RU WoWP Developers Q&A 20170406

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Captain

• 11981 battles

Grenoli is back for a little while it seems. He posted a somewhat informal Q&A. This was posted in the World of Warplanes official forum → Communication → Communication on various topics → Comedy section on the RU WoWP forums

Block Quote

Grenoli # 5        Posted Today, 06 Apr 2017 - 11:09
Foreman

Developer

Block Quote

Ball__lightning (06 Apr 2017 - 05:30) wrote:
Q. Decided to look today on the Internet, what do we offer from online client games .... and found a very interesting fact WORLD of WARPLANES where none (ships, tanks, even tundra) on all sites, and WoWp is not . So online does not raise, dear you, our developers :facepalm:

A. At the moment the project has no advertising. There is no it more than two years. As for the catalogs of online games, their content depends on the site owners, and not on us.

RU WoWP froums source link

Block Quote

Grenoli # 7     Sent Today, 06 Apr 2017 - 11:36
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

_DASHA_DOMRACHEVA_ (06 Apr 2017 - 11:24) wrote:
Q. There is no advertising, no game. When are you already aware of this? All that remains is 3 thousand people, violent, dissatisfied embittered people. And also with a dozen outcasts - developers, exiled together with us in the link of their leadership to drown in an unprofitable project. A few more weeks and a new story will begin, in a new game, a sad or funny story, nobody knows about it yet. And the present game has come to say goodbye, rest in peace.

A. Let me disagree with you. :)

RU WoWP forums source link

Block Quote

Grenoli # 12     Sent Today, 06 Apr 2017 - 11:52
Foreman
Developer

Block Quote

_DASHA_DOMRACHEVA_ (06 Apr 2017 - 11:43) wrote:
Q. Your right. The paper will endure all. It is clear that none of the staff of the game will not write that the game is slowly wilted and is on the life support device. For a long time no one has been trying to treat her. Relatives and friends are just waiting for life to break off naturally, bending its head over an as yet breathing body.

A. What kind of posts you have too grim. :( Spring is in the yard.

RU WoWP forums source link

I thought I would let our community see what the RU region is talking about in the WoWP universe. It looks like WoWP is grassroots advertising only. So no budget at all for WoWP ads? Didn't Big Boss man just became a billionaire of late? Its that too costly to advertise?

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 06 April 2017 - 10:04 AM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 46037 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 06 April 2017 - 05:01 AM, said

I thought I would let our community see what the RU region is talking about in the WoWP universe. It looks like WoWP is grassroots advertising only. So no budget at all for WoWP ads? Didn't Big Boss man just became a billionaire of late? Its that too costly to advertise?

Indeed......

We've seen how this big wig has stated that he will personally oversee restoration of Tanks while also stating the devs have been allowed to take Warships and Warplanes in the directions they see fit

Then comes the possible fine print....yes you are allowed to do what you see fit but only under a certain budget

May be possible this fella once worked in a kitchen....:sceptic:

ArrowZ_ #3 Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 06 April 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Didn't Big Boss man just became a billionaire of late? Its that too costly to advertise?

I'm sure this is already apparent but "Big Boss" victor didn't become a billionaire just to advertise an underperforming title. And no I do not believe it is THAT expensive to place some ads online for a mediocre MMO like WOWP. Look at all  those garbage 2017 browser online games. Even they get more attention & ad support than this. That's sad man.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #4 Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3877 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Only 3000 RU players? I'm amazed that this game gets to generate any expenses at all.
You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

GouIdy #5 Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18602 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDisgruntled_WoWP_Vet, on 06 April 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Only 3000 RU players? I'm amazed that this game gets to generate any expenses at all.

WOWP average population for the last 30 days

Peak                   Period Average

RU       3000                             1623

EU       1350                              608

NA        520                               344

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #6 Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3877 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

So if we assume 5k people peak and that peak represents 1/3 of the total, there are 15k people playing this game and potentially spending money. Even if the average $ spent is a few bucks across all players, that's not enough money to pay 1 developer per year. 

LOL, puts a lot into perspective.

You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

Noreaga #7 Posted 06 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

anyone feel like they are stuck in a time warp, RU is starting to look like NA 2 years ago. The only difference is there is a response instead of silence.

Nimis obnoxii curare

death2019 #8 Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:33 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 24324 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
thx

Nvfx #9 Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21572 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
wow. EU is already reaching NA levels

1 user(s) are reading this topic