Jump to content


Bot commands

Bot commands

  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Dave12w #1 Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 21056 battles
  • 426
  • [-ES-] -ES-
  • Member since:
    12-29-2013

It's been over a year now that bot commands were introduced.

I'm curious if players use them, which one's, and how effective

they are.  Pushing an f key or finding the right one I find distracting,

in combat so I rarely use them myself.  I do sometimes use f3 to tell

the bots to leave the last GA for me, it seems to work about a third of 

the time.



MALICE_AT_BIRTH #2 Posted 08 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22276 battles
  • 1,579
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
F2 and F7, thats all you need

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


losttwo #3 Posted 08 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,608
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

I changed the bot command keys to suite my needs.

I have the down arrow and up arrow next to the right shift key programmed for

" coordinated attack" which I also use any time I need my tail cleared ( basically a redundant command )

" engaging target " since they do not have " I got this one "

Those are the only commands i have ever used, even before bots were born.



Psicko23 #4 Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18880 battles
  • 2,616
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View Postlosttwo, on 08 April 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

I changed the bot command keys to suite my needs.

I have the down arrow and up arrow next to the right shift key programmed for

" coordinated attack" 

" engaging target " since they do not have " I got this one "

 

 

Engaging enemy is the closest to "I got this." If you don't kill the plane quick enough, they will go after it. If it's the last plane in that area they will still go after it.

  Those two are the only ones I use as well. 



Lethalhavoc #5 Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • 424
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostPsicko23, on 08 April 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

 

Engaging enemy is the closest to "I got this." If you don't kill the plane quick enough, they will go after it. If it's the last plane in that area they will still go after it.

  Those two are the only ones I use as well.

 

When I see a player request engage target, I tend to focus that target as quickly as possible.

If players are using this as a "this guy is mine" sort of thing, they should say that before the battle begins.



BrushWolf #6 Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:30 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • 5,641
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostSOJO, on 08 April 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

F2 and F7, thats all you need

 

Pretty much but I would add Engaging Target F3 for communication with human players.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


losttwo #7 Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,608
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostLethalhavoc, on 08 April 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

When I see a player request engage target, I tend to focus that target as quickly as possible.

If players are using this as a "this guy is mine" sort of thing, they should say that before the battle begins.

 

Doesn't matter to me if they press engaging target or not, if they can't kill it fast enough it's mine.

I don't care who kills it as long as it is dead.

 

If they wanted the kill that bad then they should have brought rockets.


Edited by losttwo, 08 April 2017 - 09:29 PM.


BrushWolf #8 Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • 5,641
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 08 April 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

 

Doesn't matter to me if they press engaging target or not, if they can't kill it fast enough it's mine.

I don't care who kills it as long as it is dead.

 

I look at F2 as this plane should die and F3 as I really really want this plane gone now.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                             

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Omega_Weapon #9 Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:20 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10814 battles
  • 593
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLethalhavoc, on 08 April 2017 - 03:04 PM, said:

 

When I see a player request engage target, I tend to focus that target as quickly as possible.

If players are using this as a "this guy is mine" sort of thing, they should say that before the battle begins.

 

​"Co-ordinated attack" button means "lets all gang up on this guy". Engaging target" usually means "this guy is mine, back off please". Most of the time bots will ignore both commands, but they do work on occasion.

Lethalhavoc #10 Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • 424
  • [OWSS] OWSS
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 08 April 2017 - 11:20 PM, said:

 

​"Co-ordinated attack" button means "lets all gang up on this guy". Engaging target" usually means "this guy is mine, back off please". Most of the time bots will ignore both commands, but they do work on occasion.

 

The thing is, is that the player hitting engaging target sees that message, but the rest of the team sees the coordinated attack message.

 

I had a player calling for coordinated attacks on 2 planes, like a good team member I dropped what I was doing and focused on shooting them down.

After the furball died down and we came out on top, that player decided to TK me because I stole his kills. We ended up losing that battle because of that.


 


 


Edited by Lethalhavoc, 09 April 2017 - 12:28 AM.


Omega_Weapon #11 Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:27 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 10814 battles
  • 593
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostLethalhavoc, on 08 April 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

The thing is, is that the player hitting engaging target sees that message, but the rest of the team sees the coordinated attack message.

 

​That doesn't seem right. If that is true, they should really correct it. Add it to the list I guess and maybe it will get addressed "soon".




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users