Targeting of Humans...and ruining the battle

targeting humans unbalanced play empty servers suggestion reasons servers are empty player retention

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: Targeting of Human Pilots (44 members have cast votes)

Do you believe that the targeting of human pilots occurs in most battles?

1. Yes (37 votes [84.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.09%

2. No (7 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Noreaga #81 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 23 March 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

This................

If more players learned how to use this window and the x button they would do a lot better.

people don't use that? most of the time that is my head on a swivel. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

x_WARHOG_x #82 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 29700 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNoreaga, on 23 March 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Exactly.............

But in my humble opinion most players don't................:facepalm:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

losttwo #83 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSwearengen5, on 23 March 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

...you can witness that MOD's overpowering effect in one of those vertical fights where a guy just climbs up high and waits for people to climb & attack him....then using their altitude/airspeed information he repeatedly will attack just as they near stall speed..that's someone using a MOD for massive advantage.  Watch for that one.

most likely they are not using a mod but the targeting window in the lower left of the screen.

You can see how quickly they gain or loss distance. You can tell if they are boosting.

If they have rockets or are out. Which direction they are facing. Even the altitude in relation to you.

If you can learn to read that window then people will accuse you of using the mod you are talking about.

heck, they will even accuse you of hacking.

Both of those windows on the bottom of the screen give a lot of information if you learn to use them.

MelBrooks #84 Posted 23 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29911 battles
  • [TRAWL] TRAWL

View PostNoreaga, on 23 March 2017 - 01:32 PM, said:

Precisely, I know three of the best players who've played this game( HOH wolfblitz, teksetta, and Eastern Dragon ) never used mods and ran minimal stuff on the the screen. They were just using the buttons and looking all around to judge the threats.

Edited by MelBrooks, 23 March 2017 - 06:56 PM.

Noreaga #85 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

wow thanks guys, one mans common sense is another mans revelation!

don't think i am still hard to hit, but back in the day. Seeing their AOA from that screen used to let me break at angles that made the EA adjust his aim on 2 axis. One more thing they had to think about.

Edited by Noreaga, 24 March 2017 - 03:16 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Swearengen5 #86 Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4471 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

View Postbeaver_cleaver, on 23 March 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

You don't need a mod to watch planes stall - you look into the window in the lower left corner of your screen.

Lol.  C'mon man...I think we're all aware of the rear window.  Just observe gameplay and you'll understand what I'm saying.

mnbv_fockewulfe #87 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4382 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 23 March 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

Lol.  C'mon man...I think we're all aware of the rear window.  Just observe gameplay and you'll understand what I'm saying.

Yeah, no. Not everyone that can sense when a plane is about to stall is using that mod. Its a mod called experience which should definitely be nerfed.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Noreaga #88 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 23 March 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Yeah, no. Not everyone that can sense when a plane is about to stall is using that mod. Its a mod called experience which should definitely be nerfed.

they have tried, and done a good job so far!

Nimis obnoxii curare

mnbv_fockewulfe #89 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4382 battles
Remember when we used to joke about nerfing the ground and it actually happened? :rolleyes:

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

x_WARHOG_x #90 Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

• 29700 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSwearengen5, on 23 March 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

Amen on that one, brother.

Some MODs really are cosmetic and don't effect your enemies or teammates gameplay, I completely agree.  Many others give information advantages and/or strengthen your abilities over others, and that's complete bullsh*t.  For example: the MOD that gives enemy altitudes and airspeeds is a significant one of those massive cheats...you can witness that MOD's overpowering effect in one of those vertical fights where a guy just climbs up high and waits for people to climb & attack him....then using their altitude/airspeed information he repeatedly will attack just as they near stall speed..that's someone using a MOD for massive advantage.  Watch for that one. 

Someone using a high flier for what it was designed for is no indication that someone has some type of illegal advantage, their are quit a few here that can do it and seems to me it's more of a failure on the enemy since they instead of using tactics to bring the high flier down fail and fight him in his element............

View PostSwearengen5, on 23 March 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Lol.  C'mon man...I think we're all aware of the rear window.  Just observe gameplay and you'll understand what I'm saying

First off it's not a "rear window" it's your "target window" since it can see all players around you not just those behind you and it seems you may not have mastered its actual usefulness.

Edited by x_WARHOG_x, 24 March 2017 - 12:14 AM.

GeorgePatton #91 Posted 24 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7413 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostChuck_norris10, on 20 March 2017 - 09:14 PM, said:

What would be cool is if players names were not visible for the first 3 minutes,it would change every battle.

Good idea or no?

I'd still shoot the players that went higher than the bots first.

Cheers!
Glenn

Swearengen5 #92 Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:14 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4471 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 23 March 2017 - 07:12 PM, said:

Someone using a high flier for what it was designed for is no indication that someone has some type of illegal advantage, their are quit a few here that can do it and seems to me it's more of a failure on the enemy since they instead of using tactics to bring the high flier down fail and fight him in his element............

First off it's not a "rear window" it's your "target window" since it can see all players around you not just those behind you and it seems you may not have mastered its actual usefulness.

It is VERY possible to use the "target window"  as you described (and it works pretty well) and it is no clear indicator that they are using an illegal MOD.  With that said, using the target window and the MOD that gives enemy altitudes/airspeeds is a massive advantage.  I'm making no accusations against anyone personally, but as experienced players, you guys must be aware that this is happening.

x_WARHOG_x #93 Posted 24 March 2017 - 09:43 AM

• 29700 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSwearengen5, on 24 March 2017 - 02:14 AM, said:

It is VERY possible to use the "target window"  as you described (and it works pretty well) and it is no clear indicator that they are using an illegal MOD.  With that said, using the target window and the MOD that gives enemy altitudes/airspeeds is a massive advantage.  I'm making no accusations against anyone personally, but as experienced players, you guys must be aware that this is happening.

First off it only gives the airspeed altitude is given even in the vanilla client so there goes half your argument right there and as far as the airspeed is concerned it may help newer players but I doubt it and for the veterans I'm pretty sure most of them can tell when a plane is about to stall even without the mod I know i can.

losttwo #94 Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:03 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Actually the unmodified window shows the distance from you.

By watching how fast the distance changes you can tell if a plane is closing, boosting, or about to stall.

Looking at the orientation of the plane will show relative altitude to you.

Noreaga #95 Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 24 March 2017 - 10:03 AM, said:

Actually the unmodified window shows the distance from you.

By watching how fast the distance changes you can tell if a plane is closing, boosting, or about to stall.

Looking at the orientation of the plane will show relative altitude to you.

That

jesus lost stop posting things that i was just about to post.  

Nimis obnoxii curare

losttwo #96 Posted 24 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNoreaga, on 24 March 2017 - 10:14 AM, said:

That

jesus lost stop posting things that i was just about to post.  

recalling drone now

losttwo #97 Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
http://Posted Image

Pogo68 #98 Posted 25 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostLethalhavoc, on 21 March 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

lol!

How can any mod that frees your attention to allow you to focus on other things, not be an advantage?

When at a glance you can see who's closing on your 6, or who's passing close enough to you to be a threat or a target without the need to pan or cycle targets?

Maybe you just didn't know how to use it?

Without adding any mods, the in game options allow you tell who's on your six, how far they are.

The game as a target designator box with options to add the player name, his aircraft and distance to you.

The radar checkbox, and the minimap give you a 360 radar map,

IRL you have nothing, nada, if you can't see it with your eyes, u don't see it

In fact, most of the time, you can't see anything never mind anything that was below you or in your low six.

The Team panel options in Game Options, give you the name of the opposing team, guess how you tell which is human and who's not?

Hint, the name.

(I don't need a mod to tell me which is the greater threat)

The game has an optional lead indicator, which hints at how far you need to lead a plane by if your going to shoot them

This should not exist in any but a handful of tier 9 or so aircraft, as they don't have automated ranged finders.

I come from the older flightsims where the only range finder was the ring in the gunsight and we had no targeting boxes or range numbers under the enemy aircraft.

You want to find out how far away that enemy plane is?

Measure it's wingspan against the ring in your gunsight and do the math in your head.

How much lead do you need,

See that plane, what's it angle to you?

How fast is it closing?

What's it's flight path?

Now do the math, move your plane and pull the trigger and see if it hits, 95% of the time, you'll miss.

The Hrunmod I have, I use because the Russian style icons are just wrong.

The only time there should be a Russian HUD or artifical horizon, is in a MiG, IL or other Russian built plane.

Every other plane in the game, the planes used by the US, France, Germany, Japan and half the Chinese planes should have western style instruments.

That's because the real planes were built in the west, and had western style instruments, and even the Japanese used western style instruments, the letters were in Japanese, but still, they were based on Western instruments.

Edited by Pogo68, 25 March 2017 - 02:30 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

LBAEZ #99 Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15548 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Sojo said it best it's a war game adapt period!!!!!

Edited by LBAEZ, 27 March 2017 - 03:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users