Jump to content


This could have been done better – RU CT server feedback

analysis

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:14 PM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 11948 battles
  • 3,445
  • Member since:
    02-09-2012

I am seeing on the RU WoWP threads of discussion on the future game features planned for WoWP. Supposedly there is a good amount of players not happy with the new changes. However those players that are upset at WGRU, have not been included in the CT server testing. Information is being leaked and WGRU is not happy about that fact. There even has been a few videos showing new game features for the new WoWP, of which I am not going to search for or refer to in threads.

 

The RU WoWP supertesters are trying to calm the RU WoWP non-CT players because they do not have the big picture. The CPT players are doing the same. However some RU players are not willing to wait on the sidelines. They want full disclosure immediately.

 

Me I can handle the wait and see what new changes will be coming our way. I was upset before because I did not know that WG had only a few slots open for testing. I thought the testing was open to all that applied. I do know that phase two with the CT server will be open more for the WoWP community, but the question is by how much?

 

I am looking forward in seeing how much we, the players, are involved with the bombers in the new WoWP along with other changes too.. My concern is please don't make this update appear like update 1.5. I don't think our community can handle anything like that again. So wait and see what happens and cross your fingers for the future.

 

RU WoWP forum source link


Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache


Steel_bomber_ #2 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:32 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15610 battles
  • 1,317
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-28-2013

My fingers have been crossed, ever since the first update.

 

Nothing WG does will ever surprise me.


THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK
     
 
            

Quesnel #3 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Open Beta Survivor

  • Community Ace
  • 12754 battles
  • 4,847
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I am in a wait - and - see holding pattern myself. While I don't mind the "leaks" as mere previews of what could be coming, they don't show the whole picture, that could very well change at the time for the next update release.



Jaguardian #4 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:43 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 19526 battles
  • 845
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I am worried it could be another 1.5 as well.  I also wonder if they are getting further away from team play and catering more towards solo players.  That may be good for those people, but I would think with the current population, that WG would want to try to attract the competitive as well as the casual players.  I was not in the test, but from my sidelined view, it appears to me that players just get into battle and go do their thing with out a strategy.  At least in the current game you have the kill all strategy, or the supremacy (less effective, but still there) strategy.  I will wait and see and keep my expectations way low so I have less chance of getting disappointed again by WG.

BrushWolf #5 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10628 battles
  • 5,509
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
I can understand the fear and the devs past history easily leads people to fear the worst. To me it seems odd to create a new UI just for a single mode where a new UI for a complete overhaul is more believable. That said I will be in the holding pattern with Quesnel.

Edited by BrushWolf, 21 March 2017 - 01:08 AM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                            

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


Bubba_Zanetti #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:48 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 27699 battles
  • 1,187
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Maybe it's like strongholds in tanks, ranked battles in ships, finally a clan/team based mode that off-shoots from our regular deathmatch play?


MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31315 battles
  • 6,201
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 20 March 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

Maybe it's like strongholds in tanks, ranked battles in ships, finally a clan/team based mode that off-shoots from our regular deathmatch play?

 

uh.... no.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Bubba_Zanetti #8 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 27699 battles
  • 1,187
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 March 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

 

uh.... no.

 

That's sad then...they are repeating 1.5.  The safer route would be adding this to existing play.  If it swan dives like the historic battles in WoT, they could recover quickly.  If this is whole sale change...they obviously didn't learn squat the past 3+ years.  Devtards...


MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31315 battles
  • 6,201
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 20 March 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

 

That's sad then...they are repeating 1.5.  The safer route would be adding this to existing play.  If it swan dives like the historic battles in WoT, they could recover quickly.  If this is whole sale change...they obviously didn't learn squat the past 3+ years.  Devtards...

 

They have not specifically stated if it is an additional mode or a replacement mode.

 

I thought you meant it works like those other modes in WOT and WOWS... in that way, yes it is an off shoot, but not sure if it will be additional.


I never lose; either I win or I learn.


BrushWolf #10 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10628 battles
  • 5,509
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 March 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

 

They have not specifically stated if it is an additional mode or a replacement mode.

 

I thought you meant it works like those other modes in WOT and WOWS... in that way, yes it is an off shoot, but not sure if it will be additional.

 

That is exactly why the RU forum in up in arms over this. A new UI doesn't make sense just for one mode but not much Persha has done has made sense.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                            

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:21 PM

    Major

  • Member
  • 31315 battles
  • 6,201
  • [SICK] SICK
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBrushWolf, on 21 March 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

 

That is exactly why the RU forum in up in arms over this. A new UI doesn't make sense just for one mode but not much Persha has done has made sense.

 

This is partly the reason why they didn't want information released as it is still in development.  The screen shots and videos that were leaked are drastically different from what we have now, but are not the final product for the new mode.

 

I am hoping that the new mode will be in addition to the existing mode, and that the UI will be the same for both, that may mean adopting the existing UI into the new mode, or adjusting the current UI.  One comment bade was that our existing UI has elements such as target window, radar, minimap and team panels that can all currently be turned off.  So... rather than just make those elements unavailable in the new mode, just make them turn-offable...


I never lose; either I win or I learn.


Bobby_Tables #12 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:15 PM

    Senior Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 22890 battles
  • 482
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

View PostBrushWolf, on 21 March 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

 

That is exactly why the RU forum in up in arms over this. A new UI doesn't make sense just for one mode but not much Persha has done has made sense.

 

I thought the exact same thing, but now I am not so sure.  They (Persha) are referring to it as a "game mode".  Now, whether that is a poor translation from Ukrainian/Russian and actually means "total game replacement" we shall see.  I am of the opinion that it is a good translation and this is a new mode added to the game.

 

As to the new UI, I thought the same.  Why would they create a new UI and limit it to just the new game mode?  Simply put, because other games do the same or very similar things.  Other games have their arcade mode and the regular mode and maybe even a few other modes as well.  While most of the look and feel is about the same, some modes do play differently and look different from other modes.  I see that as being the case here.  

 

I do not have any top secret insider information so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I could be very wrong, but for now I am hopeful this is a new mode that might attract some existing players and will hopefully attract new players.   


Edited by Bobby_Tables, 21 March 2017 - 05:18 PM.


BrushWolf #13 Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:59 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10628 battles
  • 5,509
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostBobby_Tables, on 21 March 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

 

I thought the exact same thing, but now I am not so sure.  They (Persha) are referring to it as a "game mode".  Now, whether that is a poor translation from Ukrainian/Russian and actually means "total game replacement" we shall see.  I am of the opinion that it is a good translation and this is a new mode added to the game.

 

As to the new UI, I thought the same.  Why would they create a new UI and limit it to just the new game mode?  Simply put, because other games do the same or very similar things.  Other games have their arcade mode and the regular mode and maybe even a few other modes as well.  While most of the look and feel is about the same, some modes do play differently and look different from other modes.  I see that as being the case here.  

 

I do not have any top secret insider information so take what I say with a grain of salt.  I could be very wrong, but for now I am hopeful this is a new mode that might attract some existing players and will hopefully attract new players.   

 

I hope it is just a mode but having gone through the the NGE - New Game Experience in Star Wars Galaxies I am worried that they are trying to hide a complete change to the game under the guise of a new mode. A change that will only push current players away while not bringing in new players.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                            

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 


GiN_nTonic #14 Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

    Captain

  • Member
  • 19304 battles
  • 3,773
  • [-WS-] -WS-
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

I think we should try and keep an open mind, let WG work on it and see what they have to present.  Its its current state WG wasn't going to keep WoWP going.....so something big had to happen.

 

The videos i've seen appear like major improvements in some areas and much more dynamic play.



Noreaga #15 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • 2,775
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

yeah open mind, my heart wants this to go well. My mind keeps on telling "you never learn.

 

 


Nimis obnoxii curare


BrushWolf #16 Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 10628 battles
  • 5,509
  • [GWG] GWG
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 21 March 2017 - 09:34 PM, said:

I think we should try and keep an open mind, let WG work on it and see what they have to present.  Its its current state WG wasn't going to keep WoWP going.....so something big had to happen.

 

The videos i've seen appear like major improvements in some areas and much more dynamic play.

 

Have you ever played War Thunder, that is pretty much what the leaked videos are like. The lack of lead indicator forces the player to get closer before firing which is good, removes the one mile  cannon sniping, but with Persha's past history on changes, 1.5 anyone and their refusal to roll back that obviously broken patch the player base's worries are legitimate.

Edited by BrushWolf, 22 March 2017 - 04:21 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

                            

 

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

 






Also tagged with analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users