Targeting of Humans...and ruining the battle

targeting humans unbalanced play empty servers suggestion reasons servers are empty player retention

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Poll: Targeting of Human Pilots (44 members have cast votes)

Do you believe that the targeting of human pilots occurs in most battles?

1. Yes (37 votes [84.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.09%

2. No (7 votes [15.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.91%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Swearengen5 #1 Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:56 AM

Senior Airman

• 4370 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Enemy team names should be masked or hidden.  That way, you don't know how whether an opposing player is a BOT or human. 

Way too often I see experienced players in servers using this recipe for victory:

1. Target and kill the human pilots in fighters.

2. Target BOTs in any remaining fighters.

3. Kill humans in GA.

4. Kill BOTs in any remaining GA.

With so many BOTs in play, repeated use of this strategy is one of the main reasons the servers are so empty of humans, and player retention continues to fall.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:02 AM

Major

• 32792 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSwearengen5, on 20 March 2017 - 12:56 AM, said:

Enemy team names should be masked or hidden.  That way, you don't know how whether an opposing player is a BOT or human. 

Way too often I see experienced players in servers using this recipe for victory:

3. Kill humans in GA.

With so many BOTs in play, repeated use of this strategy is one of the main reasons the servers are so empty of humans, and player retention continues to fall.

Why don't you just defend the attack and kill the human that is attacking you?  Or better yet, kill him before he attacks you.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

panzerv0r #3 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:13 AM

Airman Basic

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 20 March 2017 - 05:56 AM, said:

Great idea, tbh.

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Major

• 32792 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

3. Kill humans in GA.

View Postpanzerv0r, on 20 March 2017 - 01:13 AM, said:

Great idea, tbh.

LOL... that moment when you comment too early in the thread with your alt account.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

ArrowZ_ #5 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9522 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 20 March 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Not gonna lie, this is actually a good idea. Would have been useful before bots. But then the counter-argument would be people would start targeting the considered "OP" planes first instead of trying to clear tails which is the most productive thing to do in most battles (which I fail to do - just ask gouldy)

As for the rest of the thread, I'm not trying to be mean by saying the contents of this thread is complete garbage. But that's just my opinion. I'm far too used to people who use the headhunting method way back when we could fill 15v15 matches, so this is not news to me. But I guess for someone who's too casual with these bots and expect things to run in a certain way ie. Making deals to ignore each other until all bots are dead then you begin the actual pvp mode... or calling out GA players to windowlick until all GTs are wiped from the map and THEN they start the Whale PvP (which is so painful to watch btw - 2 slow as GA's trying to out turn one another omg...) *

Like... really? Are you that afraid to progress through the already dead pvp in this game? Come on man! What's next? Ignore players in conquest mode?

* P.S.  if you're wondering what my response to most of these requests are it is simply this: "Do whatever" - Then I proceed to smash them with a tonne of client side bullets because they thought I would ignore them hehe...

Edited by ArrowZ_, 20 March 2017 - 07:11 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

MelBrooks #6 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 29891 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I always liked a little realism to be built into the game. The only  thing you can do is identify aircraft type and model, names are never revealed. It would change the entire battle dynamic for the better.

losttwo #7 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:37 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

and then someone will create a mod that identifies human or bots

:facepalm:

Edited by losttwo, 20 March 2017 - 09:40 AM.

losttwo #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

and ratings of players and bots

MelBrooks #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 29891 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yeah, ran both of them for a short time period, cluttered the screen up way too much. Have not used them in eons.

losttwo #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMelBrooks, on 20 March 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

Yeah, ran both of them for a short time period, cluttered the screen up way too much. Have not used them in eons.

I do not use mods either.

The last video I made did show the use of mods but that is the last and only time I used them.

I feel a similar fashion to you about mods.

RedSpartacus #11 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postlosttwo, on 20 March 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

and then someone will create a mod that identifies human or bots

You can develop a mod that reveals humans or bots only if you have access to the data. Technically seen you can prevent modders of doing so.

RUN WITH THE PACK

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #12 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 21947 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

3. Kill humans in GA.

It's a war game, their is nothing fair in War, Improvise. adapt, and overcome.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

pyantoryng #13 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12017 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 March 2017 - 06:02 AM, said:

Why don't you just defend the attack and kill the human that is attacking you?  Or better yet, kill him before he attacks you.

Agreement to not shoot each other is so out of fashion after the epic MM that kept making all-GA matches was replaced...Just ruin their game before they ruin yours.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

losttwo #14 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSOJO, on 20 March 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

It's a war game, their is nothing fair in War, Improvise. adapt, and overcome.

May I remind you that this is a GAME not reality nor the Marines.

Games were developed for snowflakes to have a fighting chance at winning and being good at something they would otherwise fail at.

So stop being mean and agree that WG needs to make things easier for people that can not even succeed at farmville.

Or I will hunt you down and put blanks in your pistol.So the real snowflakes will have a fighting chance at getting away form you too.

:playing:

Mackunaima #15 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20230 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postlosttwo, on 20 March 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

May I remind you that this is a GAME not reality nor the Marines.

Games were developed for snowflakes to have a fighting chance at winning and being good at something they would otherwise fail at.

So stop being mean and agree that WG needs to make things easier for people that can not even succeed at farmville.

Or I will hunt you down and put blanks in your pistol.So the real snowflakes will have a fighting chance at getting away form you too.

:playing:

Funny Mode: ON

:trollface:

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Mackunaima #16 Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20230 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Dude, Im going to respect your efort giving us some light trying to make this game better.

But I need to tell you 2 things:

1 - They will not listen to you ever, or us. Ever.

2 - games are designed and thy grab their population just cause they are exactly like what they are. Deep huh. But, Im saying if you don't like this game, you can move on and try a game you really like, don't try to change a game like this so much. Most of people over here like this game almost exactly like it "were", look, again, it "WERE", and most of people here, somehow... is waiting for it to come back, walking over water within smokes coming out and lights flashing all around. And I was like this. Now Im here with a bunch of guys just killing the last part of it and trolling Drew and A_D.

Did you realize forum has more people here, like twice you can see online in game?

Best regards,

Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Nvfx #17 Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21572 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Great idea. So every target is an equal opportunity rather than 3 guys heading straight for you for who you are. Frankly quite annoying. 

Disgruntled_WoWP_Vet #18 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 3877 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Even if you wipe player names, it is very easy to spot bots vs humans. All the bots cluster at nearly the same altitude and attack the first targets that are spotted. Humans typically lag behind the blog of bots since they are climbing longer to start the match. The bot behavior is so predictable over time that you could wipe the UI clean and you will still be able to pick out the humans from the bots.
You either die a Community Ace, or live long enough to get SICK and become a Community Clown. 

Lethalhavoc #19 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Once you play for a little while, you begin to learn which players are likely to headhunt you and which players will instead engage you as the situation demands.

Added to that, you should be able to tell how many of the humans are going to play determined by their plane and flight choices.

Many players, even knowing that you're a good player and that killing you should be a priority, will instead choose to engage the enemy as demanded.

My hat always goes off to these players and I try to return that consideration where possible, making sure that I try to have a kill or 2 before I go after them.

Because it is a war game, and the goal is to win. With that being said, when you're in a furball any plane that lines up for a kill, you kill it.

So, if that means circumstances demand that you focus the humans, you focus the humans, if you have the chance to be chivalrous, be chivalrous.

I just recognized your name, I've had you and your wingman Icepanther try to focus me down a number of times off the start of the battle.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 20 March 2017 - 04:10 PM.

Rosebud #20 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11975 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

3. Kill humans in GA.

You are targeted in every single battle. You are targeted by humans, you are targeted by the humans controlling their bots. You are targeted by bots in general. To ask if people think they are being targeted, is to ask if water is wet. As for your four points, you're spot on, that is how you win. If you're not following the recipe you deride, I guarantee you that your record will reflect it. If you see me on the other side and you acquire a decent winning percentage, then hell yea I'm targeting you. Every time, in every battle as long as it follows my other rules for successful engagements.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users