Premium Time, 1 hour in WoWP Needed

Premium

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Perrigrino #1 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

Senior Airman

• 7056 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Introduction: Premium Accounts are frustrating at best. From 1 day (24hrs - which includes server down time of -1/2 hr) to 3days, 1 month etc. No one, and I repeat, no one can fly for 24hrs unimpeded (again-server down time is not factored into this). Using the 1 DAY Premium Account as an example, an individual can play for 23.5 hrs at best, which does not include any breaks, time for kids, meals, work, health, life beyond, etc., which a number of others have commented as reasons for their Premium days as being days of frustration.  

What I find incredibly disturbing is that in World of Tanks, an individual can get 1 hour, or 2 or more, of Premium time. These options are not available to WoWP , and I cannot speak to WoWS as I have just started playing and have not explored the possibilities of Premium.

Why the discrepencies. I read one Post which commented in a similar manner, as to the unfairness of Premium in WoWP, and readers commented commented that, "thats just the way it is, live with it" (intentional paraphrasing).

If I unlock my Premium Day in WoT, I can utilize it for WoWP. I tried for the Premium Hour, with no success. Havent tried with WoWS. Gold and Free Experience can be used accross both games, not so with WoWS.

Now Wargamimg has introduced a launcher that combines all the games. Why not combine the perks? Especially Premium Accounts? I know there is already a discussion about gold vs doubloons and tokens, and I'm not sure where the developers are heading, on the one hand, putting all games under one roof, but on the other hand, saying the games are different and should be handled differently, to a point. Why. They are not that different. Gold and Free Experience can be utilized across both WoWP and WoT under my account, as well as Premium, to a point.

When I first started in WoT, I thought it would be easy to learn WoWP since i had a basic understanding of the rules and setup. Only to be completely disillusioned. Frequently, when you think you got something figured out, the rules change, like changing out pilots, for example, which has cost me dearly. There was/is absolutely no relation between WoT and WoWP crews. Sure, they are different games, made by the same company, but the details regarding training etc, do not coincide.

If you want to make it fun, make it consistent, less complicated. Keep the rules consistent, or at the very least, similar. And remember we are all human beings with virtual lives outside the world of computers. 

I can have an hour of Premium time in WoT, when I want. When its convenient for me. Not when the mission is completed as in WoWP, which is often during an inconvenient time as it cannot be all utilized and leads to a lot of frustration. Many of the Modules and skills require a lot of play time, and premium alleviates some of that by making things attainable- reasonably attainable goals!

Having a Premium hour in WoWP is possible. It is already done in WoT, so there really is no excuse. Having the ability to turn on Premium time and turn it off is also possible, so a month of Premium, to use when you want, is possible!

Edited by Perrigrino, 10 March 2017 - 07:17 PM.

Perrigrino #2 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Senior Airman

• 7056 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

Forgot to mention that it is already possible to turn things such as premium month, off and on. It happened to me last year. I had purchased a month of Premium time and when I became very sick. Well it was bad, and then became very bad and I couldnt play. Not looking for sympathy, just want to make the point. I submitted a ticket and was graciously given a break (allowed up to 4 = discretionary- dependent on circumstances), which meant that the premium time was turned off during my treatment, and restarted much later during my recovery, when I asked, when I wanted. For that I am very grateful but it does beg the question.... Why not have the option available for others, on a regular basis, and not just for persons who apply.  

Imagine, one hour, 1 day, 1 month of premium, to use when YOU want!

Edited by Perrigrino, 10 March 2017 - 07:18 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #3 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 19580 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
I left my boots outside my door last night and no one, I mean no one from WG had polished them OR even chased off the raccoon from chewing on the shoelaces.

Edited by Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo, 10 March 2017 - 06:51 PM.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

oldiowaguy #4 Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15465 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
What do you mean you cant play for 24 hours? Tell that to Mongooser and truemush! 

Jaguardian #5 Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19415 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPerrigrino, on 10 March 2017 - 12:45 PM, said:

Forgot to mention that it is also possible to turn things such as premium time, off and on. It happened to me last year. I had purchased a month of Premium time and when I became very sick. Well it was bad, and then became very bad and I couldnt play. Not looking for sympathy, just want to make the point. I submitted a ticket and was graciously given a break, which meant that the premium time was turned off during my treatment, and restarted much later during my recovery, when I asked, when I wanted. For that I am very grateful but it does beg the question.... Why not have the option available for others, on a regular basis, and not just for persons who apply.

Imagine, one month of premium, to use when YOU want!

That is not the model WG uses.  It is more like a gym membership, and the clock still ticks even if you don't go to the gym at all.  If they did what you suggest, I am sure the pricing model would be drastically changed.  After all, a company has to make money somehow right?

GouIdy #6 Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17289 battles

View PostPerrigrino, on 10 March 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

What I find incredibly disturbing is that in World of Tanks, an individual can get 1 hour, or 2 or more, of Premium time.

This statement makes no sense. Your premium time is accessible & works exactly the same in all 3 titles & the minimum you can purchase is a single day, they don't sell it by the hour.

losttwo #7 Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGouIdy, on 10 March 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

This statement makes no sense. Your premium time is accessible & works exactly the same in all 3 titles & the minimum you can purchase is a single day, they don't sell it by the hour.

He might be getting confused with the hotel room charges.

Psicko23 #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

They don't sell premium time in 1 hour increments on world of tanks. 

https://na.wargaming...op/wot/premium/

Zapperguy #9 Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 31369 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostJaguardian, on 10 March 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

That is not the model WG uses.  It is more like a gym membership, and the clock still ticks even if you don't go to the gym at all.  If they did what you suggest, I am sure the pricing model would be drastically changed.  After all, a company has to make money somehow right?

This ^^

If you pay for HBO but don't watch it for a month, try asking your cable company for credit.

:trollface:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

TeamTerrible #10 Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 43716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 10 March 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

This ^^

If you pay for HBO but don't watch it for a month, try asking your cable company for credit.

:trollface:

Yup, sadly who could make good use of HBO for a month when they repeat the same movies over and over

As for WG premium time its almost like you need to find the time to make good on your investment

Which is why I prefer other gaming company methods such as paying by the battle for premium which removes any reason to obligate yourself when you purchase premium

Personally if WG didn't offer premium with tokens I wouldn't buy any premium time, most of it expires as I only play a few hours a day at best 

Lethalhavoc #11 Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:41 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I really miss the premium account specials we used to see on the weekends.

In particular the 3 days of premium for the price of 1 special.

If I knew I'd be playing at least 1 day over the weekend, I'd always buy it.

ArrowZ_ #12 Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8721 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Idealistically, it aint such a bad idea to spend a dollar here and there for a few hours of premium if you only play a few hours a day & don't want to waste an entire 24hrs premium time when logged off. But I don't see this ever happening for any WG games since they like to maximise their profits for premium time & gold consumers across the 3 titles. Still not sure why WOWS is independant with doubloons... strange decision there.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Perrigrino #13 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 7056 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostGouIdy, on 10 March 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

Last time I played WoT, which has been a while, I could go into my account and unlock an hour or 2 of premium which I received for having completed special missions. I have a number of these left, and they were earned. The premium time for one hour was not purchased. But your missing the point, which is that "it" is do-able. Fact. Not fiction Jag. So if WG can turn the clock on for an hour or 2 of premium, they can do it for WoWP. 

As for business models, there are many that charge by the minute or by the hour, and a case can be made to WG that they can and should explore because it would make good business sense. As it stands now, very few people are happy with Premium Time, as it exists in WoWP. There are other posts on this forum that complain about the limitations of Premium time. The present business model for Premium Time leaves much to be desired.

There have been instances where administrators/developers get involved in a post/idea and take the matter seriously, and change happens.  Arrow, you said it "aint a bad idea". And Terrible, sounds like your not opposed to the idea of "pay as you go".It does make good business sense. If you could purchase an hour, or 2, or days of Premium, when it is convenient for you, wouldn't you be so inclined? We don't get the feeling of being ripped -off and the company makes money selling a "product" that they already have but dont utilize to their advantage.

Edited by Perrigrino, 11 March 2017 - 08:36 AM.

GouIdy #14 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 17289 battles

View PostPerrigrino, on 11 March 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

Last time I played WoT, which has been a while, I could go into my account and unlock an hour or 2 of premium which I received for having completed special missions.

I think you are referring to personal reserves which are for credit/exp/crew exp boosts. At no time did WoT have 1 or 2 hour premium time reserves. Now if you played WOT Blitz then they had 1 hr premium certificates that you could activate.

Perrigrino #15 Posted 11 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Senior Airman

• 7056 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Okay, just to clarify, its under Personal Reserves in WoT, where one can purchase credits and/or experience for an hour or more. I mis-spoke.Yeah, its not Premium though it is the same idea. Pay as you go for as little as an hour. The clock can be turned on/off for a short period of time that is convenient for you. Not activated immediately upon completing a mission as in WoWP. 

Edited by Perrigrino, 11 March 2017 - 08:52 AM.

Perrigrino #16 Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

Senior Airman

• 7056 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostGouIdy, on 11 March 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

I think you are referring to personal reserves which are for credit/exp/crew exp boosts. At no time did WoT have 1 or 2 hour premium time reserves. Now if you played WOT Blitz then they had 1 hr premium certificates that you could activate.

Thanks for that Gouldy. I just got the message. Yes, Personal Reserves, Credit/Experience boost in various sizes starting at 1 hour and more. Interesting that in Blitz one could obtain 1 hr premium certificates. Like I said, its real and do-able. Now its just a matter of making a case for it to the powers that be.

LuckyOtter #17 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 570 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostArrowZ_, on 10 March 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Idealistically, it aint such a bad idea to spend a dollar here and there for a few hours of premium if you only play a few hours a day & don't want to waste an entire 24hrs premium time when logged off. But I don't see this ever happening for any WG games since they like to maximise their profits for premium time & gold consumers across the 3 titles. Still not sure why WOWS is independant with doubloons... strange decision there.

As far as I can tell, WOWS is independent because of the age of the games...  If Free XP and currency were completely interchangeable, there would be long time WOT players that could literally leap to the top tier ships...

And since the gameplay is so different, that would really change top-tier tactics..  Camping is already a problem in WOWS, introducing a bunch of WOT players, where stopping and shooting is normal gameplay, might not be good for the game..

I think they intend to unify economy in the future, but probably want to grow the WOWS community further before doing so.

losttwo #18 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:51 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

:facepalm:

And to think i grew up in the generation where you had to put a QUARTER ( 25 cents ) into a game.

Now they have play for free game and people whine about spending money for premium time.

Premium time is $ 12.59 for 30 days or $1.49 for a day. 360 days is $96.49

Currently you can use 130 Tokens ( i think ) for 30 days premium. AKA working for your premium time.

But you are absolutely correct. Wargaming should change the pricing structure so you have to spend

$ 1.50 for one hour worth premium time ( its a money making scheme after all )

They should do away with the chance for us cheap/frugal sign holding ( Homeless Vet will work for premium time, God Bless )  players to not get free premium.

I was averaging 10 games a day or 300 games a month. All with 30 days free premium.

If I had to spend money for premium at $12.59 for 30 days that would equal out to around .042 cents ( less than a nickel )  a game.

Last time I checked Dave and Busters games averaged about 50 cents to a $1.00 a game.

You are concerned about premium time being wasted while you are not playing ?

While Wargaming is giving you a FREE day of premium for accomplishing a task.

The reason being. They want you to keep playing all day rather than an hour and give you an incentive to purchase premium time.

They want to give players a " taste " of the benefits of premium time.

In them keeping the COST down to such a low value ( for me it is less than a nickle a game ) They are making it affordable for

even the lowest budget player.

So what, you earned a day or 2 of premium time accomplishing a mission.

Life happens and you don't get a chance to use it.

Welcome to virtual reality.

P.S. so what happens to the virtual goods when you have no computer, internet or anything else.

Don't sweat the small stuff snowflake more so the virtual reality small stuff.

losttwo #19 Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:58 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

1 game a day is less than 50 cents if you purchase 30 days of premium.

1 game a day is about 26 cents for a year of premium.

Looking at my battle count it looks like I owe Wargaming $ 7,780.34 :P

Edited by losttwo, 12 March 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Lethalhavoc #20 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:33 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2948 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Postlosttwo, on 12 March 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

1 game a day is less than 50 cents if you purchase 30 days of premium.

1 game a day is about 26 cents for a year of premium.

Looking at my battle count it looks like I owe Wargaming $ 7,780.34 :P

I don't think it's so much a question of how much it costs, but rather how much is wasted.

More and more people are trying to waste less.

If you were to take myself as an example, I play very erratically, one month I might bang off 300 battles, but the very next month or two I might bang off less than 10 or even, none.

Considering this, purchasing a year of premium makes little sense for me, since I would likely waste the bulk of it.

Purchasing month by month premium account time is also hit and miss for me, because I'm easily distracted by life.

However purchasing 3 days for the price of one (which extended, works out to 30 days for 2500g).

Makes the most sense and encourages me to not just play more, but pay more as well.

Currently WG makes zero off of me for premium account time, if they offered this old special again, they would likely earn 500 to 1,000g off of me monthly.

That isn't tons of cash, but it's far better than no money at all.

My main gaming motivator is chronic grinding, the more planes I have that need grinding the more I tend to play.

At the moment the only plane I have that needs to grind is the tier 6 P-47, and logging in to grind just that single plane just isn't important enough to me.

Because I don't use a premium account, my credits are always low and as such, I must conserve credits wherever possible.

So, my next gaming spurt will likely coincide with one or more planes going on-sale.

I think that I'm a fairly typical "grinding player" that overall represents a fair percentage of the WG population, using that as a rough rule, if I'm not playing regularly for these reasons, then others must be too.

Which ultimately means, in my case anyways, that there's one less player in the queue.

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 12 March 2017 - 10:39 AM.

Also tagged with Premium

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users