26 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #21 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 8461 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostMackunaima, on 13 March 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

Where is your pilot head at 58 seconds?

Man, a headless pilot.. meaning so many things.

Still chuckling at this one....

On a more technical note:

Topsight sent me the replay file, and asked me to make a video for him (including both personal scorecard and team scorecard).

One thing I noticed while recording the replay....his pilot does indeed have a head.

Since I don't have the res_mod file for the skin he's using, I can only assume that the skin mod has something to do with it.

I'm curious if this is a common occurrence for you Topsight, or just a one-time glitch....I remember a weird graphics glitch in my Beaufighter, several patches ago.....

And yes, I fought the entire battle like this (continuously wondering if I really WAS flying an invisible plane, lol).

Edited by _Warchylde_, 14 March 2017 - 02:35 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

Mackunaima #22 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Man, it is the latest stealthy NASA plane and WG is ahead releasing the newest OP prototype to give us many whyining threads.. :bajan:

Edited by Mackunaima, 14 March 2017 - 02:43 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

_Warchylde_ #23 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 8461 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Remember the graphics glitch that changed your plane's skin to that of whomever you were targeting?  I think I still have that video somewhere (and oh yeah, it's another Rush song... LOL)

Edited by _Warchylde_, 14 March 2017 - 02:54 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

MARS_REVENANT #24 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Closed Public Test
  • 30482 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 14 March 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Topsight sent me the replay file, and asked me to make a video for him (including both personal scorecard and team scorecard).

One thing I noticed while recording the replay....his pilot does indeed have a head.

Since I don't have the res_mod file for the skin he's using, I can only assume that the skin mod has something to do with it.

I'm curious if this is a common occurrence for you Topsight, or just a one-time glitch....I remember a weird graphics glitch in my Beaufighter, several patches ago.....

And yes, I fought the entire battle like this (continuously wondering if I really WAS flying an invisible plane, lol).

I have the same headless pilot for my Canadian F-86, but I didn't want to post it to the forums due to obvious trolling issues... so I'm glad someone beat me to it.  I think the headless issue comes from the XML file to remove the original US markings and not the skin itself.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Topsight #25 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 34081 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View Post_Warchylde_, on 14 March 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the heads-up War. I have been working with Support over this issue of the headless pilot. I turned in a ticket on it after making the video yesterday. Support  told me to remove the skin mods and re-run the WG Tool again and am waiting for their response back; should be today. I have to remove the cachebin file in Foxtrox1's instructions for his skins in order for the skins to work. I have found if I don't do this I get double aircraft markings. Going to leave the skins off now because of the issues that are caused by them.

Edited by Topsight, 14 March 2017 - 03:31 PM.

Topsight #26 Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 34081 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Just notified Peter205 (Foxtrox1) about this post and modification file and procedures.

Update: Apparently the headless pilot was a fluke I suppose, because I have a screen shot of that skin and the pilot's head is intact. So not sure what the real culprit is. Maybe Support will have an answer later today.

Edited by Topsight, 14 March 2017 - 04:14 PM.

Topsight #27 Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 34081 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
"Matthew Bae

Hey Topsight,

Thanks for getting back to us,

We believe the skins you are referring to may potentially be the cause of your issue. We would like for you to remove them and see if your pilot remains headless."

After removing the skins I no longer have a headless F-86 pilot. I have removed the all skins due to incompatibility issues.

Edited by Topsight, 15 March 2017 - 01:02 AM.

Also tagged with F-86A

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users