• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #21 Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 23 March 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Anonymous posting ?

I was always under the impression that the ( this ) forum was anymouse.

You do not know where I live.

If we visited the same place at the same time and sat next to each other we would not know it.

Would taking the names away form the posters change anything ?

Personally I would not have a reason to troll anyone anymore.

I troll a post to make someone angry. Using psychological warfare in the matches.

Sometimes it makes them come straight for me and try to take me out first.

Sometimes it gives me the advantage, sometimes it backfires.

The best part about trolling is seeing how someone responds to the stimuli.

Would hiding the names change the amount of trolling.

My opinion is that trolling would increase.

Think about it. No one to take responsibility for a response. No accountability.

With names visible we are accountable ( limited as it may be )  for our actions in the forums.

I think if that happened, that we'd spot you pretty easy, since you'd probably be lugging one of these things around. :trollface:

Posted Image

losttwo #22 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

can you hear me now

Lethalhavoc #23 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 23 March 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

can you hear me now

Do you mind me asking what kind of computer you're using?

I gathered, that's it's fairly old and not very powerful.

losttwo #24 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNoreaga, on 23 March 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

well lost we basically said the same thing and were typing it at the same time.

Jinx you owe me a beer

next time you come up to visit I will give you a bottle of my homemade wine.

Noreaga #25 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 23 March 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

next time you come up to visit I will give you a bottle of my homemade wine.

Up ? i didnt think you could get much higher than me (well i know chuck is). I will take you up on that!

Edited by Noreaga, 23 March 2017 - 04:20 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Cdn_Avro #26 Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

It wouldn't work I tell you.  Some people are so recognizable just by their posts. These people take the troll post way too seriously.

If they would just laugh once in a while.  Why do you think trolls exist?  It's not to guard the bridge but get a reaction.   But don't

stop the end result makes me laugh my butt off. This is dedicated to the "HamMarGoulSoj"  Keep us laughing!

losttwo #27 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNoreaga, on 23 March 2017 - 11:20 AM, said:

Up ? i didnt think you could get much higher than me (well i know chuck is). I will take you up on that!

:facepalm:...slipped my mind that you are a maple leaf and not a bird.

Then again, imagine what the trolls would of said if I mentioned going down

Noreaga #28 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 23 March 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

:facepalm:...slipped my mind that you are a maple leaf and not a bird.

Then again, imagine what the trolls would of said if I mentioned going down

ahahahaha, that is what she said.

oh god ive become one.

Nimis obnoxii curare

GeorgePatton #29 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:07 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRosebud, on 22 March 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

The thought occurred to me that a more intellectually excepting forum could be achieved if the names of the persons posting were omitted. Anonymity in posting and responding to posts, would allow for a freer exchange of ideas, void of previous biases. I for one have found myself less open-minded when it comes to some posters. Dismissing their ideas without giving them a fair reading, based purely on who they are. This does them and myself a disservice, as they may be making a very good point. Additionally trolling would become far less commonplace as the standard targets would no longer be obvious.

Anonymity would also make it harder for new players to actually get answers to their questions because people would not be able to tell the difference between a troll asking stupid questions and someone who genuinely needs an answer. As far as making people consider someone's idea more seriously goes... The players who are routinely ignored insist on creating posts that have already been talked about numerous times both before and after release. They are ignored simply because they are offering nothing new. If you have an issue reading a post that brings something new to the table simply because of who posted it, you may want to think about that.

Thanks for the laugh with asking for a more 'intellectually excepting' forum! I think you meant 'accepting'. Excepting is rooted in exceptional, which means you would be less open to ideas. ;)

The drawback would be a far less entertaining forum. Currently posts often deteriorate immediately into quick draw insults, chest thumping, medal polishing and scurrilous innuendo. I feel many are not here to exchange ideas or discuss game play. As much as they are here to perpetuate discord with a certain someone/anyone or invoke irritation indiscriminately. I know its mostly in good fun, but someone new may not. Sadly the omission of personal grudges and trolling in general, would leave us with a far less entertaining and much more vanilla forum. That is not what I want either.

The idea that these forums are here for the flow of ideas between the players and Wargaming is ludicrous at this point. The flow of ideas between players? Why would we need this? So we can all be upset that Wargaming is not listening to good ideas? 

The question is which or what parts are more productive for the game? Are new players drawn and retained to these forums by a wild west show or a night out at the theatre? I don't know...a little of both I guess. I do know that I have seen the same names for two years with very few new additions. This may be perfectly understandable as the player base hasn't improved. However, with the coming of 2.0 we may see a increase in those seeking further knowledge of the game. Maybe some change is in order. What do you gentlemen (I use the term quite loosely) think?

There are good people here who put up information for new players. There are also the trolls who stick around for the lolz. You get that in any internet forum and if someone isn't smart enough to figure out who the trolls are and where the real information is, maybe they shouldn't be playing a three-dimensional game anyway.

Cheers!
Glenn

Oh, yeah - I'd never be anonymous! haha

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

TeamTerrible #30 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeorgePatton, on 23 March 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

Bobby_Tables #31 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 593 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostGeorgePatton, on 23 March 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

You might not be anonymous, but a lot of posts could be attributed to you if they remove the IDs.  

Cheers!

Glenn

GeorgePatton #32 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:55 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 14 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBobby_Tables, on 23 March 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

You might not be anonymous, but a lot of posts could be attributed to you if they remove the IDs.  

Cheers!

Glenn

ahahahahaha very true!

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

mnbv_fockewulfe #33 Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 49 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Or we could all just change our names to be the same. We could all call each other Bobby_Tables

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 23 March 2017 - 10:18 PM.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Rosebud #34 Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 23 March 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

Thanks for the laugh with asking for a more 'intellectually excepting' forum! I think you meant 'accepting'. Excepting is rooted in exceptional, which means you would be less open to ideas. ;)

A) Thank you...lol, I didn't even realize the faux pas. (shows how ignorant I am) I appreciate the edification as I have a long path to my literary goals. Any assistance is welcome and humbling.

* (Added 3/24)

After further investigation I am amazed to realize that, for the exchange of a singular letter, these words mean two opposite things...lol. English...what a difficult language to learn, even for those who exclusively speak it. (Like me)

The idea that these forums are here for the flow of ideas between the players and Wargaming is ludicrous at this point. The flow of ideas between players? Why would we need this? So we can all be upset that Wargaming is not listening to good ideas? 

B) I was thinking of the community as a whole. Specifically, the exchange of ideas as it pertains to players regarding their general knowledge of the game. Though dissatisfaction with WG could obviously be included.

Edited by Rosebud, 24 March 2017 - 05:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users