven't had any luck with this yet. I know the view button on top works, but I can't follow the opponent as I would do with my eyes.

_OldFox #29 Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SAW] SAW
hi

I also use a Logitech extreme 3D pro

I use the trotle with this settings:
    Sensitivity- minimum like 5%
    Dead zone  - zero

It isn't the great but at least give me something, like i just give a litle toutch and the speed go 1 level up or down ( it was better before this patch )

Also to see theother planes i use the right mouse pressing all the time and move the mouse

Hope this help someone

OldFox

Highway_Star #30 Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postmarticus, on 19 March 2012 - 01:12 AM, said:

I'm using the 3D Pro and have the same problem with a lack of throttle "progression" I'd love to hear if you find a fix for this. Also, does anyone know if there's a way to use the mouse to control the view, while using the joystick. I haven't had any luck with this yet. I know the view button on top works, but I can't follow the opponent as I would do with my eyes.

Hold right click and move the mouse to look around.

xaerostrike #31 Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:56 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
just got my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro yesterday, seems to do well tho im still learning to Aim lol  seems to be a bit fiddly... anyone have sensitivity setting ideas? I have tied a number of differnt settings but still seems to jerk a bit...

The down HAT button doesnt like to bet set for Rear View, so I have had to use another button near the HAT for that view

im using throttle on the Keyboard, easier to use at the moment and I can use E for Flaps too

pipja #32 Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 9 battles
I have the same controller and I have to say the button naming in the controls remapping screen is very misleading. In Windows and on the joystick the buttons are registered as numbers, but when you go in game, the numbers are different, and then you also bet "JP Black" "JP White" "JP Square" and stuff as well which is very hard to remember. Maybe you could rework this a bit? Thanks.

roblack #33 Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:50 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
As for all of you with throttle control problem, i am not sure if its a joystick or the game.

I am pretty nooby here in alpha, but i think engine has 3 states. OFF/NORMAL/BOOST. So you dont need throttle control, just a button that cuts it off...
it will make you turn better, and it wont fall down for sure :) Just hold the button while turning and then let go so the engine could go into normal state. Also, map a button for boost thingy :)

Thats the way i play it at least. I had problems with my joystick, also with the throtle that kept messing around with other controls.
SOLUTION: my hand > hammer > Speedlink joy = broken throttle control.

Now it works great :) Is good for me since i dont play sims, just WOWP.

Like i said, i am pretty nooby so maybe i didn't get throttle control right.
But try my setup with disabled "throttle control" on your joy, replacing it with buttons.

Hope i helped, or made you laugh :)))

xaerostrike #34 Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
Well ya will be a lot of control issues from the game its self, and I will be waiting to see if any updates clears up some if not all the Control issues

I still cannot aim without the Joystick jerking quite a bit, so hopefully WG will work on more programing stuff for the game so Joysticks will work more smoothly

FryaDuck #35 Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

Squadron Leader Knucklehead

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View Postxaerostrike, on 07 April 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Well ya will be a lot of control issues from the game its self, and I will be waiting to see if any updates clears up some if not all the Control issues

I still cannot aim without the Joystick jerking quite a bit, so hopefully WG will work on more programing stuff for the game so Joysticks will work more smoothly

DXTweak2 is probably the solution you are looking for.
Oderint, dum metuant, tunc ad infernum - Let them hate as long as they fear then go to hell
1st AlphaAce IL-2 (t)(Air)

lostnite66 #36 Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [1STCH] 1STCH
I bought this joystick for MS Flight, but decided on that game I was having better luck with the XBox 360 controller. I'm trying the 3D Pro with this game, hopefully it works better. And hopefully some day this game will be able to use throttle inputs from joysticks like this so it's easier to fine tune airspeed.
Microsoft Flight: Level 8

xaerostrike #37 Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:28 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFryaDuck, on 07 April 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

DXTweak2 is probably the solution you are looking for.

Great Thanks, I was actually going to see if there was something like that today on the net... so will check that out and see how its works out

Edited:- spent 30 mins with the program, and already working out well, tho I still need to tweak it some more but alreayd showing promise... havent tried in combat with other players yet, but as I said its doing well

Set deadzone for axis:- Y @ 15%, X @ 10% and Z @ 15% and seems to help alot... strange that WoWP doesnt seem to help at all when I have tried to use these settings in game

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users