Hanging up my Paint Brushes, for now.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3270 battles

For the past week I have been trying to decide how best to make this post, It is very hard for me to do but it must be done.

Recently my youngest son was diagnosed with Autism, at this point they have not gotten anymore specific then this. This is a major change for everyone in my family, and for the time being I need to focus as much time as I can to adjusting both my family and myself to making sure my son is getting everything he needs to live as normal a life as possible.

My already limited free time is now all but non-existent, and what time I have to play games will be limited to mornings after I drop the kids off at school. As such I have made the tough decision to "Hang Up" my virtual paint brushes, at least for now. I have been making skins for WoWP since long before it's release, in fact I started during the Closed Beta Test period, and over the last several years have painted around 200 individual skins, many of which have been "retired" for one reason of another.

I currently have a couple skins that are either completed or have very little left to do. I will be trying to get them out over the next several days as time allows. Once these are finished I will no longer be painting skins, at least for the time being. I do not plan to stop playing, although I will be online even less then before. I hope to be able to return to painting in the future, as I get as much pleasure from it as I do from actually playing the game, if I didn't I would not have devoted so much time to it as I have over the last 3+ years.

So with that said, it's been a pleasure trying to improve the game for everyone, and I hope to see you all in the virtual skies.

Hawk

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20226 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

You are appreciated here Hawk. I'm sure you'll get your groove on and make it happen better than you think right now. Life just threw you a curve and knowing you you'll learn to hit it good.

I'll be wishing you and the family well brother.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Hawk, family always, ALWAYS, comes first.  The contributions you've made to the community, and the game in general, are beyond the comprehension of the average person.

Focus your energies on what's important, and the rest will take care of itself.

All the best to you and your family.  We'll see you around Brother. 

Peace,

Skip

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

20thCenturyLtd #4 Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18264 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
All the best Hawk. Sent you a PM.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

BrushWolf #5 Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Post_Warchylde_, on 04 April 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

Hawk, family always, ALWAYS, comes first.  The contributions you've made to the community, and the game in general, are beyond the comprehension of the average person.

Focus your energies on what's important, and the rest will take care of itself.

All the best to you and your family.  We'll see you around Brother. 

Peace,

Skip

QFT, Warchylde said it better than I can.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

KloudRains #6 Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

Master Sergeant

• 30792 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 04 April 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

QFT, Warchylde said it better than I can.

DITTO !

Rarearth #7 Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 36529 battles
  • [R-A-W] R-A-W

Big Hug brother , god speed. thank you for the time put in . And all the best from JE, Rarearth  ,and family . Sincerely Louis.

Cdn_Avro #8 Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 36525 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Thank you Hawk.  Take care of the family first there is nothing else in life that matters!

From all of the Whawks we wish you well.

Quesnel #9 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12881 battles
The game and the community will be waiting for you, take your time because the real world and family should always come first.

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:18 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Thanks for all the work you have put in and recently with helping with my Avro Arrow project (to be completed soon).  Take care of your son and family, you will find that when the most important things are looked after, there is always time to free up to work on the things you like.

Thanks again, as always I am available to flight if you wish.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GhostPrime #11 Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:24 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1545 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Family Is the most important thing, take care of them first. I too will miss your skins. :honoring:

See you in the skies! 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

hawkeyededic #12 Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:09 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3270 battles

Thank you everyone.

This is truly an amazing community we have built here, and I can say I have a certain amount of pride having been here since very early on. The folks on these Forums are in a way a lot like a family, they don't always see eye to eye, but when it comes right down to it, we are there for each other, even if it's only moral support.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

x_WARHOG_x #13 Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:11 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 29700 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Thanks for all your time and effort on some of the most beautiful skins ever in this game and you have made it a better game Hawk because of it but as others have said Family comes first and you take care of yours, This one will be here for you in whatever form you need......:honoring:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users