Joystick - Fire button delay

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

CruzANDBruz #1 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:24 AM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

I'm trying to figure out why I typically have a 1 to 3 second (and sometimes longer) delay between when I squeeze the trigger on my Logitec Pro joy stick and when my guns start firing on selected targets. I know about over heating my guns - it's not that. It's any time and typically the first time I pull the trigger.

Is this some sort of way WoW separates pilot skills? Nature of the beast? Possibly my lap top not handling all the sound/graphics demands on it? I see no other graphics issues. I'm running Windows 10 on a Toshiba L875D Satellite lap top with (A6 processor; 2.70 Ghz; 6 GB ram).

Anyway ... I'm left at guessing when my guns will kick in after I put the recticle on a target and execute the trigger. Two to three seconds is sometimes all you have on a target before breaking off, so it's a real problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by CruzANDBruz, 19 March 2017 - 12:28 AM.

DrSinister #2 Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:15 AM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Where are you located?  Only time I ever have a delay on my 3D Pro was when I play on RU servers with a 160-180 ping.  Normally on US servers I have a 30-60 ping and never seen the delay before and I am playing on an old PC i5-4460, 750ti OCed.  I have been playing with Joystick since the start of Closed Beta in WoWp and this the only time I have actually seen any shooting delay.

Most likely other reasons to have it happen, but I am just giving some insight on my personal experiences.

Chuck_norris10 #3 Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:37 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [300SP] 300SP
Instant shots for me when I squeeze the trigger on mine,dont think its the stick.

F16SkyPilot #4 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 710 battles
You are experiencing a problem with joy stick fatigue. The wiring harness from the top hat assembly to the main board connection inside the joystick is the problem. If you wish to know more contact me.

Edited by F16SkyPilot, 19 March 2017 - 09:48 AM.

"Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself."

CruzANDBruz #5 Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

View PostF16SkyPilot, on 19 March 2017 - 09:47 AM, said:

You are experiencing a problem with joy stick fatigue. The wiring harness from the top hat assembly to the main board connection inside the joystick is the problem. If you wish to know more contact me.

I guess the fix is a new joystick then. This one's got maybe a couple thousand games on it. Is that the typical service life?

CruzANDBruz #6 Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles
Thanks F16SkyPilot, you were spot on. I picked up another Logiteck stick from Best Buy today. Problem solved. This time I bought the $5 replacement warranty The nice lady said if I experience any problems whatsoever I can show my receipt and have a replacement handed to me. You can count on a problem within 2 years playing this game. My first one cost me only $17 because it was a Black Friday special. Looks like my next two (counting this one for $35) will cost me about the same because I WILL have a problem before the 2-year deadline. What a bargain!    :)

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:02 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 19 March 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

I guess the fix is a new joystick then. This one's got maybe a couple thousand games on it. Is that the typical service life?

no,cant see it being your stick myself,I have 3 and my oldest is from back in the pentium 2 days,probably 10,000 battles but the new ones are not built as good as the old ones,if there was a contact problem for your trigger then it,s something else and not your joystick.

Try enebling client side processing if you have not allready.

CruzANDBruz #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 19 March 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

no,cant see it being your stick myself,I have 3 and my oldest is from back in the pentium 2 days,probably 10,000 battles but the new ones are not built as good as the old ones,if there was a contact problem for your trigger then it,s something else and not your joystick.

Try enebling client side processing if you have not allready.

It was the stick. The problem went away with the new joy stick.

RedSpartacus #9 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 19 March 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

Thanks F16SkyPilot, you were spot on. I picked up another Logiteck stick from Best Buy today. Problem solved. This time I bought the $5 replacement warranty The nice lady said if I experience any problems whatsoever I can show my receipt and have a replacement handed to me. You can count on a problem within 2 years playing this game. My first one cost me only $17 because it was a Black Friday special. Looks like my next two (counting this one for $35) will cost me about the same because I WILL have a problem before the 2-year deadline. What a bargain!    :)

I'm not a fan of extended/replacement warranties. I've made the experience in case you need them your problem is excluded from the warranty. But how about a non-fee credit card that offers extended warranty for free for future purchases ?
  RUN WITH THE PACK

CruzANDBruz #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

View PostRedSpartacus, on 20 March 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

I'm not a fan of extended/replacement warranties. I've made the experience in case you need them your problem is excluded from the warranty. But how about a non-fee credit card that offers extended warranty for free for future purchases ?

I'm not a fan of them either and never buy them, but $5 for a two-year replacement plan sounded like a good idea under the circumstances. My Logitech stick was only 4 months old. Joysticks take a beating on this game, but this one was clearly a defective product. Logitech says it has a 2-year limited warranty, but I've dealt with manufacturer's limited warranties before. It's always normal wear and tear.

Psicko23 #11 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:21 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Must have been a defective joystick. Im on my first Logitech 3d pro joystick and I have a guesstimate of 6-7k battles on it. 5k at the minimum. Glad you figured out the problem.

Pogo68 #12 Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I'm on my first CH joystick which I got in 2010.

Bought it to play Falcon 4.0, LoMAC, IL-2 1946, Mechwarrior and GT Legends.

(yep, sim racing with a joystick)

Edited by Pogo68, 25 March 2017 - 02:49 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

needlenoses4 #13 Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
I am using a relatively new Logitech Extreme 3D  Pro and up until yesterday, no issues.  Now when I squeeze the trigger on the stick, the guns won't quit firing.  They of course overheat and/or finally just stop firing.  Tried the stick on a couple of other games and guns work just fine.  All the times I flew before yesterday all was fine.  I will go back into the game and try firing from keyboard ( spacebar I think ) to see if the same issue applies there.

needlenoses4 #14 Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

Me again; so I went back into a fresh game flying that little Goldfinch and without touching the stick I fired the guns with the spacebar; same issue, guns would not stop firing.  Hard to battle on with no ammo. Sitting duck.

Also tried different plane.  Same thing.

Edited by needlenoses4, 01 April 2017 - 06:52 PM.

Psicko23 #15 Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Needlenose try clearing your cache

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Edited by Psicko23, 02 April 2017 - 04:55 AM.

needlenoses4 #16 Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 01 April 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Hot damn; that solved the issue.  Thanks much for the solution.   Now, how do I stay alive in combat.:teethhappy:

Psicko23 #17 Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Glad that worked. Whenever there is a glitch try that first. 

Staying alive is more tricky. There are a lot of helpful guides in this subforum and the guides tactics. Do you have the radar enabled? For some stupid reason Persha decided to make the mini map show up by default, but not the radar. To enable radar, go into settings and it should be in the tab that is second to the right. Situational awareness is very important to survival, if you are being shot up, it is probably too late. Use the mini map, radar, and mini screen on the bottom left(you can scroll through the enemy planes to see which ones are going after you). If you can find a veteran in game, ask for help. If you have team speak or curse beta and a gaming headset, that is the best option for fighting up with someone who knows what they are doing, and they can help you that way. In this game you want to get an advantage of planes for your team. The more you can kill with the least killed on your team, makes for better chances. However a good pilot may still be able to win. Oh, if you die, watch the other humans on your team and see what they do. Eventually you will recognize names of people that win, watch them. Don't give up, this game takes awhile to get decent at. There is much to learn. Browse through the guides for help, and don't be too shy to ask for help. 

needlenoses4 #18 Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 01 April 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

Sorry to say that after a break from playing here, the cache issue still exists.  If I just exit a battle and go back into a new battle the guns are working.  If I completely exit to my desktop and re-enter the game the guns will lock up firing until ammo gone or the guns just overheat.  I don't have a cache issue in WoWS if that gives a hint.  I am running a quick copy of Windows 7 and everything else works just fine and dandy.  HD is a SSD for a bit more speed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users