View range ? Camouflage rating ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Swearengen5 #1 Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

Senior Airman

• 3139 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Does anyone have a link referring to either of these mechanics ???  I searched the Wiki but may have missed them if they're there. 

--If they're selling us 15% camouflage paint for gold, then we really need to know what that plane's initial camo rating is...otherwise I'm not buying.

--Same goes for Eagle Eye...what's the initial view range before the additional 20% ?  Is each plane's view range different ?

losttwo #2 Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:52 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

From my own experience.

I spent the gold for the camo on my GA.

It works is all I can say. I do not regret spending the gold.

But understand it's working is contingent upon how you fly your GA.

Flying a GA above 100 meters is a waste of camo efficiency and a waste of gold.

Likewise shooting at ground targets will give you away.

As long as your enemy is at a 1200 meter distance you will not be spotted by human or bot. ( unless they fly inverted )

As for placing it on anything else...worthless.

Spotting mechanic currently is a waste of space. ( my opinion ) You have bots in your battles and they can spot the enemy.

It is very rare that you will not be able to find an enemy GA. Most people want to continue to hit targets rather than hide,

losttwo #3 Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
And bots never hide.

RedSpartacus #4 Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16433 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostSwearengen5, on 10 March 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Does anyone have a link referring to either of these mechanics ???  I searched the Wiki but may have missed them if they're there.

--If they're selling us 15% camouflage paint for gold, then we really need to know what that plane's initial camo rating is...otherwise I'm not buying.

--Same goes for Eagle Eye...what's the initial view range before the additional 20% ?  Is each plane's view range different ?

To help yourself ask someone to join you in the training room. Pick the map with the bridge or the dam. Put your friend on the other side and ask him to fly along the bridge or dam and check at what distance you can see him. You can buy camouflage for silver so no problem. Do the tests with similar start point with and without camo and with and without eagle eye.

I think, but I have no prove, the view range is linked to the pilot not to the plane.

I did some tests months ago to check if the sun is a factor and it was. Your test is good only for the same version of the game. You'll never know if things change.
I put camouflage on all of my planes and I think it helps. Eagle eye gives you 20% advantage to those who don't have it. The bots seem to have a way better view range.

RUN WITH THE PACK

_Warchylde_ #5 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 8670 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

As stated above, bots seem to all have increased view range, so the point is moot there.  However, if you fly in a team scenario (CCW, Air Raid, or the current Round Robin Tournament), there are no bots, and the key to victory is to see the enemy before they see you.

Like Losty said, camo on GAs is practically a must have.  Skimming along nap of the earth at 50 meters or less, you can scoot right under opposing formations and get to the juicy targets behind them, without being spotted.  Of course, once you hit a target, you ping the minimap, revealing your location, even if they don't have eyes on you.

I have not noticed any appreciative benefit from having camo on planes that fly above 100 meters.  However, I have camo on all of my planes for the simple reason that I make a lot of videos of gameplay, and having a cool camo pattern, nose art, etc, makes for a much better aesthetic.

Finally, purchasing camo for gold simply makes it permanently available to you. Like RS said, you can purchase camo for silver (3 days or 7 days), and test it out yourself.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 10 March 2017 - 03:29 PM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

pyantoryng #6 Posted 10 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11527 battles
With how fast games go (esp. the jet tiers) it doesn't matter much, if at all.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

EspressoForHammy #7 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4962 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Post_Warchylde_, on 10 March 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

Like Losty said, camo on GAs is practically a must have.  Skimming along nap of the earth at 50 meters or less, you can scoot right under opposing formations and get to the juicy targets behind them, without being spotted.  Of course, once you hit a target, you ping the minimap, revealing your location, even if they don't have eyes on you.

Camo on GAs means NOTHING to bots. They know where you are, and fly directly to you even when you have been un-spotted the entire match. Hell I can about guarantee that if you his in your GA and hit ZERO ground targets the entire match, when the bots got done killing enemy planes they'd come straight to you.

That's actually a cool test for someone who plays the game to run.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

BrushWolf #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:24 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10465 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 10 March 2017 - 10:08 AM, said:

Camo on GAs means NOTHING to bots. They know where you are, and fly directly to you even when you have been un-spotted the entire match. Hell I can about guarantee that if you his in your GA and hit ZERO ground targets the entire match, when the bots got done killing enemy planes they'd come straight to you.

That's actually a cool test for someone who plays the game to run.

They go to your last known location, last target hit and then follow your track, being faster they will eventually run you down. How that would work if you were never spotted is a good question.

Edited by BrushWolf, 10 March 2017 - 08:02 PM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Gang_Starr #9 Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• 12175 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBrushWolf, on 10 March 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

They go to your last known location, last target het and then follow your track, being faster they will eventually run you down. How that would work if you were never spotted is a good question.

they would keep climbing forever

Tenks

Psicko23 #10 Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 10 March 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

They go to your last known location, last target hit and then follow your track, being faster they will eventually run you down. How that would work if you were never spotted is a good question.

I tried something similar in a game in early 1.9.5 I believe. I was in a ga. I killed the enemy bot ga's went to the back side of the map on the enemy side, killed one gt. I then went to a corner on their side and circled back along the a line back to my aa. They killed my bot ga. Then they came for me in my aa shorty after they killed my bot ga. Not sure if they changed it after that.

Swearengen5 #11 Posted 11 March 2017 - 06:12 AM

Senior Airman

• 3139 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST
Thanks for all the answers/knowledge.  With only the very basics in the WoWP Wiki, players' sharing experiences and passing knowledge are the only way to gain insight into how WoWP's mechanics really work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users