• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

losttwo #21 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:33 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLethalhavoc, on 12 March 2017 - 05:33 AM, said:

I don't think it's so much a question of how much it costs, but rather how much is wasted.

More and more people are trying to waste less.

kind of like taking a modern RV to a " camp ground " and trying to call it camping.

Or sitting in a deer stand at a baited field and calling it hunting.

Lethalhavoc #22 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:17 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 12 March 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

kind of like taking a modern RV to a " camp ground " and trying to call it camping.

Or sitting in a deer stand at a baited field and calling it hunting.

WG needs to start tailoring the premium aspects of their games to better meet the needs of the customer base.

I understand that there has been a global recession and that WG's revenue has likely dropped as a result.

But, that's not a good excuse to squeeze the player bases wallets even harder to get that last dollar.

All it does is alienate the player base and drive customers away.

WoWP has lost players, WoWS is losing players, and WoT is losing players.

They can either try to better tailor the gaming experience to attract and retain more players, or they can continue to squeeze and hope that the rate of new players is equal to or greater than the number of players being lost.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 12 March 2017 - 03:07 PM.

losttwo #23 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:35 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Wargaming losing player base has nothing to do with money or cost of premium time.

People are going to waste money in all aspects of life. All be it via cigarettes, virtual gaming, gambling, Cable premium channels.....you name it people will waste money.

Like many of the intelligent people stated above.

You do not watch 24 hours a day 7 days a week of HBO, even if you do most of it is re-runs. You pay by the month. 

Maybe you jump on Pay per view and spend 4 dollars to watch a movie ( waste of 4 dollars ) next month it will be on HBO for free.

Wargaming understands the concept of " how to get people to waste money "

Studies have been done to figure out how to get people to spend money on nothing.

That is right, I said it. Toss money out the door and let it blow in the wind.

You get nothing in return for wasting money or spending it on VIRTUAL REALITY.

It is called entertainment.

The old adage of " A fool and their money is soon parted "

You say you like to grind, why do it with premium, why not grind in " free to play "

You spend money for premium time to grind a plane simply means you do not really like to grind.

You are simply taking the easier softer way like an RV " camper "

Lethalhavoc #24 Posted 12 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

The bottom line is; They had a lot more customers 4 years ago when I started playing and they offered these specials on a regular basis.

And once again, playing without premium limits your ability to grind or amass sufficient credits.

Which in turn limits how often and how long many players choose to play.

Considering that restoring this old special could only have a positive impact on the player base, it is perplexing that you oppose it?

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 12 March 2017 - 03:08 PM.

losttwo #25 Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postlosttwo, on 11 March 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

:facepalm:

But you are absolutely correct. Wargaming should change the pricing structure so you have to spend

$ 1.50 for one hour worth premium time ( its a money making scheme after all )

They should do away with the chance for us cheap/frugal sign holding ( Homeless Vet will work for premium time, God Bless )  players to not get free premium.

OPPOSE IT ? ???

When did I ever say I oppose the idea. Heck I even agreed that the OP was correct.

I would enjoy being able to turn premium time on and off....more so the free time i have garnered.

30 days of free premium time could turn into 6 months worth or even a year of free premium playing time.

30 days or 690 hours ( based on 23 hour days )

I could play for 2 hours a day M-F for the next 2 months.

Heck, I do not even have to play as much.

I can take a break for a couple of weeks and not worry about losing any premium time.

I know when I log in...I will have premium time to play.

Heck I currently can't play until Fathers Day due to computer problems.

Thank GOD i am not wasting premium time or money on premium time.

Lethalhavoc #26 Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Sarcasm is agreeing?

losttwo #27 Posted 12 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

WOW...:facepalm:...

I use to fire people that complained about their jobs too.

Joe Schmoe puts in an application for employment and gets hired.

Goes to work everyday and complains about his job.

No one forced him to put in an application. No one forced him to accept the job offer.

No one is forcing him to keep working somewhere he doesn't like.

Just like when people spend money for premium time. You know it is strictly voluntary.

Just like when you go visit some sort of theme park and the sign reads " no refunds for inclement weather "

Perhaps you take a cruise and the weather is stormy the entire time. Yeah, sorry about your luck " no refunds"

Lethalhavoc #28 Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Deflection?

losttwo #29 Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:28 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostLethalhavoc, on 12 March 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Sarcasm is agreeing?

View PostLethalhavoc, on 12 March 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Deflection?

I am starting to really like conversing with you.

bottom line.

I am too cheap to spend money on NOTHING

When I take a girl on a dinner date we go to the groceries store and eat the free samples.

For a Movie, we go to the nearest appliance center and watch whatever is playing.

Sears has the best shows. Food Line never has free samples.

The OP has a good idea but it is kind of silly.

You can get so much FREE premium that you should not have to spend money or worry about what he is suggesting.

Even if you do spend money. The cost is so cheap that it doesn't really matter.

Perrigrino #30 Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 10844 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postlosttwo, on 12 March 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

:facepalm:

And to think i grew up in the generation where you had to put a QUARTER ( 25 cents ) into a game.

Now they have play for free game and people whine about spending money for premium time.

Premium time is $ 12.59 for 30 days or $1.49 for a day. 360 days is $96.49

Currently you can use 130 Tokens ( i think ) for 30 days premium. AKA working for your premium time.

But you are absolutely correct. Wargaming should change the pricing structure so you have to spend

$ 1.50 for one hour worth premium time ( its a money making scheme after all )

They should do away with the chance for us cheap/frugal sign holding ( Homeless Vet will work for premium time, God Bless )  players to not get free premium.

I was averaging 10 games a day or 300 games a month. All with 30 days free premium.

If I had to spend money for premium at $12.59 for 30 days that would equal out to around .042 cents ( less than a nickel )  a game.

Last time I checked Dave and Busters games averaged about 50 cents to a $1.00 a game.

You are concerned about premium time being wasted while you are not playing ?

While Wargaming is giving you a FREE day of premium for accomplishing a task.

The reason being. They want you to keep playing all day rather than an hour and give you an incentive to purchase premium time.

They want to give players a " taste " of the benefits of premium time.

In them keeping the COST down to such a low value ( for me it is less than a nickle a game ) They are making it affordable for

even the lowest budget player.

So what, you earned a day or 2 of premium time accomplishing a mission.

Life happens and you don't get a chance to use it.

Welcome to virtual reality.

P.S. so what happens to the virtual goods when you have no computer, internet or anything else.

Don't sweat the small stuff snowflake more so the virtual reality small stuff.

Lost2 wives, Didn't you get be - otch slapped for leveling the same "whiner" accusation at another person? Yes you did, and it was also noted your two failed marriages. Seems the other fellow didn't appreciate your hypocritical attitude, whining about "alleged" whiners. Yes, when persons like myself who take the time to try to do something constructive, you just crawl out of your cave, put on your troll costume and start ranting. I've seen your work, and you really need to get a life. But I'm not the first to tell you that:

"I write a piece explaining how I feel about the pricing structure WG uses for this game. You come on and feel the need to insult me by calling me a whiner. Then you proceed to whine about your crummy life. Then via deflection you accuse me of insulting WG.

I understand that your life hasn't turned out like you'd want, but you really have no one else to blame for that then yourself. You chose those two women to marry. You chose to be a nice guy. You need to take responsibility for your life losttwo and stop blaming others for your decisions. Angrily lashing out at strangers on forums is not the answer. You should take some of your own advice, stop whining and take responsibility for your life choices. The only one that can get you out of this mess is the person responsible for putting you in it...you."

And save the condescending horse kak. Not sure what your "generation" is, but mine base their values and ideas on hard work , respect, and the value of a dollar. Not by trying to win an argument using tactics such as belittling people with hyperbole, trite wit, sarcasm, name calling (Snowfake?), and obfuscation. Tactics of a coward with low self-esteem and an urge to put others down in order to build him/herself up. You speak as though you think you know me but you have no idea who I am, and have made a number of erroneous AsSumptions. "You carrot-nibbling bunny". (-BFE)

Lethalhavoc and many others understand the argument being made, and mange to engage and debate in a mature manner. 

No one is trying to take away your precious month of premium via tokens. You have obviously, completely missed the point. So "Step Off"!, Move along, find some dead flesh somewhere else to fester upon.

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 March 2017 - 02:11 PM.

Perrigrino #31 Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

Senior Airman

• 10844 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Block Quote

You can get so much FREE premium that you should not have to spend money or worry about what he is suggesting.

Again, you don't know what "he" is suggesting. Earlier, "he" was "whinning", now its suggesting? He strongly recommends you move along and stop trying to hijack the post.

Why not try something original and put your own ideas "out there".

Perrigrino #32 Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

Senior Airman

• 10844 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Getting back to the issue I put forward: Here is a revised version. I'll try to simplify things:

Premium time exists in a slightly different form, in World of Tanks, and you can EARN it and utilize it at your discretion, when it is convenient for you. In World of Tanks, there is a similar product, or variation from Premium, referred to as Personnal Reserves, and it takes the form of extra XP, from 50%-200%, or extra Free XP .And the units of time vary as well from as little as 1 hour. These are earned  for completing missions. Nothing new here to those who play Tanks. Lets not dwell on semantics. The point is you get to turn on extra credit earning potential when the time is convenient for you. That's the main point. Now if WG should charge for the product, or have it earned is something that can be worked out later.

To argue that it can't be done, is non sequitur. It's already happening. The question then becomes why can't it happen for Warplanes? Different treatment for different games? Perhaps, but they are basically similar computer games from the same company, trying to do the same thing. And they are always looking for way to improve, and are interested in customer feedback.

There already exists crossover, as for example, the use of gold or premium, in both WoT and WoWP, for an individual account. So, why not expand some of the services that already exist, in WoT into WoWP. Personal Reserves in WoT likely came about from players advocating for such changes. Why not Personal Resrves, or something like it, in WoWP?

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 March 2017 - 12:24 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #33 Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPerrigrino, on 13 March 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Getting back to the issue I put forward: Here is a revised version. I'll try to simplify things:

Premium time exists in a slightly different form, in World of Tanks, and you can EARN it and utilize it at your discretion, when it is convenient for you. In World of Tanks, there is a similar product, or variation from Premium, referred to as Personnal Reserves, and it takes the form of extra XP, from 50%-200%, or extra Free XP .And the units of time vary as well from as little as 1 hour. These are earned  for completing missions. Nothing new here to those who play Tanks. Lets not dwell on semantics. The point is you get to turn on extra credit earning potential when the time is convenient for you. That's the main point. Now if WG should charge for the product, or have it earned is something that can be worked out later.

To argue that it can't be done, is non sequitur. It's already happening. The question then becomes why can't it happen for Warplanes? Different treatment for different games? Perhaps, but they are basically similar computer games from the same company, trying to do the same thing. And they are always looking for way to improve, and are interested in customer feedback.

There already exists crossover, as for example, the use of gold or premium, in both WoT and WoWP, for an individual account. So, why not expand some of the services that already exist, in WoT into WoWP. Personal Reserves in WoT likely came about from players advocating for such changes. Why not Personal Resrves, or something like it, in WoWP?

Each property (Wot, Wowp, Wows) has individual perks.  A lot of features would be great to have across all three, that currently are not.

Planes is currently the only one giving Anniversary missions that apply multipliers to credit, XP, and free XP.  Tanks has their Personal Reserves perk.  Ships has....ranked, and flags/cammo?

Premium time is universal to all three.  Gold and free XP is what is lacking with ships, which they originally indicated would be unified (perhaps an assumption on my part?).  I'm hoping this will be rectified one day soon™.

You started this dialog referring to their premium time model but then clarified with Personal Reserves.  It would be nice if the timer started and stopped when logged in/off, but that's not how it works, and as lost said, you're not obligated to buy.  If you do purchase, then the onus is on you to determine the value you derive from it by playing us much and as long as possible to reap the benefits of your investment.  Otherwise, you're just bellyaching.

Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 13 March 2017 - 02:15 PM.

RedSpartacus #34 Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17552 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I won 3 days of  premium at the end of my game time on a Friday. I couldn't play over the weekend and when I logged in on Monday it was gone.

I'm not complaining, I got it for free as a gift completing a mission, just pointing that it can be useless.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Perrigrino #35 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

Senior Airman

• 10844 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 13 March 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Each property (Wot, Wowp, Wows) has individual perks.  A lot of features would be great to have across all three, that currently are not.

Planes is currently the only one giving Anniversary missions that apply multipliers to credit, XP, and free XP.  Tanks has their Personal Reserves perk.  Ships has....ranked, and flags?

Premium time is universal to all three.  Gold and free XP is what is lacking with ships, which they originally indicated would be unified (perhaps an assumption on my part?).  I'm hoping this will be rectified one day soon™.

You started this dialog referring to their premium time model but then clarified with Personal Reserves.  It would be nice if the timer started and stopped when logged in/off, but that's not how it works, and as lost said, you're not obligated to buy.  If you do purchase, then the onus is on you to determine the value you derive from it by playing us much and as long as possible to reap the benefits of your investment.  Otherwise, you're just bellyaching.

Can we do away with the name -calling. Complaining about belly-achers, is like WHINING about whiners. Not only are you no better than the "other" guy, it takes away from anything important you may have to say. Trying to make something better is not "belly-aching". It is trying to make change for the better. Constructive. Dont resorte to similar tactics. Cause then it just gets ugly.

As to your comment: " If you do purchase, then the onus is on you to determine the value you derive from it by playing us much and as long as possible to reap the benefits of your investment." As things stand now, yes this is true. By stating the obvious, which has been repeated a number of times, you do nothing to further the debate. The Tank Players who activates a Personal Reserve for one hour, is also trying to reap the benefits of that hour, s/he is doing the same thing. That is not the point of the discussion. I repeat, PURCHASING one month of Premium and trying to get the most out of the month of Premium is not the point or counter point.

I'm more interested in trying to get for the players of WoWP, what already exists but exclusive to WoT- something akin to Personal Reserve, or the very same thing. When I started this post I did not accurately describe the situation, but I believe a clear picture has emerged. For some reason there seems to be a fixation on the idea of one month of Premium and playing your heart out. Wrong. Been there done that. Lets move on. 

Lets focus on what there is and how to get it! Unless your not interested. And that fine too.

Point of clarification: I dont often go purchasiing Premium, or even a little. I purchase Premium for a month and only once. Normally, like many others, I can't afford it, unless paying with tokens.  The Daily Premium is earned but again, unlike Personal Reserves in Tanks, Premium earned in WoWP takes effect immediately. The Personal Reserves earned in Tanks, are activated when the player wants. When it is convinient for them "to determine the value {they} derive from it by playing us much and as long as possible to reap the benefits of {their} investment."-quote: Bubba Zanetti.

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 March 2017 - 03:06 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #36 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPerrigrino, on 13 March 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Can we do away with the name -calling. Complaining about belly-achers, is like WHINING about whiners. Not only are you no better than the "other" guy, it takes away from anything important you may have to say. Trying to make something better is not "belly-aching". It is trying to make change for the better. Constructive. Dont resorte to similar tactics. Cause then it just gets ugly.

As to your comment: " If you do purchase, then the onus is on you to determine the value you derive from it by playing us much and as long as possible to reap the benefits of your investment." As things stand now, yes this is true. By stating the obvious, which has been repeated a number of times, you do nothing to further the debate. The Tank Players who activates a Personal Reserve for one hour, is also trying to reap the benefits of that hour, s/he is doing the same thing. That is not the point of the discussion. I repeat, PURCHASING one month of Premium and trying to get the most out of the month of Premium is not the point or counter point.

I'm more interested in trying to get for the players of WoWP, what already exists but exclusive to WoT- something akin to Personal Reserve, or the very same thing. When I started this post I did not accurately describe the situation, but I believe a clear picture has emerged. For some reason there seems to be a fixation on the idea of one month of Premium and playing your heart out. Wrong. Been there done that. Lets move on. 

Lets focus on what there is and how to get it! Unless your not interested. And that fine too.

Point of clarification: I dont often go purchasiing Premium, or even a little. I usually earn Premium but again, unlike in Tanks, Premium earned in WoWP takes effect immediately. The Personal Reserves earned in Tanks, are activated when the player wants. When it is convinient for them "to determine the value {they} derive from it by playing us much and as long as possible to reap the benefits of {their} investment."-quote: Bubba Zanetti.

Where did I name call?  Bellyaching is a verb.  And it was meant in generalities, and I pointed out how you clarified your initial OP.

I explained it would be nice to have these features across board, but each property has its own unique perks.  In reverse to your suggestion, don't you think Anniversaries would be nice to have in ships and tanks?  No, it's not completely on your time, there's a limited 7 day window.

And as a discussion...we're having one...not sure whom you think at WG is going to read or consider your request, but add it to the many wish lists like clan wars, new lines of aircraft, landing and taking off, flying Bombers like B-17, B-29, per minute premium time, respawn, moar humans and less bots, intelligent bots, etc, etc...

Perrigrino #37 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 10844 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

RedSpartacus

I won 3 days of  premium at the end of my game time on a Friday. I couldn't play over the weekend and when I logged in on Monday it was gone.

I'm not complaining, I got it for free as a gift completing a mission, just pointing that it can be useless.

Excellent point! Don't know how many times, I've unknowingly finished a mission, received Premium for day or 3, and couldn't play because of other commitments.

Perrigrino #38 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Senior Airman

• 10844 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Bubba,

As to verb or noun, not important=semantics. It was used in a derogatory way.

I know its hard to believe, but I have, to my surprise, read/seen posts where the developers get involved, so that's my ultimate audience. I had been exploring the other WG game- Orion, and in a couple of Posts, I was completely amazed to read the developers jump in. Not entirely sure what was happening but the sheer fact that the "powers-that-be" chimed-in was a huge eye opener to me.

From the sounds of it, don't think it has happened in this forum.

Edited by Perrigrino, 13 March 2017 - 03:29 PM.

Bubba_Zanetti #39 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ah, I assumed based on your battle count and join time you were familiar with our little wowp community.  I see by post count this is a new foray here for you.  Prepare to be disappointed, dissolutioned, frustrated, and bewildered at the incompetence.  You've now gone down the rabbit hole Alice.

Suggest away...

...and welcome to the "forum game" component of wowp.

Edited by Bubba_Zanetti, 13 March 2017 - 03:38 PM.

Lethalhavoc #40 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:54 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 13 March 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

I am starting to really like conversing with you.

bottom line.

I am too cheap to spend money on NOTHING

When I take a girl on a dinner date we go to the groceries store and eat the free samples.

For a Movie, we go to the nearest appliance center and watch whatever is playing.

Sears has the best shows. Food Line never has free samples.

The OP has a good idea but it is kind of silly.

At what point did I ever ask for anything for nothing?

I pointed out that WG use to have a premium special that was popular with the player base, and has since been removed.

Which, I then elaborated on and explained, that if WG began better tailoring premium account specials, as they once did, it would better fit the needs of the community.

it would likely be a boon for our current sagging population numbers as it would encourage part time players to not only play more, but spend more real money as well.

Being cheap has nothing to do with it. I currently have 20k gold sitting on my account doing nothing. It's been this way for more than a year.

WG already has my money, regardless if I spend this gold or not. But I'm not being encouraged to use this gold on premium time, because there isn't an option that fits my needs.

There use to be, but there isn't anymore. I'm probably very near the typical part time player, so if i'm not being encouraged to buy and spend gold, a percentage of them aren't either.

Do you understand that? Or do I need to take you on a dinner date to the nearest Walmart, where I can also try to redeem the 140 odd tokens that I have on my account too?

I could understand if you were playing the devils advocate and using reasonable counter points to my arguments.

But you're not, you're just taking a contrary position for the sake of being contrary.

Also tagged with Premium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users