NEED HELP WITH WOWP API

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #1 Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:29 AM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Does anyone know how to access the API? https://developers.w...ication_id=demo

I need some help pulling down certain stats and developing a database or spreadsheet.

Thanks!

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GouIdy #2 Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yes

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I want to create something like this.  Not a website, only a spreadsheet for reference.  I dont need all the data he collected, just some stuff here and there.  I need the data to show over a 4 week period.

http://thatsmytwocents.com/clan/

GouIdy #4 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

#1 Get account id - select account/players 

put in player name in search

send request

copy user id

#2 select player personal data

plug in personal id

send request

MARS_REVENANT #5 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:12 AM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGouIdy, on 28 March 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

send request

copy user id

plug in personal id

send request

yeah I'm lost already.

GouIdy #6 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
If you get on ts I could show you EZ

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:07 AM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGouIdy, on 28 March 2017 - 11:25 PM, said:

If you get on ts I could show you EZ

maybe tomorrow.

Mackunaima #8 Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20718 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

You need to Google about: "Excel JSON data from REST API"

For sure you will need to improve your skill programming a little bit to have this spreadsheet updating dinamically. later you ca share this over web or also import into Google Spreadsheet and share it.

Here is a link with something to start, not so easy but will giv you some light. If you do'nt understand I can help you or at least start this spreadsheet for you within some samples.

https://community.po...urce/td-p/50400

Regards,

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Zapperguy #9 Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34316 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostGouIdy, on 28 March 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

send request

copy user id

plug in personal id

send request

This is confusing if you've never used the API for anything.. See the first post in this thread and see if that helps at all: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/35645-3000-bomb-kill-club-3kbkc

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

EspressoForHammy #10 Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZapperguy, on 29 March 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

This is confusing if you've never used the API for anything.. See the first post in this thread and see if that helps at all: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/35645-3000-bomb-kill-club-3kbkc

I looked at the site MARCO provided and was easily able to use Gouldy's instructions to pull the data. And I've never done anything like this before...

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Zapperguy #11 Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 34316 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 29 March 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

I looked at the site MARCO provided and was easily able to use Gouldy's instructions to pull the data. And I've never done anything like this before...

I wasn't criticizing Gouldy's post, but empathizing with the OP ({insert deity of your choice} forgive me) and his feeling overwhelmed by an unfamiliar interface.

Gouldy's instructions work fine. My link provides pictures and numbered steps. I gotta consider the audience, you know.

:trollface:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

I know enough about the API to pull certain stats from certain places.  What I need help with is to combine all those data pulls into 1.  For example I want to pull total battles, total kills, total assists, w/r, survival, and average tier over a period of the last four weeks for all members of a clan.  I don't want to pull data separately for each player.  I need to learn how to combine all the instructions together and add them to My Application.  and I need the data to be able to copy paste into a spreadsheet.

I'll look again at everyone links.  What I was getting confused about GouIdys steps was I thought that he was combining them, not doing 1 and 2 separately.

My overall goal would be able to pull the data that is used to develop the hryunometr ratings.  I want to add more aspects such as average tier to give a rating based in in game performance,  kills, assists, Gts, w/r, s/r, games played.  People playing against skilled players at higher tiers will be rated higher than people spamming tier 2 all day.

tsaegar developed this for WS... but he aint around no more.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 29 March 2017 - 04:05 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostZapperguy, on 29 March 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Thanks Zap, I went through you instructions and I have done that sort of thing before.  I need to write a combined script that will look up all members of a clan, then look up each of their stats.  I dont want to run through it one by one manually.

GouIdy #14 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 29 March 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I know enough about the API to pull certain stats from certain places.  What I need help with is to combine all those data pulls into 1.  For example I want to pull total battles, total kills, total assists, w/r, survival, and average tier over a period of the last four weeks for all members of a clan.  I don't want to pull data separately for each player.  I need to learn how to combine all the instructions together and add them to My Application.  and I need the data to be able to copy paste into a spreadsheet.

I'll look again at everyone links.  What I was getting confused about GouIdys steps was I thought that he was combining them, not doing 1 and 2 separately.

My overall goal would be able to pull the data that is used to develop the hryunometr ratings.  I want to add more aspects such as average tier to give a rating based in in game performance,  kills, assists, Gts, w/r, s/r, games played.  People playing against skilled players at higher tiers will be rated higher than people spamming tier 2 all day.

tsaegar developed this for WS... but he aint around no more.

As far as I can see the API doesn't provide average tier & would have to be calculated from player aircraft data.

GouIdy #15 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18609 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 29 March 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Thanks Zap, I went through you instructions and I have done that sort of thing before.  I need to write a combined script that will look up all members of a clan, then look up each of their stats.  I dont want to run through it one by one manually.

What you are using is basically just a demo to get info from the API & for what you want to do you need to register an application in the developer room that will pull all the data that you want.

You can get data from multiple players at once(up to 100) using the demo by putting all the player id's in the field separated by a comma & a space.

Edited by GouIdy, 29 March 2017 - 04:47 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:55 PM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGouIdy, on 29 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

As far as I can see the API doesn't provide average tier & would have to be calculated from player aircraft data.

https://na.warplanes...0/MARS_REVENANT does it... As long as I can get the raw data, I'm sure I can get it onto a spreadsheet and calculate it.  It looks like you caln look up the total battles in a plane, but it lists only plane ID in player details.  Then you have to go to WOWP encyclopedia and look up plane id and tier.  From that you can pull data at the beginning and end of the month, determine # of battles per tier and get the average for that month.  Seems like a lot of messing around.  There has to be an automated way to do this or at least combine the search for player, battles type and tier.

View PostGouIdy, on 29 March 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

What you are using is basically just a demo to get info from the API & for what you want to do you need to register an application in the developer room that will pull all the data that you want.

You can get data from multiple players at once(up to 100) using the demo by putting all the player id's in the field separated by a comma & a space.

Yeah, that is something I don't understand.  I created the application, but don't see how to add the queries to it, or see what it has in it, or how to get all the data out of it.  I am only able to see the results from individual queries.  I cant see how to run my application.

Yeah I figured I can get each player by copying the names in, but was hoping to avoid as much manual entries as possible.  I see how to get the member list of the clan, just need to get to the next step to automatically pull player data without having to enter the names myself.

Still working through Macks tips... sounds like I need some software on my end?

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 29 March 2017 - 05:11 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:37 AM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Thanks MAC, Sinister, and everyone else for the advice... Still learning, need to automate the steps.

This is what I have so far.  Using Microsoft Power BI was able to pull data for names and id, as well as ID and stats and linked them to create this chart.

The formula used in the table right now is (Kills+Assists+(Ground Targets/2)) / Battles + (Victories/Battles)+(Survivals/Battles)

Next step will be to figure out how to pull data for and calculate average plane tier.  The formula will then be modifies to add weight to wins and average tier.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #18 Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 22601 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Nice work Mars, can't wait to see final version! Thanks for all the hard work! (+1)

Edited by SOJO, 31 March 2017 - 05:04 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

losttwo #19 Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:47 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

My name is not on the list, my name is not on the list !!!!!!

NO ONE LIKES ME.

Not even our revenant alien

MARS_REVENANT #20 Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Major

• 34273 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postlosttwo, on 31 March 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

My name is not on the list, my name is not on the list !!!!!!

NO ONE LIKES ME.

Not even our revenant alien

I was going to say you are not on the list for 2 reasons, but I'm surprised to find that you are not on the list for 1.  You are not in the clan.... you do however have a w/r over 60%.  Once I get all data collection and manipulation streamlined, I can basically make one of these for any clan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users