counterpoint

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

losttwo #21 Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:37 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Just because I wear a KILT doesn't make me a bigot.

I will always use the men's room.

I'll have a little bacon and I'll have a little beans.

I will fight the bloody British in the town of New Orleans.

Topsight #22 Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 34414 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 28 March 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Firstly the use of that word to associate with membership in fraternity is offensive. The Russian mindset of thinking of a special gaming group that can be associated with a word in the south that uses extra K's is below the intelligence of humanity. And I am not going PC on the subject. There are many other associated words that could be used but is not because of being lazy in execution.

You can use variations such as:

-Group,gruppe, fighter group

-Squadron

-Division

-Air wing

-Fighter command

and so forth

Why were these naming conventions not tried?

But no one in WG has the foresight to see the one word that is associated with bigotry. Much less use a word with tribe like qualities from medieval ages. What progressive thinking is this?

The second part is there is no governing body of the clans to uphold good game play. I have seen clan member do nothing to their clan mates in matches, go crazy on friendlies, and genuinely act like donkeys in chat. WG will not correct any problem with clan members or their leadership because again that would be work and maintenance on their part.

The third point is there is no benefit in gaining the clan certifications. WG has trimmed most of what they use to give out for clan rewards if I understand correctly from the past with WoT. There is really no need to get gold from clan wars since most gold consumables can be bought in silver. And if you regards the clans as a mercenary organization, where are the signing bonuses for joining such clans?

The final point is that if clan wars matters in the WG universe, why is WoWP and WoWS have no infrastructure for such a thing? It is because it does not matter in the big picture of things. If it was important, WG would have had it done by now after 3 years later for WoWP. And when WoWS was released, CW would have done within 2 years at least by WG. WG is trimming what is not important from their infrastructure. Doing CW is not a maintenance free affair. It takes work to do in which they are not willing to support.

Now I am not against anyone from associating or gaming together, but have some sensibility to know what you are naming or controlling for an organization. And the only thing that I can associate as good for being in such a group is gaining the experience in being a better player and helping others improve. However to me all the above arguments outweigh that one good point. I welcome all opinions in this discussion.

Well said sir and as for the readers that don't post and far outnumber those that do, may very well far out weigh those negatives and trolling you got in this thread. The fact they don't clean-up the forum is telling enough in itself as to not caring about clan wars.

+1

Edited by Topsight, 29 March 2017 - 01:05 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostTopsight, on 28 March 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 29 March 2017 - 01:13 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Bobby_Tables #24 Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 23827 battles

Jaguardian #25 Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19834 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 28 March 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

Firstly the use of that word to associate with membership in fraternity is offensive. The Russian mindset of thinking of a special gaming group that can be associated with a word in the south that uses extra K's is below the intelligence of humanity. And I am not going PC on the subject. There are many other associated words that could be used but is not because of being lazy in execution.

You can use variations such as:

-Group,gruppe, fighter group

-Squadron

-Division

-Air wing

-Fighter command

and so forth

Why were these naming conventions not tried?

Why should other naming conventions need to be tried when this one fits just fine?

Just because a word (clan) or symbol (swastika) has been tainted by people, does that mean it is bad forever there on going forward?

If you are not using something in a negative way, it shouldn't be perceived that way.

You should take offense to how people act and not the words that are currently being used in a non-offensive way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users