Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

FairladyZ #1 Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Senior Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-
This issue has been on a lot of peoples minds.

There are delays in 2 different actions.

-trigger
there is a delay from the time the trigger is pressed to the actual visual. was this intentional? (i.e. a chain gun takes time to spin the barrels)

-left/right roll
from the time we roll left/right/up/down on the joystick, there is a delay to the actual implementation. a NA_admin discovered that by removing some double keybinds that this can be fixed. however, not for everyone.
I was wondering is this just a networking issue, since the server is munich. or something else.

*edit*
additional note. These delays do not occur with yaw left/right... therefore it cannot simply be a lag issue.
my connection is fios 25/25 mbps

*edit* [3/7/2012]
Here is my control setup for Logitech Extreme 3D Pro         21lavockin_la-5f.jpg . I have used these settings since october, and it has yet to fail me. You will notice that these settings were optimized for this particular joystick only. All necessary keys have been mapped to the joystick, so no keyboard. The only time you'll find yourself off the joystick is to zoom out or zoom in with the mouse at the start of battle.

Copy this into World_of_Warplanes\res\scripts\input_mapping\ and you should see an extra setting under controls.

Attached Files

KV Sucks...

phalnx #2 Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
tomt610 - "Try changing deadzone in axis settings while remapping controller, there is such thing when you click any of axis field in remapping section. bottom slider is deadzone and top is sensitivity, try changing sensitivity to far right and deadzone to far left on every axis that you are using."  This worked for me in the me109, but not the il-2, so I'm thinking that it's just the inherent sluggishness of some planes vs. others.

FairladyZ #3 Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-
thanks, i was trying to figure out what those two options were. will try them later and post my results.

KV Sucks...

FairladyZ #4 Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-
I gotta say. Adjusting the sensitivity helped a lot. For up and down.

*edit* adjusting the sensitivity helped for all directions. thanks

KV Sucks...

Nightwitch #5 Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:16 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
I'm using the same stick.  The issues I've been having are with control inputs that the game is making that I'm not making.  It might be that the pots on my joystick aren't as precise as they could be, but it doesn't help too much playing with the sensitivity and the deadzones.  I still get my plane twitching in directions when I'm not making control inputs.

FairladyZ #6 Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-
When your plane twitches. Check the top left of your screen for packet loss. You are probably lagging in some way or form.

Check your ping against the servers.
ping 213.252.131.234

Or check out this thread

KV Sucks...

James_White #7 Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Developer
  • 0 battles
As for me I play with the same joystick and do not experience such troubles.
Try my joystick preferences, it may help.
C:\WoWp_Alpha\game\res\scripts\input_mapping

Attached Files

FairladyZ #8 Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-
thanks james, but heh..
[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

KV Sucks...

James_White #9 Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:59 AM

• Developer
  • 0 battles

View PostFairladyZ, on 25 October 2011 - 02:53 PM, said:

thanks james, but heh..
[#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.
Fixed. try now

Ikthus #10 Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

Airman Basic

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
  • [JW] JW
I'm using the same joystick and every now and then I have an issue where the controller will not pull up unless I let the stick go back to the center position and then pull up again. Has anyone else been experiencing that?

FairladyZ #11 Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-SOL-] -SOL-

I'm using the same joystick and every now and then I have an issue where the controller will not pull up unless I let the stick go back to the center position and then pull up again. Has anyone else been experiencing that?
sounds like a lag issue, does it still occur on the US server?

Using the throttle to control speed (set axis 5 to accelerate/reduce speed) on Logitech Extreme 3D Pro seems to only register positive or negative values, rather than being analogue controls of the throttle. I don't know if this is a general problem, a problem with the joystick or me doing something wrong?
throttle controls are not implemented yet.

KV Sucks...

James_White #12 Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:50 PM

• Developer
  • 0 battles

View PostFairladyZ, on 13 December 2011 - 04:27 PM, said:

throttle controls are not implemented yet.
it is working now.

phalnx #13 Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Just got this stick, and it works GREAT!!!  This game seems to be made to play on this nice $30 beauty :) ...such a relief to have my control issues finally solved!  My only quibble is with the throttle...if it's fully open, it will apply engine boost.  I'd much rather be able to map that to a button than have to worry about how far I'm moving my throttle up. (again, if I map it to accel/decel, I lose all incremental control...it's either on or off...HAS to be mapped to boost/cutoff, for the moment).

James_White #14 Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

• Developer
  • 0 battles

View Postphalnx, on 26 December 2011 - 08:47 PM, said:

Just got this stick, and it works GREAT!!!  This game seems to be made to play on this nice $30 beauty :) ...such a relief to have my control issues finally solved!  My only quibble is with the throttle...if it's fully open, it will apply engine boost.  I'd much rather be able to map that to a button than have to worry about how far I'm moving my throttle up. (again, if I map it to accel/decel, I lose all incremental control...it's either on or off...HAS to be mapped to boost/cutoff, for the moment).
To prevent it remap throttle axis to increase\decrease not to satrt\turn off buttons

Hop1990 #15 Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha Test Veteran
  • 0 battles
As i broke my last joystick, i will buy a new one and, i already know which one! :lol:

What was 'Careless talk costs' lives about?

Be a pilot, contribute to the power of the Air Force!

phalnx #16 Posted 31 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View PostJames_White, on 27 December 2011 - 06:40 AM, said:

To prevent it remap throttle axis to increase\decrease not to satrt\turn off buttons

Already tried this, James.  If I map it to accel/decel, I lose all incremental control...throttle is either ON or OFF, and that's not good.  I would suggest making the eeboost/turnoffengine buttons into the accel/decel (just change the names, since incremental control {with an AXIS} works with them), and/or separating the WEP boost function into a separate mapping, so that going full throttle won't accidentally trigger the boost, and those who want to use button controls for accel/decel can continue to do so. (Incremental controls work with accel/decel ONLY when I use buttons, NOT with an axis).

This post confuses even me, so let me clarify:
The ACCEL/DECEL mappings only give me INCREMENTAL CONTROLS if I map them to BUTTONS...it becomes ON/OFF when mapped to an AXIS.
The EEBOOST/TURNOFFENGINE mappings give me INCREMENTAL CONTROLS if mapped to an AXIS...BUT I have to watch how much throttle I use, or I will apply the ENGINE BOOST by mistake.
Solution:  If the ENGINE BOOST function was separated from these mappings and given its own different one (preferably BUTTON-OPTIMIZED), it'd be perfect.

NargilFenris #17 Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

• 7 battles
Tried mapping my throttle to the accel/deccel keys. Wierd thing is it says forward is the - axis and backwards is the + axis. In game when trying to adjust my throttle it just picks a random ammount of engine speed to give me or turns it completly off.

*EDIT* tried to remap my throttle controls with the new build and still having the same issues. Any help with this?

If you were looking for the A-Team I am sorry to inform you that you found the F Troop.

Kamisama #18 Posted 28 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

Airman Basic

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostJames_White, on 25 October 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

As for me I play with the same joystick and do not experience such troubles.
Try my joystick preferences, it may help.
C:\WoWp_Alpha\game\res\scripts\input_mapping
Attachmentjoystick.xml
thanks james  :Smile_honoring:

Plebian #19 Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles

View PostNargilFenris, on 12 January 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

Tried mapping my throttle to the accel/deccel keys. Wierd thing is it says forward is the - axis and backwards is the + axis. In game when trying to adjust my throttle it just picks a random ammount of engine speed to give me or turns it completly off.

*EDIT* tried to remap my throttle controls with the new build and still having the same issues. Any help with this?

Same thing with my Thrustmaster stick.

UberTank01 #20 Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

Senior Airman

• Alpha tester
  • 0 battles
  • [2MEF] 2MEF
I own the Logitech Extreme 3D pro and it isn't working properly? Did I install it wrong or what.

Whoops, I didn't put it into a USB Slot... Nevermind.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users