Boarderline unplayable

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

DEUT5CH #1 Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

This game is boarderline unplayable!

Every game it takes over a min to get in.

Almost every game the team is ridiculously unfair.

and it only takes a sec to be killed by those high level aircrafts.

wthis with those heavies fighters? They are just so overpower. When ever I'm fighting another aircraft there is always that one a$$hole with heavy dive right down from up the top and fk me up in 2 sec. seriously!!! How is this fair??

DEUT5CH #2 Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
You should have room with no heavies what so ever.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 13 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

:facepalm:

Maybe fly higher so you're the one on top? Heavies are not very maneuverable, so get up top, and burn em down before they get you.

It's all about energy. Altitude = Energy.

Fly high, fly fast, fly smart, and shoot first.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 13 April 2017 - 10:01 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

DEUT5CH #4 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:01 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
This fly a tire IV P36, 95% of the time I'm put in the room with freaking tire V heavies and other tire V fighters. It gives me no chance of even surviving. Seriously!!! W T F

DEUT5CH #5 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
It did go high. No use. Heavies  are even higher 

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:08 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
This is not an easy game... I suggest finding a group of players willing to teach you the basics... I suggest Clan SF.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TeamTerrible #7 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

After 44 battles what are you expecting? world domination?

There is a trick to flying every type of aircraft and there are tricks to destroy them

Check out the new players section and it wouldn't hurt to review a few tutorial videos from Magus

Stick with it and don't give up

Cdn_Avro #8 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Really 44 battles?  When we grew up we had to fight flights of 3 410's  against some of the best pilots in the game.

You don't have to go higher just avoid low if you can't get higher.  Take shots when they miss.  One thing about those heavies

they lose energy very fast when you bring them low and make them turn.

Edited by Cdn_Avro, 13 April 2017 - 10:29 PM.

BrushWolf #9 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:32 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostDEUT5CH, on 13 April 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

This fly a tire IV P36, 95% of the time I'm put in the room with freaking tire V heavies and other tire V fighters. It gives me no chance of even surviving. Seriously!!! W T F

You only have 44 matches, drop down to tier 1 & 2 and work on getting better. Yes you will have to deal with the seal clubbers but better players exist in every tier.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

DEUT5CH #10 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
When I use P36 Tire IV, Its always the weakest plane in the game. I'll die before I even do one damage. I'm trying to go up the tech tree but with these games Every game I only get at most 100 exp where the next plane requires 14k. When I fly tire III planes, its better ok usually the average. But still, those heavies are just sooo annoying trying to kill me when I ever I'm fighting someone else. Why can't this game be fair???? Like light fighters only fight light fighters. Heavies just go scr3w with other heavier of same tire. Just competing each other's skill, not whoever has the best planes with like tank armors on them and flying faster than SR71

TeamTerrible #11 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBrushWolf, on 13 April 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

You only have 44 matches, drop down to tier 1 & 2 and work on getting better. Yes you will have to deal with the seal clubbers but better players exist in every tier.

View PostDEUT5CH, on 13 April 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

When I use P36 Tire IV, Its always the weakest plane in the game. I'll die before I even do one damage. I'm trying to go up the tech tree but with these games Every game I only get at most 100 exp where the next plane requires 14k. When I fly tire III planes, its better ok usually the average. But still, those heavies are just sooo annoying trying to kill me when I ever I'm fighting someone else. Why can't this game be fair???? Like light fighters only fight light fighters. Heavies just go scr3w with other heavier of same tire. Just competing each other's skill, not whoever has the best planes with like tank armors on them and flying faster than SR71

Tarp that p-36 and fall back like Wolf says

If its not working go with what does work and come back to it later

FreeFOXMIKE #12 Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 560 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostTeamTerrible, on 13 April 2017 - 04:09 PM, said:

After 44 battles what are you expecting? world domination?

There is a trick to flying every type of aircraft and there are tricks to destroy them

Check out the new players section and it wouldn't hurt to review a few tutorial videos from Magus

Stick with it and don't give up

what he said

the came will not give you anything past the first few planes  and going to vids you can learn the pros and cons of each plane

https://www.youtube....h?v=GdaNzcmm_I8

https://www.youtube....h?v=wz_GLZ0RlZ8

https://www.youtube....iTStTjntokBRxKw

think its an 8 parter  

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 13 April 2017 - 10:56 PM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Zapperguy #13 Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

You have 44 battles and you're wondering why you're struggling at tier 4...

I've quoted myself from some old threads to help you out.

View PostZapperguy, on 15 August 2016 - 09:46 AM, said:

This game typically takes 200 battles to not s*ck. You should try flighting with one of your clanmates and using comms such as TeamSpeak. Real-time verbal advice/instruction is invaluable to a new player.

Here are some very basic tips:

• Learn the 4 plane types - Fighter, Multirole Fighter, Heavy Fighter, & Attack Aircraft. You need to understand their strengths and weaknesses not only when you fly them, but when you face them.
  • Don't rush up the tiers thinking a better plane will make the difference. You need to learn to walk before you can run. Take it slow and develop your skills. You'll need them at higher tiers.
  • Don't be first. First to red is usually first dead. If you lead the pack the enemy will see you first and you will have several planes attacking you at once. Hang back in the pack!!!
  • Stay with the pack. In any type of fighter, you need to stay in/very near the pack to get any support. It's easy to stray while chasing, but you have to maintain situational awareness.
  • Situational Awareness comes with experience. Know where you are, what's around you, the status of the supremacy bar, where your team is, and where the enemy is. Try not to lose track of any of it during a battle.
  • Altitude is life. With the exception of Attack Aircraft (often referred to as GAs - ground attack), starting at the top of the green band or a bit above it will give you a better chance to pounce on your prey.
  • Learn energy management. Poor energy management leads to you stuck near the ground in a fighter with no momentum or boost to improve your situation. Keep your speed up and try to save boost for escaping.
  • Don't fight over red. New players are eager to rush out into battle not paying attention to where they are on the map. Enemy AA (anti-aircraft guns) will kill you! Draw then enemy to green and let your AA help.
  • Bombs don't spoil. Don't load bombs planning to hurry up and drop them, then fight planes. You will likely die before you reach a target of value or you'll lose a ton of energy and end up low and vulnerable.
  • Don't let yourself get angry. If you do, walk away for a bit. An angry pilot makes more mistakes and just gets angrier.
  • Watch others after you die. Use the spectate option rather than going back to the hangar. Learn from both the successes and failures of others. See what they are doing differently that has them still alive.
  • Have fun. It's a game. If it becomes a source of nothing but frustration, then you're doing it wrong.

Good Luck!

:honoring:

View PostZapperguy, on 12 August 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

I have had moderate success with the latest iteration of bots following commands. You have to look at the big picture, not just use bot commands as a panic button.

To have better luck:

• You need to stay with the pack - Do Not Lead !!!  If you are in the lead, you will be the first spotted by the ENTIRE enemy team. First spotted is often the first killed.
  • Let the bots lead as you climb in the direction you want them to go. Climbing will slow your forward progress allowing some of the bots to take the lead, but they will go in the direction of a human that is with them even if he/she is not in front. Remember, multiple humans means the bots can't follow everybody if you split up. Coordinate with the humans on your team.
  • Don't use F7 preemptively! They will reply "Negative" every time, which is appropriate. F7 is "Clear my tail" - enemy are chasing you and you are in imminent danger. I only use this when I have multiple enemy chasing me. And again, you must be near/in the pack. They will not help you across the map.
  • F4 is not an effective command, save the keystroke.
  • F2 is your friend. "Coordinated attack on..." Your job before you think about using it, is to lock the enemy you want targeted. Letting the game autolock whatever is in front of you, and then pressing F2 works sometimes. But, I use "next target" in my control setup which allows me to toggle through the available targets until the one I want help with is in the little target window and the game says target locked. Then I press F2.
  • Didn't work? Were you still near the pack? How many red vs how many green were there? Were they actively engaged?  Did you answer your bots' "SOS" cries? If your bots are right on an enemy bot's tail or have an enemy bot chasing them, they won't break off to help you attack a different plane. You have to be aware of the bots' situation as well as your own. They are your teammates, such as it is.
  • Situational awareness is something that comes with experience in this game, continually improving over time (if you're doing it right). Don't get target-focused and lose track of both where you are on the map and where the enemy and your team are.  It can happen to anyone but newer players are the most susceptible.
  • Finally, if you are near the ground and your team is at altitude fighting above you, then they generally won't break off making themselves easy targets as they dive to help you. 
  • If you are in a GA being attacked by another GA at the start, bots won't come down for you, but you shouldn't really need them to.

Good luck. Hope some of these tips help.

Read through these, especially the first block. If you truly follow my advice, you will improve. If you persist in thinking that the next tier plane will make all the difference, you will probably quit playing.

20thCenturyLtd #14 Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 5 battles

View PostDEUT5CH, on 13 April 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

This game is boarderline unplayable!

Every game it takes over a min to get in.

Almost every game the team is ridiculously unfair.

and it only takes a sec to be killed by those high level aircrafts.

wthis with those heavies fighters? They are just so overpower. When ever I'm fighting another aircraft there is always that one a$$hole with heavy dive right down from up the top and fk me up in 2 sec. seriously!!! How is this fair??

View PostDEUT5CH, on 13 April 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

You should have room with no heavies what so ever.

View PostDEUT5CH, on 13 April 2017 - 04:01 PM, said:

It's nonsense like this that made the game into what it is today. GLHF

_Warchylde_ #15 Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Absolutely noting wrong with the P-36. It's one of the best Tier 4 fighters.  It's boom and zoom striker, not a turn and burn fighter.  It can fight at altitude with the heavies (get high before you close in on the furball), and can out turn anything with two engines (just watch out for Bf109s, which do indeed outclass the Hawk).

The secret in fighting heavies, is to keep an eye on your map and radar, use the Left-Alt key to locate the heavies, watch for them to make an attack,and roll in behind them, or catch them when they come out of their dive and start to climb....that's when they are most vulnerable (whatever you do, don't go head to head with 'em....evade and roll in behind 'em).  Situational awareness, and knowing the other plane's weaknesses are key to successfully fighting those big, bad, ol' heavyweight meanies.

But back to the P-36.....

Here's a video that shows what it can do with a BnZ strategy. 

Edited by _Warchylde_, 14 April 2017 - 12:35 AM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Psicko23 #16 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Yeah, most likely it will take longer than 55 battles to get decent. This game requires you to have your head on a swivel. Situational awareness is one of the most important things in this game. Do you have your radar enabled? I'm not talking about the mini map. You can go to settings and enable it.

Instead of whining, you should be asking for help. We all started this game not knowing how to play it. The difference is that we didn't whine and moan about it asking to change the game, we asked for help and learned the game. 

mullyman #17 Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 30 battles

View PostDEUT5CH, on 13 April 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

​...which is why you shouldn't be in T4 with 44 battles.   Stick to the kiddie pool T1/2 until you figure out what you are doing.
mullyman.png

scipionmk #18 Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

The pic is to show that this is one of best planes tier IV for me. I played it most (800+ games up to now) and my fawourite plane to complete daily missions at low tier. It took me awhile to learn it as well as it will take to you too to excell in it.

Some of us invested years in this game. I play it for four years now and there is staff I learn every day. But I like the game and I will be around as much as I have joy playing it. Patience and will to learn is most. 100 battles per plane is a mark to learn what to do and what not to do. To do: be patiend, learn from mistakes, you can dodge less maneuverable plane, clear tales of friendly planes, stay in a group, look at the mini map and radar (situationall awareness), assess situation and react accordingly, use group commands, ask for clearing your tale if need (F7), coordinate attack (F2), watch the game after dieing to learn stuff from players and bots, learn angles to avoid rear gunner's fire, be aware of bomb traps from experienced players in a GAA or other planes with a bomb on it, watch sugested videos and so on.

What not to do:  oposite of all of above +: turn fight in less maneuverable plane or hf and ga agains more maneuverable plane, dive on first red plane you see way below you, separate from the group, being first to engage whole enemy team, shooting GTs with lf while there are enemy fighters allive, carrying bomb or rockets on a multi role fighters and  dogfight with them on-board, and so on.

dityboycom #19 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:27 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Boards are hard, and this game has been unplayable for nearly 2.5 years. 3.5 if you were here before 1.5

losttwo #20 Posted 14 April 2017 - 01:46 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Welcome to WOWP.

You say the game is unplayable ?

What kind of ping and FPS are you having ?

Or are you having computer related issues ?

Or is it your lack of knowledge about the play-ability of the game itself ?

The next tier plane will not make you better or increase your odds of winning.

There is no reason to rush up the tiers. Rushing up to the jets will only frustrate you with more

of a losing streak than you already have.

If you regroup and fly in the lower tiers to learn more about the fundamentals and get good in the lower tier bi-planes

then you can move on to the next tier.

If it is computer/ internet related issues then all I can say is either do not play or get a better computer.

It is a difficult game to play with a low grade computer/ internet issues but still can be done

IF YOU LEARN THE BASICS IN THE LOWER TIERS.

Here are some computer/ internet related issue video's to show you that

IF YOU LEARN THE BASICS IN THE LOWER TIERS YOU CAN START DOING BETTER IN THE HIGHER TIERS.

Spoiler
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users