• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #1 Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 22639 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

S.I.C.K. What have We Learned Thus Far!

Absolutisms –

(1). I will not accept any player, any potential recruit, below a 60% win rate, I have no time to teach someone a game on a  learning curve that is designed  for a well meaning intelligent Orangutan to possibly ascertain a 45% win percent or below.

(2). Players at 50% are your socialites and play for fun; that’s special!

(3) S.I.C.K. wants winners that hate to lose, I never been one for the "Participation Trophy" accepting "Millennial Generation".

(4) There is no favoritism in S.I.C.K.; no one is promoted because they are my special friend! MARS is designing a program that is non prejudicial – players will be promoted on overalls XYZ, period!

• Prototypes A. 1 & B.1 below - A Great work in Progress!

(5) I have a nice team speak set up, not only will SICK members be promoted in game based on their overall piloting successes. But for those who like rank immersion and visual awards and accolades. I have designed a Military ranking System in SICK team Speak, I also incorporated specialty icons, an Old Jolly Roger (Cross Skull and bones; displayed for SICK accepted Member. Also, a 1000 kills, and 2000 kills, Aces Icon awards.

(6) On the Year, every quarter I will have a raffle for S.I.C.K. Members Only. On March 31, this past Friday, FlyDawg24 won a Tier 4 Premium Aircraft; he decided on the in game gold instead, 1500 Gold was paid out. MRGMRC won the Tier 5 Premium Aircraft!

• June 30th, I will raffle off a Thurstmaster T-Flight Joystick, $30.00 U.S. Value for S.I.C.K Members only!

(7) As a Clan Leader, I strongly believe in Taking care of your members, shelling out a few dollars of my own is no big deal, Not at all!  Wargaming destroyed this game because they failed to publicly endorse it; be it commercials, magazine advertisement etc, they failed all of us in so many ways, especially with no end game content or clan wars to speak of. I recruit from a WOWP population of 500 players (if we’re lucky) a night. So if I am going to waste my personal time in recruiting less than competent, common sense players! I refuse to treat or subject myself or my Clan members in that way!

• Taking care of your players, making them a valued part of your organization is paramount - with that being said, allow me to explain a few things -

SICK Aggressive Recruiting Tactics –

(A). Tired of My Recruiting Posts, Recruiting Invites, in game recruiting messages.

(1). Too bad, place me on ignore, or, accept the invite, or report me for doing nothing wrong, hence the ignore button option is availed to you in such circumstances of feeling uncomfortable.

(2). Here’s why I recruit aggressively; Players choose to be where they are for whatever reason, I get it. But I see so many statistically great players out there that are immersed in clans of substandard players I mean 45% and below, what a waste of time in IMO. Some clans Have their best and only player at 60%! How can you invest so much of your personal time and lose, like to lose, or worst accept losing; If I am going to waste my personal time playing any game, especially a war game, I prefer to win, I like to win, I definitely hate to lose! That is the kind of people I respect - "Winners", not court jesters and fools to be laughed at.

• Sorry all, I can’t stomach that; these are clans that are not concerned about the winning edge, or are in complete denial of aspirations of miraculously becoming competitive.  Whatever the case; that is nightmarish to me!

(B). If I have been trying to recruit you, the outstanding WOWP Player that you are, with the Number #1 Attribute COMMON SENSE! It’s because you are a great player plain and simple. If you join SICK you will be appreciated. You wont have to fly with substandard fliers in SICK, WHY, Again, They are all above a 60% win rate. I will be a supportive leader, I don’t talk the talk, I walk the walk. I am an old Marine and one of the many things that the Corps taught me, “Is troop welfare and Complete the Mission” Winning is the mission; you want to be social go on Face book, you want to hold pixilated hands go to match.com!

"Like me or not I don’t care, If you like winning instead, and hate to lose, then we have agreed upon a few things of common interest, it's a good start."

Thanks for your time all.

SOJO

S..I.C.K CMDR

http://na.wargaming....owp/1000043592/

Edited by MALICE_AT_BIRTH, 06 August 2017 - 05:32 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

losttwo #2 Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSOJO, on 02 April 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

• Sorry all, I can’t stomach that; these are clans that are not concerned about the winning edge, or are in complete denial of aspirations of miraculously becoming competitive.  Whatever the case; that is nightmarish to me!

Despite the fact you have not asked nor has anyone else. Here is my opinion anyway..

Your post was great all the way up to the quoted line.

I think you should have left that out. Of course it was a jab at Wargaming and their lack of performance but

it should be about the players not the lack of WG performance,

Currently I do believe that most clans have come to the realization that it will indeed take a miracle to have a reason to be competitive.

Now the current standard is which clan has become more social with the DILLIGAF attitude about being TOP CLAN.

My opinion is that 80% of the player base is more concerned about winning at all cost but social out ways the competitiveness.

After all, any individual can maintain a 60% win rate regardless of who they fly with or what clan they are in.

Being in the number one, top of the chart clan will get you what ?

Will you get any benefit from WG ?

Do you get a monthly stipend of GOLD ?

Currently, any individual can fight up with another regardless of clan affiliation.

DRAC can flight with GW or ES can flight with SSG, any combination really.

How about a more concrete reason to switch clans.

That in and of itself would be a miracle.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #3 Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 22639 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postlosttwo, on 03 April 2017 - 06:22 AM, said:

Despite the fact you have not asked nor has anyone else. Here is my opinion anyway..

Your post was great all the way up to the quoted line.

I think you should have left that out. Of course it was a jab at Wargaming and their lack of performance but

it should be about the players not the lack of WG performance,

Currently I do believe that most clans have come to the realization that it will indeed take a miracle to have a reason to be competitive.

Now the current standard is which clan has become more social with the DILLIGAF attitude about being TOP CLAN.

My opinion is that 80% of the player base is more concerned about winning at all cost but social out ways the competitiveness.

After all, any individual can maintain a 60% win rate regardless of who they fly with or what clan they are in.

Being in the number one, top of the chart clan will get you what ?

Will you get any benefit from WG ?

Do you get a monthly stipend of GOLD ?

Currently, any individual can fight up with another regardless of clan affiliation.

DRAC can flight with GW or ES can flight with SSG, any combination really.

How about a more concrete reason to switch clans.

That in and of itself would be a miracle.

Hello Lost,

I appreciate your comments - Always liked you. When was the last time Wargaming raffled off a Joystick, or gave out free premiums? I do that; maybe that’s reason enough for someone to switch clans? What other clans promote solely on overall performance, SICK does, that maybe a good reason to switch clans. What clans only accept players over a 60% win rate? SICK does, Does that make a difference to some? Who knows, but that’s how I run things in my clan.

Hey I am designing a SICK Endorsed Mr. Spaulding, Coffee Mug for my members with their names on it; I think that's pretty cool. I pay out of pocket for our TS; I do not burden anyone in my clan for donations for anything. There’s other things that I voluntarily and monetarily do for my members, Why, I want my members to feel respected and appreciated in my own way -  that’s how I do things, always have!

Maybe that is enough concrete for someone to Join SICK. I can do what I can with the limitations that Wargaming has provided us, they obviously don't care, some clans may lie stagnant, I believe in progression, if Wargaming can't respect its player base; Well, At least I can respect my SICK members in the best way I can.

Thanks Lost.

Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:12 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

losttwo #4 Posted 03 April 2017 - 05:26 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Awesome follow up and response. :great:

You had me at offering the coffee mug.

Edited by losttwo, 03 April 2017 - 05:27 PM.

Rarearth #5 Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 39383 battles
  • [JE] JE
Hello boys , nice day right . Yeah well .Im gonna start a clan with only winners, whine whine gotta have my percents , Im better than wg because Im gonna give stuff away , how cool is that . boy if it wasn't for this clan wowp would dry up. . What ever you do in this game is not going to effect anything. this is just a little distraction that's all . you cant stand to lose . psst no one like it , get over it . when you feel its your job to insult players in game and then try to come off as someone who cares where the game is going  , that just don't wash. You want to respect your players then respect the people who play against them. unfortunately a few clan leaders have taken a poor picture of players who don't or wont put in the time to become proper pilots . its ok . quit pounding your hand in your palm  and screaming nine nine nine . we fly 1 thu 10 players are just like planes 1 thu 10 . all are welcome . If you never have been bullied by anyone then you will not understand that it drives away people who would like to play but have problems with online social skills  . personally I would get rid of clans in open game let them have there own mode . and as far as some of the stuff that comes from in game chat from at least 2 clan leaders they should be banned. if your using coms why is it necessary to insult players using text chat in game. and on a more subdued level Good luck recruiting SOJO hope you get what you want you seem to be on a good start.                                                                       

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRarearth, on 03 April 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

Hello boys , nice day right . Yeah well .Im gonna start a clan with only winners, whine whine gotta have my percents , Im better than wg because Im gonna give stuff away , how cool is that . boy if it wasn't for this clan wowp would dry up. . What ever you do in this game is not going to effect anything. this is just a little distraction that's all . you cant stand to lose . psst no one like it , get over it . when you feel its your job to insult players in game and then try to come off as someone who cares where the game is going  , that just don't wash. You want to respect your players then respect the people who play against them. unfortunately a few clan leaders have taken a poor picture of players who don't or wont put in the time to become proper pilots . its ok . quit pounding your hand in your palm  and screaming nine nine nine . we fly 1 thu 10 players are just like planes 1 thu 10 . all are welcome . If you never have been bullied by anyone then you will not understand that it drives away people who would like to play but have problems with online social skills  . personally I would get rid of clans in open game let them have there own mode . and as far as some of the stuff that comes from in game chat from at least 2 clan leaders they should be banned. if your using coms why is it necessary to insult players using text chat in game. and on a more subdued level Good luck recruiting SOJO hope you get what you want you seem to be on a good start.                                                                       

Unfortunately you do not qualify to join SICK as your overall W/R is 47%.  Thank you for your time.

Regards,

MARS_

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #7 Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 22639 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Hello Rarearth,

To answer some of your questions,

Q. Do I think I am better than Wargaming because I have raffles for my clan?

A. Wargaming is a Multi-million dollar company, who has failed the WOWP Community -  They want us to make planes out of cornbread, and draw pictures, and do water colors, for minimal table scrapped gold. I make about 60,000 a year, I have multiple bills like everyone else, getting ready to retire actually; But I will do more for my clan members in one year than Wargaming had done for our community in over three years plus. Do I think I am better than Wargaming at present, absolutely based on corporate revenue, vs, and personal funds.

Q. Do I insult bad players?

A. Absolutely, for me, what constitutes a bad player - (3000 Games played with an overall win rate of 45% or less) lest we forget players voluntarily play this game of their own volition. If they don’t like my comments; Wargaming has provided, an “Add to Ignore List Button,” and the option to “summit a ticket”. Just as you have the right to hit the report button on this post because I hit a nerve and hurt your feelings, I don’t know, And I don’t care, at a 47% percent win rate with 34,000 games plus, I believe if I were you, and blamed others for all my inexcusable infallibilities thus blaming them instead of admitting my own weaknesses, I would continue blaming everyone else for my problems just so I could regain some delusional respectability about me as a person, so I can get through each day with a sibilance of hallowed pride and misconstrued dignity no matter how lazy I am to improve myself, it’s just easier to be the victim!

Q. Your rant about “we all play through 1-10 all are welcome, etc.” Whoa!!!

A. If you took the time to read about S.I.C.K; the only requirements of any potential recruit or member is to maintain a 60% overall win-rate.  I agree with you; there is no clan wars, no tournaments, to perpetuate or force me to recruit players with garages full of high tiers, only if they choose to do so, I openly welcome a 60% player that only plays tier 2’s, again - that member only has to maintain a 60% win rate. If a member just plays GA’s, again, has to maintain a 60% win rate. To beat the horse again, what does this all mean, anyone with a 60% win rate or better can apply to join S.I.C.K.  I hope this specific answer helped alleviate some of your misinformed rage.

Q. In part; don’t bully players they may have a problem with online social skills?

A. Maybe someone, aka; A Health care provider should moderator this specific player/person's exposure to a Socially On-line Massive Multi-Player Online marketed Game, Where the Social and or socializing is the premise and foundation to the former, hence, I know I don’t have a driver’s license, so I will drive a car anyhow! If someone has a disability, I am not blocking the proverbial Handicap parking spot; that handicapped person choose not to park there. Basically they parked in a spot with the rest of us and choose to walk the extra 100 feet to the front door! They choose to play this game with a social disability; I don't have any sympathy for this specific analogy; But I do have compassion, No SICK member is required to be in TeamSpeak if he/ or she chooses not to. Nor do I have mandatory training Sessions, or mandatory events, they can choose to be anti-social if they want to, they can put their ALT in my clan, Oh no one has them I forgot. Again, the dead horse analogy - All that is required from a SICK Member Is that they maintain their 60% win rate or better.

In conclusion, I can’t presume to know everyone’s real life struggles, What I can tell you is my concerns are Win percentages and players in game flying abilities, good I like, Bad, not so much.

Winners see solutions, Losers see Problems

Winners take responsibility, losers blame others

Winners see the gain, Losers see the pain –

SOJO

S.I.C.K. CMDR.

Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:12 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:59 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I thought stats didn't mean anything anymore as apparently they are easily manipulated?

Nice job looking after your members but dissing those who dont live for a 60% wr?

It means nothing on a resume and wont get you anywhere in life.

It's a game Sojo.

This is not real life.

Chuck_norris10 #9 Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:43 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 03 April 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

Unfortunately you do not qualify to join SICK as your overall W/R is 47%.  Thank you for your time.

Regards,

MARS_

I would not want to join,I fly lobo.

You may want to  try it sometime.

I got my wr from flying alone,can you say the same?

49.7,been that way for a year and I really dont care.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 04 April 2017 - 01:46 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #10 Posted 04 April 2017 - 01:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 22639 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostChuck_norris10, on 03 April 2017 - 07:59 PM, said:

I thought stats didn't mean anything anymore as apparently they are easily manipulated?

Nice job looking after your members but dissing those who dont live for a 60% wr?

It means nothing on a resume and wont get you anywhere in life.

It's a game Sojo.

This is not real life.

Chuck, it not about real life, But I consider Checkers, Monopoly, Lawn jarts, etc, those are what I consider as games.

When we have only have 500 players  on average; nightly  playing this game that is most likely the 500 diehards that have reaped and endured through these 3 years plus in WOWP. I would also assume that most of these player/ individuals have invested thousands of hours and probably half that amount in money into World of Warplanes if not more, time and money.

When you invest that amount of time and Money into a project outside jobs and mandatory responsibilities to our families; People have Hobbies! Hobbies require money and time, i.e. People’s hobbies range from Boating which requires alot of time and money, people rebuild and customize cars, again money and time, this are just a few examples.

Since I have invested a lot of time and money into World of Warplanes; I consider this as my Hobby (gaming in general). Since I enjoy my Hobby I want the best from it, just like a new paint job on that 1967 Chevy Chevelle Someone customized it, put many hours into it; I’m sure that individual expects the best in all aspects to the dedication he has put into that automobile. Just like I want a clan with players that have a 60% win rate and hate to lose; I consider that a wise investment into my hobby (IMO). Evidently with a 60% win rate I would assume they would consider WOWP a hobby?

Otherwise as far as I’m concerned, I have wasted my money and time for no good reason, only to say I lost a lot but it was fun.

No thanks, that's a waste of my personal time and energy - I consider Winning Fun, a smart investment.  Losing and being happy about it is a poor investment.  A laughing fool who loses, not really part of my DNA.

Thanks for your input Chuck.

Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:13 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSOJO, on 03 April 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Chuck, it not about real life, But I consider Checkers, Monopoly, Lawn jarts, etc, those are what I consider as games.

When we have only have 500 players  on average; nightly  playing this game that is most likely the 500 diehards that have reaped and endured through these 3 years plus in WOWP. I would also assume that most of these player/ individuals have invested thousands of hours and probably half that amount in money into World of Warplanes if not more, time and money.

When you invest that amount of time and Money into a project outside jobs and mandatory responsibilities to our families; People have Hobbies! Hobbies require money and time, i.e. People’s hobbies range from Boating which requires alot of time and money, people rebuild and customize cars, again money and time, this are just a few examples.

Since I have invested a lot of time and money into World of Warplanes; I consider this as my Hobby (gaming in general). Since I enjoy my Hobby I want the best from it, just like a new paint job on the 1967 Chevy Chevelle Someone customized it, put many hours into it; I’m sure that individual expects the best in all aspects to the dedication he has put into that automobile. Just like I want a clan with players that have a 60% win rate and hate to lose; I consider that a wise investment into my hobby (IMO).

Otherwise as far as I’m concerned, I have wasted my money and time for no good reason, only to say I lost a lot but it was fun.

No thanks, that a waste of my personal time and energy - I consider Winning Fun, a smart investment.  Losing and being happy about it is a poor investment.  A laughing fool who loses, not really part of my DNA.

Thanks for your input Chuck.

I did the same,leader of a 166 member alliance for 6 years and non stop wars.

I appluade your efforts to recruit and retain members,it,s a non stop job and very thankless and one of the reasons I fly alone.

With that many members in my clan I felt obligated to protect them and lived for it.

Dont let it consume you as it can.

Chuck_norris10 #12 Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:13 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSOJO, on 03 April 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Not at all, I have served two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, I brought all of my men home, that was thanks enough,  That time was all consuming, Having a clan of ruthless clowns, now that in its own context is fun! I do this from the safety and comfort of my own home, it’s enjoyable.

Thanks for the words of wisdom Chuck, Much appreciated.

I used to help out American marines in Nunavut with a fur connection during operation Nanook,your cold weather gear sucks.At minus 60 celsius plastic is no good. 

Used to meet lots of military guys in the small airports in the arctic,2 days flying to get there and for most it was their first time coming to do missions with the Innuit rangers. Most still pack an old 303 british.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 04 April 2017 - 02:19 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #13 Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 22639 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostChuck_norris10, on 03 April 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

I used to help out American marines in Nunavut with a fur connection during operation Nanook,your cold weather gear sucks.At minus 60 celsius plastic is no good. 

Used to meet lots of military guys in the small airports in the arctic,2 days flying to get there and for most it was their first time coming to do missions with the Innuit rangers. Most still pack an old 303 british.

the 1945 Jungle Carbine???? WOW!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Chuck_norris10 #14 Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22834 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSOJO, on 03 April 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

the 1945 Jungle Carbine???? WOW!

ww2  vintage lee enfield,called the lee melfort when it first came out I think. They work at - 60 celsius and why the rangers still carry them.I just know them as a 303 british,a popular deer gun when I was a kid.

Edited by Chuck_norris10, 04 April 2017 - 03:28 AM.

Rarearth #15 Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

• 39383 battles
  • [JE] JE

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 03 April 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Regards,

MARS_

And may I thank you for your time also , but I really wasn't asking. But then you knew that . Regards  Rare_

Rarearth #16 Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

• 39383 battles
  • [JE] JE
I really didn't ask any questions. But then you knew that .     

Quesnel #17 Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 13095 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 04 April 2017 - 02:13 AM, said:

Most still pack an old 303 british.

I still have mine and even with iron sights, I would make Deadshot from Suicide Squad sweat on a range.

As for S.I.C.K, may you exceed all your goals with the recruits/members that pass muster.

Edited by Quesnel, 04 April 2017 - 09:56 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

Colonel

• 34638 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRarearth, on 04 April 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

And may I thank you for your time also , but I really wasn't asking. But then you knew that . Regards  Rare_

I must have misunderstood, this being a clan promotional/recruitment thread, I thought people would post either to show interest or offer support.

Get that W/R up and we'll talk about you joining.

Till then, regards.

MARS_

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #19 Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 22639 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostQuesnel, on 04 April 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

I still have mine and even with iron sights, I would make Deadshot from Suicide Squad sweat on a range.

As for S.I.C.K, may you exceed all your goals with the recruits/members that pass muster.

Awesome Q, +1

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users