Why Clan Affiliation does not matter

counterpoint

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

Firstly the use of that word to associate with membership in fraternity is offensive. The Russian mindset of thinking of a special gaming group that can be associated with a word in the south that uses extra K's is below the intelligence of humanity. And I am not going PC on the subject. There are many other associated words that could be used but is not because of being lazy in execution.

You can use variations such as:

-Group,gruppe, fighter group

-Squadron

-Division

-Air wing

-Fighter command

and so forth

Why were these naming conventions not tried?

But no one in WG has the foresight to see the one word that is associated with bigotry. Much less use a word with tribe like qualities from medieval ages. What progressive thinking is this?

The second part is there is no governing body of the clans to uphold good game play. I have seen clan member do nothing to their clan mates in matches, go crazy on friendlies, and genuinely act like donkeys in chat. WG will not correct any problem with clan members or their leadership because again that would be work and maintenance on their part.

The third point is there is no benefit in gaining the clan certifications. WG has trimmed most of what they use to give out for clan rewards if I understand correctly from the past with WoT. There is really no need to get gold from clan wars since most gold consumables can be bought in silver. And if you regards the clans as a mercenary organization, where are the signing bonuses for joining such clans?

The final point is that if clan wars matters in the WG universe, why is WoWP and WoWS have no infrastructure for such a thing? It is because it does not matter in the big picture of things. If it was important, WG would have had it done by now after 3 years later for WoWP. And when WoWS was released, CW would have done within 2 years at least by WG. WG is trimming what is not important from their infrastructure. Doing CW is not a maintenance free affair. It takes work to do in which they are not willing to support.

Now I am not against anyone from associating or gaming together, but have some sensibility to know what you are naming or controlling for an organization. And the only thing that I can associate as good for being in such a group is gaining the experience in being a better player and helping others improve. However to me all the above arguments outweigh that one good point. I welcome all opinions in this discussion.

Block Quote

i don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member- G. Marx

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 28 March 2017 - 02:51 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Bubba_Zanetti #2 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
You're taking offence to the word clan?  You don't like the Scotts, or don't realize that term has been used in MMORPG's much longer than WG has used it?  It's as silly as purging the swastika, which was a symbol of luck in many cultures, and I find offensive that the reaction is to banish/bury it out of public conscience, lest we forget.  That's my opinion. :honoring:

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:26 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Anyone that finds Tom Hanks offensive should give their head a shake.

P.S. Join SICK. Being affiliated with SICK doesn't matter.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 28 March 2017 - 03:32 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GouIdy #4 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

Video gaming clan Wikipedia

In computer and video gaming, a clan, community, guild or faction is an organized group of players that regularly play together in one or more multiplayer games, but is focused on a particular game.[1] These games range from groups of a few friends to 4000-person organizations, with a broad range of structures, goals and members. The lifespan of a clan also varies considerably, from a few weeks to over a decade. Numerous clans exist for nearly every online game available today, notably in first-person shooters, massively multiplayer games, role-playing video games, and strategy games. There are also meta-groups that span a wide variety of games. Some clans formed by groups of players have grown into multi-million dollar professional eSports teams.

If you associate a word with something other than the context or meaning that was intended then that is solely on you.

Edited by GouIdy, 28 March 2017 - 05:35 PM.

Quesnel #5 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles

I think the "offensive" train is going too far. Good luck buying future released versions of this cultural icon, with the image on the roof, as an example.

Edited by Quesnel, 28 March 2017 - 06:11 PM.

MelBrooks #6 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
:amazed::facepalm:​..........oh God!........the politically correct mindset is here now too. We can not use any term that might be misinterpreted as offensive to one individual. I'm not going to get angry, just pop a valium and high blood pressure pill and lie down for awhile.

Mackunaima #7 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 28 March 2017 - 01:17 PM, said:

:amazed::facepalm:​..........oh God!........the politically correct mindset is here now too. We can not use any term that might be misinterpreted as offensive to one individual. I'm not going to get angry, just pop a valium and high blood pressure pill and lie down for awhile.

What about a cold beer and many dirty slangs while hanging with friends?  :trollface:

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMelBrooks, on 28 March 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

I can see at least 10 different offensive terms in your statement. Please revise your post to read "this has been intentionally left blank" so that nobody will be offended.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

MelBrooks #9 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 28 March 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

I can see at least 10 different offensive terms in your statement. Please revise your post to read "this has been intentionally left blank" so that nobody will be offended.

​LOL.....I was going to bring up winter precipitation again, but the last time I was scolded, chastised, and given a timeout.

MelBrooks #10 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMackunaima, on 28 March 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

What about a cold beer and many dirty slangs while hanging with friends?  :trollface:

​Great idea! Right after I get rid of this headache and nausea.....:D

Mackunaima #11 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMelBrooks, on 28 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

​Great idea! Right after I get rid of this headache and nausea.....:D

Man, you can't use headaches as excuses.. "please beach"..:P

fallanger #12 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:12 PM

Master Sergeant

• 78 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
I hate the politically correct [edited for whiners] stuff I see about words.  For goodness sake find a safe place to stay out of direct sunlight. We have enough whining in the forums as it is.

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Postfallanger, on 28 March 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

I hate the politically correct [edited for whiners] stuff I see about words.  For goodness sake find a safe place to stay out of direct sunlight. We have enough whining in the forums as it is.

So SSG draws the line about whining at political correctness... 

BobozeeBear #14 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Save spaces for everyone!

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Texthor #15 Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:04 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 7 battles
The South is rising as I type......

Quesnel #16 Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles

"I am Connor MacLeod of the Family Group MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the...."

Sorry, doesn't have the same ring to it.

SluggerJackson #17 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4 battles
Is WoWP so bad that this is what you have to complain about? 

MARS_REVENANT #18 Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSluggerJackson, on 28 March 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

That sort of implies that we don't have anything else to complain about.  Yes WOWP is bad, and therefore NO this is not all that we have to complain about.

Mackunaima #19 Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSluggerJackson, on 28 March 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

FlakValleyExpress #20 Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Captain

• 16 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 28 March 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

You're taking offence to the word clan?  You don't like the Scotts, or don't realize that term has been used in MMORPG's much longer than WG has used it?  It's as silly as purging the swastika, which was a symbol of luck in many cultures, and I find offensive that the reaction is to banish/bury it out of public conscience, lest we forget.  That's my opinion. :honoring:

A homophone is a word that sounds the same as another word but has a different meaning and/or spelling. In this day and age, it sounds almost the same to me. Why risk the nomenclature?

View Postfallanger, on 28 March 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

Your opinion about the supporting the clan infrastructure name in WG products is your only objection as part of the discussion? So my other other points of the thread you agree with me then?

View PostSluggerJackson, on 28 March 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

This is a discussion on my perspective in saying the need for clans in WG products is not needed nor supported by the company. I'm countering GeorgePatton's POV arguing for clans from another thread.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users