Can't dismiss crew in barracks

crew barracks dismiss

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bhfroh #1 Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 244 battles
I'm about to purchase a new aircraft and my barracks is full.  Before I sell the aircraft that it's taking the place of, I need to free up some space for the crew, as it is a pretty high skill.  Problem is, I can't dismiss any crew from the barracks.  I'll click the "dismiss" button and the screen will go dim and nothing will happen.  What gives?

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 45771 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Yup, had a few reports about this

Your battle count is rather low but you can try to clear your cache and do a few pc clean up operations

No go after that then sorry to say you may want to submit a ticket

They'll probably try blaming your pc for the issue and offer you the chance to purchase more barrack space (no discount either)

Chances are its on their end so don't fall for it, they'll eventually handle it 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20575 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTeamTerrible, on 02 April 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Yup, had a few reports about this

Your battle count is rather low but you can try to clear your cache and do a few pc clean up operations

No go after that then sorry to say you may want to submit a ticket

They'll probably try blaming your pc for the issue and offer you the chance to purchase more barrack space (no discount either)

Chances are its on their end so don't fall for it, they'll eventually handle it 

^nice reply^ ... at least you didn't give him the ol' dos /c format instructions

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

GhostPrime #4 Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:28 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1639 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postbhfroh, on 02 April 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm about to purchase a new aircraft and my barracks is full.  Before I sell the aircraft that it's taking the place of, I need to free up some space for the crew, as it is a pretty high skill.  Problem is, I can't dismiss any crew from the barracks.  I'll click the "dismiss" button and the screen will go dim and nothing will happen.  What gives?

Hello! Welcome to the World of Warplanes forums! 

Please do try and clear your game cache files and run the game again. 

To do this:

Press the Windows key + R

In the box that comes up type: %appdata%\wargaming.net

Delete the "World of Warplanes" folder

Run the game.

If that doesn't work you may want to consider submitting a ticket to support. 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

bhfroh #5 Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 244 battles
well, I know there's nothing wrong with my computer because it is literally a month old. I got it on the March 7th. so the problem is definitely on their end.

lemmekillmeister #6 Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

Airman Basic

• 2524 battles
same [edited]issue!

_Warchylde_ #7 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Clearing your cache will have no effect on this issue...trust me, I clear cache at least once per day.  

Definitely send in a ticket.

In the meantime, I figured out a rather cumbersome workaround.

I simply bought the Tier I starter plane for that particular nation (they're free), then put the pilot in question in that plane.

If you already have that plane in your hangar, then make sure you send any consumables and equipment to the Depot.

Now sell the plane (you get 0 credits for a Tier I) but in the Crew dropdown, select "Dismiss", rather than "Send to Barracks".

Voila', that pesky scrub pilot is sent back to REPLDEPL, and out of your barracks.

If you have more pilots to get rid of, keep doing the same thing until your barracks is clear of scrubs.

Caveat: You can only sell three planes per day.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 22 April 2017 - 12:15 AM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users