A counterpoint to all the negativity

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kosmonaut_ #1 Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Senior Airman

• 4665 battles
Hi, may I (as a noobish) offer an example of why new people still love this game no matter what the vets sometimes think of it?  A minute ago I found myself 1v1 with a bunch of bots with a guy (forgot his name, balls!) and we agreed via chat to chase the bots first and then duel in the sun like men at the end.   That almost worked out, but several times during the fight we found ourselves flying just meters apart and we both held our triggers because we made a deal (as random strangers on the internet, no less) and at the end we shook virtual hands and said gg to each other and went on our way.   THIS is why people love to play WoWp, the people you meet and the amazing moments of humanity amongst the sea of lousy MM and broken game mechanics.  Just thought I'd share that. 

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20760 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

yep, that is a good game mode that some of us play, you know... because just rushing for human blood then shooting for hydraulic fluid can get boring... btw... who won

:)

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Kosmonaut_ #3 Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:33 PM

Senior Airman

• 4665 battles
Oh it was tight, we were matching each other 1 for 1 until we had just a GA each left.  And then he, you know, Controlled Flight into Terrain turning on the last one.  He prob would have killed me, I was pretty shot up by then.

Edited by EpicFlash76, 10 March 2017 - 01:34 PM.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #4 Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles
I make those agreements too. Very good gamesmanship. 

Noreaga #5 Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
yes agree a lot of us salty vets are still here because of the people we have met/fought here. Game has its strengths and faults for some us those fault 3-4 years in are insane, but its got a good bunch warts and all.

Nimis obnoxii curare

_Warchylde_ #6 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10944 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Indeed, it's the great people (way too numerous to list here, but they know who they are) that I have met over the years who convinced me to come back to the game.  

Despite its numerous flaws, its troubled and inconsistent development history, and the sometimes caustic back-and-forth on the forums, it's still one of the best flying games I've played, not for the game mechanics (after all, it's an arcade shooter, not a simulator), but ultimately it's because of the people in this community.

Glad you're enjoying the game. Tell your friends.  :honoring:

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

KloudRains #7 Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• 32961 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Great input - including the commentary of others!

Psicko23 #8 Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 19614 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Glad you enjoy it. When I play the lower tiers for token missions, if I have new players on the other side that are not trolls I'll let them be unless they come after me first. If they are seal clubbers and rerolls, I will kill them first. I know the names of the people that will go after me first. If they are on the other team, I know they will go after me first, so I go after them first. 

anamals53 #9 Posted 15 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• 17610 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
I agree , being gentlemanly in game no matter the results or performance of the other players is paramount to having an enjoyable experience .:honoring:    

Swearengen5 #10 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6063 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

I'm glad you had the opportunity to fight that way, Epic.  That is quite rare nowadays. 

Since reading this a few days ago, I've thought about how targeting human players has become a standard practice, and how much it negatively impacts the game.  

---I now believe that the continued practice of targeting human players is hurting this game immensely.  It will continue until the servers are completely empty or the enemy names (and stats) are hidden. 

Edited by Swearengen5, 20 March 2017 - 06:09 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Major

• 34275 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostSwearengen5, on 20 March 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

I'm glad you had the opportunity to fight that way, Epic.  That is quite rare nowadays. 

Since reading this a few days ago, I've thought about how targeting human players has become a standard practice, and how much it negatively impacts the game.  

---I now believe that the continued practice of targeting human players is hurting this game immensely.  It will continue until the servers are completely empty or the enemy names (and stats) are hidden. 

Why play against humans at all?  Just enter a training room and fight all bots.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Noreaga #12 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSwearengen5, on 20 March 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

We target humans so we can laugh at each over a digital cold one, anyone who targets any one player with blinders on will pay the price. Give me a chance to kill a human or a bot ill kill the human, i know the human is annoyed, the bots don't care.

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users