S.I.C.K. CLAN - To Revise Member Rank & Promotions!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #1 Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Hello WOWP Community –

As you can see from MAR_REVENANT’S WOWP API Thread (Recent posts) within the forums he is feverishly working on a better ranking system for S.I.C.K Members, and to help inspire Recruitment and Clan Unity.

Now, I will leave the particulars to him to explain in better detail, at a later date; ( I am Clueless to this technical Juggernaut); He initially did this without even consulting me; made me mad initially (P’ed off actually), but being an old man has provided me some wisdom, to think it through before strangling someone; In the whole scheme of things MARS is actually working for the betterment of the Clan, So in times of anger it’s better as a leader to allow individuals with better innovative ideas to call their own plays like any insubordinate Quarterback to his Coach (i.e. Outdated plays)  would do to win the game; You know, when the eye formation and wish bone we’re trumped by the west coast offense, lol.

Anyhow – Mars allowed me to see through my stubbornness and narrow thinking on “How" I made members earn their rank based solely on their overall Win-rate; I do admit after thinking about it,  it is in fact -  seemingly unfair; but fair in my own way in the beginning – Until recently I have created this clan in most part by myself and I did not want to promote on the buddy system like some clans practice, I wanted S.I.C.K members to earn rank based on their piloting merits, at the time I thought  the Overall Win rate was a quick but fair Fix; Obviously it is not. With MARS helping, and now that S.I.C.K is rising in numbers; S.I.C.K Members are making their presence known in game - it’s exciting to witness our hard work evolving.

With that being said, having A young buck like MARS, super motivated, way more knowledgeable than me concerning Excel, API, Spread Sheets, Stats etc.; With my appreciative gratitude; if he designs a better streamlined technical process; I concede,  IT’S AWESOME -  Thank you for your continuing Hard work MARS! I have seen the Light!!!!

A few of my policies will remain firm -  S.I.C.K members will need to maintain their 60% win rate to remain in the clan -  That’s all I am requiring -  MARS can Genghis Kahn the rest of the policy!! lol

S.I.C.K is truly on the Rise, it’s exciting, I believe S.I.C.K has grasped/ and harnessed a unique clan innovative approach since WOWP has failed at end game content, Clan Wars etc.

Again, I will ask MARS to follow up on this in better detail (With or without my Permission I'm Sure lol), more info to come for sure!

P.S. I know I am a hardliner Recruiting fiend; Nothing personnel, For all those I have been trying to recruit, I am doing it, Because Sincerely, there is a lot of hard work and dedication being applied to Enhancing a Cool Looking  innovative Clan; with Parameters befitting the Current state of the game; Truly this is coming from the heart. (I just want 60% plus win rate players or better to find a home with other kids that have harnessed the art of common sense, multitasking and technical proficiency!! It makes for a happy Home, less Domestic Violence lol!!!!)

With MARS working on the streamlined promotional/stats etc, system; maybe some of you have hesitated because Old man SOJO’s promotional policy was wacky, and that made you've backed off from accepting the invite? -  Well, I am sure MARS will do an awesome job with it (This dynamic promotional system) - A saw some examples, I admit it’s very Impressive.

Anyway WOWP Community - On a Personnel Level, Not my mean Altered Gaming Ego (LOL) Have a blessed day!

SOJO

S.I.C.K. CMDR

http://na.wargaming....owp/1000043592/

Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:25 AM.

SOJO.png

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:00 PM

Major

• 32029 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I do not confirm or deny changes to the SICK  ranking system.

However here are the changes I will implement.  Whether I am booted from the clan for doing so remains to be seen.

• Minimum overall 60% w/r will not be revised.
  • Winning is important and therefore w/r will be given a heavy weighting in the final calculation of the SICK RATINGtm
  • Being challenged is also important, therefore average tier will also be given a heavy weighting in the calculation of the SICK RATINGtm
  • A mathematical equation similar to hryunometr will be developed. It will be tested before it is implemented.  The criteria to be included will be as follows, and it will be run over a 4 week period so rankings can be updated to reflect your performance:
    • Games Played
    • Victories
    • Survivals
    • Kills
    • Assists
    • Ground Targets Destroyed
    • Average Tier

My reasoning:

You would not award the same purple heart to someone who lost a finger due to an infected paper cut received while filing shipment orders for guns & ammo as you would to someone injured in actual combat.  Receiving a gold medal for being unbeaten in chess against toddlers doesn't mean much compared to beating Deep Blue.

SICK is about winning, winning doesn't mean much against tier 1's.  This ranking system will push our members to perform and it will ensure recruits that they are joining a quality Clan.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #3 Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 29 March 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

However here are the changes I will implement.  Whether I am booted from the clan for doing so remains to be seen.

• Winning is important and therefore w/r will be given a heavy weighting in the final calculation of the SICK RATINGtm
  • Being challenged is also important, therefore average tier will also be given a heavy weighting in the calculation of the SICK RATINGtm
  • A mathematical equation similar to hryunometr will be developed. It will be tested before it is implemented.  The criteria to be included will be as follows, and it will be run over a 4 week period so rankings can be updated to reflect your performance:
    • Games Played
    • Victories
    • Survivals
    • Kills
    • Assists
    • Average Tier

My reasoning:

You would not award the same purple heart to someone who lost a finger due to an infected paper cut received while filing shipment orders for guns & ammo as you would to someone injured in actual combat.  Receiving a gold medal for being unbeaten in chess against toddlers doesn't mean much compared to beating Deep Blue.

SICK is about winning, winning doesn't mean much against tier 1's.  This ranking system will push our members to perform and it will ensure recruits that they are joining a quality Clan.

No boot, just a swift Kick in the pixelated Butt! Nice Job Mars - I'm good with it!! (+1)

SOJO.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #4 Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

ALSO WOWP COMMUNITY FYI -

As some of you are aware, mostly SICK Members, every quarterly year, I do Raffles for Tier 3 and Tier 4 Premiums or the gold difference, this is, and will remain the quarterly standard - as an example please refer to below inscribed link -  a drawing this Friday Actually!

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

My Next Raffled Prize (June 30) for SICK Members is a Thrustmaster T-Flight Joystick, I have one, It's awesome for WOWP  (See below) I truly believe taking care of your troops spells success!

IMHO As a Leader, SICK Members work hard to maintain a 60% or better Win Rate, As a Leader it's my job to keep them Motivated!

SOJO.png

PhoinexFire #5 Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8630 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSOJO, on 29 March 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Edited by PhoinexFire, 29 March 2017 - 09:57 PM.

MelBrooks #6 Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29566 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Throw another one in there, anybody that can toss back more than 10 shots of Jack in an hour and still function gets a promotion. That's a tough guy right there.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #7 Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMelBrooks, on 29 March 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Throw another one in there, anybody that can toss back more than 10 shots of Jack in an hour and still function gets a promotion. That's a tough guy right there.

lol, Nice!

Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:26 AM.

SOJO.png

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:55 PM

Major

• 32029 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 29 March 2017 - 04:00 PM, said:

• Games Played
    • Victories
    • Survivals
    • Kills
    • Assists
    • Average Tier

My reasoning:

Next steps

• Learn how to gather relevant data from the WG API
  • Develop a fair equation focusing on skill and victories
  • ???
  • Profit

Mackunaima #9 Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 29 March 2017 - 07:55 PM, said:

Next steps

• Learn how to gather relevant data from the WG API (Well I think you could just transform all the data as table for each player ranging dates. I can help you)
  • Develop a fair equation focusing on skill and victories (What about use some formula like this, not so fancy replacing variables https://en.wikipedia...ce_Index_Rating)
  • ???
  • Profit (???)

But if you like calculus, I can help you out using statistics over sample based data, or even desigining a new formula accordly your interest, which is going to be far more hard if you are going to consider range data. Eg: a plyer with 85% WR over 300 battles around tier 3 within 70% of time playing GA's, is not a proof he is more valuable for you than a player with 65% WR over 15K battles playing 90% of LF most on tier 9.

You will need to set your parameters and give them an constants values for increments to achieve deviation curves.

Man, this is a very good job. Probalbly you should register this later and sell it for WG.

Did you ever look WG formula for WoT Personal Rating

Edited by Mackunaima, 30 March 2017 - 12:21 AM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Bobby_Tables #10 Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:03 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 23395 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

You know, if you could also get everyone to get a breathalyzer and a home drug test kit and factor that in, it could have a large impact on personnel selection and promotion.  

Just sayin'

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:26 AM

Major

• 32029 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMackunaima, on 29 March 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

But if you like calculus, I can help you out using statistics over sample based data, or even desigining a new formula accordly your interest, which is going to be far more hard if you are going to consider range data. Eg: a plyer with 85% WR over 300 battles around tier 3 within 70% of time playing GA's, is not a proof he is more valuable for you than a player with 65% WR over 15K battles playing 90% of LF most on tier 9.

You will need to set your parameters and give them an constants values for increments to achieve deviation curves.

Man, this is a very good job. Probalbly you should register this later and sell it for WG.

Did you ever look WG formula for WoT Personal Rating

First step.... figure out how to collect the data easily.  Something like how the Hall of Fame looks if you select "My Clan" over 4 weeks.  http://worldofwarpla...k=MARS_REVENANT

A lot of the data I want is already there, I just need to figure out how to get it myself.  Once I have it, I can create spreadsheets.

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:29 AM

Major

• 32029 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Just realizing something, I am now seeing data collecting in my API application.  I probably wasnt able to see it lastnight as it hadnt hit a refresh point to collect anything.  But I can now see all the stats that I was pulling.  Just need to figure how to combine them.

eDIT... WELL MAYBE NOT, THE DATA i AM SEEING TRACKED IS HOW MANY TIMES i RAN THE SEARCH, NOT THE RESULTS OF THE SEARCH.... back to square 1.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 30 March 2017 - 01:35 AM.

Psicko23 #13 Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18531 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Well there goes a demotion for one or two of the sick members.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19953 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

... we're having a BIG giveaway at the WarHawks Clan Lounge...

... I'll need to get with Purdue on the specifics butt I'm not sure what he's going to come up with... :unsure:

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Mackunaima #15 Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Ok, Im going to sleep a little later today.

But look this. This is the query URL you want from WoWP API:

http://worldofwarpla...707095304115227

This is ging to return a kind of data in some kind of "pattern" called JSON. This that you can format it using Excel like I said on the other thread. But just to clarify how this data is disposed we can use some beautifier online software. like this

http://www.freeforma...-formatter.html

You will copy the result from first URL and past into the text field on the second link, and format it to see the result. This is going to be like this:

Spoiler

Where keys are going to be your column name, and for each value bracket you will have the proper result in row attached to relative key.

Well, this is a very little start, but is a good one for tonight.

PS: How did I get this already prepared query URL? Well, I went to page using Chrome, pressed F12, this shows a new inside window. There you can find a tab called network, than you can dig those URL's looking for type "XHR", so click on it than click the tab preview to see the data given back. But a better way is to use the proper API and set the parameters yoou want to.

PS2: How to send parameters without use API online interface? Lesson for tomorrow.

Edited by Mackunaima, 30 March 2017 - 02:19 AM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

LBAEZ #16 Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15366 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
good luck {SICK} look forward in flying with you guys and against you . 07

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #17 Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19953 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

for Sojo

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #18 Posted 30 March 2017 - 03:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 29 March 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

for Sojo

Cool, thanks Ace, IF Penny has a 60% win rate or better, He's in!

SOJO.png

Jetway #19 Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
can anyone truly replace tim curry's chilling performance?  I don't think so, but I must say from what I've seen this new IT looks like ledger vs nicholson.  It doesn't replace a legend but makes its own category of excellence.

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

Dsembr_Rein #20 Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10171 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Tim Curry is always great, but the original miniseries does not hold up at all. I know Stephen King doesn't mind his stories being changed for TV, but he really does a disservice to his books by letting so much get watered down by the networks. I'm glad they made the smart choice to divide the story into two movies, and I hope this movie does well so we get the rest of the story in part 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users