Premium

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #41 Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

And the OP's suggestion of adding personal reserves which emulate and/or augment the benefits of having an active premium account has merit.

Of course each WG title offers different in-game benefits tailored to attracting and retaining the maximum number of players.

But in the case of WoWP, I think we need all the help we can get, don't you?

Lethalhavoc #42 Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 13 March 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Ah, I assumed based on your battle count and join time you were familiar with our little wowp community.  I see by post count this is a new foray here for you.  Prepare to be disappointed, dissolutioned, frustrated, and bewildered at the incompetence.  You've now gone down the rabbit hole Alice.

Suggest away...

...and welcome to the "forum game" component of wowp.

Of course this isn't going to go anywhere.

The WG heads seldom take anything the player base says seriously.

So in the end we're just blowing off steam and going around in circles.

But, who knows? The WG CEO had said they were looking at change, maybe they'll take some of what we've talked about to heart?

And if they don't what have we lost?

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 13 March 2017 - 04:11 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #43 Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27410 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLethalhavoc, on 13 March 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

The WG CEO had said they were looking at change, maybe they'll take some of what we've talked about to heart?

Last years Tag line was "Happy Players"

I'm still waiting for Victor to come on this forum to explain to us, his customers, what the plan of action is.  It's what a caring, diligent, public focused CEO should do, not some random gamer article with nary an acknowledgement of this property as has been shown over the many years.  Nor an underling.  I want him on here, dialoging with us.

But that won't happen.  Meh, it's just a game, a form of entertainment and a time waster.  First world problems.

Perrigrino #44 Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Senior Airman

• 7022 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

I provided a short blurb on the developers blog, under SUGGETIONS. There is a place where people can vote, but you all, already knew that. If you like the idea, even if you dont think it will happen, vote positive for change!

Lethalhavoc #45 Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:50 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 13 March 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Last years Tag line was "Happy Players"

I'm still waiting for Victor to come on this forum to explain to us, his customers, what the plan of action is.  It's what a caring, diligent, public focused CEO should do, not some random gamer article with nary an acknowledgement of this property as has been shown over the many years.  Nor an underling.  I want him on here, dialoging with us.

But that won't happen.  Meh, it's just a game, a form of entertainment and a time waster.  First world problems.

As a species we take games and entertainment very seriously. Be it little league baseball, peewee sports or major league sports.

And we take entertainment far more seriously, walk into any comic con.

For the most part it's okay to care about these things, so long as they're not in the extreme.

As far as a CEO coming here to talk with us, that's about as likely as finding a real pot of gold under a rainbow,

Bubba_Zanetti #46 Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27410 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You also need to keep an eye out for these specials: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47461-360-days-of-premium-52-off/ 

I took advantage of that one, and with each tier 10 plane giving me 5 days of premium time equalling 80 days, I'm good until end of this year.

But back to the OP, don't stop there, let's get Tokens and Anniversaries along with Personal Reserves in all three titles.  Or they can remain unique which coaxes one to play all three titles.  It's a conundrum for sure.

losttwo #47 Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:44 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Do not pretend to know you ?

I'm not pretending.

The fact you came up with a good suggestion tells me a lot.

You think spending money on this game gives you and advantage and that this is a pay to win game.

The only advantage of spending money is the difference between you and yourself, no one else.

The opportunity to play this game for a years worth of free premium is there for the taking.

You never have to spend money. Therefore your suggestion is a moot point and Wargaming knows this.

As for it bringing in more players and making the game more attractive is the concept of playing the game

for free premium time.

But I digress.

Premium time doesn't give you an advantage and make you a better player.

Playing the game and learning a plane consistently makes you a better player.

Not racing up the tiers and taking the time to learn a plane makes you better.

A player that only plays a handful of games a day is wasting his hard earned money for premium time.

It wont get you up the tiers any faster than if you played a bunch of games

The more you play the more chance you have at earning more free premium time.

The less you play, Wargaming is counting on this, the more money you spend.

You spend money because you think it gives you an advantage.

And you, spend money for the advantage.

Or you don't spend money and want Wargaming to hand you more free premium time

instead of working for it.

Work smart, not hard. Working hard gets you know where in life.

Getting others to work for you is the key to success.

Lethalhavoc #48 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 14 March 2017 - 09:44 AM, said:

Do not pretend to know you ?

I'm not pretending.

The fact you came up with a good suggestion tells me a lot.

You think spending money on this game gives you and advantage and that this is a pay to win game.

The only advantage of spending money is the difference between you and yourself, no one else.

The opportunity to play this game for a years worth of free premium is there for the taking.

You never have to spend money. Therefore your suggestion is a moot point and Wargaming knows this.

As for it bringing in more players and making the game more attractive is the concept of playing the game

for free premium time.

But I digress.

A player that only plays a handful of games a day is wasting his hard earned money for premium time.

That was an interesting read, full of conflicting information and opinions.

Lethalhavoc #49 Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 13 March 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

You also need to keep an eye out for these specials: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47461-360-days-of-premium-52-off/

I took advantage of that one, and with each tier 10 plane giving me 5 days of premium time equalling 80 days, I'm good until end of this year.

But back to the OP, don't stop there, let's get Tokens and Anniversaries along with Personal Reserves in all three titles.  Or they can remain unique which coaxes one to play all three titles.  It's a conundrum for sure.

I saw that special and I thought "wow is that a good deal", but I didn't purchase it because I would have still wasted the bulk of it.

For me, if I had purchased it, I would have felt pressured to play even though I didn't want to, just so I wouldn't be wasting so much of it and I don't have fun doing that.

I'm not sure if you can relate to that?

Perrigrino #50 Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Senior Airman

• 7022 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Block Quote

losttwo:

1. Never said nor implied money would give adavantage, and furthermore never even remotely suggested "this is a pay to win game". Wrong. Off topic. You have missed the point completely.

Block Quote

losttwo

2. My idea has nothing to do with having years worth of free premium. Again you miss the point. BTW, not everyone has the time or talent to earn enough tokens in"X" amount of time (seems you've got some secret formula for success which you are implying everyone has knowledge of, or access too. I'd like to know? Sounds like the common man should be made aware this!)

Block Quote

losttwo

for free premium time.

3. What?

Block Quote

losttwo:

But I digress.

4. Yes, you digress! And consistently miss the point.

Block Quote

lostwo:

5. Contradictory, false, and off the mark by a country mile! 

Block Quote

losttwo:

6.The issue is not about money, buying one's way up through the tiers, or purchased Premium. I made that clear. Numerous times.

Block Quote

losttwo:

7. Your working off the same premise as before, which is flawed. 

Block Quote

losttwo:

8. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Not sure how your's fit's in? And are we to presume you have found success, which according to you means you have hard working "nowhere" people working for you?

​Dont be condescending, which your ending is most definitley.

And finally, I am please you think my suugestion "good". I just wish you had a better idea of what my suggestion "is":

The issue is more about having one's say, having more control, over the quality of the experience. Not buying one's way to being a better player, or buying one's way into having more and better planes.Those things may come, with or without premium time. Of course Premium can enhance the earning potential, but again, that is not the issue. The issue is about control. Plain and simple. WOT players have a certain amount of control over "when" they can enhance that earning potential. So the issue is about controlling when the enhance experience takes place. Having the ability to control something like Premium time allows the individual to not have to stress, trying to get as much game play into their limited daily allotment. One can plan for that hour, or two. Having that kinda control has the added affect of affording a person a little bit more freedom. Freedom of choice.

So what I am really advocating is for Wargaming to acknowledge that since they already have the product ( Personal Reserves) it would not be difficult to expand the product and configure for WoWP. 

Doing so would enhance the experience by removing some of the frustration players already experience for the reasons already mentioned and improve the quality of limited amount of time, which each individual measures and weighs for themselves. Can a business case be made to suggest an increase in revenue for the company. Yes, of course. 

Hard working people are entitled to their opinions, pessimistic or otherwise.

Steel_bomber_ #51 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15305 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The concept is simple, you don't like what they offer, don't buy it.

I do agree there should be more options for the ones who do want to spend money, but hey this is WG, need I say more?

I refuse to pay for premium like this, have never ever spend a dime on premium.

Oops, should not have said this I guess, now I will have the lesser bots for the rest of the year.............

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

losttwo #52 Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPerrigrino, on 19 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

well let me ask you this then.

Why do you want to use premium time ?

For what purpose ?

How will it benefit you to spend the money ?

Lethalhavoc #53 Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 20 March 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

well let me ask you this then.

Why do you want to use premium time ?

For what purpose ?

How will it benefit you to spend the money ?

I would use it, when I have the time and motivation to grind a few planes.

To grind planes....

To reduce the time required to advance.

So you asked 3 questions, 2 of which were the same question phrased slightly differently.

Perrigrino #54 Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Senior Airman

• 7022 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

For the last time. I am not in the habit of buying Premium, I generally don't go looking to buy Premium, and the issue is not about buying $$$$ Premium time or Why? 

The concept is simple. If you don't like the idea, fine. Make your statement. But please stay focused on the issue. If you don't like the idea, that's fine too. But this is not about exploring general options for those who want to spend money, or why. 

The discussion is centered on the idea of trying to get something like Personal Reserves (PR) which is already in existence for WoWP (SUGGEST WHAT YOU THINK IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE). You earn an opportunity to enhance your earning potential, be it free experience or silver., or whatever (YOUR SUGGESTIONS HERE), and you can activate when you choose, and play for as little as 1 hour, when it is convenient for you! (YOUR IDEAS WANTED!)

Personal Reserves already exist in Wargaming, in WoT specifically. The mere fact that PR exists suggests that after consultation and study the company decided to implement the product/service. Some people buy PR but again thats not the focus here.

BuT, Personal Reserves are not perfect, which is why I keep saying, "something like _PR_". Here are some Posts from WOT:

http://forum.worldof...s#entry10740662

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

They have ideas about PR and suggestions as to what doesn't work and how to make it better. What are your suggestions?

Since Premium already exists, WG  could make it "activate-able" like PR, and offer it in bite size chunks, like an hour. Those and similar things are what we should be focused on. Imagine what it could look like!

Edited by Perrigrino, 20 March 2017 - 10:40 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #55 Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 27410 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLethalhavoc, on 14 March 2017 - 05:55 AM, said:

For me, if I had purchased it, I would have felt pressured to play even though I didn't want to, just so I wouldn't be wasting so much of it and I don't have fun doing that.

I'm not sure if you can relate to that?

Yes, for 3 years now.  I started WoT free to play and the grind...ugh.  Then planes before live had an awesome 1 year prem with xfl-1 deal I decided to invest in, knowing I'd get about 6 months on top for the tokens earned playing before live.  The best part is that it works for all 3 titles.  I wouldn't have bought the 360 day prem except for the fact it was such a good deal.  But it does compel me to play and squeeze as much time as possible in these time wasters to maximize my "deal".  Such is the consumer psyche.

But it's my choice, and I feel, a way to thank/reward WG for their games and the development, management and organizational staff required.  As much as we b*tch and whine about their decisions, incompetence, and neglect, I've enjoyed my time wasted playing their products.  Or maybe I do it to ease the guilt of all the pirated games I enjoyed since the 80's...hmmm.  But I digress....

Lethalhavoc #56 Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:23 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 20 March 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Yes, for 3 years now.  I started WoT free to play and the grind...ugh.  Then planes before live had an awesome 1 year prem with xfl-1 deal I decided to invest in, knowing I'd get about 6 months on top for the tokens earned playing before live.  The best part is that it works for all 3 titles.  I wouldn't have bought the 360 day prem except for the fact it was such a good deal.  But it does compel me to play and squeeze as much time as possible in these time wasters to maximize my "deal".  Such is the consumer psyche.

But it's my choice, and I feel, a way to thank/reward WG for their games and the development, management and organizational staff required.  As much as we b*tch and whine about their decisions, incompetence, and neglect, I've enjoyed my time wasted playing their products.  Or maybe I do it to ease the guilt of all the pirated games I enjoyed since the 80's...hmmm.  But I digress....

Oddly enough, it was that very same WoWP pre-order special that turned me off of buying large amounts of premium time.

Like you, I bought it for the exclusive plane and the good deal on the premium time.

And at first I loved it, I was grinding so fast, amassing huge amounts of credits, everything was peachy.

But after about 6 or 7 months, I starting getting really sick of tanks and I had already stopped playing planes shortly after it went live, because of all the collisions.

So it became very un-fun, by 8 months I just stopped playing and took a long break, wasting the last 5 or 6 months (thx to all the extra free days earned here and there).

When I came back I just played for free mostly, here and there I would do an On Track and buy the odd 30 days of premium, since I would earned it back in reward gold.

But now, I'm not willing to play for 30 straight days, that's why I'd like that old 3 days for the price of 1 special to come back from time to time.

Going full tilt for a weekend here and there, is something I could do and would probably enjoy myself doing it.

I'd probably be playing a bit more too, but there hasn't been any tech trees on special that I'm interested in.

And I'm out of planes that need grinding. I wish that the last 3 specials weren't Russian ground attack, and both Japanese lines because I just don't like any of those.

It also doesn't help that I'm at an impasse deciding on which tech line to push to tier 10, since my tech tree knowledge is minimal.

Also tagged with Premium

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users