Jump to content


Why Clan Affiliation Matters


  • Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

GeorgePatton #1 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

    газета

  • -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • 5,086
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

Hey Everybody!

 

I was recently reading a thread that argued that without a current Wargaming sponsored clan wars system there is not a good reason to join a clan that aims to be competitive by requiring specific amounts of planes, K/D ratios, etc. I respect the creator of that thread and did not want to put this post in that thread as it would not be helpful to the poster's recruitment drive. That being said, I disagree with the poster's assessment of the current state of clans and why/why not someone should join clans with a focus other than just pure winning.

 

First of all, I know that there is very little information publicly available on when/if clan wars will eventually come to Warplanes - this is discouraging, I know. But here are the reasons why I believe you should still try to join a clan that is prepping for the eventual release of clan wars...

 

  1. People remember which clans you have applied to, and which you've played with. Joining a clan that cares only about win rate and allows members to stat pad at low tiers is not going to look favorable when you go to apply to one of the prepared clans when clan wars hit.
  2. Playing with a clan that's prepping now will give you valuable skills when CW does hit.
  3. Working towards owning multiple tier 10 aircraft now will save you a lot of time when CW is released, and will massively increase your chances of being useful to clans you want to apply to later on - sure, you could do this in a clan that only focuses on win rate, but again, see number 1.
  4. Clans that are prepping are working on teamwork and winning as a team - clans that focus simply on an arbitrary number like win rate (my win rate is currently high enough to join any exclusive clan, so please don't say I'm sore...) are not really working on team communication and working together. This will be bad when clan wars actually hit.

 

So, those are my top 4 reasons why you should think carefully about which clan you join. Take it or leave it. I'm not trying to direct people to any particular clan or push them away from another - I just think it's important in the face of a lot of the 'in your face' advertising I've seen that people hear an opposite voice as well.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn


                                                                                                                                 Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.


Rarearth #2 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:13 AM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 39240 battles
  • 599
  • [JE] JE
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014
Well said sir .

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 20767 battles
  • 1,815
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2014

you have started an argument with a tree

 


if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.


MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34291 battles
  • 7,328
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 27 March 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

you have started an argument with a tree

 

 

Thats not your maple tree is it?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #5 Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22608 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGeorgePatton, on 27 March 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Hey Everybody!

 

I was recently reading a thread that argued that without a current Wargaming sponsored clan wars system there is not a good reason to join a clan that aims to be competitive by requiring specific amounts of planes, K/D ratios, etc. I respect the creator of that thread and did not want to put this post in that thread as it would not be helpful to the poster's recruitment drive. That being said, I disagree with the poster's assessment of the current state of clans and why/why not someone should join clans with a focus other than just pure winning.

 

First of all, I know that there is very little information publicly available on when/if clan wars will eventually come to Warplanes - this is discouraging, I know. But here are the reasons why I believe you should still try to join a clan that is prepping for the eventual release of clan wars...

 

  1. People remember which clans you have applied to, and which you've played with. Joining a clan that cares only about win rate and allows members to stat pad at low tiers is not going to look favorable when you go to apply to one of the prepared clans when clan wars hit.
  2. Playing with a clan that's prepping now will give you valuable skills when CW does hit.
  3. Working towards owning multiple tier 10 aircraft now will save you a lot of time when CW is released, and will massively increase your chances of being useful to clans you want to apply to later on - sure, you could do this in a clan that only focuses on win rate, but again, see number 1.
  4. Clans that are prepping are working on teamwork and winning as a team - clans that focus simply on an arbitrary number like win rate (my win rate is currently high enough to join any exclusive clan, so please don't say I'm sore...) are not really working on team communication and working together. This will be bad when clan wars actually hit.

 

So, those are my top 4 reasons why you should think carefully about which clan you join. Take it or leave it. I'm not trying to direct people to any particular clan or push them away from another - I just think it's important in the face of a lot of the 'in your face' advertising I've seen that people hear an opposite voice as well.

 

 

Cheers!
Glenn

 

 

Did he really just bring a knife to a Gun Fight? (LOL)

 

 

It’s Ok, He is referring to me, and that’s Ok, In response to a delusional retrospect, World of Warplanes was released November 12, 2013, adding today’s date March 28, 2017; that’s 3 Year, 4 Months, and 15 Days, basically 1,231 Days.

 

Now, I like to know when Wargaming is going to surprise us with Clan Wars; Or maybe a Commercial like World of Tanks has, or World of Warships etc,/ An advertisement page in a gaming magazine, any form of public advertisement. George I am glad that your purvey to the top secret inner workings of Wargaming HQ; I am not that privileged.

 

But from my experience; the average shelf life of any MMO and or Community Flight Sims; is approximately 5 years.

 

So, I will gamble with my chances with the way I run S.I.C.K, they way I recruit etc; I am a fairly an intelligent man; I think I’m safe to say that Clan Wars is a mythical pipe dream for all those who believe in Unicorns.

 

Moving on -

 

These Millennial’s these days -  "very gullible".

 

 

P.S. By The Way

 

 

 


Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:29 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


GouIdy #6 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18620 battles
  • 2,525
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013
I think your time would be better off spent preparing for an alien invasion because that is more likely to happen before clan wars comes to WOWP.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:06 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 34291 battles
  • 7,328
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGouIdy, on 27 March 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

I think your time would be better off spent preparing for an alien invasion because that is more likely to happen before clan wars comes to WOWP.

 

You and SOJO are like kindred spirits... Join SICK... we will not be prepared for tier 10 battles.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

 


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #8 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22608 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 27 March 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

 

You and SOJO are like kindred spirits... Join SICK... we will not be prepared for tier 10 battles.

 

 

 

Yes, Maybe we'll have enough time to grind out Tier X's before Clan Wars -  This is Big News!!


Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:33 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #9 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22608 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 27 March 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

 

You and SOJO are like kindred spirits... Join SICK... we will not be prepared for tier 10 battles.

 

LOL, Love Your Member Avatar Gouldy, NICE!

 


Edited by SOJO, 06 May 2017 - 02:33 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #10 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22608 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 27 March 2017 - 11:06 PM, said:

 

You and SOJO are like kindred spirits... Join SICK... we will not be prepared for tier 10 battles.

 

DELETED


Edited by SOJO, 28 March 2017 - 05:15 AM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


MALICE_AT_BIRTH #11 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:15 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 22608 battles
  • 1,624
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGouIdy, on 27 March 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

I think your time would be better off spent preparing for an alien invasion because that is more likely to happen before clan wars comes to WOWP.

 


MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

 

 

                                                    


Steel_bomber_ #12 Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15772 battles
  • 1,510
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

Very well said George !

 

Maybe another thing is the social thing, for me the only reason playing this game is because I can fly on teamspeak (discord) with teammates thus likely having fun.

This is not made possible by WG, so we find our own ways to contact each other.

 

 


THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

MelBrooks #13 Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 30270 battles
  • 1,117
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014

View PostGouIdy, on 27 March 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

I think your time would be better off spent preparing for an alien invasion because that is more likely to happen before clan wars comes to WOWP.

 

Gouldy should do the next survey for WG.......I doubt they would want to know the results, but it would be good for them. 

Mackunaima #14 Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20727 battles
  • 1,602
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

I was waiting 4 years for Clam Wars.. Now, besides your good vibe over here I just believe clan wars will arrive when my son have kids.

 

I just joined a clan on the last year over here only to play Air Raids and I hold in there cuz there was a bunch of really cool guys.

 

My only reason to still stay in a clan is about respect and friendship. Not even close about competitive endpoint, and cuz my primary clan didn't want to play planes anymore.

 

I know Im lokking a bit anger and bitter, and You need to know I like you and I have a lor of respect for you, You always were a good player and good person to me, but man, I have no pleasure to be like this and I have no reason to swallow none of these "sponsor" things.

 

My last word is: Im happy I didn't waste a single dollar over here being cheated by any premium plane or placebo events.


Edited by Mackunaima, 28 March 2017 - 12:05 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


losttwo #15 Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,609
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

While I understand the point Gorge is making and can see value in it for the newer players.

I do need to voice my opinion.

 

How many years has it been since the concept of Clan Wars has been anticipated ?

Personally, I am tired of waiting and feel like the song once bitten twice shy.

When the Clan Emblems were instituted I began to furiously grind towards tier 10 opting out of flying what brought me joy.

Then nothing.

Still nothing.

Still NO clan wars

 

To join a clan now is nothing more than joining a social network of like minded individuals that enjoy flying together.

Hope of Clan Wars being implemented SOON has long since past.

 

You will of course find people of various opinions. Some will hold out and keep working towards a future possibility.

They probably have disaster bunkers in their back yard with stock piles of food.

While there are others that, rather than working towards the just in case they would rather just enjoy the NOW.

You know the kind, live life in its current state and make it happy and joyful.

 

2012 has gone and past. We are still here.

There will still be time to grind later, spend money for premium time, commit to training time and so on.

 

Unless of course the Mayans were off on their calculation by 10 years.


Edited by losttwo, 28 March 2017 - 12:25 PM.


gerr22 #16 Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:34 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 15199 battles
  • 240
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
i see clowny  alien people

Mackunaima #17 Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20727 battles
  • 1,602
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 28 March 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

Unless of course the Mayans were off on their calculation by 10 years.

 

 

hey, don't misjudge my dead neighbors... :trollface:


"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


MelBrooks #18 Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 30270 battles
  • 1,117
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-18-2014
Yeah Mack, we are all in same place. We have not had much turnover at all. A few coming and going, but simply we get together and hang out and blow each other crap. A few more are playing ships and other games now. I am holding out that a " ranked battles " scenario at the very least would show up in planes. Nothing. I don't think WG understands the " snowball " effect. Bring in competitive game modes for the veterans and energize them. That increases good vibes in game and the forums and gets down to the casual players. Simple really. Marketing 101. 

Mackunaima #19 Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20727 battles
  • 1,602
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    04-09-2012

View PostMelBrooks, on 28 March 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

Yeah Mack, we are all in same place. We have not had much turnover at all. A few coming and going, but simply we get together and hang out and blow each other crap. A few more are playing ships and other games now. I am holding out that a " ranked battles " scenario at the very least would show up in planes. Nothing. I don't think WG understands the " snowball " effect. Bring in competitive game modes for the veterans and energize them. That increases good vibes in game and the forums and gets down to the casual players. Simple really. Marketing 101. 

 

Stuborn anda bit dreamer... I like your mojo.ya know it ma man.. :hiding: ( these gangstar sounds are for GangStar player.. :teethhappy:)

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

 


Jaguardian #20 Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 20067 battles
  • 933
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGeorgePatton, on 27 March 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

 

  1. People remember which clans you have applied to, and which you've played with. Joining a clan that cares only about win rate and allows members to stat pad at low tiers is not going to look favorable when you go to apply to one of the prepared clans when clan wars hit.
  2. Playing with a clan that's prepping now will give you valuable skills when CW does hit.
  3. Working towards owning multiple tier 10 aircraft now will save you a lot of time when CW is released, and will massively increase your chances of being useful to clans you want to apply to later on - sure, you could do this in a clan that only focuses on win rate, but again, see number 1.
  4. Clans that are prepping are working on teamwork and winning as a team - clans that focus simply on an arbitrary number like win rate (my win rate is currently high enough to join any exclusive clan, so please don't say I'm sore...) are not really working on team communication and working together. This will be bad when clan wars actually hit.

 

 

1.  Don't need to be in a clan to stat pad and there is no benefit to stat padding while in a clan.

2.  Only viable competitive team play strategy is to go high and kill the enemy.  Once again no need for a clan.

3.  No need to join a clan to work towards getting tier 10's in your hanger.

4.  See #2, only one strategy has been proven to work.  No need to be in a clan for that, just staying alive and being able to hit a target is all that is needed in today's game.

 

Only reason to be in a clan in this game is so you don't keep getting asked to be in a clan.


Edited by Jaguardian, 28 March 2017 - 04:55 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users