Cache Issue and Guns

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

needlenoses4 #1 Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:05 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

I decided to start the as a fresh topic instead of mixed in with something else.   Wargaming support has been trying to solve this for me.  Basically here it is.  First time into the game, like today, all is fine,  Guns fire correctly with my Joystick trigger and/ or the spacebar.  If I get killed ( which as a new pilot usually happens ) and start a new battle again all is fine.  BUT, if I exit the game completely, then re-enter anew, the guns jam ON using either/or. Of course all ammo gets used up and guns overheat.  Dead meat after that.

So, not being a code writer myself, has anyone come across this and found a solution.  May be apples and oranges, but World of warships works just fine.

I can fix it temporarily by clearing the specific cache each time I want to play, which sucks.

losttwo #2 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:49 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:unsure:

GhostPrime #3 Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postneedlenoses4, on 13 April 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

I decided to start the as a fresh topic instead of mixed in with something else.   Wargaming support has been trying to solve this for me.  Basically here it is.  First time into the game, like today, all is fine,  Guns fire correctly with my Joystick trigger and/ or the spacebar.  If I get killed ( which as a new pilot usually happens ) and start a new battle again all is fine.  BUT, if I exit the game completely, then re-enter anew, the guns jam ON using either/or. Of course all ammo gets used up and guns overheat.  Dead meat after that.

So, not being a code writer myself, has anyone come across this and found a solution.  May be apples and oranges, but World of warships works just fine.

I can fix it temporarily by clearing the specific cache each time I want to play, which sucks.

Hello! Welcome to the World of Warplanes forums! 

Does this issue occur when you are only using mouse and keyboard? What type of Joystick are you using?

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Claudio67 #4 Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15390 battles
All ammo used up? It's infinite.
Does it happen too if you choose mouse in preferences?

needlenoses4 #5 Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 14 April 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

Hello! Welcome to the World of Warplanes forums!

Does this issue occur when you are only using mouse and keyboard? What type of Joystick are you using?

If I hit the spacebar for guns, same issue.  I have a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  Funny thing is that all worked fine when I first started playing the game.  Good news is that I cleared the cache last night and managed to shoot down two planes.  An achievement for me.  Yahoo!!

Chuck_norris10 #6 Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postneedlenoses4, on 14 April 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

If I hit the spacebar for guns, same issue.  I have a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  Funny thing is that all worked fine when I first started playing the game.  Good news is that I cleared the cache last night and managed to shoot down two planes.  An achievement for me.  Yahoo!!

The only time I have seen the guns jammed is when I get packet loss and usually disconnected from the server like last night.

Congrats on the kills!

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 14 April 2017 - 04:16 PM.

GhostPrime #7 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:00 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postneedlenoses4, on 14 April 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 April 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

The only time I have seen the guns jammed is when I get packet loss and usually disconnected from the server like last night.

Congrats on the kills!

Packet loss could cause this issue as well. Did support check your network?

Find us on Facebook!

needlenoses4 #8 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 April 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

Congrats on the kills!

Ok; my error; the guns don't run out of ammo nor do they overheat.  Just keep on firing.

Entered the game this morning, same thing. It is not random. I have to clear out the cache and delete the folder before it works correctly.  Yikes what a pain,

needlenoses4 #9 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on 14 April 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

Packet loss could cause this issue as well. Did support check your network?

Yes; I ran WGcheck and sent then a report.  Supposed to check everything.  They had me clear out everything including the registry and re-install the whole thing.

Chuck_norris10 #10 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:39 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postneedlenoses4, on 14 April 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Yes; I ran WGcheck and sent then a report.  Supposed to check everything.  They had me clear out everything including the registry and re-install the whole thing.

if it was packet loss then on the top left of your screen you would see packet loss flashing in tiny red letters along with a % number.

if it lasts longer then a few seconds it will disconnect you from the server. Sometimes you can still fly but with guns firing steady.

Last night was really bad for me.

needlenoses4 #11 Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 April 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

if it was packet loss then on the top left of your screen you would see packet loss flashing in tiny red letters along with a % number.

if it lasts longer then a few seconds it will disconnect you from the server. Sometimes you can still fly but with guns firing steady.

Last night was really bad for me.

Have yet to see any sign of packet loss here.  Just got off of World of Warships so I can have some fun somewhere.  I really like sinking ships, but I would like to get back to flying.  On a side not, I am finally taking out my nine electric RC planes for a fly; been almost six months because of the rain and snow here.  I might be a bit rusty from the rain and the time away.  I have a need for speed.

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20983 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postneedlenoses4, on 14 April 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Have yet to see any sign of packet loss here.  Just got off of World of Warships so I can have some fun somewhere.  I really like sinking ships, but I would like to get back to flying.  On a side not, I am finally taking out my nine electric RC planes for a fly; been almost six months because of the rain and snow here.  I might be a bit rusty from the rain and the time away.  I have a need for speed.

I got 4 helis and a quad copter charging up here now.

You do have logitech 3d pro checked on the controller drop down box in settings eh?

Claudio67 #13 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15390 battles

You can create a batch file that clears the cache before starting the game:

Copy the two following lines and paste in Notepad:

rd /s /q %temp%\wargaming.net\wowp\cache
C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\WoWPLauncher.exe

then save the file to your desktop (in File Type box select All files instead of Text file *.txt) as wowp.bat or any name you want (preserving the .bat extension), and start the game using this instead of the regular launcher icon. (You can set the icon of WoWp to that file if you want a fancier look in properties, icon and then finding the WoWpLauncher.exe file)

needlenoses4 #14 Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 14 April 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

I got 4 helis and a quad copter charging up here now.

You do have logitech 3d pro checked on the controller drop down box in settings eh?

Yes, the Joystick is in the dropdown.  All the other switches are working on the stickbut I have yet to find where to view the switch configuration in the game,.

needlenoses4 #15 Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 14 April 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

then save the file to your desktop (in File Type box select All files instead of Text file *.txt) as wowp.bat or any name you want (preserving the .bat extension), and start the game using this instead of the regular launcher icon. (You can set the icon of WoWp to that file if you want a fancier look in properties, icon and then finding the WoWpLauncher.exe file)

Made up the bat file as you said but it is not starting the game.  I will check to see it it is clearing the cache and deleting the folder.

needlenoses4 #16 Posted 14 April 2017 - 07:47 PM

Senior Airman

• 65 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 14 April 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

BAT file is clearing the cache but the folder in the wargaming.net folder has to be removed.  Otherwise locked guns.  And the launcher is not starting  still.

Claudio67 #17 Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15390 battles
Maybe you've got the game installed not in default place (C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes)?

GhostPrime #18 Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postneedlenoses4, on 14 April 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

BAT file is clearing the cache but the folder in the wargaming.net folder has to be removed.  Otherwise locked guns.  And the launcher is not starting  still.

​Try running the game as an administrator. Right click -> run as administrator. 

Find us on Facebook!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users